Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 8, 2012 10:31 PM

May 2011
As the title states. It's been a while since the Bleach anime "paused".

I was listening to some OST's and realized how there is an empty void left in my soul that was previously filled by Bleach.

I'm definitely re-watching at least the entire SS arc again. Who else thinks it's about time to re-live and feel the nostalgia of the early Bleach?

(Will definitely start sometime this week or the next)
Jul 9, 2012 3:00 AM
Oct 2011
I've already re-watched it a couple of times before but not after it ended, after it ended I decided to watch an episode or 2 aday, so that I could read all the new chapters after a year or so, well it was harder than I expected, yesterday I finished all of the 20 new chapters, Bleach is doing great I'd say after the FB arc.

Bleach's adaptation (excluding the first 2 big fillers, Bount & Amagami, and the range between 110 & 167) is with no doubt probably the best between the 3 big shounen imo. Animation, artwork, character designs, BGM, OPs & EDs and especially the pace maintain their quality during the canon arcs. I don't remember how many times I've suffered with OP's & Naruto's bad artwork and pace at some points, but I never did with Bleach, therefore I think Bleach has a high re-watch value, it can be re-watched over and over again, of course that's if you enjoyed it the first time.
By re-watching (from an objective way) I realized it has the same problems OP & Naruto have, the pace especially, that's why people tend to avoid these shows actually.
Candor123Jul 17, 2012 12:43 PM
Jul 9, 2012 3:07 AM
Jul 2018
Candor said:
I've already re-watched it a couple of times before but not after it ended, after it ended I decided to watch an episode or 2 aday, so that I could read all the new chapters after a year or so, well it was harder than I expected, yesterday I finished all of the 20 new chapters, Bleach is doing great I'd say after the FB arc.

Bleach's adaptation (excluding the first 2 big fillers, Bount & Amagami, and the range between 110 & 167) is with no doubt the best between the 3 big shounen, animation, artwork, character designs, BGM, OPs & EDs and especially the pace maintain their quality during the canon arcs. I don't remember how many times I've suffered with OP's & Naruto's bad artwork and pace at some points, but I never did with Bleach, therefore I think Bleach has a high re-watch value, it can be re-watched over and over again, of course that's if you enjoyed it the first time.

Eh Arrancar is probably the most painful shounen arc i've watched. Doing some episodes then switching to filler then some more then back to filler for pretty much the entire arc was grueling. At least for the most part the other 2 keeps the filler in between arcs from what i remember.
Jul 9, 2012 3:23 AM
Oct 2011
King_jpem_II said:
Candor said:

Bleach's adaptation (excluding the first 2 big fillers, Bount & Amagami, and the range between 110 & 167) is with no doubt the best between the 3 big shounen, animation, artwork, character designs, BGM, OPs & EDs and especially the pace maintain their quality during the canon arcs. I don't remember how many times I've suffered with OP's & Naruto's bad artwork and pace at some points, but I never did with Bleach, therefore I think Bleach has a high re-watch value, it can be re-watched over and over again, of course that's if you enjoyed it the first time.

Eh Arrancar is probably the most painful shounen arc i've watched. Doing some episodes then switching to filler then some more then back to filler for pretty much the entire arc was grueling. At least for the most part the other 2 keeps the filler in between arcs from what i remember.
As I said 'excluding the the range between 110 & 167', they were horrible for me too (when I re-watched them), that's probably because it was getting close to the manga, but I've never suffered from pace/artwork problems in any other arc. Naruto has mainly its re-caps/Flashbacks problem, that's getting too annoying, not to mention the bad animation at some points, do I even need to talk about it ? One Piece had also the worst pace I've ever seen in any anime, and the animation was at its worst at some of the best moments, for example *Spoiler*the goodbye-(their ship) arc*Spoiler*, it's not that I didn't enjoy it though. Bleach between ep.190 and 366 had great animation and pace (pace was also great in the first 63 episodes), I don't remember facing any bad-artwork or bad-pace problems. Anyway I'm talking about re-watching here and the re-watch value, although I've enjoyed (to some point) One Piece and Naruto I'd never re-watch them, maybe I'd read the manga but not re-watch the anime. But well if you didn't enjoy Bleach (or any other show) the first time you probably wouldn't want to re-watch it.
Candor123Jul 9, 2012 3:45 AM
Jul 9, 2012 3:27 AM

Nov 2011
I'll probably re-watch it soon to. Seen it two or three times already(Would stop with the fillers and start over to refresh it in my head.) so might do it again but who knows when. Honestly it is a decent watch and it has like someone said a good re-watch value. It's just with all those God awful fillers that just BLEH. The one Zanpaketou one where we get to see all the swords' "True form" was really good though. Probably the only filler arc I liked. The rest just were painful to watch.(Especially the bount arc.)

When I go back to re-watch it again just going to skip all the fillers and enjoy myself.
Now that it is complete I can just skip over those fillers like the random fillers in the arrancar arc and enjoy it all.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 9, 2012 11:09 AM

May 2011
Already started, I couldn't wait ^^

Just finished episodes 1 and 2 and I can say, it is even better for me this time around.

