Aug 2013
Kirigaya Sachika . . .
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Aug 15, 2013 11:05 AM

Jun 2009
ZeroKamikaze said:
it would explain why kuroyukihime doesn't reveal her name and also the countless similarities between kirito and her

i think its really possible and that accel world is a story in the same universe as SAO

Also the fact her avatars arms are two sword also gives that hint. This would also explain why she is extremely fast. Asuna is one of the Fastest players in SAO and Kirito had the fastest reaction time in SAO. And Kurohime has speed in both. This can also explain why she never reveals her name ever.
Aug 15, 2013 6:10 PM
Aug 2013
because her father and mother popularity, she only tells it to haruyuki . . . Sacchan, I think his name have Sac . . . in the first, but the next is never told . . .
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Oct 24, 2013 2:28 AM
Oct 2013
All of you guys are Spinning Around Reki Kawaharas' Hands... LOL
Oct 24, 2013 3:45 PM

Oct 2013
What if... Kuroyukihime is Yui? Dum dum dum!

Light Novel spoilers:
Nov 28, 2013 1:13 AM
Sep 2013
No actually if you look at the series list online you can see that they do a crossover between SAO and Accel World. Which makes sense since the World Seed that Kirito was given was able to make possible because then everyone else was able to make their own virtual reality games, thus Brain Burst was made.
Jan 7, 2014 1:54 AM
Jan 2014
I believe that if Kuroyukihime had just any name the author wouldn't hide it from the readers. I also don't believe that if he wanted to keep them separate he wouldn't have merged them with the mention of the nervegear and having Kirito and Silver Crow battle. While I think it is logical to think that he could have been in a parallel universe I feel that he wouldn't have had them battle if he didn't intend to do something with it. I also have other theories on how they could be similar, but those were just theories. I just feel like its too perfect for the author to just deny.
Mar 11, 2014 4:16 AM
Mar 2014
ZeroKamikaze said:
monkeii said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
it would explain why kuroyukihime doesn't reveal her name and also the countless similarities between kirito and her

i think its really possible and that accel world is a story in the same universe as SAO

accel world IS in the same universe as SAO.

also, it's pretty clear that kuroyukihime is kirito's daughter. the similarities are all there.

it's like how Ryohgo Narita uses the same universe for his novels like baccano and durarara

it hasn't been confirmed

its arguable either way, especially with some of the latest content in the accel world LN

Q06: Is Kuroyukihime Kirito’s daughter?

KAWAHARA: There seems to be some conjecture that such a thing could be possible. However, it’s already said that Kuroyukihime’s family was not a happy one. If she was Asuna and Kirito’s daughter, in the twenty years between the time settings, they had a really bad falling out in their relationship. I hope she is not the daughter of Kirito and Asuna.

SO.. THEY INTERVIEWED KAWAHARA, AND HE SAID THAT.

I THINK, THAT GRAPHITE EDGE, Kuroukihime's master, IS KIRITO AND ASUNA'S SON, BECAUSE GRAPHITE EDGE WAS THE ONE THAT TAUGHT KUROYUKIHIME THE "STARBURST STREAM" WHICH IS KIRITO'S SKILL, AND G.E. USES DUAL BLADES,
Apr 22, 2014 12:02 AM
Apr 2014
You also have to remember that in the Underworld Arc Kirito is sent to Ruild. The gear that sends him there is an acceleratoring device that speeds up virtually. Which means that a few weeks in the gear would only be about 2 days. Which is relevant to the BB due to its perk of slowing down real time. So kirito might be responsible for creating Brave Burst.
Apr 23, 2014 3:04 AM
Jul 2011
If Kuroyukihime Is Not Kirito's Daughter, The Mystery Of Creator Of Brain Burst is Still An Mystery. Besides, Kuroyukihime already said If you want to meet the Creator of the Brain Burst, the burst linker need to reach level 10.
SeerHuApr 23, 2014 3:11 AM
Jul 4, 2014 12:19 PM
Jul 2014
martinic3;10155434 said:
So I've been thinking about the relation between SAO and AW so I decided to start a random theory thread. So here is mine:

