Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2013 7:44 AM

Aug 2012
*Sigh* I was hoping for a change.. but it's the same ordeal in every episode so far.. I'm really disliking how all these good people are going to be punished when these revenges aren't really much different from warfare.. They're defending the people they love from vicious inhuman people.....

But yeah, the mocking the doctor scenes were hilarious, I loved it

meh.. I'l contenue to watch as just waiting for some sort of change on Ai's side of the story...
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Jun 4, 2013 1:17 PM

Sep 2012
Not cruel enough.
Jun 13, 2013 6:15 PM

Jun 2012
I liked this punishment but it was not taking long this time and to be honest of course what he did was wrong but sending some one to hell is a bit to much + the person who asked for help will have eternal suffering him/her self.

then again if it was a human that suffered this way would we all still try to solve it a different way I mean if it's family or something I think I would make the deal before she could finish her sentence of what will happen to me in return. so I kinda understand she sent him to hell the dog was her only family.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Feb 9, 2014 5:02 PM

May 2012
The girl is so annoying and she seems to love her smelly dog even more than her parents. People kill rats every day and don't give shit about how those rats "feel". Why dogs should be any better. If dog dies then just buy another one. Dogs don't have a personality, and they can be replaced unlike your real family.
thepathFeb 9, 2014 5:31 PM
Mar 14, 2014 9:18 PM

Aug 2013
Hmmm.. sadly enough there are actually people like this in the real world.
That scene with Ai's face popping from above when she said "Ippen.. shinde miru?" priceless. \(^o^)/
Apr 16, 2014 7:35 AM

Jun 2011
I thought that the sudden change in sensei's behaviour was forced. It's hard to sit through another episode of this.. -.- please do something else already. D:

Shirai Kuroko (TAKnR) as the kid was annoying. Koyasu as the evil vet.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 25, 2014 8:39 AM
Dec 2013
I probably wouldn't have done it like she did, but that person really did deserve to go to hell. People who don't understand why she did it, have never had a pet before lol.

controlmajortom
You'd probably also go to hell, lol. The assistant probably would've quit after all that happened and when she found out what kind of person she worked for, and illegal means to get evidence? Oh, that's *so* bad. Yeah, right. And you think what the doctor did was legal? You're the same person as him. Mirror image.
Sep 18, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2014
Bad doctor...
Sep 23, 2014 10:02 PM

Feb 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Also didn't help that I've never had a pet and can't empathize with throwing away something so valuable for an animal...

Yeah Ive never had a pet either, so I couldn't really understand her love for the animal. Honestly I feel it was more she didn't wanna be alone since her parents died, and the dog was all she had left of her family.

Also she was only like 10 years old :/.
Oct 11, 2014 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
When I look at this like a comedy it's not so bad. I couldn't stop laughing when they were treating the doc like a dog. The drama feels extremely forced now and the chain of events is way too convenient. The school girls always gossip about Jigoku Shoujo the exact moment the victim is most troubled. The victim is continuously pushed into using the doll. I really should watch this on the side but I'll try one more episode for safe measure.
Dec 26, 2014 12:21 PM

May 2014
Riptos said:
This may have been an extreme case but even then, Junko's meddling lost the nurse who was doing her job properly her job as well so I cannot really approve of the revenge she asked for.

I agree,well stated. I think this show is taking the hell thing too lightly. Condemning a doctor over a fallen dog. I mean the doctor was a bad person, but the revenge aspect was pretty shallow.
Mar 5, 2015 5:14 PM

Jun 2014
What a controversial episode! As a dog-lover, or just a pet-lover in general, I was just practically in tears in the beginning when she lost her dog. The pain when you lose your pet is, especially if that was your only family, is incomparable. Reminded me when my stepmom lost her sweet pug over a year ago. He was the only family she had until she married my father six years ago. T.T He lived a good, long life and she spent 17 years with him. R.I.P Louie </3

I don't know whether I could go to hell for that situation she was in or not, though. I'm sure Candy would not have wanted that for Junko. I'm happy she at least attempted another way. She tried finding evidence to expose him but got caught up in the heat of the moment by his asshat-ery and pulled the string.

