Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2012 6:47 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Second episode and already a nice balanced out first half with the 3 girls. While we learn of Sakai's past a little. I found Sawa redeemed herself much more in the following,

her pose and behavior there was most pleasant and hnnnnnnnnghhh fantastic. In addition to the pillow fight of Konatsu and Sawa in the spoiler
Certainly Sawa and Sakai, both redeemed themselves far more than their first appearance itself.

About Konatsu, one thing I find nice from the start is in the spoiler
loli Konatsu was just so MOE. Really nice to see some past of her along with a ice cream licking treat.

The biker mature in the spoiler
was kind of random but ti was nice to see a different design used in a more mature random neighborhood girl.

Finally I got trolled by the brother’s fan service thing in the spoiler
I though it was a girl a at first. This part does prove Konatsu is not afraid of opposite sex body exposures. That’s a good character profile there.

In the second half I find the following,

Rather tragic. Really too bad for the principal there. Especially since he was such cool in appearance in the spoiler
reminds me of the guy from the Quaker oatmeal box or the way George Washington used to dress. Anyway cool person he is.

About Sakai, her past in the spoiler
that really touched a lot in the first half. Very MOE and emotional. Nicely setup.

About thee end, so follows in thee end? Lots! First of all that Sawa ass slap on Konatsu in the spoiler
now that was funny in a sense.

We know the bitch teacher is not too happy with the set of events in the spoiler
loads of problems occurred around that part going as far as Sawa doing something about it.

Alas I must say it panned out rather nicely in the spoiler
with a full blown concert succeeding rather well except for this old lady falling asleep. Now that was not cool. Violin guy was cool in the spoiler
I liked his performance.

Problem is, the bitch teacher in the spoiler
is plotting something out. It’s obvious she is quite suspicious right there apart from making a phone call. Can’t wait to see what she is up to next episode.
Yumekichi11Jul 8, 2012 7:36 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 8, 2012 9:35 AM

Jun 2010
I hope subs comes fast! I wanna watch it nooooooooooooooooow!

Edit: Dat little version of Konatsu!

Damn, Im speechless about the rest of the episode. All I could say is it's good. One of the best Anime this season!
-MgZ_Jul 9, 2012 4:06 AM
Jul 8, 2012 11:36 AM

Apr 2011
Jul 8, 2012 11:54 AM

Jan 2012
I hate that teacher.
Jul 8, 2012 12:00 PM

Jul 2010
The principal looks like a cross between Colonel Sanders for KFC and the Quaker guy on Quaker Oats, lol.

Nice musical notes and singing in this episode. I have to say that ass slap from Sawa to Konatsu was amusing and bold of Sawa.

And dat teacher, oh man I cannot stand her. She reeks of evil.
Jul 8, 2012 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
xzomega said:
that nico vid! http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18254765

Yes, that was a nice touch! I love stuff like that.
Jul 8, 2012 2:51 PM

Feb 2008
Pretty interesting episode :)

Really beautiful singing :D

I really thought that Wakana wouldn't help them at all. O_o

Next episode:

Sakai Wakana become more seriously, but what is going on about joining Badminton club?
I guess we will see what happend in the next episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 8, 2012 6:03 PM

Nov 2011
Another episode about cute girls doing cute things. But it's more than that this time. It's about music, choir, and trying to follow a dream. Well, I guess this series lacks the enjoyment compared to what I got from Kids on the Slope that aired in the Spring Season but still has its good points.

The drama and obstacles of establishing and fulfilling a task.
Stark700Jul 8, 2012 6:25 PM
Jul 8, 2012 6:14 PM

Sep 2008
Was anyone else creeped out by the beginning of the episode?
It also looks like they are going Clannad next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2012 6:25 PM

Aug 2010
Not too shabby imo. I like watching this show.
Jul 8, 2012 6:30 PM

Oct 2010
sooo It's kinda like they could totally end the series with this episode. Except for the teaser at the end it has a sense of finality to it.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 8, 2012 6:33 PM

Sep 2011
The random neighbourhood girl is Sawa's mom, Shiho xD. Anyway, another great episode. LOOOVE Konatsu :3

... I wonder if Wakana's really going to get lots of cake from Konatsu.

Also, I really want to hear Wakana sing. Normally, I don't like the "mysterious, cool" girl type, but Wakana's pretty awesome.

