Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2012 6:59 AM

Jan 2012
Oh man the nostalgia,I bet half of the community here wasn't even born when the first sailor moon was airing
Jul 14, 2012 6:14 AM

Sep 2011
Oh boy, it feels like it's been 20 years since I watched the original series. Wait, it's BEEN 20 years.
Jul 15, 2012 1:35 PM

Sep 2010
O...M...G this had better not be fake... I'll cry... wait, I already am uuuuu (´;д;`) I'm just... so ... happy... If sailor moon gets remade to follow the manga, what with all of its dark themes n such... ah... I might die from excitement (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

Edit: And if they do remake it to follow the manga, dare I hope we get a Sailor V series/ova as well... ah gotta stop... hyperventilating
KhaoticsuccubusJul 15, 2012 1:48 PM
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Jul 15, 2012 1:55 PM

Sep 2010
Also let's hope when its brought over in english (not that I'll touch anything dubbed with a 10 meter stick) that it's not butchered like the previous one was... butchered raped and mutilated beyond repair (shudders)
Jul 15, 2012 2:09 PM

Sep 2010
ichigo03 said:
HauntingShock said:
I lol'd when I saw this thread :D

What could have gotten into their head...

Edit: Wait...on the second thought.... ecchi+good art...

I HIGHLY doubt this new Sailor Moon will have ecchi.

Good Art.....YES!

Ecchi.....probably not, remember Sailor Moon is a Shoujo manga, it's actually targeted towards girls, not guys.

Personally I love it (even though I'm a guy) because the original anime had a lot of battle scenes and the the story intrigued me.

Although, to be perfectly honest, if they're going to follow the manga, it's going to be much more shoujo than the original anime which was targeted towards both genders.

This is a good thing since the manga was much more violent and darker than the anime ever was.
Jul 17, 2012 7:17 PM

May 2012
wow really?
Jul 20, 2012 4:41 AM

Jun 2010
That's interesting. Finally an excuse to watch Sailor Moon (which I saw as a kid too little to remember anything). Also:

follows the manga closely = good anime

Even if manga is total crap, an anime faithful to it is a good anime. Not necessarily a good series, but a good anime. If you follow my logic.

My only hopes:
- no yuri or shoujo ai
- no ecchi
Jul 20, 2012 8:29 AM

Apr 2008
I am concerned about the music. I enjoyed the last show's music.
It was silly, while moving in other parts.

Let's increase the fan hype!

MARS! FIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE! SOUUUUUUUUL!
Jul 21, 2012 9:51 AM

Jun 2011
for real? o_o
Jul 22, 2012 2:57 AM
Dec 2009
Congratulations to Naoko Takeuchi :)
Jul 23, 2012 11:09 AM

Mar 2009
Since I knew it, I see Life in Pink oO'' !!
No I am seriously grateful and so happy that this show undergoes a revival since following the manga will definitely make it TREMENDOUSLY thrilling and enjoyable !
I really hope and I beseech all the people involved in this new serie to keep the same voice acting those seiyuu are veterans and it will be a damn pleasure to hear all of them again and reunited ..
I knew only time could sweep the divine wind up to this show mixed with the good dose of nostalgia we all needed living with Sailor Moon !
Jul 24, 2012 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
jmal said:
Because I expect to see a lot of comments on the seiyuu, and even more complaints when inevitably some of them are recast, can someone get a list together of the major seiyuu from the original, and whether they're still in the business?

At a quick glance, a few should be easy to get back. Hisakawa Aya, for example, is still active. I'd also be surprised if Mitsuishi Kotono were not to return.

But it can't be that simple for everyone. I see very little lately from, say, Fukami Rika. Tomizawa Michie retired a decade ago, though she's come back for a very limited smattering of stuff since then. Chiyoko Kawashima has also retired, seemingly for good. Han Keiko is nearly sixty years old.

It would just be good to know what's realistic before people start going absolutely ballistic when the first official cast list is revealed.

One of the characters' seiyuu is dead, too. Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread. So that kind of guarantees that not all of the characters can have the same seiyuu.
Jul 24, 2012 10:54 AM

Dec 2009
Of course I prefer that the original cast would return, but if it's not possible I'll settle for a new cast.

But there are some suporting character Seiyuu that I really hope will return for their roles.

Megumi Ogata needs to be Sailor Uranus, that character is nothing without her :)

Akira Kamiya as Professor Tomoe, his laugh was awesome for the role.

Noriko Uemura as Kaorinite, I see this as a possibility because she voiced Dadan in One Piece not so long ago.

Mika Kanai as Mimete. I love Mimete so much and I can't picture her without Kanai-san voicing her. But I see that highly possible as she is kinda active still.

Yoshiko Sakakibara needs to be Nehelennia or I don't know what I'll do -_-

Ikue Ootani will probably be Sailor Tin Nyanko again. or so I hope :)

Oh and please let Mitsuko Horie be Galaxia again.

