Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2014 10:25 PM

Apr 2009
Well, onto 21st century then! And I agree, this last arc wasn't as good.
Apr 10, 2014 5:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
insan3Spectre said:
VitaX said:
After finishing this manga, the ending wasn't quite what I had pictured. Though it was satisfying to some degree. I'll post my thoughts below:

My thoughts on 20th Century Boys:

- The introduction of Friend (1997) and how he relates to Kenji in the beginning was amazing and thrilling. One of the best introductions of a manga if not the best out there.

- Events up to "Bloody New Years Eve" (1997-2000) was done brilliantly. The 3 year time skip that showed how much the world had evolved and what happened to Kenji in that time period was awesome. And then going to face off against the robot on New Year's Eve was epic as well. I was a bit surprised this was done roughly 200 chapters before the end of the manga though because I had thought this was going to be the climax of the story.

- The time skip (2000-2014) at first had me concerned with where the story was going. But when Friend was revealed to have won the bout with Kenji and his scheme made him the savior of the world things were bound to get interesting. 1997-2000 was the getting ready to fight arc if I have to give an explanation of it. The time skip was more psychological as it dealt with "Friends" past and what happened exactly in the past. Skeptical for a while until Otcho and Yoshitune turned up badass as ever. I liked how both character's evolved into something much greater. I wasn't sure how I was going to adjust to 50 year olds saving the world now but it was more epic then the previous arc "Bloody New Years Eve". The introductions of Sadakiyo and Yamane were done brilliantly. I wasn't sure about this virtual world of 1970 at first but it turned out to be very interesting. The hanging hill and science room bits were explained in greater detail later on which was great. A thing that annoyed me for a while though as it was never truly explained was what exactly happened on "Bloody New Years Eve". Yeah we got to hear some vague stories from Yoshitune, Maruo, Kenji, and Otcho but it wasn't enough to satisfy me. I'm most curious about the face-off between Fukubei and Kenji on the robots. The most we ever got to see of that was Kenji saying "You...but you're dead." I was hoping we'd get more details on that part later on but I guess not. The death of Fukubei was surprising to say the least. But when he appeared again and saved the Pope's life I had thought it was just another one of tricks but...

- The next time skip (2015-2018 or Friend Year 1 - Friend Year 3) wasn't to me liking. Not quite sure why I didn't like it as much as the previous arc but to me it just wasn't as good. The whole "alien invasion" bit started to get annoying after a while. Not to mention Kenji was still nowhere to be found (I knew he'd pop up sooner or later but after going 140 chapters or so without him was starting to effect the story for me). I didn't like how they introduced a new character, the DJ, and that he was an old friend of Kenji. In my mind, I don't believe at this point of the story a new character needed to be added in. To me it felt there was too many characters to look after at this point and that it would start effecting the story. For me it did. I also thought it was unrealistic for Yanbo and Mabo to come back into the story and have designed the flying saucers for "Friend". Seemed ridiculous to me. It was a bit of a shock that the "Friend" now was not Fukubei, wasn't sure if I liked that or not. But it made for an even more interesting story now. When Kenji and "Friend" finally faced off, I wasn't too sure as to how it would play out. It wasn't exactly how I had imagined it would take place. Can't say for sure if I liked it or not.

-Final scene being the reunion of Kanna and Kenji wasn't a bad place to end. I was somewhat disappointed that the final scene wasn't with Kiriko as well. Overall I give it about a 9.6/10. One of the best manga's I've read. Would give a perfect 10 but I just didn't like how the story kept getting more and more jam packed with characters and having their character's being built upon and not having a real conclusion for them.

Pretty much exactly as VitaX stated. I enjoyed the evolution of Kanna, Otcho, and some of the others. But, Kenji's return just didn't sit well with me. I did like the "don't cry Kanna," scene at the end. But, it's funny, I find the lack of answers in this story unsettling. While, I thought it actually benefited Monster. Weird...

I can't decide between a 9 or a 8. Because, I loved the first 150 or so chapters and just liked the past few chapters.

