Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 12, 2012 8:06 PM

Sep 2009
That scene at the ending with the ED just killed me ;-;
Jul 12, 2012 8:27 PM

May 2011
For someone who so easily brought of the matter of love until death do they part Atsushi brought out that lonely sadness of his situation so well. I imagine that Hazuki won't just be good for Rokka but become a sort of companion for Atsushi while he's around as well. Even though Atsushi does see Hazuki as someone getting in the way of his love it must still be something of a relief to know that both someone cares about his wife and that there's someone else he can talk to. That last glance from Hazuki at Atsushi's figure shows that he is aware of some of the emotions swirling around Atsushi despite the casual way he acts.
Jul 12, 2012 8:40 PM

May 2010
This story so far is turning out great, Childish but caring husband, Widow who want to but cant let go form being torn and someone who there but cant man up sometimes even though they kinda want to be together, imo this has a very adult feel to it and its gonna be my fav of the season. SOO GOOD lol

Sidenote: the thought of have sex while someone dead husband or wife is hover around give me the willes just saying

Man up damn it.
Jul 12, 2012 9:18 PM

Nov 2009
I teared up. I feel bad for everyone and I'm rooting for everyone. Looking forward to more.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Jul 12, 2012 9:27 PM

Jun 2011
well... another great episode.
Jul 12, 2012 9:49 PM

Jan 2008
This was a good episode, however, the husband is a moron.. he's just thinking about himself at this moment, he needs to let her be happy if he truly cares for her. She deserves to be happy.
Jul 12, 2012 10:22 PM

Jan 2012
-khriz- said:
This was a good episode, however, the husband is a moron.. he's just thinking about himself at this moment, he needs to let her be happy if he truly cares for her. She deserves to be happy.

I think he sees how much she is still thinking about their past and that is making it very difficult for him. As much as he wants her to move on, he is stuck aswell and still loves her. He obviously wants her to be happy but it is tough for him.

Anyways, I loved this episode. Every character is great IMO. Can't wait for the next episode!
Jul 12, 2012 10:46 PM

Jul 2011
Shimao, I know you're gong to make me cry later on.

I can't support either! I love them both. ;A;
Jul 12, 2012 10:50 PM

Oct 2011
wow this was a good mix of dramatic,sweet and funny
5/5!
i want more!
Jul 12, 2012 10:54 PM

Mar 2009
THIS ANIME IS AMAZING.
Jul 13, 2012 2:41 AM

Dec 2009
I can't stand the ghost guy. Like at all. The only times the show works for me is when he's not there.
Ara ara.
Jul 13, 2012 3:07 AM
Apr 2011
DoctorDoom said:
I can't stand the ghost guy. Like at all. The only times the show works for me is when he's not there.

I agree that his antics are VERY annoying. However if he wasn't there to inform Natsuki, Rokka might still be on the floor.

I can sympathize with Shimao although he needs to start moving on, difficult as it may be. I think the good he brings though is that by getting in the way, it makes both Natsuki and Rokka think about whether they are are dating/getting together for the right reasons. Is the other worth pursuing...
Jul 13, 2012 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
lol at yaoi part (well almost)
Jul 13, 2012 3:43 AM

Aug 2009
Cockblock: The Animation

He's got to stop cockblocking, he's so fucking annoying. I still love this anime though, the pacing is just right. Not too fast like in Sakamichi no Apollon.
Jul 13, 2012 4:16 AM
Oct 2007
Great show, but man it is depressing. It's like dead puppies the anime
Jul 13, 2012 4:47 AM

Jun 2010
Not a bad episode, although I liked the first more. Also Rokka can't forget the past, so I want to see how she will grow up to love Hazuki.
Jul 13, 2012 5:59 AM

Oct 2011
At the end when he said "I'm the one who wants to cry" i was already crying T.T

I wonder if Hazuki would ever tell her that he can see her dead husband's ghost !!
Jul 13, 2012 6:38 AM
Apr 2012
this anime deserve more than a 7.9 in the ratings! the drama was great, the comedy was spot on, and the pacing is just right.. You can feel the emotions of each character as the episode moves along.. can't wait for next week!
Jul 13, 2012 6:45 AM

May 2009
This show is gripping. And I love how they show mature relationships. I was really starting to get sick of high school stuff since I myself am even through with university. This is my much needed cup of caffeine. It vaguely reminds me of NANA, the relationship part. But really, two episodes in, and so much has happened already, and yet it does not feel rushed. The time skips are handled really well. :)

Lol @ Rokka. I commend her for trying to move on despite herself. The "take what I can" was funny. I'm still laughing at Hazuki's confession "You could have an affair with me or something..." Who says that? :))) But definitely an interesting take.
Yet, I find Rokka's reactions a little dull. I mean, if I were in her place when Hazuki went, "I'm gonna make her forget all about her pathetic husband," I'd have slapped him, but also confronted him about what he knew of "my husband" that he could even say that? I don't know if it's a problem with the translation on the subber's part, but it makes you question why Rokka isn't questioning Hazuki's reactions.

