Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2012 8:08 PM

Jan 2011
not sure about everyone else but i liked it was pretty funny sure nothing happened but i kinda expected it since this seems like a filler maybe near the end of next week something might happen plus the ED is good now! i like the old op but hopefully the new one is just as good.
Jul 8, 2012 8:17 PM

Sep 2008
KARUTA!
FUCK THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2012 8:29 PM

Sep 2011
i was about to say satoshi's 'GALAXYYYYYYY' is the most epic moment in hyouka so far until this scene showed up

this gif can't get more perfect omg houtarou lmfaooooo

loved the new ED muuuuuch better than the old one imo
Jul 8, 2012 8:31 PM

Nov 2008
Kurimu-chan said:
Apparently I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed this episode? I know nothing really happened, but for some reason I enjoyed it much more than previous episodes :>

I enjoyed it as well. I seriously love Houtarou and Chitanda was cute this episode getting distracted by every little thing. I gotta agree with Houtarou by the way...best job ever!!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 8, 2012 8:47 PM
Oct 2010
Chintanda has the attention span of a mosquito. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 8, 2012 8:48 PM

Nov 2011
R0LAN said:
Did you guys watch episode 11.5 as well?
Anyways, Episode 12 to me is still blea, i dont know why I still resume to watch it >w<

I watched it earlier. Shows summer really is here :D
Jul 8, 2012 8:57 PM

Nov 2008
Lol, Oreki, always lazy.
New ending, better than the first one, for me.
Jul 8, 2012 9:00 PM

Aug 2010
Aww no mystery this week D: but we got new ED which I really liked!
Jul 8, 2012 9:03 PM

Oct 2008
I just laughed way to much in this ep xDDD
Jul 8, 2012 9:30 PM

Dec 2007
Chitanda was so cute in this ep.! and I love the new ED :P
Jul 8, 2012 9:37 PM
Jun 2012
Less than a day old and there's already pictures out there of Oreki and his awesome Arsene Lupin costume. Man I love this show.
Jul 8, 2012 9:42 PM

Feb 2012
This was a great ep. Laughed a few times and that breakdancing was cool. They seriously need to make an anime of that lol ( Assuming there isn't already one ). Also, Eru dressed in those outfits from the photography club was so moe! Mayaka was extremely cute this ep as well.

Loved the new ED and laid back nature of this ep ( Dat cosplaying! ). Then again I love the SOL genre so this ep was pretty standard for me :P

5/5 ep
Jul 8, 2012 9:43 PM

Jul 2010
lol at Eru's adventure through the festival getting distracted at everything.

Also heard Yuru Yuri's Akarin~ VA as the photographer capturing Eru in cosplay.
Jul 8, 2012 9:45 PM

Feb 2012
Elite60 said:
lol at Eru's adventure through the festival getting distracted at everything.

Also heard Yuru Yuri's Akarin~ VA as the photographer capturing Eru in cosplay.
Holy shit you're right. Good ear man! Honestly surprised I didn't catch that.

Wow lol.
Jul 8, 2012 9:57 PM

Apr 2012
Mayaka was dressed as: http://myanimelist.net/character/21046/Frolbericheri

The Ending was really good! The op is fine as it is, hopefully they don't change it. Ive been a bit behind on the novels, so I'm guessing the Pen is really important for something.. and they will have to search for it later. The button will be used to try and get in, but they can't find the guy.. maybe. The apple juice went missing, but not sure if that will be a big thing. Mysterious guy standing by the entrance of the auditorium when Chitanda tries to leave.... but he might of just been standing there. Mayaka's unhappiness with the Manga club. Chitanda getting distracted, and Satoshi and GALAXY [saturn] costume
Jul 8, 2012 10:08 PM

Mar 2011
Wow, although almost nothing really happened, it was very entertaining.
I laughed a lot
Oreki is just so lazy, Chitanda is bad at negotiation and easily distracted
The new ED is awesome and creative
So Hyouka can be fun too
Jul 8, 2012 10:23 PM

Nov 2008
Great new ending, but my question is, is it a subliminal message about possible future relationship?

Anyway it was a nice episode, it seems that not all is rosy with the lives of the Classics Club.
Jul 8, 2012 10:35 PM

Jan 2011
Hekshi_Sekshi said:

this gif can't get more perfect omg houtarou lmfaooooo

not gonna lie i got a good laugh out of that part lol it really is GIF worthy
Jul 8, 2012 10:55 PM

Aug 2010
Nothing happened at all, and I was entertained by it. I like Mayaka more now, the way she acted throughout the episode was damn cute.