It's definitely the nostalgia, the full 20 minutes of content, and the fact that I know all the characters before hand. Especially Ichigo and Rukia; those idiots ^^. It's so much better like this, I feel like I'm cheating lol.
--

I'd say One Piece still did a better job with it's anime overall. It all comes down to personal preference in the end though. I like Bleach more and have it on my favourites, yet I can outright admit OP is the superior-done anime and has more variety of impacting OST, (they freaking played Mozart in the Luffy VS Crocodile lol). Not to say Bleach doesn't have it's share of amazing soundtracks, I just feel OP had more. Both are unique in their own way though, one takes place on the seas/islands/travel/powers/DF, while the other in a town/school/spirit world/swords/Zanpakuto setting.
Kayaba-Jul 9, 2012 11:23 AM
Jul 9, 2012 11:13 AM
Jul 2012
I didn't rewatch it. But i on episode 290 and about to watch it.
Jul 9, 2012 11:15 AM

Jun 2009
The first 64 episodes would probably worth a rewatch. They were good and the nostalgia should add even more charm to it. Everything after that? lol no.
Jul 9, 2012 12:25 PM

Jun 2012
I'd probably enjoy rewatching the first few arcs since it was those early Bleach episodes that got me into anime in the first place, but I could never rewatch anything that came after the SS arc.
Jul 9, 2012 12:36 PM
Oct 2011
-Shuda- said:
I'd say One Piece still did a better job with it's anime overall. It all comes down to personal preference in the end though. I like Bleach more and have it on my favourites, yet I can outright admit OP is the superior-done anime and has more variety of impacting OST, (they freaking played Mozart in the Luffy VS Crocodile lol). Not to say Bleach doesn't have it's share of amazing soundtracks, I just feel OP had more. Both are unique in their own way though, one takes place on the seas/islands/travel/powers/DF, while the other in a town/school/spirit world/swords/Zanpakuto setting.
Although I've enjoyed OP, it still it has some pacing problems, and some artwork problems, some might say it's better than fillers, well in OP especially it's better I agree, but Toei could do a better job, considering how famous OP is. Anyway it's probably as you said personal preferences.
Jul 10, 2012 9:48 PM

Nov 2010
Candor said:
King_jpem_II said:
Candor said:

As I said 'excluding the the range between 110 & 167', they were horrible for me too (when I re-watched them), that's probably because it was getting close to the manga, but I've never suffered from pace/artwork problems in any other arc. Naruto has mainly its re-caps/Flashbacks problem, that's getting too annoying, not to mention the bad animation at some points, do I even need to talk about it ? One Piece had also the worst pace I've ever seen in any anime, and the animation was at its worst at some of the best moments, for example *Spoiler*the goodbye-(their ship) arc*Spoiler*, it's not that I didn't enjoy it though. Bleach between ep.190 and 366 had great animation and pace (pace was also great in the first 63 episodes), I don't remember facing any bad-artwork or bad-pace problems. Anyway I'm talking about re-watching here and the re-watch value, although I've enjoyed (to some point) One Piece and Naruto I'd never re-watch them, maybe I'd read the manga but not re-watch the anime. But well if you didn't enjoy Bleach (or any other show) the first time you probably wouldn't want to re-watch it.

I have rewatched Bleach two times, one time like a week before the last episode. But those fillers, i checked on the wikia and around 157 episodes are fillers that is almost half of the anime, that's not good pacing.
And you do realize those filler episodes that you say are horrible are part of the pacing. 157 filler episodes in like 5 big filler arcs that take place inside of another arc( also the fact that the bount arc is basically a copy of yu yu hakusho's second arc tailored to fit bleach). Did you watch it as it was airing? Whenever it started to get good they would take a filler break for like 6 months. One piece on the other hand has around 80 filler episodes which is about half of bleach's even though it's has 190 episodes more and it puts only like maybe 10 filler episodes max at the end of each arc usually only like 3 episodes, so who really has pacing issues?
And Bleach does have good artwork, but I don't really find OP artwork ever lacking, or not ever enough to affect my watching experience. I believe that the first 63 episodes were probably the best of the anime, The music is great i still listen to it, The characters were pretty good except everybody in the main group besides kurosaki was weak. It is a good show I will probably watch it again and am hoping that one day they might continue, but really what was up with everybody losing their powers multiple times.
Jul 11, 2012 3:41 AM
Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Candor said:
King_jpem_II said:
Candor said:

I have rewatched Bleach two times, one time like a week before the last episode. But those fillers, i checked on the wikia and around 157 episodes are fillers that is almost half of the anime, that's not good pacing.
And you do realize those filler episodes that you say are horrible are part of the pacing. 157 filler episodes in like 5 big filler arcs that take place inside of another arc( also the fact that the bount arc is basically a copy of yu yu hakusho's second arc tailored to fit bleach). Did you watch it as it was airing? Whenever it started to get good they would take a filler break for like 6 months. One piece on the other hand has around 80 filler episodes which is about half of bleach's even though it's has 190 episodes more and it puts only like maybe 10 filler episodes max at the end of each arc usually only like 3 episodes, so who really has pacing issues?
And Bleach does have good artwork, but I don't really find OP artwork ever lacking, or not ever enough to affect my watching experience. I believe that the first 63 episodes were probably the best of the anime, The music is great i still listen to it, The characters were pretty good except everybody in the main group besides kurosaki was weak. It is a good show I will probably watch it again and am hoping that one day they might continue, but really what was up with everybody losing their powers multiple times.
At least when you want to re-watch Bleach you won't have to watch 500 episodes. 157 filler episodes that means there's about 209 canon episodes, for me 209 well-paced canon episodes are better than 555 dragged out episodes. I started Bleach when the Zanpakuto arc was airing, so I haven't really suffered much while watching it, but by re-watching I could say the Bount, half of the episodes between 110 & 167, the artwork of the Amagami Taicho were the worst parts of the adaptation, otherwise I don't remember having any troubles with it, I'm on my way in watching Bleach to see where it went wrong, but I could say that range between 64 and 190 is the reason alot of people dropped Bleach.

about OP: I'm not really enjoying the adaptation that much, each arc is getting too dragged out, except for the Marineford arc. I can tell the promise OP shows as the best of the big 3, but that's because of the story not because of the adaptation, it's probably due to the 1ch.=1ep. pace. I'm enjoying the manga more so I'm considering continuing with the manga from now on.

Anyway it's probably personal preferences, as Shuda said.
Jul 11, 2012 5:25 AM

Nov 2011
No, find a good anime to watch instead.
Jul 11, 2012 10:54 AM

Nov 2010
Candor said:
At least when you want to re-watch Bleach you won't have to watch 500 episodes. 157 filler episodes that means there's about 209 canon episodes, for me 209 well-paced canon episodes are better than 555 dragged out episodes. I started Bleach when the Zanpakuto arc was airing, so I haven't really suffered much while watching it, but by re-watching I could say the Bount, half of the episodes between 110 & 167, the artwork of the Amagami Taicho were the worst parts of the adaptation, otherwise I don't remember having any troubles with it, I'm on my way in watching Bleach to see where it went wrong, but I could say that range between 64 and 190 is the reason alot of people dropped Bleach.

about OP: I'm not really enjoying the adaptation that much, each arc is getting too dragged out, except for the Marineford arc. I can tell the promise OP shows as the best of the big 3, but that's because of the story not because of the adaptation, it's probably due to the 1ch.=1ep. pace. I'm enjoying the manga more so I'm considering continuing with the manga from now on.

Anyway it's probably personal preferences, as Shuda said.

Well then it's about episode preferences because 555 well paced episodes seems way better than 366 crappy paces episodes, I don't consider a show good if i have to skip half of it for it to be good. I watched it since episode 112. If what you say about one piece is true about the 1chap= 1ep thing, then that's a good thing because they have never really caught up so we don't get bombarded with crappy fillers, And the story doesn't seem dragged out to me.
Jul 13, 2012 1:50 PM
Jul 2012
Klonoa79H said:
No, find a good anime to watch instead.

This.
Jul 13, 2012 3:20 PM
Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Well then it's about episode preferences because 555 well paced episodes seems way better than 366 crappy paces episodes, I don't consider a show good if i have to skip half of it for it to be good. I watched it since episode 112. If what you say about one piece is true about the 1chap= 1ep thing, then that's a good thing because they have never really caught up so we don't get bombarded with crappy fillers, And the story doesn't seem dragged out to me.
A chapter of One Piece's manga has more stuff in it than a chapter of Bleach, Bleach's manga has a horrible pace, that's for sure, although the action is better in Bleach imo, but at some points in OP's anime the episodes feels dragged out, like nothing happening at all, but that's probably because I didn't get into OP's anime that much in the first place, the same way people watch Bleach without getting into it that much (and start nagging for months or years about how horrible Bleach is). The difference is that One Piece has a better story than Bleach, but I still think Toei could do a better job on it considering how famous OP is, the artwork were horrible as I said in some of the best parts in the story, it's getting better recently (although the pace is still horrible, for me at least), but it still had some of its bad times, but now that I think about it, all 3 adaptations had gone through horrible times, actually that's why lots of people tend to avoid them .
Jul 13, 2012 3:52 PM

Nov 2010
Candor said:
IntroverTurtle said:
A chapter of One Piece's manga has more stuff in it than a chapter of Bleach, Bleach's manga has a horrible pace, that's for sure, although the action is better in Bleach imo, but at some points in OP's anime the episodes feels dragged out, like nothing happening at all, but that's probably because I didn't get into OP's anime that much in the first place, the same way people watch Bleach without getting into it that much (and start nagging for months or years about how horrible Bleach is). The difference is that One Piece has a better story than Bleach, but I still think Toei could do a better job on it considering how famous OP is, the artwork were horrible as I said in some of the best parts in the story, it's getting better recently (although the pace is still horrible, for me at least), but it still had some of its bad times, but now that I think about it, all 3 adaptations had gone through horrible times, actually that's why lots of people tend to avoid them .