SAO and AW are in the same univerce since the diffrence is about 20 years that is possible.
The reason the author keeps Kuroyukihime's name a secret is probably because she has some kind of relationship this the main characters of SAO. Here is my theory about her real name:
She said her real name isn't all that diffrent from her nickname. Kuroyukihime- Yuuki Kurohime. Could this mean she is Kirito(Kazuto) and Asuna's daughter. The 20 year time gap makes this possible. Now a new question appears "Why does she have her mother's maiden name?"
There are a few possible answers:
Kirito and Asuna never had an official marriage so she kept her maiden's name.
Due to Asuna being rich she needs to keep her family name so after the marriage Kirito accepts her name.
Kirito dies in an accident before the marriage.

I think this two anime are related according to episode 22 of AW

So there is a possibility that they have a relationship perhaps daughter or great grand daughter :D.
Aug 30, 2014 6:00 AM
Nov 2012
BLACK LOTUS’ NAME THEORY – POSSIBLE SAO AND ALICIZATION SPOILERS

kenzuAug 30, 2014 6:07 AM
Aug 31, 2014 6:02 AM
Apr 2014
kenzu said:
BLACK LOTUS’ NAME THEORY – POSSIBLE SAO AND ALICIZATION SPOILERS

What this guy^ says its pure gold. I swear.

There's just one thing that its weird to me, by the end of anime, none of Kuroyukihime's parents has appeared, not even when their daughter was on the hospital... dunno why, but it doesn't actually feel like Kirito and Asuna...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 9, 2014 5:36 AM
Sep 2014
Starburst Stream a sword skill of Kirito and an Incarnate System of Black Lotus.The Eclipse and Vorpal Strike are also in SAO and AW
xfntyswordSep 9, 2014 5:50 AM
Nov 7, 2014 8:27 PM

Oct 2013
Don't know if people care but after re-watching Accel World again, I think it's time for me to divulge my theory. Some basic things are taken from general things going around but I'd like to think most of mine is completely original.

Put alot of effort into this so I value feedback.

Also worth noting Money > Story. So while this may be Reki intentions at this point. SAO is so profitable depending on his own legitimacy as an author he may change his plot line just to rake extra dough. Lets hope he has enough and choose his integrity. It will help him out in the long run.

Edited 4 Days after post: I felt motivated to make a video. If anyone doesn't want to read what I posted above, and would rather watch something made hopefully both informative and entertaining check this out.

shawnofthedeadzNov 11, 2014 5:09 PM
Dec 12, 2014 12:45 AM
Sep 2011
So I feel like the author may have done this on accident but then he realized the potential goodness in the idea of him being his daughter i mean the very little info given to us in the time between SAO and AW leaves a lot of questions then answers. But hey it's the authors journey not mine. I look forward to future works
Feb 24, 2015 5:18 AM

May 2011
Well. There is rumor going on there. Connection between Sword Art Online and Accel World is remain mystery. In fact, both franchises are created by Reki Kawahara. Sword Art Online is set in mid-2020s and Accel World is set in late-2040s. If Reki Kawahara confirmed that Sword Art Online is a canon prequel to Accel World and revealed that Kuroyukihime is a biological daughter of Kirito and Asuna. Just like in Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin as in Japanese Romaji title) where Levi
until Hajime Isayama will confirmed for rumor about Attack on Titan as either canon/true story or false plot.
MasterChiefSnakeFeb 24, 2015 5:53 AM
May 24, 2015 10:57 PM
May 2015
Taka-tin said:
There is a strong resemblance too. If Asuna had Kiritos black hair she would look a lot like Kuroyuukihime. Even though this could just be a coincidence since the AW light novel was published before SAO.
I say a very well done I would like to add on It could be possible that it was a group effort ti make it
Aug 10, 2015 3:50 PM
Jun 2014
There is almost no doubt that AW is connected to SAO because if you read the web novels it ends with

That being said, I agree with earlier comments saying Graphite Edge could be Kirito's son because of how he uses Kirito's SAO skills.
Feb 14, 2016 4:36 PM
Feb 2016
I read the manga as it was released in the US, right now they are due for a release of the seventh.

They don't put these scenes in the anime though.
HeraklesDownfallFeb 14, 2016 4:43 PM
Jul 21, 2016 10:00 AM
Jul 2016
[quote=shawnofthedeadz message=35761533]Don't know if people care but after re-watching Accel World again, I think it's time for me to divulge my theory. Some basic things are taken from general things going around but I'd like to think most of mine is completely original.

Put alot of effort into this so I value feedback.
[spoiler]
Kuroyukihime = Yuuki Sachi.
Child of: Kirito & Asuna

Okay, so this part is completely generic. Tons of fans have said this exact thing but lets see why before I divulge more into my own theory of the story.

~~

First off, lets examine why this makes sense for each of the assumptions (please note some of these assumptions may support both categories but for the sake of simplicity I listed them under one):

Mother Is Asuna
1. Sachi (Kuroyukihime but will be referred to as Sachi from here on in) looks very similar to Asuna when she was 15
2. Asuna had Sachi when she was 20 (When Sachi turns 15 (start of Accel) 20 years has passed since the SAO Incident) makes sense
3. Yuuki name is technically Yūki which is close to the word "Snow" (Yuki) in Japanese . Sachi nickname is Princess Snow Black.

Father Is Kirito:
1. Hair color is identical
2. Sachi's avatar uses two swords and Kirito uses two swords; her color is Black, and Kirito's color was Black. (Makes sense as your avatar is based on a nightmare of your inner fears and wishes... what's Sachi's? The issues plagued around her father Kirito. More on this further below)

Name is Yuuki Sachi:
1. Named after Kirito's biggest probably most traumatizing event in SAO, the death of Sachi. A way to remember her and pay respects to one of the more influential people in Kirito's life
2. Sachi is Ironic, she has been anything but the "child of joy." It's very ironic and as authors love irony...

~~

So how could all of this fit into Accel World? My theory works like this...

!
Sachi (Kuroyukihime) is an illegitimate child of Kirito, Kirito is dead (though lives an AI) and Asuna has remarried (well married first time, but to someone other than Kirito).
!

Here is a timeline to elaborate and probably the easiest way to explain how it works.

20 years till AW: SAO Incident
18.. GGO
16.. Beginning Alicization Arc
16.. Asuna gets pregnant by Kirito before he gets injected by succinylcholine and starts dying
16.. Kirito becomes an AI with human intelligence before letting his body die off using the Soul Translator
15.. Neurolinker launched by Asuna's family, Sachi is born and named by both Kirito & Asuna, since the two have early access to the technology they chose to have her born with a neurolinker (pretty much the only few people in the entire world to have that ability, power and influence as the technology just launched) In addition, Sachi unusually takes Asuna's last name because as Kirito no longer exists she can't take his (plus Asuna's surname has all the power, it would be a logical choice).
14-8.. Asuna marries someone, can't stay with Kirito as he is no longer "real" and Kirito moves on. Kirito chooses not to communicate with Sachi as Japanese customs are severely against split fathers from being with their children. Plus, could want the stepfather have a chance with her to pretend to be the real father (or just afraid).
7.. Kirito invents Brain Burst. (Think about it, if adults can't use it, an advance program like this was probably not invented by 7-8(max) year olds... Kirito at this point is the only "adult" possible of experiencing Brain Burst and the accelerated world)
7.. Sachi feels unloved, has issue with her "false dad" and feels (or is) mistreated because she is an illegitimate child. Wants to explosively lash out at the world -> Nightmare -> Black Lotus, an Avatar built with mostly offense in mind with probably mixed stories of her real father from Asuna (hence dual swords and black color). Also explains why she has such poor views of herself despite being "perfect" probably due to her illegitimate status. Might also explain another motive of why she wants to "topple" the Accelerated World despite destroying it (as she wants to rebel against the real one).
0.. Accel World
End of Accel World.. We all know Haru is going to be the one who reaches level 10, not Kuroyukihime. Meets (maybe a much older) Kirito, learns of his true nature and connection to Kuroyukihime convinces him to contact her, which he does and then Haru asks for permission to date Sachi (which he finally does "officially" at the end like all anime series). Feel good moments go all around.

So what do you think? I don't think I missed much of my theory... though because I did spend the last hour and a half typing this... well you know!

I want to point out that your timeline is wrong. SAO started in 2022, which is 25 years before the first events of Accel world. At the end of SAO Asuna confirms she is 17 and Kirito is 16. Therefore by the time of Underworld Ark in either in the late stages of 2025 or early 2026 Asuna would be 18 at least. Meaning in the time of Accel world if Asuna and Kirito are alive would be 38. Now, the social cameras and the fact that both experienced the Underworld technology would likely create both devices. So of course likely there children would grow up with some understanding of the virtual world. It could be that they had children but unfortunately died as a result, Snow black was raised by her grandmother that would have never approved of there relationship.
Sep 17, 2016 10:55 PM
Jun 2016
Sorry but this is WRONG because, if you look on the wiki, it says that Kuroyukihime learned Vorpal Strike, Starburst Stream, and The Eclipse from Graphite Edge.
Mar 10, 2017 6:18 PM
Mar 2017
And people dont like them both too
Mar 20, 2017 10:41 PM
Mar 2017
Kuroyukihime has asunas eyes and facial features and kiritos hair color and gaming prowess. It may just be a coincidence but it seems that kuroyukihime has a lot more in common than looks though
Jun 9, 2017 1:21 PM
Aug 2016
[quote=Death556381 message=47026087]
shawnofthedeadz said:

20 years till AW: SAO Incident
18.. GGO
16.. Beginning Alicization Arc
16.. Asuna gets pregnant by Kirito before he gets injected by succinylcholine and starts dying
16.. Kirito becomes an AI with human intelligence before letting his body die off using the Soul Translator
15.. Neurolinker launched by Asuna's family, Sachi is born and named by both Kirito & Asuna, since the two have early access to the technology they chose to have her born with a neurolinker (pretty much the only few people in the entire world to have that ability, power and influence as the technology just launched) In addition, Sachi unusually takes Asuna's last name because as Kirito no longer exists she can't take his (plus Asuna's surname has all the power, it would be a logical choice).
14-8.. Asuna marries someone, can't stay with Kirito as he is no longer "real" and Kirito moves on. Kirito chooses not to communicate with Sachi as Japanese customs are severely against split fathers from being with their children. Plus, could want the stepfather have a chance with her to pretend to be the real father (or just afraid).
7.. Kirito invents Brain Burst. (Think about it, if adults can't use it, an advance program like this was probably not invented by 7-8(max) year olds... Kirito at this point is the only "adult" possible of experiencing Brain Burst and the accelerated world)
7.. Sachi feels unloved, has issue with her "false dad" and feels (or is) mistreated because she is an illegitimate child. Wants to explosively lash out at the world -> Nightmare -> Black Lotus, an Avatar built with mostly offense in mind with probably mixed stories of her real father from Asuna (hence dual swords and black color). Also explains why she has such poor views of herself despite being "perfect" probably due to her illegitimate status. Might also explain another motive of why she wants to "topple" the Accelerated World despite destroying it (as she wants to rebel against the real one).
0.. Accel World

but using this Timeline doesn't means that Kirito "dies" roughly 1-2 years before Kuroyukihime is made, since She is 14-15 when the Accel World starts?
Jun 25, 2017 9:16 AM
Mar 2016
SANE said:
I think this is possible.

In Accel World. There is 2 times I notice something about this.

When Kuroyukihime said her name is muchlike her nickname. Immediately, I have her name in my mind.

And in special chapter "Versus"

As both series are in the same universe. So this theory is still possible until Kuroyukihime real parents show up.
my man...im sorry to break it to you but when two people get married the wife takes the husbands last name.. so yukki asuna from sao will be kirigaya asuna if she married kirito..so,, your wrong..she might turn out to be kirito's daughter but your explanation is wrong
Oct 3, 2017 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
Sorry to revive what may have been a dead thread, but I wanted to add something.

As interesting as it might be, there's now Accel World VS Sword Art Online to consider. Even if it's a non-canon spin-off, still. If it was written in some "Accel World bible" that she was Kirito's and Asuna's daughter, one might think that she would recognize at least her father (since Asuna's undyne-form has the blue hair thing). She's bound to have seen a picture of her parents when they were young at some point, right? And yet, still no mention of it in-game? If something is non-canon, that could mean that nothing has to make sense or whatever, however it could also be played as "this isn't what actually happens... but if it did, this is how it would go down."

Still, I think it's quite likely that the creator of Brain Burst is somehow related to SAO. (The anime, not in-universe game.)
And to anyone who wants to pull a "But in the manga-!"... If there are differences between a manga version, anime version, game version, etc., the 'parallel universe' argument can apply.
For this, the 'game universe', which basically is just the anime, with a few tweaks and additions, is the one I'm mainly focusing on for now.
There is not just one SAO or AW.
Oct 3, 2017 8:14 AM

Nov 2009
M-PEROR said:
SANE said:
I think this is possible.

In Accel World. There is 2 times I notice something about this.

When Kuroyukihime said her name is muchlike her nickname. Immediately, I have her name in my mind.

And in special chapter "Versus"

As both series are in the same universe. So this theory is still possible until Kuroyukihime real parents show up.
my man...im sorry to break it to you but when two people get married the wife takes the husbands last name.. so yukki asuna from sao will be kirigaya asuna if she married kirito..so,, your wrong..she might turn out to be kirito's daughter but your explanation is wrong

Actually, it's possible to "marry into" your wife's family and take their name if that family is much more important than yours. At least, a few characters in manga and anime were like this.

MrPokirby said:
Still, I think it's quite likely that the creator of Brain Burst is somehow related to SAO. (The anime, not in-universe game.)

If you think about it, Brain Burst just unlocks the acceleration possible with Alicization arc equipment. So it could be one of the people involved. Or one of the AIs involved.
Apr 12, 2018 10:22 PM
Apr 2018
To all who thoughts Kuroyukihime was kirito's daughter, y'all dumb af! Can't you think who's their anime producers? SAO producer is same as AccelWorld Producer!, Maybe you think that was a coincidence, but it wasn't so you can't equate SAO and AccelWorld as the same anime where y'all said Kuroyukihime was kirito's daughter. Maybe you all said that they have similar appearance or similar names or anything else that similar, It just what you guys think, but for 'The Producer' it wasn't! so don't think they are related each other! Kuroyukihime IS NOT kirito's daughter, that will never happen. Also Kuroyukihime real name is 'Yukiko Kuroba' go search it on Google (I don't think this is her real name tho, we never know what Kawahara thinks)

I hate people who think as if it were their anime, so stop confusing other people's head dude, we never know what The real Producers think, Reki Kawahara thinks!

Last word, Kuroyukihime IS NOT kirito's daughter.., remember that.
-DvNApr 12, 2018 10:31 PM
Dec 3, 2018 8:16 PM
Oct 2018
I'd say Kuroyukihime is perfect as Kirito's wife!
Jan 26, 2020 6:51 AM

Nov 2019
Man, it would have been too awesome if it was true really. I mean I love these kind of references.

Sorry to revive a dead thread though.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.