He definitely deserved to suffer but I almost wonder if his assistant was better off not telling Junko. I know she was trying to do right by her, but I don't know. Maybe she could have found her own means to expose him when the time was right?

There are just so many scenarios for this situation to pan out in and unfortunately since these characters were apart of the anime 'Hell Girl' and not some other anime, sensei goes to Hell!

Well good riddance.
Jun 6, 2015 12:27 PM

Aug 2013
So every episode has exactly the same scheme?
It's kinda disappointing... And that repeating the same sequences...
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 11, 2015 5:18 AM

Jan 2012
What a crazy doctor,he gets bored of his job by time i guess .

Jan 20, 2016 4:52 PM

Mar 2011
That's what happens when you don't love your job, you go to hell and drag a girl with you.
Okay, that wasn't a well planned episode. 3/5
Mar 20, 2016 2:58 AM

Mar 2015
Anything but the dogs!

It's getting repeated over and over though. But it is rated high and it has 3 seasons, so I think I should keep going.

Apr 28, 2016 1:52 AM

Feb 2013
I couldn't think of a more boring setup for such a repetitive story-line. Funny how this girl was the quickest to decide to kill, all over a dog. Shit episode
Apr 28, 2016 2:39 PM

Feb 2015
Urgh, why does it have to be a dog, as a dog owner, the first couple of minutes caught me off guard but it felt so flipping satisfying watching the doctor carted off to hell alongside the animals he possibly might've killed.

Even though this is starting to get repetitive, it's nice seeing the lengths people would go to to get rid of someone.
Jun 14, 2016 10:27 AM
Feb 2016
This episode made me cry so much. I am a big animal lover and I have cat which I love and cherish. This episode made me think, what if something like this happened to my cat and I wasn't able to protect her? Very thought provoking and depressing.
Sep 6, 2016 10:25 PM

May 2015
Piegoose said:
I couldn't think of a more boring setup for such a repetitive story-line. Funny how this girl was the quickest to decide to kill, all over a dog. Shit episode

You have shit taste.

Sep 11, 2016 4:06 PM

Feb 2013
Kittens-kun said:
You have shit taste.

No, just genuinely bad melodrama with vending-machine devils.
Sep 14, 2016 5:02 PM

May 2015
Piegoose said:
Kittens-kun said:
You have shit taste.

No, just genuinely bad melodrama with vending-machine devils.

You misspelled shit taste.

Sep 18, 2016 7:59 AM

Mar 2012
So I had 2 gripes with this episode.

The first one being that the woman told the freaking kid the truth after she just got over the death of her dog. What the hell was the point of that? The only one who benefited from telling her the truth would be you since you'd feel less guilty about the dog's death. The second would be the fact that a person would sell their soul just to avenge a freaking animal. Now I'm in no way saying that the POS doctor was right for treating the pets as a way to get money, but sending him to hell for that is retarded. Especially when it also means that you'll end up in hell after you die because of the contract.

This is a perfect example of why this Hell Link thing they got going is so frightening. Kids do some really stupid shit and don't tend to think of the consequences that their decisions will have in the long run. I bet she's really gonna be regretting this shit once she gets older. Not to mention that you don't even know when you're going to die which makes Ai saying

the biggest troll in this show lol.
Sep 30, 2016 9:54 AM

Jun 2015
I've wanted to watch this anime since last year, last year. If it continues this way, it will be a big disappointment. Can they at least tell more about Enma Ai
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 27, 2016 4:25 PM

Sep 2013
Such a good show with great potential, but it is being wasted by sticking to the same formula each episode. I really hope they break out of this pattern soon and do something different.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 27, 2016 4:30 PM

Sep 2013
vansonbee said:
Moonfrost said:
Why would you give you soul for a dog? You could have just buy another one lol.

Anyways, nice episode. I thought back there that the nurse was the real culprit. (You never know XD) I guess I was wrong. It was the doctor all the way.
Your no different than the doctor and Candy death itself, isn't the main point after the little girl + assistant was kicked out of the store.

She did not want to revenge her dog w/ her soul in hell, that's why she looked for an alternative, but it failed and she only pull it out of reflex.