I was gonna type something along those lines, but then you guys said exactly what I wanted. Up until around the bit with the Pope this was going to be my top manga ever, but it just lost its shone afterwards.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 16, 2014 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
Well, its been a great ride. And I agree with some of the users, the manga went a bit wayward in the last few volumes. The annoying recurrence of everyone miraculously coming back from death didn't get to my liking. Also the alien invasion thing was pretty dumb.
A magnificent first 120+ chapters, then at around vol 14 the level of the manga slightly dipped. Still one of the best storytellings I've experienced for some time.
I'm going to give this one a 8/10 for now. Depending upon how 21st CB wraps up the details, the score for this could rise to 9.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 5, 2014 9:50 PM

Oct 2013
It was a nice trek, in the end went down a bit, no permanent deaths.

A 9/10
May 24, 2014 1:55 AM

Dec 2012
Man, what an amazing manga. I don't even remember the last time I was engaged and immersed in a story like this. I just loved the intricate plot, and everything else. I found myself reading 6 volumes at one setting. I surprisingly found myself tearing up or getting emotional in certain scenes, which was a good sign for how believable some characters were. It's differently better than Monster. Monster doesn't hold a candle to it, in depth, level of details, plot twists and execution. Actually in literally everything (I don't think I ever even liked a character in Monster) and I certainly think Friend is a better antagonist than Johan. It was just more focused and handled the sub plots way better. I think the author is a great writer, he just have bad habits that I have noticed in both of his works. But that's just my opinion.

Now the things I didn't like, was without a doubt the third part of the manga/the second time skip. Like many others in this thread, I really didn't like it. I thought it wasn't necessary how it dragged out stuff, and brought many new plot points and events, I personally couldn't care less about the sci fi aspect of the series and it just dimnised my interest because I was looking for a conclusion but things kept dragging, with new characters, that I simply can't like or be bothered with. I found myself skimming through certain chapters due to me being annoyed. I didn't like the handling of Kenji's character at all, he barely feels like the old Kenji, which might have been the point but I still didn't like it, and all that song crap. And Kana definitely have gotten worse in the second time skip imo. I mean I already didn't like her teenage self, but the second time skip, made me just flat out dislike her and find her annoying, I'm not saying she is a bad character, but I just couldn't sympathize with her. Kid Kana is best Kana, she was so adorable <3.

Anyway, I can't bring myself to give this lower than 9. I feel like I can say it became one of my favorite manga, despite the latest portion of the story. The first 100+ chapters were just too good.

9/10
Jun 27, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
It was amazing, but it went downhill after the original Friend died. Up to that point, the timeline flowed well and I kept track of all the characters but afterwards when "Yabuki Joe" showed up, everything was everywhere and I got lost in the storytelling. Anyway, it was a great series and I'm gonna finish it by reading the sequel!

Also, I still think Monster was better

8/10 as well.

skyzblue said:
Well, its been a great ride. And I agree with some of the users, the manga went a bit wayward in the last few volumes. The annoying recurrence of everyone miraculously coming back from death didn't get to my liking. Also the alien invasion thing was pretty dumb.
A magnificent first 120+ chapters, then at around vol 14 the level of the manga slightly dipped. Still one of the best storytellings I've experienced for some time.
I'm going to give this one a 8/10 for now. Depending upon how 21st CB wraps up the details, the score for this could rise to 9.

