Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 13, 2014 1:11 PM
Jun 2013
I thought shiro reason for not using his seal was cause he only has 3 so unless he really has to use it makes no sense to waste it.Though the reason of not wanting her to fight is kinda silly since thats what she is made to do and dude you do have to beat other servants.He can still stick to his ideals of not killing since you dont have to kill the master or regular people.The guy has to make some leaway.His character doesint really bug me just some of his ideals are a bit to unrealistic. Also its pretty obvious his douch bag friend is the one controlling rider.
May 15, 2014 6:22 AM

Jul 2007
souledge94 said:
I thought shiro reason for not using his seal was cause he only has 3 so unless he really has to use it makes no sense to waste it.Though the reason of not wanting her to fight is kinda silly since thats what she is made to do and dude you do have to beat other servants.He can still stick to his ideals of not killing since you dont have to kill the master or regular people.The guy has to make some leaway.His character doesint really bug me just some of his ideals are a bit to unrealistic. Also its pretty obvious his douch bag friend is the one controlling rider.

His ideal and his existence are two different factors.

Someone fighting FOR him is worse than death, because it defies his sole reason of existing past his own accepted point of death.
Aug 21, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2012
I hated Shirou at first, but I started to warm up to him halfway through the fate route. After finishing the route I started to respect him.
As someone mentioned Saber's beliefs are worse, but still you get to understand them after knowing more about their lives. I don't expect the same development from the anime though.
Dec 7, 2014 2:51 PM
Dec 2014
CookingPriest said:
Mimysse said:
In contrast with Fate/Zero, this is prettig boring so far... I hope the action will come soon..?

Nope it gets worse.

The animation studio who was adapting this decided to MAJORLY save up money in terms of animation, by toning shit down everywhere and creating their own filler-esque anime original story.

Worse than zero? Good one.
Feb 17, 2015 2:56 PM

Apr 2013
So Rin stops to attack Shirou, good. Rider attacks, damn she looks hot I'm really diggin' her design. So now they made a truce, I thought they'd make an alliance to team up against all the other masters and then fight one-on-one. Maybe it'll still happen.

About the characters so far:
Shirou - gets kinda annoying at times, you can't protect everyone man.
Saber - cool character, I like loyal people
Rin - tsundere, at least try not to kill Shirou all the time...
Archer - smartypants, and here I thought he doesn't talk much
Rider - hot, she doesn't seem to be a total bitch, hopefully she won't become one
Feb 17, 2015 2:58 PM

Mar 2013
who the fuck is still watching this shit
Feb 18, 2015 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
fst said:
who the fuck is still watching this shit

Hello *winks*

xShigarakix said:
and this is exactly you shouldt watch this piece of shit because its fucking butcherd the character, rin never really tried to kill him, and with saber why im not suprise you think she is cool when the anime makes she here like a second jesus

Haha thanks that's exactly the response I wanted. So Rin isn't actually that bad, I hoped someone would say that :P
Jun 29, 2015 5:01 PM

Dec 2014
About time they formed a truce... but I think it could be something more if Emiya pushed for it, now that they helped each other multiple times and became acquainted so much already. If I was Emiya, given my lack of experience and skills, I would've asked for an alliance with Toosaka until all other masters are defeated, and then have fair fight between each other for Holy Grail. I don't think Toosaka would have any objections to that, as things would go smoothly for both of them and Emiya would get all experience he needs and hence no reason for Toosaka to hold back anymore.

Of course, it's actually Emiya who wouldn't actually agree on any of that.

And by the way, Archer is totally right IMO.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

May 16, 2016 5:28 AM

May 2016
Fai said:
souledge94 said:

His ideal and his existence are two different factors.

Someone fighting FOR him is worse than death, because it defies his sole reason of existing past his own accepted point of death.

And besides, he prefers his own sacrifice than others'.
Just realise that his life has been seriously threatened by Rider, but even that, he decided not to summon Saber. Death was just upon him, that would be one of those necessary occasions to summon his servant, but even that, he didnt.
Nov 6, 2016 12:43 PM

Nov 2013
I can't blame Rin and Archer, Shirou strains my patience too. And Rin should stop apologizing to that dork.

He doesn't want to drag Saber into it? The person, whose purpose this is and has bigger chances of survival than he has! Doesn't he realize, that it's game over for her too, if he dies!

You're the world heavyweight champion of dumbass - Touko Sagisaka.

They should kill him off already and make Tsunderin the heroine.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Nov 17, 2016 5:46 PM

May 2015
ill give emiya a few points for taking the shot for rin
Apr 28, 2017 12:44 PM

Aug 2016
Emiya's naivety is starting to get on my nerves a bit. He needs to wake up to reality or he's gonna eat dirt.
ZenbearApr 28, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 9, 2017 2:29 AM

Dec 2015
I guess Shiro's idealistic obsession will go a bit down when he'll learn that his Saber had a hand in the old incident.
Archer, by the way, doesn't sound like a past hero but more like a young blind idealistic boy whose experiences turned into a bitter and broken veteran.

There were so many distorted characters bodies and faces...

