Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 18, 2012 2:12 PM

Jan 2011
After 2 episodes all I can say is that the show aint bad, but nothing spectacular either. The top tier VA cast feels like overkill - they dont fit their characters, especially Sayaka Ohara. The animation quality is too good for the art as well in my opinion.
Jul 18, 2012 8:35 PM

Mar 2011
5/5 amazing episode
Jul 20, 2012 1:44 AM
Nov 2008
Omg....I said I won't cry this episode too..but I did ,again!! Will probably be the best romance this season and more.Love it but really oh so sad [but i love that part too]
Jul 21, 2012 6:07 AM

Aug 2011
Wow, this is an amazing romance. Top anime of the summer season for sure. I think right now I like Shimao better than Hazuki but I definitely support them both. And I laughed out loud when Rokka was on the floor with Hazuki on top of her and Shimao lay there between them!
Jul 21, 2012 4:36 PM

Aug 2008
I feel bad for Shimao. Funny how this episode pulled me over to his side. He's much more interesting as a character compared to Hazuki lol.
Jul 31, 2012 4:12 PM

Jun 2008
My only question: Why does Rokka keep calling her husband "Shimao-kun?" She does this in the flashbacks (where they're married) and the present. I mean, I'm not exactly fluent in Japanese, but from what I do know it would make more sense to address him as his given name, not family name (considering she is also "Shimao" now).
Aug 1, 2012 8:40 AM

Sep 2010
lol Hazuki got cockblocked by a ghost. xD

Poor Rokka and Shimao there at the end. T_T

5/5
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Aug 7, 2012 9:52 PM

Apr 2012
Whoa omg this anime is yet another to not be quite what I expected.
It's really pulling on my heart strings but I haven't cried yet yay! lol.

But still... this episode gave me that kinda depressed emotional korean drama type of feel omg. Still love it!! I know this show has so much potential lol :D
Aug 12, 2012 2:59 PM

Aug 2012
First, I was afraid that it would be a basical anime romanance. But after I watched the first ep, I found the idea of a rivality enter the ghost and Hazuki prety interesting XD But I was now afraid that the story would be looow and would take many time to really begin: i mean the developement of their relationship ^^
And now I watched this second ep, I am TOTALLY satificted! It's quick and energic! I love it!
Emotional, funny, romantic, dramatic, it's a pretty good anime!
Aug 21, 2012 10:41 PM

Nov 2011
Must be fun to be a ghost:

Sep 10, 2012 7:19 PM

Jun 2010
Man, at the end it made me tear up a bit since the ghost couldn't do anything for her and was only spectating. Good anime so far
Sep 12, 2012 7:53 AM
Dec 2011
Cratex said:
The dreaded Sleeping Without a Blanket Fever strikes again. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

lol
I always think it is it because its more humid in japan, nowhere being far from the ocean?

Stupid ghost man lets contrast and compare.

With you she wakes up with a fever and no-one around to help her as you whisper sweet little curses in her ear
With the young strong and full of ambition hazuki she wakes up all sexed-up and feeling good.

Walk towards the light man Hazuki's got this
thisguy2011Sep 12, 2012 7:56 AM
Sep 14, 2012 1:31 AM

Sep 2011
Second episode only and its already awesome!
Oct 19, 2012 5:27 AM

Jan 2012
not going to lie, had tears in my eyes at the end just her shouting out his name saying she was sorry, and the look on his face just staring at his hands was heartbreaking :/ such a powerful episode, and once again the blend between humour and romance and sadness is perfect!
Nov 29, 2012 4:42 AM

Jan 2012
ghost cock block xD

makes me think if all my ancestors have been watching me 24/7..

looks like this is gonna be another predictable one though =/
Feb 5, 2014 12:56 PM

May 2012
Impressive episode, really like the pacing of the development! Things sure are getting good so let's see what's next!
Dec 16, 2014 10:25 PM

Oct 2013
Liking this so far :)
Feb 21, 2015 11:06 AM

Dec 2012
Man what a series. The blend of comedy and drama is really good and the way they play off the dead husband is both hilarious and depressing at the same time. It must be agonizing to be so close to the one you love but unable to reach out and do something for her.
Jun 24, 2015 12:45 AM

Aug 2010
I love how they tried to incorporate each of the three characters' narratives, for that effectively sends out each of their emotions clearly to the audience and which helps to create this beautiful emotional complexity!
Dec 13, 2015 5:33 PM

Aug 2012
AAh I loved it...
the whole episode got me to have mixed feeling it was heart warming yet so fu**kin sad, NOO I DID NOT CRY pfft...

tho I wish that he tells her at some point in the series that he could actually see her husband and let them have a conversation or something , "like hey Mr Ghost I appreciate your concern but I don't need you anymore can u die peacefully pls.."

but damn this is still so sad.. this is the first time for me to support both sides ..
Jan 3, 2016 2:04 AM

Jan 2012
Keilis said:
THIS ANIME IS AMAZING.

