Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime of Manga 'Kamisama Hajimemashita' Announced

New
Jul 2, 2012 10:10 PM

Feb 2008
According to Hana to Yume magazine, Suzuki Julietta's shoujo manga "Kamisama Hajimemashita" was announced to get a TV anime adaptation.

Staff
Director: Daichi Akitaro
Character Design: Yamanaka Junko ("Detective Conan")
Production Studio: TMS Entertainment

Sources: Cover of Hana to Yume, Scan2

Kamisama Hajimemashita on MAL
myanimelistllcFeb 19, 2016 9:39 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 2, 2012 10:14 PM
Mar 2010
HOLY LORD ARE YOU SERIOUS?
This...this HAS to be a dream....omg....is this real? OH GOD!!!!!!!!! first suki ii a yo, then tonari no kaibutsu kun and and now this? OMG!!!!!!!!

EDIT: God I can't even type properly. -_-

Anyway, now that I've calmed down, even though I'm really happy about this, I feel....will this anime sell? :/

I mean, its a great manga, but still....I seriously hope this sells well....
phoenixaliaJul 2, 2012 10:26 PM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 2, 2012 10:16 PM

Jun 2011
Oooh, the manga isn't too bad, although it isn't exceedingly good either.

Will be looking forward to it either way.
Jul 2, 2012 10:17 PM

Jul 2010
The dude looks pretty...

foxy.
Jul 2, 2012 10:20 PM
Jun 2011
Interesting. A little Cliché.

..But interesting!
Jul 2, 2012 10:24 PM

Jul 2010
oh man, pretty boys.

Jul 2, 2012 10:30 PM

Feb 2010
Oh, this sounds like an interesting little series. May be cashing in on the gap that Natsume has left behind, but still interesting.
Jul 2, 2012 10:33 PM

Jan 2011
Inu x boku season 2?
[center]
Jul 2, 2012 10:34 PM

Feb 2012
Shoujo....

Oh well, not much shoujo are released these days...I'll give it a shot.
Jul 2, 2012 10:36 PM
Feb 2011
I read this manga and it's quite good, so I'm really excited for this :D
Jul 2, 2012 10:40 PM
Aug 2010
Yesss, Jesus, yesss. That is wonderful.
Jul 2, 2012 10:42 PM

May 2010
YESYESYES!!!!!!

I've been hoping it would get a ANIME!!!

YESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <33

Can't wait! :D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Jul 2, 2012 11:15 PM

Aug 2010
Definitely saw this coming and I'm very glad it did. Now I get to look forward to Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte Iinayo, and this! So many shoujo anime lately, I hope they all do well.
Jul 2, 2012 11:22 PM
Mar 2010
CrystalLake said:
Definitely saw this coming and I'm very glad it did. Now I get to look forward to Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte Iinayo, and this! So many shoujo anime lately, I hope they all do well.

that's the thing isn't it? WILL it do well? Maid-sama did horribly, Love-com didn't do well either, Vampire Knight sold about only ~2.5k for the first DVD alone....

Itazura na Kiss sold LESS than 1000 copies...Special A sold so poorly that the sales data wasn't even available! T^T

those were the reasons I think they stopped making shoujo for a while. :/

so I AM kinda scared that it'll happen again and they'll stop making shoujo anime again...
phoenixaliaJul 2, 2012 11:39 PM
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 2, 2012 11:30 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
I heard good things about the manga. Will definitely watch this.
Jul 2, 2012 11:33 PM

Jan 2012
Well. That was expected xD
Jul 2, 2012 11:34 PM

Nov 2011
Nice, I'm interested in this.
Jul 2, 2012 11:37 PM

Aug 2011
The synopsis doesn't interest, will wait to see who is cast as they may change my mind.
Jul 2, 2012 11:45 PM

Jul 2010
YAY!!! More shoujo is always good news. I can't wait to find out the cast and which studio will be in charge! I hope this means fasters updates for the manga, too. :)
Jul 2, 2012 11:46 PM

Dec 2011
sweet will watch. Also bought the first 8 volumes last week as well.
Jul 3, 2012 12:07 AM

Oct 2011
From description it looks really weird
but director makes it interesting - creator of Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku
it may be interesting
Jul 3, 2012 12:08 AM

Jan 2010
YES ! YES ! YES !
I'm so happy ^______^
Jul 3, 2012 12:09 AM

Mar 2009
Not interested.
Jul 3, 2012 12:15 AM

Jul 2008
mitch3315 said:
The synopsis doesn't interest, will wait to see who is cast as they may change my mind.

