Forum Settings
Forums

KyoAni's Next TV Anime 'Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!' Announced

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 10, 2012 9:06 AM

Mar 2011
kaena said:
with hyouka not selling to haruhi, k-on, and lucky star levels, this one better make it up or kyoani will go down the drain

I doubt every anime they make can be as successful as those 3.
Jul 10, 2012 9:08 AM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
RyanSaotome said:
I can't wait to see this sell like 3k and Little Busters sell like 20k+, just so KyoAni sees they made the wrong choice.

I doubt KyoAni has any expectation of this selling more than Little Busters!. And if you want to make comparisons, you could just as easily say "K-ON! sold like 40k and Little Busters only would have sold like 20k so KyoAni clearly made the right choice". Or you could go back to Nichijou and have said the same thing already... basically, the LB! situation has been years in the making (or non-making), so pinning it specifically on Chuu2Byou seems unfair. It's not as simple as "Oh we'd rather do Chuu2Byou, nothx on LB!."

Interviews with Baba have been posted. Details regarding the production committees have been said and show the other members made more money with K-On! than with any of the Key works, especially Pony Canyon. Despite this, people will still blame Hyouka (a Kadokawa work not involved with Key at all) and Chuunibyou (KyoAni's own work to promote their LN division) for Little Busters.

The simple fact is that K-On! is more to blame than anything else. If it wasn't as successful, then TBS/Pony Canyon would've partnered again with Key. Yet you never see it blamed by fans because these interviews and anime confirmations came out during Hyouka/Chuunibyou's announcements.

Disc sales are important for Chuunibyou, but more important are novel sales. Don't think KyoAni hasn't noticed the sales of K-On!, Haruhi, and even Nichijou rising due to their anime productions. They're hoping to jump-start their LN sales (and especially distribution) due to this series. I feel that's the overall goal of this production.
Jul 10, 2012 9:21 AM
Jun 2012
Yvese said:

Either way just judging from that char design, pose and toy gun she's holding I can tell I'm going to love this show.

toy gun? i think its real... since there are bullets around her...

chuunibyo is kyoani's BEST release of this year for sure... it took nearly 6 months+ of planning plus that heavily experienced staffs and then we are yet to know who are the seiyuus too.

LB! maybe the most anticipated anime of the season... but chuunibyo could be a dark horse of the year.
Jul 17, 2012 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
A must Watch
Jul 23, 2012 8:12 PM

Jan 2010
finally...i wait it for years!!!!
Jul 24, 2012 4:38 AM

May 2012
A new KyoAni anime! Definitely a must-watch. And the eye patch reminds me of Another.
Aug 10, 2012 1:45 AM

Jun 2009
I will definitely give this anime a chance, mainly because of KyoAni and Ishihara Tatsuya.
Aug 10, 2012 8:07 AM

Feb 2012
New preview released!

Looks AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Dat KyoAni animation! Seriously KyoAni impresses with every new anime. With that level of quality you'd think it was a movie, jesus.
Aug 10, 2012 8:33 AM

Feb 2012
jmal said:
I expect the density of action scenes is significantly higher than it'll be in the show proper, but it looks goddamned amazing regardless. Not that anyone should have expected anything less. I'm in love with Rikka already and even the male protag ought to be pretty amusing (I predict much fun embarrassment as he recalls his chuunibyou past thanks to Rikka). I feel like KyoAni alone in the industry has a consistent track record of likable male leads. Most other studios, with few exceptions, are maybe 50/50 at best for me.

But man, Rikka. She looks like a complete riot. Kobato and Kuroneko are kind of the premiere chuunibyou girls in anime recently, but Rikka looks like she's taking that in an even more delusional and hyperactive direction. Cannot wait.
Agreed.

I absolutely LOVED Kobato and Kuroneko, yet Rikka looks to take that to the next level. Just from the PV I can already tell she'll be one of my new fav characters and that it'll be funny as hell.

Also looks like KyoAni is bringing back some Nichijou facial expressions lol.
Aug 10, 2012 9:03 AM

Jul 2010
GIMME 1ST EPISODE ALREADY >.< this looks so goood.KyoAni animation looks just too amazing.
Yvese said:
Dat KyoAni animation! Seriously KyoAni impresses with every new anime. With that level of quality you'd think it was a movie, jesus.

Can't agree more
Aug 17, 2012 4:31 PM

Aug 2012
the plot says that the mc used to be "Chuunibyou" but what does "Chuunibyou" mean?
Aug 17, 2012 5:01 PM

Feb 2012
Bakagami_Taiga said:
the plot says that the mc used to be "Chuunibyou" but what does "Chuunibyou" mean?
I'll quote myself from a few pages back:

Yvese said:
GodlyKyon said:
what does that suppose to mean in the title?

middle-two-sickness/disease???
If you're asking what chuunibyou is, it's commonly defined as a grown person acting like a junior high kid, or someone that indulges in fantasies.

For example, Okarin from Steins;Gate likes to think he's a mad scientist. Kobato from Haganai who portrays herself as the 'mistress of the night'. Kuroneko from Ore no Imouto is another example. A real life example would be a grown up doing naruto hand seals ><

Basically, if you like those character types ( I love them as seen from my profile :P ), then this anime is for you.
Aug 18, 2012 12:12 AM

Aug 2011
Holy crap. That preview.
Aug 18, 2012 1:19 PM
Feb 2009
it's kyoani, then it's a must watch. enough said! :D
Sep 19, 2012 1:14 AM

Jan 2010
I'm really looking forward to this. I can already see myself liking both main characters very much ♥
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
30 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 10 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.