Exactly my thoughts.
Aug 1, 2014 3:39 AM

Jun 2012
VitaX said:
- The next time skip (2015-2018 or Friend Year 1 - Friend Year 3) wasn't to me liking. Not quite sure why I didn't like it as much as the previous arc but to me it just wasn't as good. The whole "alien invasion" bit started to get annoying after a while. Not to mention Kenji was still nowhere to be found (I knew he'd pop up sooner or later but after going 140 chapters or so without him was starting to effect the story for me). I didn't like how they introduced a new character, the DJ, and that he was an old friend of Kenji. In my mind, I don't believe at this point of the story a new character needed to be added in. To me it felt there was too many characters to look after at this point and that it would start effecting the story. For me it did. I also thought it was unrealistic for Yanbo and Mabo to come back into the story and have designed the flying saucers for "Friend". Seemed ridiculous to me. It was a bit of a shock that the "Friend" now was not Fukubei, wasn't sure if I liked that or not. But it made for an even more interesting story now. When Kenji and "Friend" finally faced off, I wasn't too sure as to how it would play out. It wasn't exactly how I had imagined it would take place. Can't say for sure if I liked it or not.
I agree with most of your post except for this part. Im pretty sure Konchi was already mentioned, or at the very least if not directly mentioned he was present, in past flashbacks so it wasnt like he suddenly popped out of thin air. It also gave a nice connection between himself and Kana. And Urasawa couldnt have ended the manga without having yanbo and mabo reappear. Sure I'll agree that having those two design the saucers was ridiculous, theyre business men not engineers, but it was good to know what happened to them. Also maybe it was obvious that Kenji was still alive, but I honestly thought Kenji was dead. I didnt think he was coming back, so when I saw him I had this "wtf?" face.
Oct 23, 2014 10:00 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, this was definitely worth it. Finished it in 3 days and no regrets. Phenomenal writing with interesting characters and a compelling story and appealing themes. 8/10. Time to read the sequel~
Jan 1, 2015 2:37 AM
Aug 2011
Where I've read this, they've messed up the order of last 20 chapters so it fucked up things for me a little. I don't understand why they did not show who this former "friend" was and what was the deal with the space exploration team badge.

I think the ending was bad. It felt rushed and there is this one thing I hated the most. They are shooting the ufos that have the virus in them, so as they shot each of them, they've let the virus out. Even at the end, where 13 crushed into the last saucer, it should have infected Kenji and others in there because a huge goddamn tank filled with the ultimate virus exploded next to them.

Maybe I should've given this an 8 instead of a 9.
Feb 4, 2015 4:12 PM

Mar 2013
Need to read the sequel now
May 8, 2015 9:52 PM

Nov 2013
This was a really cool series. I also appreciated all the nods to 1960s and 1970s culture
May 28, 2015 7:40 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty good manga even though the virtual game thingy was kinda odd. It looked more like a time machine cuz it was so realistic.

21st century boys

8.5/10
Definitely on my top 10

there is a live action Fish Story for those who want a similar story
Aug 6, 2015 3:25 AM
Nov 2009
Hmm it felt like it ended abruptly. Thought he´d atleast end it with the Sudalala Gutalala song. Hopefully the sequel can give it a better and satisfying end. I´d be surprised if all of Friend´s(Fukubei) conspiracies happened without the use of some magic powers because some of them were really unrealistic to happen.

Begining to middle were 10/10 for me but the end made it go down to 9/10. Also love how Kanna was the girl in chapter 1 and was featured at chapter 248. Awesome foreshadowings from the author.
Jun 1, 2016 3:04 AM

Mar 2014
Fucking fantastic! The amount of effort & thought Urasawa put into this is praiseworthy. Unfortunately, there are some unanswered questions for me which prevent me from giving it a perfect score and calling it Urasawa's masterpiece.

Otcho was my fave, and the close runner-up being Kanna.

9/10
Nov 11, 2016 12:29 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Beautigul manga, full of mistery and with a plot that catch you.
The ends is a little mild, and if i´m sincered, i wait more, but i read that continues in 21st Century boys, and this has made my happy.

Recommended.
955/1000.
Jul 4, 2017 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
Alright finally completed it, actually thought that this one will take me a month but surprisingly it took me only a week for its rollercoaster pace.