Well those are the ones that I mostly wish that the Siyuu will stay the same. :)
Jul 24, 2012 1:39 PM

Apr 2008
Tomizawa Michie (Mars) was the main antagonist for SRW Z, and I think she is still active in Sakura taisen stage? She also appeared in new shows as guest roles.

I wouldn't be surprised if she came back.

If they didn't bring the original cast, I can imagine them being parents or monsters.
Jul 27, 2012 8:38 PM

Jul 2010
i knew this will happen sooner or later when the manga is being republish
Jul 28, 2012 7:04 AM
Jan 2011
Why is everyone so shocked? xD I'm looking forward to it
Jul 29, 2012 3:41 PM

Mar 2009
Sir_Lexa said:
Of course I prefer that the original cast would return, but if it's not possible I'll settle for a new cast.

But there are some suporting character Seiyuu that I really hope will return for their roles.

Megumi Ogata needs to be Sailor Uranus, that character is nothing without her :)

Akira Kamiya as Professor Tomoe, his laugh was awesome for the role.

Noriko Uemura as Kaorinite, I see this as a possibility because she voiced Dadan in One Piece not so long ago.

Mika Kanai as Mimete. I love Mimete so much and I can't picture her without Kanai-san voicing her. But I see that highly possible as she is kinda active still.

Yoshiko Sakakibara needs to be Nehelennia or I don't know what I'll do -_-

Ikue Ootani will probably be Sailor Tin Nyanko again. or so I hope :)

Oh and please let Mitsuko Horie be Galaxia again.

Well those are the ones that I mostly wish that the Siyuu will stay the same. :)

I worship you !!!! You ABSOLUTELY said things I wanted to "hear", oh well, I wanted to read :)
Niiyama Shiho is the one who is unfortunately dead so it will have someone else for Sailor Star Fighter, woosh it is giving me chills I loved her voice !!

Then for Sailor Aluminium Siren, Kikuko Inoue is still active and Katsuki Masako is also active and no one can get any closer from her talent, voicing Sailor Neptun, besides she said she would be very pleased to go back in business voicing Neptun <3 and Minaguchi-san for Sailor Saturn, WOW who can play a child then a sicked possessed teenager, transforming into a deadly Sailor and a crazy badass villain as Mistress 9 ?! :)
Jul 30, 2012 11:53 AM
Jul 2012
yay *-*
I just love Sailor Moon. I saw it in Brazilian portuguese lol
But I still want to see it in japanese :3
Jul 30, 2012 12:08 PM

Dec 2009
ZackDeMars said:

Then for Sailor Aluminium Siren, Kikuko Inoue is still active

How could I forget My dear Kikuko Inoue. Highly likely that she would accept the role again. She is still to me the Queen of Supporting Characters :)
Jul 30, 2012 3:54 PM

Mar 2012
I can't wait...!!
Jul 30, 2012 6:13 PM

Dec 2009
I just pray that the art style doesn't become childish like the new manga covers. If anything I'd like a step above the old anime art.

I am ecstatic for this, though. I had an inkling they'd do this since they started re-releasing the manga.
Aug 3, 2012 5:39 AM

May 2009
So frikken excitedd TT__TT
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">
Being sane is over rated :)
Aug 3, 2012 6:55 AM

Jun 2012
Hope the Outer Senshi are in it....

All the current Sailor Moon Merchandise seems to be aimed at the Inner Senshi.

:(
Aug 4, 2012 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
missyzu said:
I just pray that the art style doesn't become childish like the new manga covers. If anything I'd like a step above the old anime art.

I am ecstatic for this, though. I had an inkling they'd do this since they started re-releasing the manga.

What was wrong about teh art style? a lot of people seem to have found it rather bad, and my opinion ofc is rather subjective as I was obsessed with this series my whole childhood but even now, I find the character designs, lines and everything else to be profoundly feminine, graceful and pretty sleek. In otehr words very beautiful.

Besides, I've been craving for this moment ever since I watched the 200th episode, say about... a decade ago ? I remember watching this as it was aired on an italian TV channel something like... with the door locked not to be botehred by my parents, with volume turned out to maximum so I could enjoy every bit of it and , as I was usually brought to tears by some of the very sad/intense scenes I was rushing outside to roleplay everything with my friends. :))

I even went that far as to purchase the new release of the manga and I thought "damn this is a lot better than the anime" so I am soooo looking forward to it because IF this will follow the manga it would be facking awesome... and sick... and twisted and.... brrr

/weird mode off
Aug 5, 2012 7:27 AM

Jul 2012
Can there be a new sailor?
Aug 5, 2012 9:55 AM

Dec 2009
Akari18 said:
Can there be a new sailor?