The story is pretty good actually, i have read the 1st volume and i liked it, will definitely watch this anime.
Jul 3, 2012 12:29 AM

Mar 2008
Haven't read the manga, but the guy looks interesting with those ears.
Will try it out, seems like a lot of romance anime will air soon :3
Jul 3, 2012 12:38 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
WHAT???????????????? TOMOEEEEEEE, I'm finally going to see you in an anime \o/ *fangirls*
This makes me so happy :D I never thought this would make it but I rly like it as a manga (though slow at times) and damn I'm glad :D

Tomoe in youkai form<3 I wonder if they'll show that *-*
Jul 3, 2012 12:42 AM
Nov 2011
Shoujo? Ah, Finally! Yes please! :D
Jul 3, 2012 12:43 AM

Aug 2011
HTJHHJCJGGJJDGIJFXGFHHHJJ LORD, AM I DREAMING? SHOUJO MANGATO ANIME ADAPTIONS ARE RISING AGAIN AND THIS TIME IT'S KAMIHAJI. I AM SO HAPPY IT'S RIDICULOUUS. I CAN NO LONGER THINK OR TYPE COHERENTLY SOIMMA STOP NAO.
Jul 3, 2012 12:48 AM

Dec 2007
Dream come true! one of my favorite manga! Yay! more Shoujo!!
Jul 3, 2012 1:27 AM
Jun 2010
Oh. I am DEFINITELY going to watch this. *-*
Oh gosh it's finally sunk in. I think I might end up going into hyper fangirl mode. XD
I wonder who Tomoe's VA will be. Ah, Tomoe <3
But seriously, I really hope the anime does well ^^
Jul 3, 2012 1:29 AM

Jun 2011
I will try out the manga first then.....
Jul 3, 2012 1:38 AM

Feb 2008
VioLink said:
Inu x boku season 2?

hardly, but close.
Jul 3, 2012 1:40 AM

Aug 2009
GOD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

I used to read Suzuki Julietta's a lot when I was more into manga, and all her works were great!!!

Looking forward to this one a lot!!!!
Jul 3, 2012 1:49 AM
Mar 2010
AyaViva said:

But seriously, I really hope the anime does well ^^

you'd better hope it does well. :/ cuz if suki ii na yo, tonari no kaibutsu-kun and this anime sell like maid-sama or itazura na kiss or special A did, you can say good bye to shoujo romance anime for the next..5 years maybe?
Jul 3, 2012 1:59 AM
Jun 2010
Ah, but really, is hoping even going to help anyone? It's very evident that there is a lack of good shoujo anime out there. I mean, most of what I've seen makes me want to throw something at the characters. But with that said, even if we don't get anymore shoujo anime, we can always rely on our manga. And I know that it's rare for a quality shoujo anime like Kimi ni Todoke to come out every so often, and to be very honest, I'm not sure if Kamisama Hajimemashita can reach that level. It's a whole different theme, you know? It drives itself on comedy. So I hope it opens up a whole new door for comedy shoujo anime to do well. Ah, forget hoping. I'm seriously going to pray that it does well. It's time for shoujo anime to take center stage.
Jul 3, 2012 2:17 AM
Jun 2012
interesting plot... normal girl turned deity/land goddess. this is a new plot for me... i'm in.
Jul 3, 2012 2:18 AM
Feb 2012
YESYESYES!!!!!!
Jul 3, 2012 2:22 AM
Mar 2010
AyaViva said:
Ah, but really, is hoping even going to help anyone? It's very evident that there is a lack of good shoujo anime out there. I mean, most of what I've seen makes me want to throw something at the characters. But with that said, even if we don't get anymore shoujo anime, we can always rely on our manga. And I know that it's rare for a quality shoujo anime like Kimi ni Todoke to come out every so often, and to be very honest, I'm not sure if Kamisama Hajimemashita can reach that level. It's a whole different theme, you know? It drives itself on comedy. So I hope it opens up a whole new door for comedy shoujo anime to do well. Ah, forget hoping. I'm seriously going to pray that it does well. It's time for shoujo anime to take center stage.

yea I know we can always rely on our manga...:/ Does that mean we'll be ok without anime? :/ Not me.

and the things is, this manga doesn't sell that great in japan. :/

then again, natsume yuujinchou sells well, so maybe this one too? I dunno.

But usually most fantasy type shoujo romance manga are not made into anime now.

ah I'm not making sense....>_< Not to mention my mood has darkened because Arcana Familgia is not doing well...
Jul 3, 2012 2:30 AM

Feb 2012
i wish black bird become anime too
Jul 3, 2012 2:33 AM
Jun 2010
phoenixalia said:

yea I know we can always rely on our manga...:/ Does that mean we'll be ok without anime? :/ Not me.

ah I'm not making sense....>_< Not to mention my mood has darkened because Arcana Familgia is not doing well...

Oh no, really? Not even doing well in its own home country? That is rather worrying. I hope something horrible like it being discontinued or dropped doesn't happen. I know that there are lots of fans of this series out there. And we would be devastated if that were to happen D: At the very least, I hope the anime will bring even more fans and I really want the manga to keep going on for as long as the author wants it to.

Ah, but Natsume Yuujinchou is not a romance title. And once again, in a completely different category. It may be similar in some ways, but I don't really think that they're the same much. I don't know. Are they?

Wait, Arcana Famiglia is not doing well? But only one episode came out! That is rather sad. The first episode was interesting.
Jul 3, 2012 2:43 AM
Mar 2010
AyaViva said:
phoenixalia said:

Oh no, really? Not even doing well in its own home country? That is rather worrying. I hope something horrible like it being discontinued or dropped doesn't happen. I know that there are lots of fans of this series out there. And we would be devastated if that were to happen D: At the very least, I hope the anime will bring even more fans and I really want the manga to keep going on for as long as the author wants it to.

