MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

who do think/want natsume's love interest to be?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Natsume Yuujinchou Fanclub »» who do think/want natsume's love interest to be?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: who do think/want natsume's love interest to be?
Sasada, Jun (class president)

15 6.41%
Kogitsune (the fox)

7 2.99%
Hotaru

1 0.43%
Asagi

2 0.85%
Tsubame

8 3.42%
Kaname Tanuma (guy love?)

46 19.66%
Madara

6 2.56%
None of the above: he's too busy

52 22.22%
All of them!

5 2.14%
Other

8 3.42%
Can't decide

13 5.56%
Natori Shuuichi

14 5.98%
Taki

57 24.36%
Voters: 234

10-14-08, 7:36 AM

I dont think Natsume has a interest in love stuff. This serie has no stuff like and this way I like it more.

10-14-08, 9:44 AM

Zeino said:
I dont think Natsume has a interest in love stuff. This serie has no stuff like and this way I like it more.

totally agree; i don't want any romance in Natsume Yuujinchou, it would ruin the current perfect atmosphere <3
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

10-14-08, 6:33 PM

Takai said:
Zeino said:

totally agree; i don't want any romance in Natsume Yuujinchou, it would ruin the current perfect atmosphere <3

I can live without romance in the series, but I definitely want to see Natsume learn how to be a functioning member of some kind of community of real humans.

I *don't* want Natsume to remain on the margin for the rest of his life. I don't really want him to go and live with the spirits exclusively -- although it would be cool if he became some kind of spirit-talker professionally.

Natsume has a conflict with society. He's isolated from it. Some anime characters with this conflict never resolve it - at least not by my standards. (E.g. the title character of Saishuu Heiki Kanojo was, as far as I can tell, always emotionally isolated and never truly connected to her fellow humans. This is not exactly falsifiable -- some people can point to the same evidence and say, no, no, she WAS emotionally connected there.)

I'd like to see that isolation resolved, one way or another. Even if Natsume never has close friends, I'd like to see him find some kind of stable social role.

10-14-08, 7:25 PM

I agree with that. I was talking purely about the romantic part. Romance would be too distracting for such a slow-paced relaxing series. I'm not saying that i don't want Natsume to become more open and connected with those around him. He certainly doesn't need to date in order to do that lol
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

10-15-08, 12:37 AM

formosan said:
Takai said:
Zeino said:

I can live without romance in the series, but I definitely want to see Natsume learn how to be a functioning member of some kind of community of real humans.

I *don't* want Natsume to remain on the margin for the rest of his life. I don't really want him to go and live with the spirits exclusively -- although it would be cool if he became some kind of spirit-talker professionally.

Natsume has a conflict with society. He's isolated from it. Some anime characters with this conflict never resolve it - at least not by my standards. (E.g. the title character of Saishuu Heiki Kanojo was, as far as I can tell, always emotionally isolated and never truly connected to her fellow humans. This is not exactly falsifiable -- some people can point to the same evidence and say, no, no, she WAS emotionally connected there.)

I'd like to see that isolation resolved, one way or another. Even if Natsume never has close friends, I'd like to see him find some kind of stable social role.

Takai said:
I agree with that. I was talking purely about the romantic part. Romance would be too distracting for such a slow-paced relaxing series. I'm not saying that i don't want Natsume to become more open and connected with those around him. He certainly doesn't need to date in order to do that lol

Same, I'm not opposite for him being social. x]

10-16-08, 4:20 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked Tanuma...actually I'm kind of surprised so many people did. Nice job! *Complete with stupid thumbs up and winking pose.*

In all seriousness however, I agree with keeping the romance out of the series. You've got a good thing going here, don't change it up to the point it ruins it.

10-17-08, 10:57 AM

wow we have quite a lot of votes!! seems lik "hes too busy for all tht jazz" is winning! thts also wht i personally think as well :D

10-19-08, 7:58 AM

Personally, I don't think he should have romance. Yet at least. They should develope him more first, to be a bit more social. Then maybe have a very subtle thing going with someone maybe introduced early in the second season, but end it on that. People that come in late aren't worth it, since it'd kill the feel, and the current cast would also kill the feel.