And OMG Chitanda. Getting distracted by everything and anything while trying to stay focused... so damn cute, I wanna abduct her.

And ofc, Oreki "holding the fort", lazying about the ine clubroom, that was soooooo him. Also, that clapping gif is made of instawin.

About the new ending... me likey. More lighthearted than the previous one, and it hints at romance for this anime, and since I'm setting sail on the SS OrekiXChitanda anyways... :D
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 8, 2012 11:23 PM

Nov 2011
Even though "nothing" happened, this episode made me laugh the most out of the others. For some reason I honestly think Oreki's sister might actually be psychic or something. As Oreki was saying in ep 5 it's as if she knew he would of question his life style (energy conservative) if he joined the Classics Club and now this episode with the pen, of course this stuff all could of been random and just so happened to go the way things went but I have a feeling Hyouka is gonna lean a bit into supernatural stuff

The animations were also flawless.
Tomodachi5Jul 8, 2012 11:40 PM
Jul 8, 2012 11:26 PM

Jan 2012
First episode in the series without a mystery lol. Still it was fine. What's so good about that pen I wonder. Looking forward to next episode.

Jul 8, 2012 11:29 PM

Aug 2010
On a side note, just watched 11.5 .... I WANT THIS EPISODE IN GOOD QUALITY

I mean, having to watch ERU IN A BIKINI IN BAD QUALITY, that's the ultimate trolling.

And damn, more shipping fuel for my SS OrekiXChitanda :D I like
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 9, 2012 12:15 AM

May 2010
I like this Cultural Festival event, wish I had kinda thing back in my highschool
Jul 9, 2012 12:23 AM

Jan 2012
I wish they had culture festivals in our school
Jul 9, 2012 12:44 AM

Nov 2007
Hmn. Its like an introduction to the upcoming case. :)
.I was surprised that Oreki's sister is already home. :) It was just that I assumed that She'll always stay abroad. :D Id like to see her face. Too bad they only featured her hair. haha.

Nice Chitanda episode. Nyaha. Getting caught up with different clubs is sooooo like her! Haha. I love the picture taking club w/ cosplay thingy. :))) For a moment there, I saw Mio. :DD

Oreki being sooo lazy is nice too., especially the clap scene. :)))

I also like Ibara x Fukube scenes. GAHHH! I like this couple. :))

~ Ending vid sOng! Haha. I like the part where Chitanda and Ibara blushed., Isn't that a hint of romance coming up? Hoho. Soooo excited. :)
Jul 9, 2012 12:49 AM

Feb 2010
God that was so boring for me -.-
Jul 9, 2012 12:56 AM

Jul 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
Apparently I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed this episode? I know nothing really happened, but for some reason I enjoyed it much more than previous episodes :>

agreed :) i loved Chitanda's adventure.. the executive that was a troll x3 so cute.. all randomness.. and also a karuta club :D Chihaya would be proud ^^..
. . . y o u f o u n d m e

: icon's credit :
Jul 9, 2012 1:18 AM

Nov 2011
Thought this episode was rather amusing... I like the characters enough that they don't necessarily need to be wrapped up in a mystery every week.
Jul 9, 2012 1:27 AM

Nov 2011
Looks like it's leading up to something big I hope. Maybe they will sell all 200 xD
Not a bad episode 4/5
Jul 9, 2012 1:50 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
A nice laid back episode for me; though there wasn't a mystery, I didn't feel that the episode necessarily needed one. This episode set the atmosphere and setting well so I'm looking forward to some more plot next episode. And lazy Oreki is great xD
Jul 9, 2012 3:29 AM

Jun 2009
I really wanted to see Oreki try that fashion makeover. He won't though, shame.
Jul 9, 2012 3:32 AM

Jun 2010
Dat ending!!!!!! too good
Jul 9, 2012 3:36 AM

Mar 2012
A new nice ED. The festival was quite entertaining.
Keep moving forward
Jul 9, 2012 4:26 AM

May 2011
I was really surprised to see oreki's sister back all of the sudden with no introduction or whatsoever..and then i realised the ova was meant to be episode 11.5 , that confused me for awhile :( that aside, not a bad episode, sometimes having one or two laidback episodes could actually bring the plot forward better. I like the pacing of this show thus far.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 9, 2012 4:29 AM

May 2009
Jul 9, 2012 4:38 AM

May 2010
Is it just me or Karuta has been appearing a lot more since the arrival of Chihayafuru which is,ofcourse,a good thing.
Jul 9, 2012 4:39 AM

Nov 2009
-Quasar said:
I really wanted to see Oreki try that fashion makeover. He won't though, shame.