Anyone notice how the protagonist finds out about the site through random girls in the background? I feel its stage by those devils XD

Plus, there has to be a lot of emotion going on in this kid's head. Both her parents were recently killed. The only thing she has to remember them by is this dog they gave her. That's it...that's the last little bit of her parents she has. And this doctor lets it die. She's not going to be thinking rationally and just be like, hmm, oh well. I'll just go buy another one. She's gonna freak out. She's only like 9 years old or so. I wouldn't expect her to act with maturity and reason under the best circumstances. Add to that the tragedy she's recently lived through and yeah...I can see her making a bad decision like sacrificing her soul to get revenge on this doctor.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 24, 2017 4:39 PM
Aug 2014
One thing I'm really liking about this series is how unique the death/torturing scenes are. It really makes them take back what they dished out.
Mar 9, 2017 6:39 AM

Nov 2013
I think those two school girls who always gossip about Jigoku Shoujo are her servants.
This show is repetetive as hell (no pun intended) but sexy Hone Onna makes it tolerable.
GvendolineMar 9, 2017 6:49 AM
Mar 31, 2017 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
And people say the Endless Eight is bad.
Apr 30, 2017 7:24 PM

Oct 2015
Good thing doctors aren't like that irl
May 24, 2017 9:05 AM

May 2015
Poor Candy. :((((((
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 8, 2017 11:08 AM

Jan 2015
Probably worst episode so far. While in other episodes they were in a desperate situation and were in a huge despair. this girl decided that its a good idea to give her soul away just to punish ONE GUY who hates animals........ Brave you are officially an idiot :D Yes that guy was an utter garbage of a person, but the whole world is filled iwth guys like that. you cant change the world by punishing that one guy.
What saves this episode from being a horrible writing is that she is a middleschool girl and probably acting on her impulses and emotions, huge grief over a dog(Candy) it makes sense why she would go that far.
Jul 21, 2017 12:10 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
For now the less intresting ep, but still nice.
I just would love the start of a bit background story, and not just autoconclusive episodes :/

Oct 30, 2017 4:30 AM

Sep 2012
Predseln said:
i wouldnt go to hell just to avenge my dead dog... i would try to settle it in an other way.

eternal suffering, is a bit too much in this case...

well kids think & see things differently then grownups 

also to her this dog was a family member and cause the dog was gift from her dead parents it adds sentimental value and some adults are ready for die for it
Sugram22May 26, 2023 9:47 AM
Oct 30, 2017 4:47 AM

Sep 2012
EGOIST said:
Good thing doctors aren't like that irl

some real life doctors come close to this guy, i know a story where a baby died cause others can't do much nothing without him (they not allowed to do some stuff without the right doctor) & for him a dinner with some rich friend or supporter or whatever was more important so he didn't come when he was called, he came 1h or 2h later when it was 2late & cause he was mostly good doctor i mean experienced by it, it was how to say it he god cleared at least in some way, it got media attention, but he got out & still works as a doctor as far as i know can't remember the details

parents are mad & disappointed in justice sys & they said it straight front of camera
Sugram22Oct 30, 2017 4:55 AM
Jun 13, 2019 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
_Dazzle_ said:
Riptos said:
This may have been an extreme case but even then, Junko's meddling lost the nurse who was doing her job properly her job as well so I cannot really approve of the revenge she asked for.

I agree,well stated.  I think this show is taking the hell thing too lightly.  Condemning a doctor over a fallen dog.  I mean the doctor was a bad person, but the revenge aspect was pretty shallow.

bdw ur talking about a kid here 😊

also to her this dog was a family member and cause the dog was gift from her dead parents it adds sentimental value and some adults are ready for die for it

Sugram22May 26, 2023 9:48 AM
Nov 24, 2019 7:39 AM

Feb 2019
This episode got me thinking about what I'd do if my dogs and other dogs where suffering like this. I sure wouldn't go to hell over it but I'd sure make sure that 'doctor' was going to jail to experience hell
Nov 24, 2019 12:55 PM

Jul 2008
There is a special place in hell for people who abuse animals...people who never had pets might not understand, but people who have pets do.