I believe that story affects the fighting, in bleach most of the time he doesn't want to fight the person or talks to them while they are fighting, you know about their objectives and their reasons and tries to convince them that their wrong. And my favorite the "you are so strong so why are you fighting for him" line or the "I have already beaten you stop trying to get up line". While in one piece it is he did something to me or my nakama i am going to kick his ass which is more simple but it makes more sense to me, and it is a more shoot first ask questions later type of anime. And you can get into it more if the main character has a set goal in a fight which bleach usually never has, he has one when he fights byakuya for rukia in the first arc and a couple of other times like the last battle with aizen and Kujo. However when he fights zaraki, kariya which is a filler but i'm still going to say it because they tried to make ichigo grow as a character in that arc, and Grimjow, nnoitra, and that first dancing ex espada dude, and gin it takes him forever to get serious.
Jul 13, 2012 5:12 PM
Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
I believe that story affects the fighting, in bleach most of the time he doesn't want to fight the person or talks to them while they are fighting, you know about their objectives and their reasons and tries to convince them that their wrong. And my favorite the "you are so strong so why are you fighting for him" line or the "I have already beaten you stop trying to get up line". While in one piece it is he did something to me or my nakama i am going to kick his ass which is more simple but it makes more sense to me, and it is a more shoot first ask questions later type of anime. And you can get into it more if the main character has a set goal in a fight which bleach usually never has, he has one when he fights byakuya for rukia in the first arc and a couple of other times like the last battle with aizen and Kujo. However when he fights zaraki, kariya which is a filler but i'm still going to say it because they tried to make ichigo grow as a character in that arc, and Grimjow, nnoitra, and that first dancing ex espada dude, and gin it takes him forever to get serious.
I enjoy watching/playing sword-based Anime/Games most of the time, so I think that's a plus for me for enjoying Bleach, and I enjoy historical themes also, another plus for Bleach and OP (the Void).

Some of the fights in Bleach are like Grimmjow said when he asked Ichigo for his reason for fighting, they simply thirst for fighting, like Zaraki or Nnoitora for example, which portraits some of the people of the old times, they simply fight for the sake of fighting and showing who's more powerful, basically conflict, that's a human-trait that remains until our time, but at some other points the reason is simply like any other shounen, protecting nakama, countries, lovers or revenge, benefits..etc. One of the best conflicts in Bleach imo are the scientific conflicts with Mayuri (vs Apollo or Kageroza).

On the other hand One Piece deals with large-scale supernatural stuff, every arc has something like this, which is really interesting, but it lacks abit when it comes to action, unless Luffy is fighting (Luffy vs Lucci was the best fight in OP imo). I think Oda concentrates on creating lands and the story which are the best things in OP, Oda is really creative when it comes to these stuff, he's also creative when it comes to powers (the robot in the end of Fish-men arc was amazing), but there's a lack of action imo, but the story and Oda's creativity makes up for it I guess.
Jul 13, 2012 6:01 PM

Nov 2010
Candor said:
IntroverTurtle said:
I enjoy watching/playing sword-based Anime/Games most of the time, so I think that's a plus for me for enjoying Bleach, and I enjoy historical themes also, another plus for Bleach and OP (the Void).

Some of the fights in Bleach are like Grimmjow said when he asked Ichigo for his reason for fighting, they simply thirst for fighting, like Zaraki or Nnoitora for example, which portraits some of the people of the old times, they simply fight for the sake of fighting and showing who's more powerful, basically conflict, that's a human-trait that remains until our time, but at some other points the reason is simply like any other shounen, protecting nakama, countries, lovers or revenge, benefits..etc. One of the best conflicts in Bleach imo are the scientific conflicts with Mayuri (vs Apollo or Kageroza).

On the other hand One Piece deals with large-scale supernatural stuff, every arc has something like this, which is really interesting, but it lacks abit when it comes to action, unless Luffy is fighting (Luffy vs Lucci was the best fight in OP imo). I think Oda concentrates on creating lands and the story which are the best things in OP, Oda is really creative when it comes to these stuff, he's also creative when it comes to powers (the robot in the end of Fish-men arc was amazing), but there's a lack of action imo, but the story and Oda's creativity makes up for it I guess.

I also enjoy sword based anime/games, but i feel like almost none of bleach is about swordsmanship, they might as well be using magic wands because it is usually about their abilities that come with the sword not their actual sword, and half the time it turns into something that isn't even a sword, or something that you do not need any physical strength or skill to use.

Yeah but it took Ichigo halfway through the series to learn that he also at least partly thirsts to fight with them and by then he only had like 3 fights until the end of the anime. Kurotsuchi's fights are close to being my favorite fights. But I feel like without a good story fights are just fights, when i first started watching the 3 shounens I actually liked bleach and naruto more because their fights were cooler and one piece didn't really have a universal power like chakra or reiatsu. But i think that with a good story it can make an ok fight a great fight, and learning that oda had hidden haki made the story great, It put an importance on learning martial arts and using swords not just using a power, and it helped out with luffy because he had hit a wall with logias no matter how fast or how strong he was a logia could just use their power and he would be powerless. Oda is not afraid to make all those beautiful islands, animals, and take those risks with the story, I was blown away when I figured out that they had hidden haki the whole series but it had been used by shanks and on sky island, and then slowly put in by luffy using it then learning the name then luffy using it some more and then being told all about how it works. But the bleach world is confusing, someone can lose their powers multiple times supposedly permanently and then come back stronger. Oda loved dragon ball and used it as a reference when making one piece, he took out the things that he didn't like, like long training arcs and meaningless power ups, he made the main character a little stupid but never wishy washy with his attitude and always stands up for what he likes. And Ichigo's character is very wishy washy throughout the whole series, never really knowing what he wanted to do.
Jul 14, 2012 2:35 PM
Oct 2011
There are some decent sword fights, although not about swordmanship and these stuff but they're still decent, and them having special powers is also interesting, it actually keeps the excitement for new Shikai or Bankai that's coming later, for example Urahara, Shinsui (the Bankai that should never be revealed, at least in fake Karakura), Ukitake, Yama-ji, and some other new captains and the royal guard when they're introduced.