Yeah. It would be the most awesome thing ever xD.

I... I totally loved this episode. I felt like i'm in high school thought we don't have festivals as tradition o.O xD.
Jul 9, 2012 4:41 AM

May 2010
Love those vocaloid costumes & the bold approach of showing them more than one time.
Jul 9, 2012 5:45 AM
Apr 2012
I learnt 2 things from this episode:

1) Oreki is one LAZY (extremely), cool, handsome motherf**ker.

He will get girls falling for him left and right if he keeps this up.

2) Chitanda is so dammnnnn MOOEEEE!!! Hnnnggggghhh!

Oreki better make his move before this series ends, or else someone in the school will realise this and take her away from him.
Jul 9, 2012 6:36 AM

Sep 2011
If you listen it closely, it is Gospellers' "Hitori", the song sung by the vocal group at the school's field when Oreki feel bored and take a fresh air (20th min)
Kon'nichiwa!
Ogenkidesuka?

For those who play 3DS, please add my Friend Code
0662-3506-8849
Jul 9, 2012 7:02 AM
Sep 2011
Whenever Houtarou is approached by a energetic person outside his circle of friends he reacts endearingly bashful and slightly sheepish. Loved his reaction to the fashion club member.
Jul 9, 2012 7:37 AM

May 2010
Great episode, Chi-chan was about the worse possiable choice for this task XD and Oreki finally got his pce of mine while Sato goofed off haha, The B-boy thing was sick, liked cosplay at the maga sale, didnt think i would ever see anyone dress up as (Nakoruru) that was cool. new ED but no OP kinda sucks but ol well.

No Plot, just everyday nothingness which i dont mine

Till Next week
Jul 9, 2012 8:15 AM

Nov 2010
Nice way to portray a Festival
I liked the acting
Jul 9, 2012 8:31 AM
Jan 2011
Man, Chitanda was such a klutz, she wan't able to achieve anything for the club.
Jul 9, 2012 9:21 AM
Jun 2012
No mystery in Hyouka this week, it was all slice of life, and rather too much in the moe direction.

But it was also clearly the start of a new arc. I guess what we saw will actually be clues, so if you didn't pay attention, the next episodes may not make sense.
Jul 9, 2012 9:32 AM

Dec 2009
Houtarou should've asked the guy to advertise the club~

Nice episode, I've wanted some more casual ones. Though, this was merely the intro to the arc.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 9, 2012 10:25 AM

Jun 2011
God the new ED makes Satoshi looks so HOT
Jul 9, 2012 10:31 AM

Oct 2011
Even though barely anything happened, I still enjoy watching Chitanda haha!

Hoping for some more mystery!

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Jul 9, 2012 11:14 AM
Feb 2012
Finally the long-awaited cultural festival has started! So far it's great fun in my eyes and I wonder what else might happen. Just to name a few things I especially enjoyed during this week's episode- the fashion club punk, Fukube dressed up as Saturn, Chitanda having fun with the various booths etc etc
Like I said, overall a great episode that left me yearning for more.

Since I couldn't find an appropriate thread, I might as well write down my thoughts about episode #11.5 here. Despite it being a beach episode- something that's bound to be labelled as pure fanservice- it showed some crucial plot-development. Ever since the last case (movie project, that is) Houtarou was questioning himself whether he's special or not. It really looked like he had given up on himself so it was very nice to see his friends get him out of that hole; get him to be his old cynical self again.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 9, 2012 11:32 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Chitanda == Brownian Motion

itsok2bu said:
The Ending was really good! The op is fine as it is, hopefully they don't change it. Ive been a bit behind on the novels, so I'm guessing the Pen is really important for something.. and they will have to search for it later. The button will be used to try and get in, but they can't find the guy.. maybe. The apple juice went missing, but not sure if that will be a big thing. Mysterious guy standing by the entrance of the auditorium when Chitanda tries to leave.... but he might of just been standing there. Mayaka's unhappiness with the Manga club. Chitanda getting distracted, and Satoshi and GALAXY [saturn] costume

yea, it didn't look like it, but there actually was quite a lot going on.

I think the change in ED (which I also like much better) might mark an important turning point in how this show progresses. To me, it much better highlights what this show is about, particularly the part where the girls have the guys in handcuffs and start to get ideas, only to find they guys have escaped.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

25 by Margrave_Masane »»
Apr 13, 12:48 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

184 by dspr »»
Mar 3, 5:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.