They are family to you...even more so if you do not have kids or family of your own.
Mar 7, 2020 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
I watched this episode months ago, and it made a lasting impression on me. Burns me up whenever I take an animal to the vet and think about how they can't speak up for themselves. I trust my vet, but still knowing that pets can't/couldn't tell you what's wrong makes me sad.

I wouldn't go to hell for my pets, but I'm not a lonely child, and I come from an entirely different religious background.

The vet's still not as bad as a child abuser or abusive nursing home staff, but accepting payment from people who expect you to treat their animals—often pets whom they consider as family—only to let just them die untreated is cruel. I think it feels so bad because the animals are innocent, and can't speak for themselves (hence the episode's title "Silent Cries").
Dec 28, 2020 10:48 AM

Mar 2019
Another story and nothing really changed, but felt good seeing that doctor get treated the same way.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 14, 2021 6:50 AM
Apr 2021
His so cruel! He doesn't deserve a license to become a veterinarian he has not heart to all animals what a shame

3/5
May 18, 2021 6:58 PM
Apr 2021
Yes the doctor is a f***ing btch but going to hell because her dog died is bit too much I would not go to hell for a family memember let alone a dog.

Ai Enma is pretty(◍•ᴗ•◍)
Jun 10, 2021 5:45 PM

Feb 2017
i watched this anime around 4 or 5 years ago and i decided to start rewatching it today. back then i thought this anime was absolutely brilliant but honestly right now im trying to decide whether the writing is bad or just silly.

saying that "the media would cover this story up" is the DUMBEST thing i have heard in my life. the media LOVES a scoop. and what's better than a scoop that involves celebs and politicians? these influential people are bringing their pets to a vet that mistreats animals - of course the media would love to report on a story like that like wtf?

also im kinda cringing at the very forceful attempt to villainize the vet. i know he's a bad guy but him going on about how dogs are stinky or whatever in front of junko was so cringeworthy.

placeholder text
Aug 9, 2021 5:12 PM

Apr 2020
He got what was coming.
Jul 10, 2022 5:54 AM

Nov 2018
I like the stories so I don't mind the repetitive formula, though I was wondering if some characters will hold themselves from pulling off the thread, and be able to continue living despite their struggle and a will to revenge, after realizing the high price that they will pay in the future.

I thought this will be the first story to do something like that but seems like I was wrong.
Nov 11, 2022 10:39 AM
Dec 2017
lol that dude deserved it honestly.

Nov 28, 2022 4:47 PM

Oct 2013
Nice episode. I might have had more positive vote for this one, just cause it did a kinda new angle of where it avenged a dog. Something I didn't think it would touch upon. Kinda like it's making a statement that even pet life comes in equal value to human life. Although, it was kinda just Hell Girl and her posse fulfilling a contract, but they still seemed to show they cared, through their words. Twas a nice episode
"We brawlers are sustained by willpower! Even when mocked as reckless and crazy!"
Mar 29, 2023 7:36 AM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022
I think this episode is kind of messed up considering Junko is so young.
May 26, 2023 9:52 AM

Sep 2012
amagirinomikoto said:
i watched this anime around 4 or 5 years ago and i decided to start rewatching it today. back then i thought this anime was absolutely brilliant but honestly right now im trying to decide whether the writing is bad or just silly.

saying that "the media would cover this story up" is the DUMBEST thing i have heard in my life. the media LOVES a scoop. and what's better than a scoop that involves celebs and politicians? these influential people are bringing their pets to a vet that mistreats animals - of course the media would love to report on a story like that like wtf?

also im kinda cringing at the very forceful attempt to villainize the vet. i know he's a bad guy but him going on about how dogs are stinky or whatever in front of junko was so cringeworthy.
powerful friends can pressure media to burry it, its easier to do in some parts of the world then others but still possible 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

redbuzz - May 8, 2008

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Predseln - Apr 16, 2009

70 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 30, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 11 Discussion

Moonfrost - Sep 19, 2009

47 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chilli-Kun - Jan 31, 2008

78 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 29, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitamaking - Oct 4, 2008

106 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 14, 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.