Haki is really great, the way they revealed it also is great, I'm looking forward to see how things are gonna develop with this power, especially now that Coby has it, and actually I like where One Piece is heading generally, although there are some arcs I didn't like or didn't get into (Skypiea saga, Alabasta saga, Fishmen arc) but seriously I like where it's heading, unlike Naruto, I'm not liking the war arc, and I actually didn't get into the world of naruto in the first place, but interested to see where it's heading and how it's ending.

I like where Bleach is heading too but I hope Kubo won't ruin it, and about the power losses and gaining them back it's pretty simple actually, there's nothing much to think about:
Ishida's power was immature, he may have learned them wrong or something, he lost his immature powers but then got his own full power with full potential, they're teachings after-all.
Ichigo's powers came back by giving him a huge amount of Reiatsu even greater than his old one (that explains why he got stronger), they are a combination of the captain's Reiatsus, he got them back the same way he got them in the first episode, the difference is that in the beginning he had some Reiatsu, but in FB arc he gained Reiatsu by turning into a Full-bringer that was hidden inside him or his Compass (can't remember exactly), I guess that'd make sense if

That's typical shounen for you, even in other matters like sudden power-ups or Ichigo going back to life by Orihime's godly-like powers, they're too simple that you think they're mysteries, but they're not.
Candor123Jul 14, 2012 3:09 PM
Jul 14, 2012 5:23 PM

Nov 2010
Candor said:
There are some decent sword fights, although not about swordmanship and these stuff but they're still decent, and them having special powers is also interesting, it actually keeps the excitement for new Shikai or Bankai that's coming later, for example Urahara, Shinsui (the Bankai that should never be revealed, at least in fake Karakura), Ukitake, Yama-ji, and some other new captains and the royal guard when they're introduced.

Haki is really great, the way they revealed it also is great, I'm looking forward to see how things are gonna develop with this power, especially now that Coby has it, and actually I like where One Piece is heading generally, although there are some arcs I didn't like or didn't get into (Skypiea saga, Alabasta saga, Fishmen arc) but seriously I like where it's heading, unlike Naruto, I'm not liking the war arc, and I actually didn't get into the world of naruto in the first place, but interested to see where it's heading and how it's ending.

I like where Bleach is heading too but I hope Kubo won't ruin it, and about the power losses and gaining them back it's pretty simple actually, there's nothing much to think about:
Ishida's power was immature, he may have learned them wrong or something, he lost his immature powers but then got his own full power with full potential, they're teachings after-all.
Ichigo's powers came back by giving him a huge amount of Reiatsu even greater than his old one (that explains why he got stronger), they are a combination of the captain's Reiatsus, he got them back the same way he got them in the first episode, the difference is that in the beginning he had some Reiatsu, but in FB arc he gained Reiatsu by turning into a Full-bringer that was hidden inside him or his Compass (can't remember exactly), I guess that'd make sense if

That's typical shounen for you, even in other matters like sudden power-ups or Ichigo going back to life by Orihime's godly-like powers, they're too simple that you think they're mysteries, but they're not.

What I'm saying is it doesn't matter if they had swords because they would fight almost exactly the same even if they were using spoons as weapons. I would like the show more if he actually trained his swordsmanship. Like when he fought byakuya at the execution hill, he took out 3 vice captains without his sword. That was kickass, but after that arc he would have trouble even with the weakest of opponents. Zaraki is more of what i'm talking about, his fight with nnoitra was more about the actual swords rather than powers, compared to hitugaya and harribel their swords rarely touched each others, it was just water against ice. So if it was a mix between those two fights i would love the show. And I do like the special powers, you can still be excited about a new shikai or bankai without them having them having to use their powers all the time.

I think they are trying to make a roger+garp relationship with luffy+coby, which is cool but i don't think coby will get strong enough to be able to fight evenly with luffy, which is good i don't think the world would be fair if he could. yeah the skypia arc was kinda boring until the end. I think when they get a new crewmember it makes the following arc more interesting to me. I do like the war arc in naruto though, but i am always dissapointed because i believe naruto is the show that invented that filler pacing that bleach has. the past like 100 episodes in naruto we have had like 45 filler episodes, which brings down the excitement. But I am looking forward to seeing how each person gets stronger in both naruto and one piece.

