Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 8, 2012 7:37 PM

Nov 2007
Now there is your quality episode. Loved it!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 8, 2012 7:49 PM

Aug 2008
Something tells me that Kai might be have a sister complex.

The moment she begin to sing, I remebered that Seto Asami can sing. XD
Jul 8, 2012 8:06 PM
Jan 2012
Damn, vice principal sure likes her flavor sour. Other than that, lovely performance - a joy listening to it. However, this show isn't really captivating me as it is, will probably hold until finished.
Jul 8, 2012 8:21 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode overall. Time passed really fast, I thought it would take more episodes till that presentation xD
Jul 8, 2012 8:33 PM

Jun 2010
Wien is still as awesome as before.

Anyway, the singing scene was fantastic. I feel as though they'll have one every (other) episode. Plus, looks like Tanaka joins the choir next episode judging by the preview ("If I win, you two have to join the badminton club!" ) .
Jul 8, 2012 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
Everyone is calling the teacher a bitch or worse but I don't see it. It makes sense to not let a non-music major student who screwed up the last performance participate in this one. Also I am sure they will have some redeeming back story for her behavior later anyway.

What was with the beginning?
Jul 8, 2012 8:47 PM
Oct 2010
anyone know the song sang at the back?
Jul 8, 2012 8:54 PM
Jan 2012
The vice principal is the complete opposite of a good teacher. She shows no enthusiasm, no emotion, is cold and analytical to the point she pushes students away. She just seems like someone who's grown cynical from working too long in the same biz. The pregnant teacher is how they should be; supportive, encouraging, stern but friendly and most of all someone you feel you can talk to.
Jul 8, 2012 9:08 PM
Sep 2010
Great episode, and episode 2 had a ice ending to it Konatsu finally got what she asked for.
Jul 8, 2012 9:22 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, what a beautiful song. I do love dem piano solos in anime.

A great, touching episode. Though it was a little too surprising to have great moments already when it's only 2 episodes into the series, but I'm not complaining.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2012 9:24 PM

Jul 2011
A very quick episode, and felt rather rushed. Wasn't too sure what was going on.

Still loved it. Didn't attract me as much as the first episode did, but the fact that she walks in on her brother taking a bath makes up for it. XD
More Wien!

GarLogan78 said:
Everyone is calling the teacher a bitch or worse but I don't see it. It makes sense to not let a non-music major student who screwed up the last performance participate in this one. Also I am sure they will have some redeeming back story for her behavior later anyway.
MirorinJul 8, 2012 9:29 PM
Jul 8, 2012 10:02 PM

Aug 2011
I was waiting for the rest of the choir to join in when they arrived.

By the way...
How come that she needs at least 5 people to make her choir club and the other guy is in the badminton club just by himself?
Jul 8, 2012 10:41 PM
Jan 2009
This episode of Tari-tari was flawless, and for sure i wasn’t expecting that, but all my expectations were ruined as i was thinking this is just going to be another school-life/slice of life theme.
Jul 8, 2012 10:58 PM

Mar 2011
Beautiful song
Konatsu is really likable
I grow to like Sakai and Sawa more too, but I need more Wien
Nice episode
Next ep looks like the vice principal will be temporary principal and badminton match?
Jul 8, 2012 11:05 PM

Jul 2010
I really loved this episode! It was not where I expected episode 2 to go. I really expected them to take the whole month leading up to choral festival for the whole series. This moves the story along and lets us see what other characters have going for them other than Konatsu.

There were some seriously touching moments here! I choked up a couple of times, especially when Sakai played that incredibly beautiful song the first time! Great character development, great drama, some nice humor (the opening scene was soooo well done! A bunch of kids talking in a group with no real direction, then Sawa taking charge and getting Sakai with the program! Fantastic!) So far I love all of the characters, though we need to find out more about Taichi!
Jul 8, 2012 11:08 PM

Jan 2012
Only the second episode, but I hate the teacher with all my heart lol. The episode itself was good. Could have shown more of their practising though. Anyway, looking forward to next episode.

Jul 8, 2012 11:14 PM

Jan 2012
I loved the singing at the end, I was expecting the rest of the club to join sing along too.
Jul 8, 2012 11:18 PM

Dec 2011
And I was right that Sakai has something against music because of her mother, who most probably dead, too predictable.
Jul 8, 2012 11:23 PM

Aug 2010
PsychoKitteh said:
I hate that teacher.