20th CB started off excitingly, a gripping pace with titbits from past to keep the readers engaged. Imo, the concept though may sound silly(it's childish anyway) was brilliantly executed so that the readers are constantly drawn in to search for the answers and clues. This continued till the death of the first "Friend" and the manga's quality was 9/9.5 until therethere, but Urasawa drove himself to a corner by the introduction of a second "Friend" and never quite brought the same quality back again. The only thing that kept on ticking is the mystery of the second "Friend" whom many people believed to be Fukubei and some questions unanswered, but the problem is that the readers are blueballed ultimately. And yes I know very well 21st CB explains that, but there are clearly not enough foreshadowings in the main series and one of the hints just feel shoehorned for the sake of it.

Another problem with the last half is that Kenji got bailed out quite hilariously by the power of his musical charisma(he would have been dead 3-4 times tbh), characters quite magically popping up out of grave which was quite expected(poor Mon chan tho), and introduction of new characters which clearly no one had interest in, like that of DJ. Also yeah, flying saucers and what not lol.

Now talking about the characters, perhaps I actually found them the strongest point of the series, with the exception of Kenji's character in the last half as I said. No doubt it matches his aspirations as a youth but was too convenient. I really liked Kanna's character, perhaps my favorite of the series along with Otcho, and most of the main cast was pretty great too.

I liked how the ending played out with Kanna even though it was underwhelming. Also Idk if it was only me, but some of the plotlines were quite predictable to Monster and Pluto, but more importantly, I called the identity of the First friend a long ago in the "Fukubei" chapter. I mean come on, that cheesy overdramatic confrontation, the golden rule of "not dead if body is not checked" and a number of clues gave it away for me.

I am sure Urasawa himself knows he could have done the ending better, maybe that's why he made a new ending a few months ago with its new release(still waiting for anyone to translate it).

Overall I am conflicted between 8/9, I will give it a 8 now since I gave 9 to Monster which is overall a more polished work imo, and maybe change it to 9 afterwards if I feel like it.
removed-userJul 4, 2017 2:36 PM
Jul 24, 2017 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
Gaaah. The hell mate. Urusawas works always leaves me brain fucked and bitter. The ending did feel a bit too rushed, like what happened to (fake) friend? Did he die, did I miss that happen,. Ugh hmm
I was sorta rooting for kanna and her mother's reunion too :<
But yeah... Despite alot of stuff being left unanswered it was quite a ride. I enjoyed the series throughoutly.
10/10
Now on to 21th century Boys.
Oct 15, 2017 11:34 PM

Jan 2017
Not quite satisfied with the ending, feels a bit rushed but I guess I'll just read the sequel. Anw, it's a great manga, I'll give it a 9/10.
Feb 10, 2018 6:01 AM

Nov 2016
Captivating like almost no other story and a great read overall,but it could've been even better if it weren't for the pacing issues and anticlimatic final.

Despite these flaws I can't see myself giving this anything less than an 8/10.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 2, 2018 5:59 AM
Nov 2014
Great manga but sadly i can't give it more than 7/10. Just because of the amount of unanswered question it left. And the characters that were left behing (mainly chouno). All i can hope is for the sequel to give me clear answer ES.
Dec 8, 2018 1:47 AM

May 2010
Way too many timeskips. I imagine this could've been amazing if they just stuck with the 1st timeline.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 26, 2019 2:27 PM

Aug 2008
The End? Kanna doesn't even get to meet her mother?
Sep 11, 2019 10:38 PM

Oct 2017
Ah an awesome end to a great manga. Im so happy Kanna and Kenji finally met again.
Jan 19, 2020 10:53 PM
Mar 2019
Ending has me conflicted but I think the journey was strong enough at least.
Jan 28, 2020 7:55 AM

Jun 2009
Saurian_X said:

I hope you realize that there a two more volumes after this and this isn't the ending.
Jan 29, 2020 6:42 PM
Mar 2019
grandy_UiD said:
Saurian_X said:

I hope you realize that there a two more volumes after this and this isn't the ending.

I take it that's 21st Century Boys?
Jan 29, 2020 11:00 PM

Jun 2009
Saurian_X said:

I take it that's 21st Century Boys?