Ah, but Natsume Yuujinchou is not a romance title. And once again, in a completely different category. It may be similar in some ways, but I don't really think that they're the same much. I don't know. Are they?

Wait, Arcana Famiglia is not doing well? But only one episode came out! That is rather sad. The first episode was interesting.

well, not doing well in the sense, not selling like 100k or something. I think it does about 45k. It will never be cancelled but at the same time....well....its not THAT popular. The producers probably think it might follow Natsume yuujichou's path. I hope so.

and regarding arcana familgia, since its a twelve episode series, there will be 7 DVDs/BDs.

For an anime to do well, depending on its budget, but most have to have ~6k to be considered good sales.

and for an anime to not be considered a loss it has to sell at least ~2.5k copies...I think.
Arcana may not even reach ~1k. :/ Like I said, I tHINK its doing worse than Hiiro no Kakera.
Jul 3, 2012 2:47 AM
Jan 2011
So many shoujo lately.
But will it be good? The recent shoujos were horrible.
Well, I'll take a look at the manga then.
Jul 3, 2012 2:49 AM
Jun 2010
phoenixalia said:

well, not doing well in the sense, not selling like 100k or something. I think it does about 45k. It will never be cancelled but at the same time....well....its not THAT popular. The producers probably think it might follow Natsume yuujichou's path. I hope so.

and regarding arcana familgia, since its a twelve episode series, there will be 7 DVDs/BDs.

For an anime to do well, depending on its budget, but most have to have ~6k to be considered good sales.

and for an anime to not be considered a loss it has to sell at least ~2.5k copies...I think.
Arcana may not even reach ~1k. :/ Like I said, I tHINK its doing worse than Hiiro no Kakera.

Well, as long as it's not cancelled, I'm pretty content with staying with my UNpopular manga. :)

Oh wow, you know your stuff XD

I heard that Hiiro no Kakera is doing terrible. And if Arcana really is doing worse than it, or as bad as it, that would just be, well, bad...
Jul 3, 2012 2:57 AM
Mar 2010
AyaViva said:

Well, as long as it's not cancelled, I'm pretty content with staying with my UNpopular manga. :)

Oh wow, you know your stuff XD

I heard that Hiiro no Kakera is doing terrible. And if Arcana really is doing worse than it, or as bad as it, that would just be, well, bad...

hehe thank you but this is all thanks to jmal. he's my guru. :3 well, hiiro no kakera disappointed many fans since
1.character designs were completely changed
2.animation was sub-standard
3.many VAs for characters were changed.
4.not giving enough spotlight to all the guys.

but I was hoping Arcana would do another hakouki....guess not. and I'm getting seriously off topic here.
Jul 3, 2012 3:06 AM

Dec 2011
french editor of Kamisama Hajimemashite says anime will start this fall
https://twitter.com/AKATAmanga/status/220066313622659072
Jul 3, 2012 3:17 AM
Mar 2010
Tr1ckR said:
french editor of Kamisama Hajimemashite says anime will start this fall
https://twitter.com/AKATAmanga/status/220066313622659072

oh great. -_- We already have kaibutsu-kun and sukii ii na yo competing and now this one too? -_-

Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to fall anime but with three shows to choose from...will the female otaku who already only buy a pittance, buy all three series? D:
Jul 3, 2012 3:27 AM
Dec 2011
YAY! >< Nowadays, many of my favourite manga has and anime adaptation!
Jul 3, 2012 3:36 AM

May 2010
Another shoujo?! I'm so in!
Jul 3, 2012 3:45 AM

Jun 2009
Looks like generic shoujo stuff, rather unappealing. I will check it out though, Inu x Boku turned out to be a fun ride so this could as well.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 3, 2012 3:46 AM
Jun 2010
phoenixalia said:

hehe thank you but this is all thanks to jmal. he's my guru. :3 well, hiiro no kakera disappointed many fans since
1.character designs were completely changed
2.animation was sub-standard
3.many VAs for characters were changed.
4.not giving enough spotlight to all the guys.

but I was hoping Arcana would do another hakouki....guess not. and I'm getting seriously off topic here.

Isn't it obvious though when there is an anime adaptation that the characters designs will change? Some even more than others. I think the problem with Hiiro no Kakera is that it's incredibly slow. And people who are used to fast-paced shows will definitely be put off by it. Well even the fact that it's a reverse harem can put people off XD

Would do another Hakuouki? What does that mean exactly? Do you perhaps mean in being successful, perhaps? And yeah, we really are getting off-topic here. XD

And about Sukitte Ii Na Yo, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Kamisama Hajimemashita all being aired in fall, you sure they're not trying to pit them together to see which one comes out as champion? XD Well, whatever it is, I will definitely follow all three really closely. Which is something for me to say, actually, considering that I have a lot of trouble keeping up with anime. But this will be the first shoujo anime that I'll be following as it gets released. Ah, I'm so excited XD
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
1 minute ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
27 minutes ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
4 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Today

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
6 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.