The ending song was great. Love Asami Seto's strong singing voice mixed with Saori Hayami's higher pitched voice~

So much singing... WAKANAAAAAA ;-;
Jul 8, 2012 6:34 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode!! I thought that it would be waay too rushed, but it was actually paced really nicely and I didn't feel like anything was off. I'm loving Tari Tari, and the duet that they ended up performing was beautiful. I can't believe they harmonized so fluidly in that tense situation.
Jul 8, 2012 6:35 PM

Jun 2009
O_o it was a bit too rushed..i wanted to know more about recruiting the people. and their training
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 8, 2012 6:46 PM

Oct 2010
i really enjoy this show. Cant wait to see where they take it from here
Jul 8, 2012 6:58 PM

Jul 2010
Im loving this so much.Miyamoto <3
Jul 8, 2012 7:14 PM

Jul 2011
I like the music, but what the fuck is wrong with their faces
Jul 8, 2012 7:29 PM
Oct 2010
I loved the singing once again, Asami Seto has a great voice.

... Even though it all went well, it was a bit unfair for Konatsu, it was only because of Wakana that they even gave her a chance. Stigmas are a b*tch.

kerobear said:
O_o it was a bit too rushed..i wanted to know more about recruiting the people. and their training
Just take it as a prologue, I have the feeling that was the intention.
AjunkyJul 8, 2012 7:33 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 8, 2012 7:30 PM
Oct 2010
why is teacher such a cunt
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jul 8, 2012 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
another nice episode such a good show to watch on a sunday only problem is that teacher...!

though i couldn't stop thinking about Colonel Sanders when i saw the principal haha
Jul 8, 2012 7:37 PM

Nov 2007
Now there is your quality episode. Loved it!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 8, 2012 7:49 PM

Aug 2008
Something tells me that Kai might be have a sister complex.

The moment she begin to sing, I remebered that Seto Asami can sing. XD
Jul 8, 2012 8:06 PM
Jan 2012
Damn, vice principal sure likes her flavor sour. Other than that, lovely performance - a joy listening to it. However, this show isn't really captivating me as it is, will probably hold until finished.
Jul 8, 2012 8:21 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode overall. Time passed really fast, I thought it would take more episodes till that presentation xD
Jul 8, 2012 8:33 PM

Jun 2010
Wien is still as awesome as before.

Anyway, the singing scene was fantastic. I feel as though they'll have one every (other) episode. Plus, looks like Tanaka joins the choir next episode judging by the preview ("If I win, you two have to join the badminton club!" ) .
Jul 8, 2012 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
Everyone is calling the teacher a bitch or worse but I don't see it. It makes sense to not let a non-music major student who screwed up the last performance participate in this one. Also I am sure they will have some redeeming back story for her behavior later anyway.

What was with the beginning?
Jul 8, 2012 8:47 PM
Oct 2010
anyone know the song sang at the back?
Jul 8, 2012 8:54 PM
Jan 2012
The vice principal is the complete opposite of a good teacher. She shows no enthusiasm, no emotion, is cold and analytical to the point she pushes students away. She just seems like someone who's grown cynical from working too long in the same biz. The pregnant teacher is how they should be; supportive, encouraging, stern but friendly and most of all someone you feel you can talk to.
Jul 8, 2012 9:08 PM
Sep 2010
Great episode, and episode 2 had a ice ending to it Konatsu finally got what she asked for.
Jul 8, 2012 9:22 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, what a beautiful song. I do love dem piano solos in anime.

A great, touching episode. Though it was a little too surprising to have great moments already when it's only 2 episodes into the series, but I'm not complaining.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2012 9:24 PM

Jul 2011
A very quick episode, and felt rather rushed. Wasn't too sure what was going on.

Still loved it. Didn't attract me as much as the first episode did, but the fact that she walks in on her brother taking a bath makes up for it. XD
More Wien!

GarLogan78 said:
Everyone is calling the teacher a bitch or worse but I don't see it. It makes sense to not let a non-music major student who screwed up the last performance participate in this one. Also I am sure they will have some redeeming back story for her behavior later anyway.
MirorinJul 8, 2012 9:29 PM
Jul 8, 2012 10:02 PM

Aug 2011
I was waiting for the rest of the choir to join in when they arrived.