Exactly. It's not so much a "sequel" as it's the final two volumes, just with a different name.
Mar 5, 2020 4:08 PM
Mar 2020
I didn't know where else to ask this so I'll post it here. Is fukube's lack of a face in chapters 173,174 just a way to foreshadow katsumata or is there another meaning behind it I missed? Also what was it that otcho and kenji saw that scared them in chapter 175? Was it just their reflection? Thanks in advance
Jan 17, 2021 4:08 PM
May 2020
VitaX said:
After finishing this manga, the ending wasn't quite what I had pictured. Though it was satisfying to some degree. I'll post my thoughts below:

My thoughts on 20th Century Boys:

- The introduction of Friend (1997) and how he relates to Kenji in the beginning was amazing and thrilling. One of the best introductions of a manga if not the best out there.

- Events up to "Bloody New Years Eve" (1997-2000) was done brilliantly. The 3 year time skip that showed how much the world had evolved and what happened to Kenji in that time period was awesome. And then going to face off against the robot on New Year's Eve was epic as well. I was a bit surprised this was done roughly 200 chapters before the end of the manga though because I had thought this was going to be the climax of the story.

- The time skip (2000-2014) at first had me concerned with where the story was going. But when Friend was revealed to have won the bout with Kenji and his scheme made him the savior of the world things were bound to get interesting. 1997-2000 was the getting ready to fight arc if I have to give an explanation of it. The time skip was more psychological as it dealt with "Friends" past and what happened exactly in the past. Skeptical for a while until Otcho and Yoshitune turned up badass as ever. I liked how both character's evolved into something much greater. I wasn't sure how I was going to adjust to 50 year olds saving the world now but it was more epic then the previous arc "Bloody New Years Eve". The introductions of Sadakiyo and Yamane were done brilliantly. I wasn't sure about this virtual world of 1970 at first but it turned out to be very interesting. The hanging hill and science room bits were explained in greater detail later on which was great. A thing that annoyed me for a while though as it was never truly explained was what exactly happened on "Bloody New Years Eve". Yeah we got to hear some vague stories from Yoshitune, Maruo, Kenji, and Otcho but it wasn't enough to satisfy me. I'm most curious about the face-off between Fukubei and Kenji on the robots. The most we ever got to see of that was Kenji saying "You...but you're dead." I was hoping we'd get more details on that part later on but I guess not. The death of Fukubei was surprising to say the least. But when he appeared again and saved the Pope's life I had thought it was just another one of tricks but...

-Final scene being the reunion of Kanna and Kenji wasn't a bad place to end. I was somewhat disappointed that the final scene wasn't with Kiriko as well. Overall I give it about a 9.6/10. One of the best manga's I've read. Would give a perfect 10 but I just didn't like how the story kept getting more and more jam packed with characters and having their character's being built upon and not having a real conclusion for them.

Exactly the same opinion herz
Jan 17, 2021 4:13 PM
May 2020
It was good manga but people saying it was amazing ? I don't understand. The last 50 chapters seemed like a rushed mess.and Urasawa introduced that secret new friend who was pissed at Kenji for a stupid reason.

It was really unneccessary and kinda ruined the manga as a whole

7/10. Before the second timeskip, it was the best intrigue and thriller manga. Sadakiyo's story and the mystery behind Fukubei was amazing but it went downhill
Mar 28, 2021 12:46 PM

Mar 2021
Wow this manga was a masterpiece. Actually one of the best manga I've ever read. 10/10
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Jun 7, 2021 9:36 AM
Oct 2016
If that was the actual ending it would have been incredibly weak especially after all that build up, almost all of the characters and plot threads either went nowhere or were given very unsatisfying conclusions. 21st Century Boys had better make up for that.

Other than that I've really enjoyed the series overall, even if it went on for too long. I liked the characters all the way through, but things in the main plot started to get repetitive.

I think what I love about Urasawa is his way of juggling the interlocking narratives of a huge cast of characters while the overarching plot progresses very subtly throughout, and of course his great art and designs.
Aug 6, 2021 2:10 AM

Sep 2020
that was a limp ending for an excellent manga, I guess everything will be cleared up in 21st century boys. My score is 9/10 It had its potholes here and there, but that's to be expected from a manga with over 200 chapters.....