Yeah, what a cunt :l it's like she enjoys getting in their way
Jul 9, 2012 12:27 AM

May 2012
Oh, the ending was great! I can't wait to hear the background of that song, and can't wait for more of the choir practice. This show is shaping up very promisingly, so I'm excited to see what it has in store next week.
Jul 9, 2012 12:32 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode. Wien hands down his my favorite male character.
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Jul 9, 2012 12:35 AM

Nov 2011
That was quite fast-paced for a slice-of-life, yet not too rushed. Definitely liking this show. Though I don't see why the vice principal would be so discouraging of a student, even if she is driven by hidden motive.
Jul 9, 2012 12:36 AM

Aug 2010
Liked this episode, the song was nice. And Konatsu undid her past mistake by singing this song (nearly) solo in front of an audience. GOOD JOB!

Also, Konatsu IS really likeable.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 9, 2012 12:51 AM

Oct 2009
Why so much hate on the vice-principal? She probably wrote that song and has had some bad experience with music (hence why she tells her she won't be able to balance enjoying music and making others enjoy it) but it's pretty obvious that she's gonna change by the end of the series and fully, whole heartedly support our little heroine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2012 1:11 AM

Nov 2007
This seems like no real plot again. Cute girls and stuff, oh and they want to sing. There were 2 guys, but they didn't really do anything and were forgettable. Honestly I'll have to look up the characters just to remember who was who from last ep.
Jul 9, 2012 1:12 AM

Aug 2011
Am I the only one who likes Sawa a whole lot more than Konatsu?
I mean Konatsu is fine, but I seem to like Sawa more. Favorite character is still Wein though.
Jul 9, 2012 1:25 AM
Aug 2011
I take back my statement of last week. Sakai is not like Minko. She's not a bitch and she only wants cake in return for favours. What a good girl.

And when Sawa went for the slap, I thought, "From that angle? No way" I was ninja'd

Loved the music
5/5
Jul 9, 2012 2:08 AM

Dec 2011
was i the only one who loled at their teacher asking Sawa if she was pregnant at the hospital? xD
Jul 9, 2012 2:20 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, this is suprisingly enjoyable. I definitely prefer it to a certain other anime about music .
MayumuJul 9, 2012 2:25 AM
Jul 9, 2012 2:32 AM
Aug 2011
andreyue said:
was i the only one who loled at their teacher asking Sawa if she was pregnant at the hospital? xD

I was laughing when she was sitting there with the other pregnant woman.

tazfelis said:
Wow, this is suprisingly enjoyable. I definitely prefer it to a certain other anime about music .

Well, this one actually has a story and character development while that one is about looking cute and eating cake.
Jul 9, 2012 2:41 AM

Sep 2010
I'm glad I watched another episode of this show.

This episode was much better than 1st one, nice development.

But I hate that bitch of a vice principle. >.<

4/5
Jul 9, 2012 2:43 AM

Jun 2010
That vice president is so annoying... But then again, there is surely a reason for being so much against Konatsu.
Jul 9, 2012 2:50 AM

Aug 2011
arrozykamehameha said:
By the way...
How come that she needs at least 5 people to make her choir club and the other guy is in the badminton club just by himself?

Because choir is more than one person singing together. Taichi can train and practice by using the wall, like he usually does, but I think that's going to change in episode 3.

I got trolled by this episode way too much. xD The ass slap, manservice and performance were the highlight of the episode, and I love how Wakana and Konatsu interact with each other. I think Sawa grew on me more than in the last episode, even if this is only the second; they all actually act like normal teenagers, and not crappy stereotypes.

I think the bitch teacher was friends with Wakana's mom when they were younger (in the OP when those girls are in the hall), and somehow turned into a bitch when they got older. It's probably why the principal agreed to let Konatsu have the club after seeing Wakana's paper thing. Thinking about it, I can't wait for the next episode now.

xzomega said:
that nico vid! http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18254765

That's just...LOL. I can't believe someone actually posted that. xD

Jul 9, 2012 3:15 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
LOL goddammit they totally trolled me with that bath shot of Makoto. As for this episode, I found the music aspect far nicer than I expected; and also the general development of the characters.