Anyway, other than that, yes, their situations really clench at your heart. Losing someone to cancer; seeing your love suffer and be alone... and then being trapped between love and respect with a little annoyance.. Natsuyuki Rendezvous really is quite involving. :)

I find it annoying to have to wait for a whole week now! :(
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 13, 2012 7:03 AM

Aug 2007
Sometimes that ghost is really annoying. But still he is worrying about her wife. He doesn't mention directly, but he has desesperated for help when his wife felt.
Jul 13, 2012 7:08 AM
Jun 2008
2eps so ryuu tried get time with rokka while ghost husband being funny face & ghost-blocker.

so ryuu get date rokka & alone time oh ghost husband tried to kiss into forget husband cue double slap & out the door.

give ghost husband stay & be with rokka due she don't want him to leave give also during flashback give can't have kids (due to hat wore got be cancer or something) show divorce paper but rokka said no.

next day rokka all fever with ghost husband wonder to help then ryuu sense arrive & two help rokka get rest & recover yet give rokka crying her ghost husband want to cry.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jul 13, 2012 7:11 AM

Jan 2012
^ wat

Another good episode. Very interested to see how thing will end up.
Love the ED so much by the way.
Jul 13, 2012 7:18 AM
Sep 2011
Rokka is just as attached to her dead husband as he is to her. It's safe to say that Shimao will vanish once Rokka gets over the loss and releases him but until then her relationship with Hazuki won't be stable.
Jul 13, 2012 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
This really got a whole lot better since the first episode.
The drama was lovely and wow i'm still wondering who I actually should support its really making it so hard.
5/5
Jul 13, 2012 8:01 AM

Jun 2012
Good episode but Hazuki's recklessness made me sigh due to the fact he said that crap out loud and not think it....

Random Thoughts

Atsushi says he wants to make Rokka happy and won't let anyone else have her as a result but isn't that counter productive? I mean you're a ghost dude you can't do anything O.o

Rokka's low self esteem about herself is kind of frustrating

Must download full ED now!
Jul 13, 2012 8:03 AM

Sep 2008
This show has such a silly premise, yet it continues to amaze me by how serious it actually is. Great show, love it so far. Can't wait to see more.

Also, that ED is awesome.
Jul 13, 2012 8:48 AM
Jan 2011
I'm loving this show more and more, but it becomes hard to watch... I apparently can't handle sad stories. I was shaking and crying internally while watching this episode, and I think the further, the sadder it will get... My body isn't ready enough.
Jul 13, 2012 10:32 AM

Dec 2008
It's only been 2 episodes and the "drama" has already settled in. For some reason I have this impression that this concept would have worked perfectly as a movie as I seriously wonder how their relationship would stretch into 11-12 episodes.

And personally I love the ghost guy. I just find it hilarious when he's just there floating around, upsidedown, covering Rokka's eyes and whatnot. I do agree that the cockblocking gets annoying, but then again, if he didn't do that, we'd have a bloody short anime on our hands wouldn't we.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Jul 13, 2012 10:58 AM

Jan 2010
I cried all the way through the episode. How depressing.. I don't think I'll be able to ship Rokka and Ryuusuke together, not with her dead husband who clearly still loves her and who she clearly still loves hanging around..

Anime of the season right here, I think.
Jul 13, 2012 11:09 AM

Jun 2008
This is extremely sad... I'm not sure I even want to think about how this will end. The husband is being selfish with not letting anyone have Rokka, I mean does he expect her to be single for the rest of her life now? But at the same time it's not his fault that his soul couldn't leave, it was because Rokka wished so badly for him to stay... And I feel so bad for Hazuki-kun too T_T This isn't even a love triangle, it's way too cruel for all three of them.
Jul 13, 2012 11:16 AM

Jun 2010
Im still supporting Hazuki. Too much drama, damn.
Jul 13, 2012 11:16 AM

Apr 2010
Such a wonderful episode! But so sad ;___; Especially the very last part made me tear up ;__;

5/5
Jul 13, 2012 11:29 AM

Aug 2008
I have to admit that I didn't think some plots so simple will turn out to be this good.
Jul 13, 2012 11:41 AM

Oct 2011
Another beautiful episode. I'm interested to see changes in their relationships and how they will tackle them.