I don't think it was because he was taught wrong because his grandfather was a strong quincy, but i do believe his powers are immature , didn't he use a quincy tool that no matter how strong of a quincy you are if you take off the metal things on the glove you get a burst of power and then you can't use your power anymore. that doesn't sound like it had anything to do with skill. And i just don't like the fact that the say that he is going to lose his powers permanently, when everytime there is some way to get his powers back, it sounds like they are trying to make everything dramatic.

But them being so simple you wonder why don't they use those powers all of the time if they are so simple, not just at certain times.
Jul 14, 2012 9:51 PM

May 2011
I pretty much got sucked into Bleach because of the swords back in the day too. (Just like you two, I'm a Samurai/Swords/Kendo guy at heart and even have quite a few replica's and actual Katana at home. In games, it's always the swordsmen; screw the mage, gunner and healer BS, sword or go home. Though Gunner can be acceptable at times too, *looks at Starrk* ^^)

You're both right in your own way though. Sometimes when I'm watching Hisagi or Byakuya fight, I get the feel of a sword-fight and swift refined moves. However, like you guys mentioned, Toshiro vs Haribel was more similar to elements and magic.

The fact that Bleach is diverse enough to infuse all these elements is what makes it so great though. Even in One Piece, take a guess who my favourite character is? Even in a crazy show like that, it's Zoro the swordsmen striving to be the greatest, followed by Shanks (STFU, he carries a sabre). I don't seek the sword, the sword calls to me.
Kayaba-Jul 14, 2012 9:59 PM
Jul 15, 2012 8:17 AM
Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
What I'm saying is it doesn't matter if they had swords because they would fight almost exactly the same even if they were using spoons as weapons. I would like the show more if he actually trained his swordsmanship. Like when he fought byakuya at the execution hill, he took out 3 vice captains without his sword. That was kickass, but after that arc he would have trouble even with the weakest of opponents. Zaraki is more of what i'm talking about, his fight with nnoitra was more about the actual swords rather than powers, compared to hitugaya and harribel their swords rarely touched each others, it was just water against ice. So if it was a mix between those two fights i would love the show. And I do like the special powers, you can still be excited about a new shikai or bankai without them having them having to use their powers all the time.

I think they are trying to make a roger+garp relationship with luffy+coby, which is cool but i don't think coby will get strong enough to be able to fight evenly with luffy, which is good i don't think the world would be fair if he could. yeah the skypia arc was kinda boring until the end. I think when they get a new crewmember it makes the following arc more interesting to me. I do like the war arc in naruto though, but i am always dissapointed because i believe naruto is the show that invented that filler pacing that bleach has. the past like 100 episodes in naruto we have had like 45 filler episodes, which brings down the excitement. But I am looking forward to seeing how each person gets stronger in both naruto and one piece.

I don't think it was because he was taught wrong because his grandfather was a strong quincy, but i do believe his powers are immature , didn't he use a quincy tool that no matter how strong of a quincy you are if you take off the metal things on the glove you get a burst of power and then you can't use your power anymore. that doesn't sound like it had anything to do with skill. And i just don't like the fact that the say that he is going to lose his powers permanently, when everytime there is some way to get his powers back, it sounds like they are trying to make everything dramatic.

But them being so simple you wonder why don't they use those powers all of the time if they are so simple, not just at certain times.
Yea you're right about the swords, most of fights that are enjoyable are the ones where there is some clash of swords.

I think Coby will get strong enough to be an equal for Luffy, but the fact that Akainu took the place of a fleet admiral after Sengoku is dangerous and the corruption will increase, he is a sly bastard, I don't think those with some sense of justice will allow him to do things his way, namely Aokiji, Coby, Garp, Sengoku, maybe Smoker, I think they will turn sides and fight side-by-side against Akainu, but whatever is gonna happen there'll probably be a huge show-down at the end of the series, or huge battles as the series goes on, OP has the best potential of a shounen manga I've ever read.

The way Ishida got his powers back it was simple for us to understand, something too shounen-like, like awakening your own hidden Quincy powers, but anyway the Quincy are gonna be explained thoroughly in this arc so we might even have more exact answers. The "he's going to lose them permanently" is meant to be dramatic, although it might be not logical or stupid, like Ichigo's death and coming back to life by Orihime's godly-like powers, but that's typical shounen for you.

By simple I meant they're easy for us to understand, there's no huge mysteries behind them, not simple for them to use, but again, that's typical shounen for you.
Candor123Jul 15, 2012 12:01 PM
Jul 15, 2012 1:08 PM

Nov 2010
Candor said:
Yea you're right about the swords, most of fights that are enjoyable are the ones where there is some clash of swords.

I think Coby will get strong enough to be an equal for Luffy, but the fact that Akainu took the place of a fleet admiral after Sengoku is dangerous and the corruption will increase, he is a sly bastard, I don't think those with some sense of justice will allow him to do things his way, namely Aokiji, Coby, Garp, Sengoku, maybe Smoker, I think they will turn sides and fight side-by-side against Akainu, but whatever is gonna happen there'll probably be a huge show-down at the end of the series, or huge battles as the series goes on, OP has the best potential of a shounen manga I've ever read.