true. a tearjerking one. the danna-sama although annoying with hazuki not letting anyone touches her wife, realizes that he's of no use at all to his wife cause he's dead. I actually cried about this whole not being able to pursue your wife again. .Also, jun fukuyama's voice is so soft that makes the moment even more beautiful.
Also, 8 yrs difference between hazuki and rokka? lol i thought hazuki looked older.
Jan 25, 2016 7:28 AM

Jun 2010
Really liked this episode.
I think Hazuki is very romantic. I wanted to die when he tried to kiss Rokka. <3____<3
The husband is very selfish, when he wants to keep Rokka all to himself, but also.. that's how the human mind works. It's not easy to see someone getting closer to the person you love and hold dear.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2016 5:26 PM

Jun 2013
Rokka looks better with slightly longer hair. Her close-cropped hair makes her look like a little boy.
臭い-
Mar 8, 2017 4:13 PM

Aug 2015
fishergirl16 said:
Both of them were left behind in a sense, because the husband can't leave. It's just so sad. I was crying near the end where Shimao felt so helpless. The stories where a spouse dies really gets inside my heart, I just find it so depressing. And one of my uncle is now going through intense cancer treatment, and it doesn't look too good. I just feel so bad for his wife. Although I can't directly identify with their situation, it still really hurts knowing that this is close to me as well.

I honestly don't like Hazuki. I mean, his feelings are important, but doesn't he want to respect their marriage? I don't want those vows to be broken, even if they are in death now. It always upsets me when people remarry after their spouse dies.. I just feel like their betraying their loved one. *sigh* so complicated.
You just need to stop watching too much chinese drama.
Mar 13, 2020 7:18 PM

Nov 2016
Another great episode. The premise catched me and so far the development is living up to my expectations. It's an emotionally stirring drama, definitely feeling the struggle of everyone involved in this super natural love triangle. The comedic relief moments were nice as well, for instance when Hazuki tried to go for a kiss and Atsushi "blocked" his way lol. And in general, this show does a pretty good job at shifting the mood without breaking immersion.

Also interesting that the age gap is larger than supposed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 7, 2020 10:36 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
Maybe it's just because I started this show while I was watching Yesterday wo Uttate, but to me they have a lot of similarities. The main difference seems to be the aggressiveness of the guy involved. Hazuki is definitely very aggressive, which personally gets on my nerves a little. Maybe it's my cultural background, but I have no idea why you would want to have sex with someone on the second date if you actually want a serious relationship with them. Love is patient. If you just are acting out of lust, it makes sense, but Hazuki seems a little more serious than that. Maybe he's just a little too young to realize that lust is a terrible foundation for a relationship.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Oct 4, 2020 8:59 AM

Jun 2020
Wow the sexual tension between them is off the charts. She must have been so lonely..... while the comedic moments were funny, it’s so sad to see Atsushi all alone as well.... the silence when he told her not to sleep there as she’ll get a cold, that scene was so sad.... :( And when he stood there helplessly unable to help & care for her & telling Hazuki where all the meds and stuff were :(

Hazuki tho. I like his character but this didn’t sit well with me. It’s almost like he didn’t spare a thought for Atsushi. Sure they don’t seem to get along but he’s a ghost pining for his wife, he’ll never win you based solely on the fact that well.....he’s a ghost. He shouldn’t have gone over to his place & attempted to get intimate there with her, right infront of him. Atsushi would have felt awful, and he knows that. They both love her, I’m sure Atsushi’s love is deeper for now, I wish Hazuki would try to put himself in Atsushi’s shoes.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 27, 2021 3:23 PM

Jul 2016
I swear Hazuki finds his manhood at the most random moments. I really wanted to punch him when he said such hurtful comment out loud.
SouthRzVaFeb 27, 2021 3:27 PM
May 26, 2021 12:25 PM

Jan 2021
I loved this episode!!!?^^
Although I have to admit I had mixed feelings,
The husband is so selfish
Jun 9, 2021 2:25 AM

Jan 2021
"You're the one who made your wife cry, so I don't think you have any right to interfere."

I feel like this is quite a bold bluff but it comes from his feelings that it's as if he's on the verge of giving up? as he said "anyone would lose the will to fight."

"The bedroom is over there, the doorway in front of you."
"There's medicine in the basket next to the phone."
"If she's out of cooling gel strips, there's an ice pack in the freezer."

It's really a frustrating feeling right? both for the late husband for being unable to help, and for Hazuki because he felt like there was no hope for him.

So, the real question is, who goes through more pain? the one who's gone or the one who got left behind? ...or the one who fall in love with the one who got left behind...?

Aug 2, 2022 9:02 PM

Mar 2013
Wow that was sad. I just know I will probably end up crying
I can feel for all three of them, no one said it was easy to let go of your loved one if they pass
and poor guy hazuki isn't at fault for rokka and atsushi not being able to get over each other
Jan 15, 10:19 PM

Dec 2022
The ghost might be the most interesting character in all of this. He's such a believable personality. Not really good, not really evil.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2012

167 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 5, 2012

151 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2012

103 by katakumplat »»
Feb 11, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 30, 2012

90 by katakumplat »»
Feb 7, 10:44 PM

Poll: » Natsuyuki Rendezvous Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2012

71 by katakumplat »»
Feb 5, 11:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.