Looking forward to more.
Jul 9, 2012 3:47 AM

Aug 2008
Konatsu and Sawa have such lovely voices :)
Jul 9, 2012 3:53 AM

Oct 2009
Thanks P.A. Works! Nice ending and nice episode!
Jul 9, 2012 3:59 AM

Sep 2010
The end. It was only 2 episodes, but it was great.
Huh? That wasn't the end?
Jul 9, 2012 4:24 AM

Feb 2012
xMusicMohawk said:
PsychoKitteh said:
I hate that teacher.

Yeah, what a cunt :l it's like she enjoys getting in their way

Probably the main antagonist of the series but there's no need to hate. If it wasn't for her, this series could've been a bad school series. I guess there's a reason why there's always gonna be an opposing character/s.

Anyways. It was Awesome. Loved that singing and finally Konatsu's dream was granted.

5/5
Jul 9, 2012 4:37 AM
Apr 2012
The development of the club was faster than I expected. But that's ok, cos I was more interested in seeing the two boys join the club compared to the other side characters anyway.

The megane teacher is a bit too strict with the kids though. I wonder if she's married??
Jul 9, 2012 4:39 AM

Jul 2009
Good ep, it felt a little too fast though with the rehearsal coming up so soon after they made the choir. I thought this ep would be all about practicing and bonding.
4/5
Jul 9, 2012 5:23 AM
Oct 2010
chanotek said:
Am I the only one who likes Sawa a whole lot more than Konatsu?
I mean Konatsu is fine, but I seem to like Sawa more. Favorite character is still Wein though.
Well, I dunno if I like Sawa more than Konatsu, but she's quite lovable too, and a really great friend.

BTW, there's quite likely a good story behind the vice president's attitude. Konatsu hits one of her nerves just too well. I wouldn't be surprised if she was once like Konatsu and had suffered a great deception for being naive or something like that... And there's also the obvious connection between she, Wakana's mom and that song Konatsu chose... Anyway, let's wait and see what's it all about.
AjunkyJul 9, 2012 7:52 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 9, 2012 5:30 AM

Jun 2011
It was a good episode but enjoyed it slightly less because i was sat there thinking where did all the inbetween go because that seemed like quite the jump. Also turns out its not her last chance and is just the begining, the cute short girl lied to us =/

Btw this is completely random but in the OP when the 5 of them are running together with episode 2 time from 1:12 - 1:26 that is pretty much the formation and way it played out when the Fairy Tail team charged Hades, they even grab Konatsu when she stumbles and pull her forward like they did with Natsu though they threw Natsu and then had the 2 front ones kick him forward in Fairy Tail. Just a random thought cause i cant stop seeing it everytime i watch the OP.
Also yes i know the fight against Hades sucked and had a sucky end.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 9, 2012 5:49 AM
Feb 2008
I don't know about this. The song was really lovely but I don't actually enjoy watching cute girls doing cute stuff.
Jul 9, 2012 6:16 AM

Dec 2009
The first ten seconds scares me. What the heck was that? o_o

Great episode otherwise, but it felt a bit rushed. Perhaps this is just meant to be taken as a sort of prologue to the series. Otherwise I'm not sure how to feel.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 9, 2012 6:38 AM

May 2008
Didnt think they were going to be able to sing. In this case how is the two boys going to fit into this situation.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 9, 2012 7:25 AM

Oct 2011
Why that hate o.O
if that teacher would like to make some real troubles for them, she had opportunities
she is just stubborn but seems to be reasonable enough

and episode was fine - also a bit meh like previous one but it moves a bit up
they only need to slow down, as this was real problem here

plus more of Sawa's mother please :)
Jul 9, 2012 8:09 AM

Dec 2011
What an epic failure! Ahahahaahha.
Jul 9, 2012 8:44 AM

Mar 2010
Still really good, and the art is just in a tier of its own. Good episode, loved the singing at the end! :3
Jul 9, 2012 8:47 AM

Jul 2011
xjakku said:
Still really good, and the art is just in a tier of its own. Good episode, loved the singing at the end! :3

^ this
Jul 9, 2012 9:07 AM

Jan 2010
Wtf why am I enjoying this so much.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

122 by ronicaio »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

166 by Tuti_ »»
Feb 21, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

124 by Allycattt »»
Feb 18, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

269 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 2:16 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

99 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.