10-20-08, 6:00 PM

Kaname Tanuma<3 ;P No, no, I'm not thinking it would be like Lockon/Tieria >_>

While it's true, Natsume doesn't seem to be interested in romance now and he has other things to do, I'd like for him to end up with Tanuma. They seem to get along well.

10-21-08, 6:49 PM

What? No Natori Shuuichi on this list?? But... He had ROSES in his backgrounds! And he caught Natsume in some kind of flowery meadow setting!

Haha, But in all seriousness, I like this show it has a unique feel, no particularly looking for romance in it. I kind of like the idea that Natsume grows up to be some kind of single mountain hermit that finds peace with the Youkai. Sort of like Ginko from Mushi-shi, but more happy.

10-25-08, 5:53 AM

Chupacabra-Food said:
What? No Natori Shuuichi on this list?? But... He had ROSES in his backgrounds! And he caught Natsume in some kind of flowery meadow setting!

Haha, But in all seriousness, I like this show it has a unique feel, no particularly looking for romance in it. I kind of like the idea that Natsume grows up to be some kind of single mountain hermit that finds peace with the Youkai. Sort of like Ginko from Mushi-shi, but more happy.

added! and i totallt agree with you on the last bit!!!!!

10-25-08, 1:51 PM

lmao so Tanuma is the winner so far in the 'if' department? XD you guys.. XDDD
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

11-02-08, 4:47 AM

That's all we need. Yaoi Themes in Natsume Yujinchou.

Haha, in the serious side though it seems everyone feels the romance is best left out.

11-02-08, 9:30 AM

lol@yaoi fangirls ...second place lol

11-03-08, 11:39 AM

I don't think Natsume is a character who really needs love interest. Really.

11-03-08, 11:41 AM

Natsume/Jun ftw~

If it didn't happen and no romance came about, however, I'd be perfectly okay with it. Natsume Yuujinchou isn't an anime about two people in love but about people in love with life and all it has to offer.

11-14-08, 10:10 PM

formosan said:

It's a miracle he isn't wearing a straitjacket. People who have bad childhoods sometimes have problems connecting to *anybody* romantically.

Very true. I am one living example ^___^

formosan said:

I also want him to be able to come out of his "shell" a little more......but at the same time, I know it's kind of unrealistic expect him to fully come out. Resolving a conflict like Natsume's can take years, and is sometimes a very painful process......the anime itself being a testament to this.

I'm torn - on one hand, I want to see him fit in with other people better. On the other, watching an anime about his type of character is what attracts me to it. I don't want him to be ruined as a character for me!

EDIT: I love how Tanuma is beating Jun in the romance department. It's hilarious LOL. But aside from that, I'm glad the majority of voters don't want to see him romantically involved with anyone either.
~ Nothing makes us as lonely as our own secrets ~

11-18-08, 5:55 AM

I'm amazed no one has commented on his obvious connection with Tsubame. =o

I definitely wouldn't mind if there was no romance in the series at all, and Sasada is obviously a main character where Tsubame was a one-time character, but Tsubame is the only female to really develop a relationship with Natsume. They were holding hands, Natsume kept asking her to stick around, and he even cried for her when he saw the photo of her with the human who saved her.

She probably isn't the main love interest, because that seems unlikely, but I would argue that there were some kind of feelings between them. At least on his part.

11-18-08, 1:06 PM

I don't think Natsume's connection with Tsubame was anything romantic.. I'm not going to argue since there is no clear answer to that, but i can see why someone would think that way.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

11-24-08, 7:19 AM

Ossochanter said:
I'm amazed no one has commented on his obvious connection with Tsubame. =o

I definitely wouldn't mind if there was no romance in the series at all, and Sasada is obviously a main character where Tsubame was a one-time character, but Tsubame is the only female to really develop a relationship with Natsume. They were holding hands, Natsume kept asking her to stick around, and he even cried for her when he saw the photo of her with the human who saved her.

She probably isn't the main love interest, because that seems unlikely, but I would argue that there were some kind of feelings between them. At least on his part.

I agree that he had some feelings for her. At the least he felt very attached to her.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices