Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2012 6:30 AM
Apr 2011
lol in chapter 500 all I saw was 5 pages of people saying Ichigo is coming and some people screaming and 2 good pages at the end. I don't thing that that was Grimjow if it is him then:
Grimjow defeated the bad guy in 1 page.
Ichigo tried to defeat the bad it 10 chapters and couldn't do it.
Jul 10, 2012 7:19 AM
Dec 2010
Sure, it was kind of slow. And yet, for its duration, I was enthralled.

THAT BETTER BE GRIMMJOW!!!!!!
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Jul 10, 2012 7:22 AM

Jan 2012
Calling it now the guy at the end is Grimmjow!!!!!!!
Jul 10, 2012 7:42 AM
Jul 2011
Aizen
Jul 10, 2012 7:47 AM
Apr 2012
I believe the person that killed kirge was in fact either one of his own team (who is stronger) or at least some quincy, because in page 16 at the top you can see just before when he was cut in half, that he cried wait in panic. assuming that guy knew who cut him.

The sword at the end, that looked like uraharas to me (in its sealed state) so it looks like it was picked up for him to get back. Therefore the mysteruiys guy issss ryuken ishida :D
Jul 10, 2012 7:51 AM
Feb 2012
Jul 10, 2012 7:52 AM

May 2011
Curious for the unknown killer there.
Jul 10, 2012 7:54 AM

Jun 2009
Ichigo dad? or a sword weeling quincy, who knows though i think its going to be some one big importance
Jul 10, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2008
bassa_x said:
lol in chapter 500 all I saw was 5 pages of people saying Ichigo is coming and some people screaming and 2 good pages at the end. I don't thing that that was Grimjow if it is him then:
Grimjow defeated the bad guy in 1 page.
Ichigo tried to defeat the bad it 10 chapters and couldn't do it.

Did you even paid attention to what you read?

When Kirge set his blut to defense, even Ichigo will have a hard time cutting him but in the meanwhile his attack aren't strong. For that he has to put his blut into offense which make him vulnerable to about anything.

When he was fighting Ichigo he was constantly using his blut in defense because he hardly could match Ichigo's speed and he couldn't seal his bankai.
Just now when everyone is down and almost dead he has no point in keeping his blut in defense and thus he used it in offense for the optimal result, which left a very good opening to the guy that finished him off.
Jul 10, 2012 8:22 AM

Dec 2011
We might get to see Urahara serious now...

Or it is the possible return of Grimmjow!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2012 8:31 AM

Jan 2008
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez was my first thought, but it could be Ishida or Nel too.

Jul 10, 2012 8:37 AM

Jul 2010
OMG.That was epic.I really hope it's Grimmjow, though was he really this strong? i mean even Urahara didn't know what happened, and suddenly had sword next to head, but everything is possible.He could practice too eh.
The thing is, that Urahara was like ''Who was it'' which means he never felt this reiatsu before, which leads to only a few characters that we know.And its possible we will see a new char too...

PLEASE LET IT BE GRIMMJOW.
hungry_bunny said:

Why would Nel attack like that? and it's not Quincy.They don't use normal swords.
Jul 10, 2012 8:45 AM

Apr 2011
So let me start by saying this, Bleach is SO much better than Naruto at the moment.
Now then, this chapter was pretty good in my opinion :) Finally, that ending!!!!!! Who could it be? Maybe Grimmjow? Can't wait to find out :D
Jul 10, 2012 8:56 AM

Mar 2011
Epic chapter.Kenpachi is happy about Ichigo coming.And that last page pls let it be Grimmjow.
Jul 10, 2012 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
iLostReason said:
OMG.That was epic.I really hope it's Grimmjow, though was he really this strong? i mean even Urahara didn't know what happened, and suddenly had sword next to head, but everything is possible.He could practice too eh.
The thing is, that Urahara was like ''Who was it'' which means he never felt this reiatsu before, which leads to only a few characters that we know.And its possible we will see a new char too...

PLEASE LET IT BE GRIMMJOW.
hungry_bunny said:

Why would Nel attack like that? and it's not Quincy.They don't use normal swords.
Ishida picking up Urahara's sword or Nel feeling that Ichigo is in danger and turning into adult Nel. It's a long shot, especially since it looks like Kirge was "sliced" and not "pierced", but Grimmjow seems too obvious... or perhaps I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high followed by a classic Kubo-troll >__> Everything is possible in my opinion, could be Gin too... or Aizen.

Jul 10, 2012 9:11 AM

Sep 2009
i don't really think it's grimmjow, well not unless he suddenly went from #6 power-level to Stark's power leve....Halibel was stronger than him and she got her ass handed to her.

If Grimmjow were to fight Kirge, he'd get his ass handed to him.

And besides, judging from Urahara's face expression, it's someone he knows...and since he's not acquainted with Grimmjow, it couldn't be him.

I doubt it's Aizen since he's still imprisoned in SS....well, whoever it is, well find out next ch
Jul 10, 2012 9:39 AM

Feb 2012
Why do you think Grimmjow wouldn't be strong enough?! Seriously, more than 17 months have passed since his loss, you don't know how strong he could have become in that time, everything is possible.
Jul 10, 2012 9:54 AM

Jul 2010
hungry_bunny said:
Ishida picking up Urahara's sword or Nel feeling that Ichigo is in danger and turning into adult Nel. It's a long shot, especially since it looks like Kirge was "sliced" and not "pierced", but Grimmjow seems too obvious... or perhaps I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high followed by a classic Kubo-troll >__> Everything is possible in my opinion, could be Gin too... or Aizen.

First of, Ishida or Nel wouldn't attack Kisuke.And he would recognize their reiatsu immediately, at least Ishida's.Im 90% sure its not them...

Inarius said:
And besides, judging from Urahara's face expression, it's someone he knows...and since he's not acquainted with Grimmjow, it couldn't be him.

Its the opposite.He reacted like ''WHOS THAT'' because he didnt recognize the persons reiatsu.And yes, he never met Grimmjow(as i remember o_O), so its even more possible.

Zhou said:
Why do you think Grimmjow wouldn't be strong enough?! Seriously, more than 17 months have passed since his loss, you don't know how strong he could have become in that time, everything is possible.

This.Its not like Grimmjow would sit and eat pocky's for almost 2 years.
incompleteAEGISJul 10, 2012 9:59 AM
Jul 10, 2012 9:55 AM

Jul 2008
Zhou said:

He do not need to be much stronger, Kirge with his blut on offense have low defensive capabilities.

But maybe it can be Aizen. I could definitively see something along the line of "I've hypnotised some guy in SS so that if there's a war or an outbreak and I am imprisoned then they'll set me out of there and I'll be able to get out in the mess and confusion"
So far no Quincy have been shown to be able to use any kind of manipulation power so I'm concerned about that over anything. It's not the kind of power any Quincy would use since they pretty much possess the sames kind of power all over. They do not really have any unique trait unlike shinigami's zanpakutou.
Jul 10, 2012 9:56 AM
Oct 2011
@hungry_bunny You're following a good strategy there :P

Inarius said:
i don't really think it's grimmjow, well not unless he suddenly went from #6 power-level to Stark's power leve....Halibel was stronger than him and she got her ass handed to her.

If Grimmjow were to fight Kirge, he'd get his ass handed to him.

I doubt it's Aizen since he's still imprisoned in SS....well, whoever it is, well find out next ch
Grimmjow might've gotten stronger after the time skip, but still don't forget that, as Maddo_scientisto said, Kirge was defenseless because he was putting his Blut on offense.
Candor123Jul 11, 2012 2:00 PM
Jul 10, 2012 10:00 AM

Jul 2007
iLostReason said:
hungry_bunny said:

First of, Ishida or Nel wouldn't attack Kisuke.And he would recognize their reiatsu immediately, at least Ishida's.Im 90% sure its not them...

Inarius said:

Its the opposite.He reacted like ''WHOS THAT'' because he didnt recognize the persons reiatsu.And yes, he never met Grimmjow, so its even more possible.

Zhou said:

This.Its not like Grimmjow would sit and eat pocky's for almost 2 years.

Grimjow would not be able to get to that level and he never displaying this level fo cutting power. He would have to be in resurrecion to do any kind of such damage(seriously, dude was splti in half by huge force) and then he would not have such a sword.

Considering its 500th chapter and its clearly someone powerful, I'd say its new and important character. Every anniversary had something HUGE happen in this manga.
Njs_Fluffy said:
So let me start by saying this, Bleach is SO much better than Naruto at the moment.
Now then, this chapter was pretty good in my opinion :) Finally, that ending!!!!!! Who could it be? Maybe Grimmjow? Can't wait to find out :D

By the pure fact that its an ACTUAL BLOODY WAR instead of a necrophiliac hug fest, its ALREADY better than naruto.

The fact that last 10 chapters or so managed to hold up and retain the same intense atmosphere is also a huge plus.
Jul 10, 2012 10:00 AM

Nov 2009
Njs_Fluffy said:

I'd actually rank the "big 3", presently

1. Bleach
2. One Piece
3. Naruto

Never in my life thought I'd anticipate a Bleach chapter ahead of Naruto & One Piece, even Gintama for that matter.
Jul 10, 2012 10:31 AM

Jan 2008
I was actually joking about Aizen :P But if it was him I'd just go... "sure, why not? It's Bleach." Grimjow could get that strong only if he somehow managed to find his second release like Ulqiorra, but I still think it's something different. And I really don't understand how anyone could read anything out of Urahara's reaction, it was so vague!

If it's someone Urahara knows: a Vaizard.

If it's someone Urahara doesn't know: a Royal Guard in uniform.

It can't get more Kubo-trollish than that... could it?

Jul 10, 2012 10:31 AM

Mar 2012
Bleach hits the 500 mark with another terrible chapter.
What happened? Nothing.

Was Kubo trying to shock us when he said ichigo's vanished? He just confirmed that the people who died didnt really die which was the only redeeming factor for this arc. What a dumbass
End Zionazism
Jul 10, 2012 10:34 AM
Aug 2011
sMug said:
There's quite a few possibilities. Most likely it's Grimmjiow. After Ichigo defeated him I think all he did was "train" to get power so he should be much more stronger. He's the right amount of "evil" to point his sword at Urahara yet not kill him. And it's in HM. I just hope it's not a new unknown character. Though the fact that Urahara was so stunned could mean he knew the person well. It can't be Ishin since he wouldn't point his sword at Urahara. I doubt Aizen escaped yet. Maybe it's Gin? lol

If I remember well, Gin was killed by Aizen, so It would be impossible....
DuroDeMatar said:
Zhou said:
Kirge was suddenly killed (?), please let it be Grimmjow.
This! Was thinking the same. Though it probably isn't :/
We could also see Kenpachi, at least...

I also think but He will apear only in SS because He cannot control well reatsu so it would be difficult for him to go to HM
Jul 10, 2012 10:36 AM

Nov 2009
Mikasa said:
What happened? Nothing.

Was Kubo trying to shock us when he said ichigo's vanished? He just confirmed that the people who died didnt really die which was the only redeeming factor for this arc. What a dumbass

I respectfully disagree. I've been a rather harsh critic of Bleach over the years, but this arc deserves nothing less than high praise. Outstanding pacing the last 10 chapters or so, this is how a war should be depicted. (Cough) Naruto.
Jul 10, 2012 10:46 AM

May 2010
Wow, that was epic. :o
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jul 10, 2012 11:12 AM
May 2012
fuck it gets really awesome !!!

Grimjow, or at least someone who will free ichigo.

Or maybe since kirge is dead, Ichigo is gonne be free anyway...
Jul 10, 2012 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
Mikasa said:
What happened? Nothing.

Lmao, you sir is funny.Nothing happened? another terrible chapter? youre just obviously Bleach hater and you need to hate.
Jul 10, 2012 11:16 AM
May 2009
Didn't Kubo confirm grimjow already died?
Jul 10, 2012 11:18 AM

Jul 2010
Grimjow was my first thought. Though it can be some new or forgotten character. Loved the panic in Soul Society.

Maddo_scientisto said:
But maybe it can be Aizen. I could definitively see something along the line of "I've hypnotised some guy in SS so that if there's a war or an outbreak and I am imprisoned then they'll set me out of there and I'll be able to get out in the mess and confusion"

That could be the best troll from Kubo if happen. That guy doesn't need mess and confusion to get out. If he hypnotised someone, all that "some guy" need to do is set him free and Aizen can get out of soul society. He was waiting for 20 months or so in prison for a war and confusion? It can be the last thing for Kubo to come up with.
Jul 10, 2012 11:26 AM

Nov 2009
PhantomPersona said:

Prior to the arc, he confirmed that Grimjjow would make an appearance.
Jul 10, 2012 11:36 AM
Oct 2011
PhantomPersona said:
Actually it might be some translation error, the Bleach Character Book Unmasked 3 was released in Japan only and wasn't translated officially, so everyone is translating it on his own, you can check this out (I've just found it while searching for this book translated, couldn't). Or maybe someone here could translate the text ?
Candor123Jul 10, 2012 11:40 AM
Jul 10, 2012 11:44 AM

Oct 2010
Yeah i dont think its Grimmjow. How many times can you count Urahara being surprised.

I think its Yoruichi she didnt show up in a long ass time and she might have her sword back.

Yoruichi is the only person other then a few other people that can surprise Urahara. Then again i hope its somebody new.
Jul 10, 2012 11:44 AM

Jul 2008
Han-yuu said:
Grimjow was my first thought. Though it can be some new or forgotten character. Loved the panic in Soul Society.

Maddo_scientisto said:

That could be the best troll from Kubo if happen. That guy doesn't need mess and confusion to get out. If he hypnotised someone, all that "some guy" need to do is set him free and Aizen can get out of soul society. He was waiting for 20 months or so in prison for a war and confusion? It can be the last thing for Kubo to come up with.

Well no.
If he took precaution like that it was before he fought with Ichigo and probably before he even left SS as he never saw nobody from the research division after that.
Logically if he was sealed in SS to begin with, it's because he was defeated and thus it would be normal to set the parameter of such escape plan to be the most successfull possible.
Basically Aizen took counter measure in the case his plan would fail somewhere. While it's true that he could probably escape SS without it being in a state of war and confusion, it's not the logical conclusion you would get to if you think about it from when he would have put said precaution.

I don't know if I explained myself well but I beleive this makes sense.
AlycenJul 10, 2012 11:51 AM
Jul 10, 2012 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
Consumed said:

I respectfully disagree. I've been a rather harsh critic of Bleach over the years, but this arc deserves nothing less than high praise. Outstanding pacing the last 10 chapters or so, this is how a war should be depicted. (Cough) Naruto.

Yeah the war been pretty good Naruto is just a damn zombie manga now.
Jul 10, 2012 11:56 AM

Jul 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:
Han-yuu said:
Maddo_scientisto said:

Well no.
If he took precaution like that it was before he fought with Ichigo and probably before he even left SS as he never seen nobody from the research division after that.
Logically if he was sealed in SS to begin with, it's because he was defeated and thus it would be normal to set the parameter of such escape plan to be the most successfull possible.
Basically Aizen took counter measure in the case his plan would fail somewhere. While it's true that he could probably escape SS without it being in a state of war and conclusion, it's not the logical conclusion you would get to if you think about it from when he would have put said precaution.

I don't know if I explained myself well but I beleive this makes sense.

Aizen character is full of confidence and believe in himself. This is not necessary for him to set precautions on the based of "If's and when". He taken on soul society as vice-captain and nobody found out what he did to vizards. He was watching ichigo all the time, sent rukia, renji, byakuya to world and everything else you already know he did to soul society and in the end everyone was "WHAT THE HELL. AIZEN?". There is no way a character like Aizen would think he can be defeated. Just look at his final fight. As i said before this would be the last thing for Kubo to come up with and if it's really going to happen I would say, Kubo, don't change his character and don't make it more "just as planned" for Aizen what you already done in last 400+ chapters.
Jul 10, 2012 11:58 AM

Feb 2012
Fai said:
Grimjow would not be able to get to that level and he never displaying this level fo cutting power. He would have to be in resurrecion to do any kind of such damage(seriously, dude was splti in half by huge force) and then he would not have such a sword.

And who do you think you are to judge that?
Jul 10, 2012 12:01 PM

Jan 2011
The guys from the research and development division were being controlled... maybe its possible for a quincy to use Ransoutengai (the move ishida used when he was paralysed by mayuri)i on people other than themselves thereby manipulating them like puppets?
Jul 10, 2012 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
bonifide said:
I think its Yoruichi she didnt show up in a long ass time and she might have her sword back.

Yoruichi is the only person other then a few other people that can surprise Urahara. Then again i hope its somebody new.

There's noway its Yoruichi IMO.Why would she attack Kisuke? lol.I think IF she would really come over there, she would just cut Kirge up and say ''Yo...Kisuke!''.And all we see is Urahara being surprised with sword next to his face.
+Urahara wouldnt say ''OH NO'' when Yoruichi would come.
Jul 10, 2012 12:05 PM
Aug 2011
Chapter 500: The Return Of Lord Aizen
Jul 10, 2012 12:08 PM

Feb 2012
@Yoruichi:
The person that killed Kirge used a sword and we have never seen Yoruichi use her zanpakutou. Heck, does she even have one?? Yamamoto is incredibly strong even without his zanpakutou but he is over 1000 years old and Yoruichi is nowhere near that, yet she is so badass.
ZhouJul 10, 2012 12:16 PM
Jul 10, 2012 12:11 PM

Nov 2009
Most are assuming Urahara is being attacked, what if the mystery person is just taunting him?
Jul 10, 2012 12:15 PM

Jan 2011
If it is Grimjow then I am probably going to end up fapping to next chapter.
[center]
Jul 10, 2012 12:20 PM

Jan 2011
is dat Grimmjow?? FTW!!
Jul 10, 2012 12:23 PM

Apr 2011
I saw zaraki happy ahhahhaha
Jul 10, 2012 12:27 PM

Jul 2007
Zhou said:
Fai said:

Are you implying that Kirge is weaker and has slower reaction time than HM-time Ichigo?

Or that Urahara, also known as the guy who fought evenly with base-Aizen, has a slower reaction time than Grimjow?

Its no doubt that Grimjow will appear, but that will most likely be with Ichigo present. Not with someone he does not even know.

Its the 500th chapter. The appearance has to be way bigger and more important than Grimjow.

Every 50 chapters we have something arguably HUGE and new.

450th? Ichigo gets blinded by ginuou

Remember what happened on 400? Isshin and Aizen fought.

On 350th? Ichigonator's first appearance.

On 300th? Huge byakuya fanservice.

on 250th? Ichigo's first serious HM fight.

on 200th? Grimjow enters Karakura town.

on 150th? Ichigo on execution hill appears.

on 100th? Aizen's faked death.

Chapter 50th? Byakuya and Renji come to capture or kill Rukia.
Jul 10, 2012 12:34 PM

May 2009
Aizen? Really guys, come on, at this point you should just leave him for dead, as he never got mentioned since his defeat. I know that Grimmjow is the most obvious and boring choice, but it's better than hoping for things that will never happen.
Jul 10, 2012 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
Zhou said:
Fai said:

The only thing that Grimmjow could do that would make a blast that strong would be his special grand ray cero but there's some problem with that.
This wasn't a cero, it was obviously a cut.
What's more, espada need to be in their released form to use their special ceros yet the being that killed Kirge was in an unreleased form as we can see he wield an unreleased sword.

Not saying that this can't be Grimmjow but I wouldn't buy the sudden powerup.
Espada always had a harsh live, always striving to become stronger... they were constantly training and being stronger for the sake of surviving. You can't compare it with Captains saying that they could just train and become stronger... because that's what their fucking life is about: survival of the fittest.
Becoming stronger is something Grimmjow always tried to be, I don't see why all of a sudden he would be able to do what he wouldn't in merely 2 years (which is nothing next to a hollow and shinigami lifespan).

Han-yuu said:

Aizen character is full of confidence and believe in himself. This is not necessary for him to set precautions on the based of "If's and when". He taken on soul society as vice-captain and nobody found out what he did to vizards. He was watching ichigo all the time, sent rukia, renji, byakuya to world and everything else you already know he did to soul society and in the end everyone was "WHAT THE HELL. AIZEN?". There is no way a character like Aizen would think he can be defeated. Just look at his final fight. As i said before this would be the last thing for Kubo to come up with and if it's really going to happen I would say, Kubo, don't change his character and don't make it more "just as planned" for Aizen what you already done in last 400+ chapters.

While I understand what you get at I do not think that setting such precaution would be of any trouble for Aizen. It's the kind of "I don't think I'll ever use it but since I can do that in a split second and just maybe it'll save my ass, why not?"
He said it himself, the only man that can outwit him is Urahara and he also considered that he would face him at some point.

Also Aizen always was the kind of guy to take precautions but this changed when he fused with the Hogyouku just like Urahara mentionned. That was also what gave Urahara the opportunity to trap him. Aizen started to think of himself as invincible after he fused with the Hogyouku, before that he took many many precaution because he considered himself vulnerable in some ways.
Jul 10, 2012 12:49 PM

Jul 2010
When i think about it...this would hilarious but anyway, what if it's Hiyori? xD.Sword next to his face means shes going to kick him, and not cut.
+''OH NO'' = Kisuke reaction to see her shoe coming in his face xD.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.