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Sep 12, 2021 4:35 PM

Aug 2015
What a shitty ending. Most of the plot went nowhere, the series itself took a turn from conspiracy to surreal and the whole of humanity was really stupid. The replacement of Friend being in a sequel doesn´t make it any better, and neither Kenji or Fukubei were interesting in the end. The first 50 chapters were the best, but after the first timeskip it became "Plot convenience: the manga". The Friend era just didn´t make any kind of sense.

For being "The Magnum Opus" of Urasawa, this was really, heavily flawed. Also, Friend going from a mysterious politician to an obsessed child filled with jealosy was terrible. Even worse when they switched the dude for a nihilistic idiot.
Oct 1, 2021 5:18 AM
May 2020
a beautiful manga though the ending was a lil nuanced to say the very least but damn. wow
Apr 9, 2022 9:26 PM

Nov 2018
I don't know where else to say this. But fucking finally!!!! They changed the entry volume cover from vol 5 to the original vol 1. God bless 🙏🙏🙏
May 15, 2022 8:49 AM

Dec 2015
Exactly the ending that was to be expected since a tome or two. The intrigue is resolved very rapidly, and many things are left unexplained, wich is potentially better than weird half-baked justifications.
I don't mind, because it's a thriller and the goal was simply to entertain for its course, but it still barely feels like an end.

3/5

Overall:

Good suspense juggling past and present, with a great look at childhood and appealing characters (à la It). The change in hero for the second era was unfortunate but it partly recovered later, but ultimately the day-to-day writing (extending the group of comrades, resurfacing of others at weird positions, etc) & constant streak of turnabouts started to be exhausting in the last volumes (the third era, under Ami/Friend/Tomodachi's full reign).
Visually excellent, a nice implementation of humour (wich was most needed given the length and dramatic stakes the plot ended up playing), and most importantly an exciting and at times moving ride.

Score: 8/10
Enjoyment: 4~5
Opening the 21th Century Boys book is almost scary. Imagine it's an epilogue featuring a second, worst, conclusion?
Rei_IIIMay 15, 2022 9:02 AM
May 17, 2022 7:29 AM

Apr 2020
The game is over but it doesn't mean everything is done. Damn, didn't expect that cliffhanger. That's one of the reasons why I can't call this an ending :)

No gutalala sudalala in the concert :(. Page 24 was perfect tho!
DefeatingMeMay 17, 2022 7:57 AM
Jun 20, 2022 1:12 AM

May 2022
Still the best shit. Re-read the second time gives me a better insight on the story, and what Urasawa tried to convey.

"This is all a child play"

Where Kenji's group grows up, Fukube's group does not. They are still children in adult body. That explains the reason why how absurd, ridiculous and childish of these plans are.

I will give this manga a 10/10, a masterpiece.
Jul 14, 2022 10:48 AM
Oct 2020
It was good but then the last arc of friends era I just didn't enjoy as much. I think overall it's an 8/10 for me but I think it's an 8.9 so I'll round it up to 9/10. Very good manga but not a 10/10
Sep 18, 2022 12:53 PM
Aug 2018
This manga started off great - intriguing mysteries, interesting characters, hints that there is a deeper truth we're only scratching the surface of - but then once the readers are hooked it's time for papa Urasawa to relax and get paid. Enjoy watching him throw every last bit of world- and character-building into the trash just so he can drag this shit on for another 100 chapters with increasingly desperate cliffhangers whose resolution falls flat - if they get resolved at all. My favorite one of these is the end of a chapter that's like "AND THEN HE SAW SOMETHING... THAT COULD NOT EXIST IN THIS WORLD!!!" and then next chapter it's some dumb shit like a child's body with an adult's head on it. It's not clear whether he ever had a satisfying ending planned at any point but it sure as hell isn't what he delivered.
Nov 6, 2022 8:41 PM