The way Ishida got his powers back it was simple for us to understand, something too shounen-like, like awakening your own hidden Quincy powers, but anyway the Quincy are gonna be explained thoroughly in this arc so we might even have more exact answers. The "he's going to lose them permanently" is meant to be dramatic, although it might be not logical or stupid, like Ichigo's death and coming back to life by Orihime's godly-like powers, but that's typical shounen for you.

By simple I meant they're easy for us to understand, there's no huge mysteries behind them, not simple for them to use, but again, that's typical shounen for you.

I personally wouldn't like it if Coby got strong enough to be an equal to luffy, luffy has been trained since he was like 5 and got his devil fruit soon after. Luffy was able to easily beat him two times when coby used soru and luffy wasn't even in gear second. Coby did get kenbuoshoku haki, but it was actually after luffy first used it. Garp quit the military, so i guess garp would have enough time to train him fully. But i believe Coby should be one of those characters who is just never good enough to beat the main character. OP is my favorite anime and i believe it has the best potential. And that's what the higher ups wanted when they picked akainu, aokiji's and akainu's justice are completely different, while aokiji will let robin and luffy live as a thank you for taking down crocodile, akainu will hunt them down because they go against his justice and the world government. They all might go against him in the end which would be interesting.

I'm expecting it was something about shooting him in the soul link or whatever. and you shouldn't explain everything away as typical shounen, while it is usually unexplainable shounen shit, you should always be trying to figure out why
Jul 17, 2012 1:07 PM
Oct 2011
You have a point about Coby. and yea Akainu is a sneaky sly bastard, I remember what he did in the WB war, I think it has been a long time since I've seen a guy like him. I'm definitely looking forward for what's coming.

I forgot about the soul link, I can't really remember anything but I remember that almost everything was explained, there are some plot-holes but I don't think any was that big, let's not forget that it's not over yet, anything can be explained. I try figuring out why some things that are happening, like Orihime's godly-power, (which are like Hacchi's powers, I wonder if they're gonna be explained in the next arc, or are they simply Kido?) and Ichigo holding his mask more than his 11 seconds (he was just putting it again), but what I meant by typical shounen are the power-ups and un-explainable things like the mask lasting more than 11 seconds and some other things like the "he's going to lose them permanently", guess I wasn't really that clear.
Jul 17, 2012 1:32 PM

Nov 2010
how big really is soul society? they say nobody finds their family because it's so big but they have only told of us of like 3 towns. Ii know its an anime but you don't really see anybody of any different culture or race in soul society. How is someone born in soul society when they are just supposed to be souls waiting to be reincarnated. And those are just some of the setting plot holes or more really things that aren't explained at all. there are probably more but i haven't watched the whole show in about 5 months.They might explain it in the manga but i personally am waiting for the anime. And they did say that Chad's and Orihime's power was because of Ichigo. I know what you meant but some of the time they eventually explain it, and if you dismiss something as typical shounen stuff then you might miss out on the real reason.
Jul 17, 2012 1:42 PM
Mar 2012
^
bleach has as many plotholes as there are stars in the sky, it's that simple
and no I don't feel like rewatching it, it makes me feel like I'm being made fun of
Jul 17, 2012 2:34 PM
Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
how big really is soul society? they say nobody finds their family because it's so big but they have only told of us of like 3 towns. Ii know its an anime but you don't really see anybody of any different culture or race in soul society. How is someone born in soul society when they are just supposed to be souls waiting to be reincarnated. And those are just some of the setting plot holes or more really things that aren't explained at all. there are probably more but i haven't watched the whole show in about 5 months.They might explain it in the manga but i personally am waiting for the anime. And they did say that Chad's and Orihime's power was because of Ichigo. I know what you meant but some of the time they eventually explain it, and if you dismiss something as typical shounen stuff then you might miss out on the real reason.
These questions and other minor stuff/so-called plot-holes have been answered in the Official Character Books, if you go to bleach.wikia.com you can info from them there. here's the overview about Soul Society:

So it basically explains everything you mentioned. And as I said some things might be explained in the on-going arc if they're not yet answered, Bleach is not over yet.

Shaduge said:
^
bleach has as many plotholes as there are stars in the sky, it's that simple
Go the website I mentioned above if you want these questions you're calling plot-holes to be answered.
Candor123Jul 17, 2012 2:40 PM
Jul 17, 2012 3:09 PM

Nov 2010
I know about the bleach wikia and that doesn't explain everything, everybody in the world from about the past 100 to 2000 years living in 80 districts all in a place that looks like fuedal japan, with all of the cultures in the world, japan. And dead people having babies, isn't having a baby considered giving berth to life, how can you give berth the dead life. And a whole bunch of minor plot holes make a big problem with the show.
Jul 17, 2012 3:35 PM
Oct 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
I know about the bleach wikia and that doesn't explain everything, everybody in the world from about the past 100 to 2000 years living in 80 districts all in a place that looks like fuedal japan, with all of the cultures in the world, japan. And dead people having babies, isn't having a baby considered giving berth to life, how can you give berth the dead life. And a whole bunch of minor plot holes make a big problem with the show.
The Feudal Japan part is probably to attract the attention of the Japanese people, and Kubo isn't really that creative, but I'm not sure about it being a plot-hole. I'm not sure about the dead people having kids part being a plot-hole too, they're still humans in the after-life and they have the ability to bring kids as they have the ability to get drunk, I don't think there's a plot-hole here, besides these kids are necessary to keep the balance between the 2 worlds by being reincarnated when they die, let's take a look at it closer:

A kid is born in the living world, he grows up, dies, goes to soul society.
A kid is born in Soul Society, he grows up, dies, goes to the human world.