The imagery behind the deceased "heroes" is terrible: now, we have a sexual sadism queen -_-"

3/5 Let's see how this little school intrigue goes (hoping it won't last too long)

Are anime´watchers stupid? There is no problem with the hero's behaviour as long as it is addressed. This has clearly two possible big ways: either the course of events shatters the hero's idea or the hero goes through a doubting phase only to come out with stronger resolve.
Rei_IIIJul 9, 2017 3:56 AM
Nov 29, 2017 8:26 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty slow paced. It was still fairly entertaining, but not very exciting.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 28, 2017 3:13 PM

Aug 2013
Talon184 said:
Pretty slow paced. It was still fairly entertaining, but not very exciting.

Huge advantage for me. I usually hate this kind of series (because something like did is usually focused on action), but thanks to this direction style, I really like it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 22, 2018 12:10 AM

Mar 2012
this episode was a bit too convenient for me. the time rider showed up, then rin's timing in shirou's fight. it's a bit too boring to be honest.
shirou is a boring character and rin... she could be awesome if she wasn't so obviously falling for him.
i do agree, he's much more likeable in ubw - and even there his idealism is grating - and here he's just becoming more annoying every episode.

i guess i'm a bit bitter about fate now that i discovered each route corresponds to a different girl being his 'love interest'. for fuck's sake, i was happy i thought this wasn't a harem show. );
Sep 20, 2018 2:38 PM

Jan 2015
I already miss Kiritsugu. This anime is so different to Fate/Zero.
Jun 7, 2019 2:36 AM

Dec 2018
Pretty sure Rider's master was Shinji.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Sep 18, 2019 2:25 AM
Dec 2017
Fate/Stay Night is fucking boring. even though i watch it several times.. oh no im fate nerd. someone fuck me
Oct 11, 2019 11:10 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm I like this shirou better....seems more genuine
Jan 13, 2020 6:47 PM

Dec 2015
Wow, 6 episodes in and this anime managed to piss me off completely already. That's a new record, folks.
May 21, 2020 10:30 PM

Mar 2019
I understand Emiya's ideals but he kinda is a boring protagonist
Oct 13, 2020 11:39 AM

May 2020
How will Emiya win Holy Grail without fight? I doubt it. Saber stressed out when she's not with Emiya.
Nov 10, 2020 1:25 AM

Aug 2019
lmao all the people with their panties in a bunch
May 13, 2021 5:01 PM
Oct 2019
this. show. is. not. good
Oct 18, 2021 12:07 PM
Aug 2017
The mc pisses me off. So naive.
Dec 18, 2021 8:23 PM

Jan 2021
the mc is so kind it actually pisses me off, but damn that conversation with archer its interesting, also it seems like archer is giving him advice.
-Atsuhi-Dec 18, 2021 8:42 PM
Jan 4, 2022 1:57 PM
May 2021
Shirou is a baka but obviously he will be very stong some day.

It was so ironic to see Tsuhara trying to kill Shirou but caring for him at the same time. I think I'm shipping them :D
Feb 16, 2022 7:54 PM
Jun 2020
It's kinda funny seeing these edegelords commenting about Emiya's ideals. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 5, 2022 10:36 AM
Nov 2020
A war without killing anyone? nah man that's not gonna happen.
Jun 12, 2022 8:13 AM
May 2021
I'm guessing that the servants of zero and stay night are not the same.Well, that's understandable.
May 22, 2023 4:36 PM

Dec 2007
rin is amusing lol. one minute threatening emiya to death, minute late she's treating his wounds and making a truce with him. it doesn't seems that she's really ready to kill him.

i get that people here calling emiya naive and such. but i think this is what gonna make him more interesting when brutal battle gonna come. if he were just "i will kill anyone in my way" and use syber as a weapon, i don't know how much this anime will hold me. currently his naive is what making this interesting.

i feel the story is hardly progressing though. hope the anime to catch up more storytelling. while i'm truly enjoying this anime so far, on the same it's only because i know it's the beginning. if by episode 12 things won't get much further, it's different case.
Jul 20, 2023 7:44 AM
Aug 2021
Parece que o Archer num vai muito com a cara da filosofia de vida do Shirou não. Agora se juntaram pra derrota o Shinji, vamo ver no que vai dar.
Aug 5, 2023 12:19 AM
Jul 2023
Man i'm not really liking the characters of this series. Just a bunch of kids who pretend to know what they're doing.
- Why is Tohsaka not killing him? I know she changed her mind later in the episode but she should’ve just killed him in the moment, Especially since the grail won't deem her worthy if she is a coward about her dreams.
- Shirou thought he could fight the servant (its a rider i think) without saber. What a damn idiot.
- The temporary team up makes perfect sense. I just know it's not "temporary" and they will stick together AGAIN later. Just kill each other or quit the war.
- Archer and Shirou have some beef, intreresting
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Yesterday

15 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
42 minutes ago

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM

» Zero or Unlimited Blade Works

infinite_Shadows - Feb 15

16 by Law_of_Cycles »»
Feb 24, 11:16 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.