Feb 2017
wait whaaaat,,, that was the ending???? i dont even know what to say. i have so many conflicting feelings rn. i loved the beginning and middle of this series, but idk i stopped enjoying this series as much as i used to and then around vol 20 i really truly stopped vibing w this series. it just wasn't feeling as good as it was near the beginning. the ending made me sad (though im happy that kenji and kanna + everyone else reunited) - for such a long series i was expecting a more satisfying ending.

this was a strong 10/10 for me for a while but the last few volumes were overall disappointing and honestly boring to read. i liked seeing all the flashbacks/scenes of them as kids and i loved kenji's group of friends, but this cast of characters started getting way too big at some point. so many things were dragged out , and i get the strange feeling that i'm forgetting some important plot lines,,, i am reading the character wikis online currently and i feel rlly dumb for forgetting so much stuff but at the same time like how am i supposed to remember when there's 50 million things happening in between of me questioning a scene and me receiving an answer to that scene.

aaa, kinda depressing that my frustrations are overshadowing what i loved about this manga. i'm estimating that this manga started falling off for me around when the friendship era began? i think? pretty much everything before that was so fun to read. i loved seeing the boys as kids and i loved when scenes were shown from different POVs (like hanging hill from kenji's POV and then fukube's POV later on, which answered my question as to who was standing behind the teru teru bozu). when they were first introducing the characters post-timeskip i was so hyped -- like the plot of otcho at the prison,, i really enjoyed reading that. i like koizumi's character as well. i'm forgetting a lot about sadakiyo because it's been a while since i read the story of him post timeskip (and pre timeskip too honestly) but he is probably one of the boys who's really up there for me,, i liked him a lot -- tho the disrespect @ me forgetting so much about his character :-( aaaa reminiscing about this stuff is making me want to go back and read the first 15 or so volumes,, this is still definitely one of my favourite manga no matter how boring i found the last part,, i can't trash this manga for a frustrating ending because so much of it was so fun to read

all in all i'm gonna miss reading this series but i'm happy to move on to something else. man it's been like 3 years for me , the series has been out for ages , i just took way to long to read this LMFAO

uhhh but i seen there's a 21st century boys which i honestly had not planned on reading but now i feel like i neeeed to. maybe we'll get the satisfying ending we deserve????

placeholder text
Nov 29, 2022 1:00 PM

Aug 2022
What a ride this has been. Now that I have finished it I can see what a masterpiece this is. Definitely one of my favourite mangas.
Dec 4, 2022 12:28 PM
Jul 2021
MANGÁ BOM DA PORRA
Jan 6, 2023 3:20 PM
Apr 2020
Some parts of the story are repetitive. But the whole I idea of it is chilling.
Kinda sad for the cliff hangar tho.
Jan 14, 2023 12:48 AM
Oct 2021
Amazing end to an amazing series
Jan 17, 2023 10:14 AM
Jan 2023
un cazzo di capolavoro, chi dice il contrario non penso abbia letto sto manga
Feb 7, 2023 1:44 AM
Sep 2022
The storytelling and characters are perfect. Everything was planned from the beginning with many clues. Peak fiction! 
Mar 10, 2023 9:44 PM
Feb 2021
it was good, i liked it.
Mar 20, 2023 9:32 AM
Mar 2023
very great manga.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 20th Century Boys Chapter 92 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 31, 2010

15 by Koldmotro »»
Apr 19, 3:40 AM

Poll: » 20th Century Boys Chapter 117 Discussion

Rasco - Mar 4, 2012

5 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 6:46 PM

Poll: » 20th Century Boys Chapter 110 Discussion

Zatoichi - Feb 19, 2009

11 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 11, 6:38 AM

Poll: » 20th Century Boys Chapter 99 Discussion

Naivette - Aug 8, 2011

6 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 10, 6:10 AM

Poll: » 20th Century Boys Chapter 81 Discussion

accela - Mar 19, 2008

12 by Ratris_Decision »»
Apr 9, 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.