By the way...
How come that she needs at least 5 people to make her choir club and the other guy is in the badminton club just by himself?
Jul 8, 2012 10:41 PM
Jan 2009
This episode of Tari-tari was flawless, and for sure i wasn’t expecting that, but all my expectations were ruined as i was thinking this is just going to be another school-life/slice of life theme.
Jul 8, 2012 10:58 PM

Mar 2011
Beautiful song
Konatsu is really likable
I grow to like Sakai and Sawa more too, but I need more Wien
Nice episode
Next ep looks like the vice principal will be temporary principal and badminton match?
Jul 8, 2012 11:05 PM

Jul 2010
I really loved this episode! It was not where I expected episode 2 to go. I really expected them to take the whole month leading up to choral festival for the whole series. This moves the story along and lets us see what other characters have going for them other than Konatsu.

There were some seriously touching moments here! I choked up a couple of times, especially when Sakai played that incredibly beautiful song the first time! Great character development, great drama, some nice humor (the opening scene was soooo well done! A bunch of kids talking in a group with no real direction, then Sawa taking charge and getting Sakai with the program! Fantastic!) So far I love all of the characters, though we need to find out more about Taichi!
Jul 8, 2012 11:08 PM

Jan 2012
Only the second episode, but I hate the teacher with all my heart lol. The episode itself was good. Could have shown more of their practising though. Anyway, looking forward to next episode.

Jul 8, 2012 11:14 PM

Jan 2012
I loved the singing at the end, I was expecting the rest of the club to join sing along too.
Jul 8, 2012 11:18 PM

Dec 2011
And I was right that Sakai has something against music because of her mother, who most probably dead, too predictable.
Jul 8, 2012 11:23 PM

Aug 2010
PsychoKitteh said:
I hate that teacher.

Yeah, what a cunt :l it's like she enjoys getting in their way
Jul 9, 2012 12:27 AM

May 2012
Oh, the ending was great! I can't wait to hear the background of that song, and can't wait for more of the choir practice. This show is shaping up very promisingly, so I'm excited to see what it has in store next week.
Jul 9, 2012 12:32 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode. Wien hands down his my favorite male character.
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Jul 9, 2012 12:35 AM

Nov 2011
That was quite fast-paced for a slice-of-life, yet not too rushed. Definitely liking this show. Though I don't see why the vice principal would be so discouraging of a student, even if she is driven by hidden motive.
Jul 9, 2012 12:36 AM

Aug 2010
Liked this episode, the song was nice. And Konatsu undid her past mistake by singing this song (nearly) solo in front of an audience. GOOD JOB!

Also, Konatsu IS really likeable.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jul 9, 2012 12:51 AM

Oct 2009
Why so much hate on the vice-principal? She probably wrote that song and has had some bad experience with music (hence why she tells her she won't be able to balance enjoying music and making others enjoy it) but it's pretty obvious that she's gonna change by the end of the series and fully, whole heartedly support our little heroine.
Jul 9, 2012 1:11 AM

Nov 2007
This seems like no real plot again. Cute girls and stuff, oh and they want to sing. There were 2 guys, but they didn't really do anything and were forgettable. Honestly I'll have to look up the characters just to remember who was who from last ep.
Jul 9, 2012 1:12 AM

Aug 2011
Am I the only one who likes Sawa a whole lot more than Konatsu?
I mean Konatsu is fine, but I seem to like Sawa more. Favorite character is still Wein though.
Jul 9, 2012 1:25 AM
Aug 2011
I take back my statement of last week. Sakai is not like Minko. She's not a bitch and she only wants cake in return for favours. What a good girl.

And when Sawa went for the slap, I thought, "From that angle? No way" I was ninja'd

Loved the music
5/5
Jul 9, 2012 2:08 AM

Dec 2011
was i the only one who loled at their teacher asking Sawa if she was pregnant at the hospital? xD
Jul 9, 2012 2:20 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, this is suprisingly enjoyable. I definitely prefer it to a certain other anime about music .
MayumuJul 9, 2012 2:25 AM
Jul 9, 2012 2:32 AM
Aug 2011
andreyue said:
was i the only one who loled at their teacher asking Sawa if she was pregnant at the hospital? xD

I was laughing when she was sitting there with the other pregnant woman.

tazfelis said:
Wow, this is suprisingly enjoyable. I definitely prefer it to a certain other anime about music .

Well, this one actually has a story and character development while that one is about looking cute and eating cake.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

122 by ronicaio »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

166 by Tuti_ »»
Feb 21, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

124 by Allycattt »»
Feb 18, 2023 4:51 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

269 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 2:16 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

99 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.