Let's not forget that a day in the real world is a lot more in Soul Society, I can't remember how much exactly, but that explains the age problem.

(EDIT)
And when there are a problem in spirit balance the world will crumble,
both of these points have been mentioned in the new arc if you remember, and there's probably gonna be a couple more explanations as it goes by eventually.

I think Kubo should've explained things more in the manga than in the Character Books, but well, these books are a good method to gain more money.
Candor123Jul 17, 2012 4:01 PM
Jul 17, 2012 3:38 PM

Jan 2012
I recently just re-watched bleach up until the end of the soul society arc. I get goosebumps everytime:D
Jul 17, 2012 3:55 PM

Nov 2010
I understand that in anime it usually has japanese culture put in, even if they go to a different country. but like you said he isn't creative, he could have made a great huge new world with people from all over the world in soul society, but he didn't its more like soul society only has japanese people from the last 1000 years living there. how is dead people having babies not a plot hole, when people die in the living world they die and still have all of their memories when they go to soul society and live there until they die and their soul is reincarnated and put back on earth, how could they make new souls in soul society, they are supposed to go being born on earth, die-->live in soul society until they die-->reincarnate back to earth as a baby. How does a soul make another soul and even if they grow up they will only live until they die in soul society then back to being reincarnated so it skips a step. A soul is supposed to be reincarnated back onto earth not back to soul society, now that's upsetting the balance of souls to soul society and back to earth, if people keep on having babys in soul society no souls can go back to earth. And the ability to get drunk is in a lot of anime and cultures, dead people and ghosts and youkai and ayakashi all have the ability to drink and get drunk.

A good method to make money, but too many plot holes and people can lose interest in an anime or manga and stop buying it, thus having a solid story to sell volumes is more important than a released every once in a while character books, and you can still have character books and reveal information about characters without having plot holes.
IntroverTurtleJul 17, 2012 4:15 PM
Jul 17, 2012 4:39 PM
Oct 2011
I think we are missing something there, what about Hueco Mundo? Souls who didn't receive a burial turns into hollows and go to Hueco Mundo, the world between Soul Society and the Living World. but there is also the problem of Hollow purification (Going to Soul Society when they're killed by Shinigami), but actually that's the reason the Shinigami exists, to maintain the soul balance between these 3 worlds. How? I can think of a single way, letting more people who died turn to hollows and killing the ones that are invading the Living World or Soul Society.

You are right about this point too, people are losing interest in Bleach rapidly, I'm sure lots of those who have been continuing Bleach till now have already forgot or don't even know these things we're discussing here or things that are found in the Character books, I think that's the biggest problem in Bleach.
Candor123Jul 17, 2012 5:08 PM
Jul 17, 2012 5:09 PM

Nov 2010
A shinigami's job is to purify hollows and to guide dead people to soul society, and i don't think it matters if they go to hueco mundo, I don't think that it's 3 worlds to balance, I think it's just earth and soul society and hollows just get in the way. I don't think they want to let people go through the excruciating proccess which is to turn into a hollow.

Well I don't think that a Series popularity could go down that much just because of information that could be found in a character book. For the anime it's the fillers, the multiple 30 episode long filler arcs in the middle of a big canon arc. It was horrible sitting through those fillers like 5 months of fillers at a time. and even worse was that arc when the swords turn into what they should look like they stretched it at least 10 episodes more than it should have been, thats over a month more. And the aizen fight was cool but ichigo and aizen fighting was one episode and then he lost his powers. One Piece which is probably the most popular shounen anime in terms of rank on this site has 80 fillers out of 556 episodes while bleach has 157 out of 366 episodes.
IntroverTurtleJul 17, 2012 5:17 PM
Jul 17, 2012 5:30 PM
Oct 2011
But I think the main problem is still the manga, Bleach's manga's pace is too slow it kills, a chapter of OP has in a chapter content that could be filled in 3-4 chapters of Bleach. If Bleach's manga had half of OP's pace I think the fillers would've been dropped to the half or something like that. Also you still see people who nag all the time about the plot-holes, but anyway some people need something to nag about, without knowing anything about what they're talking about.
Candor123Jul 17, 2012 5:34 PM
Jul 17, 2012 5:49 PM

Nov 2010
I noticed that too but only because of the dates, one piece had its anime 2 years and a 2 months after it's manga started. While bleach 3 years and 2 months after the manga started, Yet bleach had twice as many fillers. plot holes do sit at the back of your mind saying "this doesn't make any sense, this is a stupid show, how does that even work" when you are watching the anime. There is usually a reason when people nag about something even if they can't point out exactly what it is.
IntroverTurtleJul 17, 2012 9:40 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 5:48 PM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.