Looking forward to next week!

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Jul 13, 2012 9:47 PM

Mar 2012
Quality episode, enjoyed it much more than the first. That said, the mains general apathy and tendency to speak without thinking are still pissing me off at times.

The ED is beautiful.
JoshJul 13, 2012 9:51 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 14, 2012 12:45 AM

May 2008
Dam a rel,ationship which i want no one to be out of this sucks :(

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 14, 2012 3:40 AM

May 2010
Her husband sure is something & this is proving itself to be a good anime too.
Jul 14, 2012 4:07 AM
Feb 2012
This keeps getting more and more beautiful. The opening, the ending and the episode- so unbelievably heart-warming. >.<
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 14, 2012 7:35 AM

Sep 2007
Wonderful episode! I'm enjoying this series a lot, I'm hoping that it only gets better! <3

Jul 14, 2012 10:44 AM
Apr 2012
Whose side do you guys take? Hazuki or Shimao?

I think Rokka wants to move on, by trying to get herself into a relationship with Hazuki in order to get over her husband's death (which is through very tragic circumstances I must say).

Personally I am on Hazuki's corner. I feel that Rokka needs to live a happy guilt-free life and to stop grieving for her husband. From her crying out for Shimao you can tell that she is still sad about his death, and I think she has to move on with life.

Shimao's actions are understandable, and I really feel sad for him as he has been dealt with an unfortunate hand in life.

But for Rokka's happiness, if he really loves her, he should accept things for what they are and give her a chance to continue living happily with as much freedom as possible as she has been through a lot of suffering and hardship.

Unless he can find a way to bridge the gap between the living and the dead, that is.
Jul 14, 2012 12:13 PM

May 2008
The situation in this anime is so sad. ;-;

On one hand I want to stop watching because it's too depressing for me to think about but on the other I want to know how it turns out...
Jul 14, 2012 12:15 PM

Aug 2008
gaidenraiden said:
Whose side do you guys take? Hazuki or Shimao?

I think Rokka wants to move on, by trying to get herself into a relationship with Hazuki in order to get over her husband's death (which is through very tragic circumstances I must say).

Personally I am on Hazuki's corner. I feel that Rokka needs to live a happy guilt-free life and to stop grieving for her husband. From her crying out for Shimao you can tell that she is still sad about his death, and I think she has to move on with life.

Shimao's actions are understandable, and I really feel sad for him as he has been dealt with an unfortunate hand in life.

But for Rokka's happiness, if he really loves her, he should accept things for what they are and give her a chance to continue living happily with as much freedom as possible as she has been through a lot of suffering and hardship.

Unless he can find a way to bridge the gap between the living and the dead, that is.

Pretty much agree with you.
Jul 14, 2012 3:06 PM

Feb 2009
This year is all about corpse and ghosts being very annoying to the living.
Jul 14, 2012 3:44 PM

May 2009
;______;

Jul 14, 2012 4:51 PM

Dec 2009
The love is not too good, but the drama is the part this show is great.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 14, 2012 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
Emotional. I love how easy it is to care and understand both of the men and their emotions as well. Really great episode, as expected. c:
Jul 14, 2012 9:47 PM

Jun 2009
Since Rokka told Shimao that she didn't wanted him to leave her side, Shimao is still beside her. But it's pretty obvious that Rokka wants to move on but feels too guilty to admit it, and that's kind of sad for both of them.

And Hazuki is pretty serious about her. I mean, anyone would have ran for his life if they saw a ghost, not to mention the husband's ghost :/

I'm looking forward to the next episodes!
Jul 14, 2012 11:06 PM
Apr 2011
Oh damn. It's only the second episode and I am already shedding tears. T__T
Jul 15, 2012 1:28 AM

Dec 2009
This will probably be the best show this season, By GOD this is good.

Cockblocking ghost husband was fun lol xD Emotional ending to the episode, I almost wanted to cry too.

5/5 And I love the ED song.
Jul 15, 2012 8:49 AM

Oct 2009
wowwww first anime ever that I'm already in tears during episode 2 :']
Although I couldn't stand him during the rest of the ep I felt really bad for the ghost at the end </3 :((
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2012

167 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2012

103 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 30, 2012

90 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.