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars spoiler:

But I wouldn't expect any new goodie sailors, Atleast if it's loyal to the manga.
Aug 8, 2012 2:53 AM

Jun 2012
jesus i remember being 3 or 4 when i saw this....i hardly remember anything..but it's funny to hear about it after so long..
Aug 8, 2012 7:28 AM

Mar 2011
What?! Really? I never thought that they would make another after so many years.
Definitely watching since this is my childhood <3
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Aug 8, 2012 9:56 AM
Nov 2009
I really hope they won't mess up the graphics/art style, I hope they don't make it look too oh-whatever-another-21st-century-school-anime-with-fantasy!!
Aug 8, 2012 12:27 PM

Sep 2011
Same animation? Or improved? =o
Aug 12, 2012 5:06 AM

Jul 2009
Oh god I can't wait for this. When I found out so many flashbacks came to me and now I'm thinking of re watching the series. Summer 2013 is going to be a good one!
Aug 12, 2012 6:06 AM

Sep 2011
This is dumb...
Aug 16, 2012 6:46 PM

Jan 2012
Never was into the original but i might give this a try.
Aug 20, 2012 4:08 PM

Sep 2010
Q_Q <3
Sep 18, 2012 3:23 PM

Oct 2010
I really hope for a better animation and voice-acting and a manga-following storyline. If it covers these, I'll watch it.
Sep 18, 2012 4:23 PM

Apr 2011
I hope it rivals Madoka..jk...nothing will surpass that masterpiece...lol.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Oct 14, 2012 6:33 AM
Aug 2011
Omg really??!?? I just can't believe it could surpass anime from years ago with same seiyuus, but i'm really happy. Felling like a teenager:)
Nov 1, 2012 8:41 AM

Jun 2011
Lol what..?!
Nov 1, 2012 8:55 AM
Jun 2012
females are jumping for joy... they will see zorro on romantic mode throwing a flower dart again. err what his name again?

but damn... are there plot holes to be used in the previous sailor moon so they can continue the story or, it will be just like DBZ kai? reworked/reanimated to current standards? i just think if my memory is right, the old sailor moon wrapped up pretty fine

PS. i accidentally watched the anime since my siblings are females so i have a vague idea of the anime as a whole. i also know that they have this ridiculously super long transformation sequences and the villain just watched it get finished in which if i'm the villain i could have easily put a 50 cal BMG to one of the character's brain. bwahahaha!
Nov 1, 2012 5:23 PM

Jun 2012
TheFactSheet said:
i also know that they have this ridiculously super long transformation sequences and the villain just watched it get finished in which if i'm the villain i could have easily put a 50 cal BMG to one of the character's brain. bwahahaha!

Lol it's like that in old anime i always thought that as well.....you see goku going HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH for the enitre episode and the villian doesn't do shit until he goes super saiyan lol
Nov 1, 2012 5:33 PM

Jun 2009
_retro_reactive said:
TheFactSheet said:
i also know that they have this ridiculously super long transformation sequences and the villain just watched it get finished in which if i'm the villain i could have easily put a 50 cal BMG to one of the character's brain. bwahahaha!

Lol it's like that in old anime i always thought that as well.....you see goku going HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH for the enitre episode and the villian doesn't do shit until he goes super saiyan lol

Well, the transformation/attack animations don't last THAT long in Sailor Moon.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 7, 2012 2:04 PM

Oct 2012
Excuse me while I die of happiness I WANT TO SEE SAILOR COSMOS ahem.
Nov 7, 2012 8:04 PM

Jan 2009
BossLuffy said:
I hope it rivals Madoka..jk...nothing will surpass that masterpiece...lol.

do not count on it, Sailormoon started the popularity of girls as main characters in anime
Nov 7, 2012 8:34 PM

Aug 2007
Just being random, but will Tuxedo Mask actually be usefeul in the remake. I mean, in the anime, he appears in last minute just to throw a rose and give Sailor Moon motivation to defeat the villian.
In the manga, that doesn't happen. He just coincidentally appears where Sailor Moon was because of fate. Afterwards, he actually had powers and constantly helped sailor moon and the sailor scouts fight the villians.
Not to meantion, he was a pedophile in the anime. A college student hitting on a middle school student. Not sure how old he was in the anime (i assume 19), but he's around 17 at the start of the manga since Usagi was 14 at that time.
Nov 8, 2012 9:02 PM

Nov 2012
What new style would work best..hm.
Dec 1, 2012 2:26 PM

Dec 2012
Sweet, looking forward to this.
Dec 1, 2012 6:11 PM
Dec 2012
Kitsu-nee said:
OH MY GOD YES!!!!

^This!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2012 6:20 PM

Dec 2012
I'm really excited for this!
Dec 11, 2012 4:50 PM

Dec 2009

I'd love for this to be the outro; it'd fit, imo.
Dec 12, 2012 7:32 PM
Oct 2010
Motion_Menace said:
This is dumb...

...how?

The Sailor Moon manga was innovative in many aspects and popularized quite a few controversial ideas (darker themes and action heroines in mahou shoujo etc.). If this new anime indeed follows the manga closely, it will be marvelous. The real question is, can they beat the opening song of the original series? *hums* Gomen ne sunao ja nakute...

I cannot wait :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
3 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
6 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
7 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.