MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. »» Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
View Poll Results: Chouyaku Hyakuninisshu: Uta Koi. Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

40 37.74%
4 out of 5: Liked it

37 34.91%
3 out of 5: It was OK

21 19.81%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

5 4.72%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 2.83%
Voters: 106

07-03-12, 12:22 PM

i like it so far hope it doesn't start to bore me later!

07-03-12, 12:39 PM

Not sure what to think of this so far. Having an anime about such a rich part of Japan's culture is really interesting, but at the same time I'm not entirely sure yet that it's suited to the medium either. First part was the better of the two. Found the deformed face comedy a little awkward, didn't really feel right in this kind of storytelling. Overall I liked it though.

07-03-12, 1:09 PM

That was VERY enjoyable. Romantic<33

07-03-12, 1:25 PM

I find this anime really hard to connect to because I do not know any of the poems.
I understand that the anime is explaining the meanings of poems. But still, it doesn't mean anything when I don't know the poems...

07-03-12, 1:42 PM

hikky said:
I felt that the stories were too short and the characters too under-developed so I couldn't get into it so far.
Have to agree, but the first one was generally fine and awesome that they started with the poem from Chihaya's best card.

07-03-12, 2:13 PM

Honestly it was Chihayafuru that made me really consider this, though I did plan to try it out sometime anyway. I'm glad that it wasn't serious and boring, but something a little refreshing from Fujiwara's intro right at the start. The OP and ED are also good!

For the actual romances, they were enjoyable but the episode wasn't fantastic. I really like the art, though, and nonetheless I will continue to watch the series. It left a good first impression.

Impassionate gods have never seen the red that is the Tatsuta River~

G-O-L-F-dub-A-N-G

07-03-12, 2:14 PM

Well this is interesting. It's true half an episode's time is quite short to develop the characters, but I felt it did that quite well in both parts. I doubt all of the 100 poems have interesting stories behind them, and I'm assuming they'll just focus on the more fascinating ones. This one worked because the two stories are somewhat connected, but I'd prefer if they kept to one per episode. But that itself may be hard considering the source of these stories.

07-03-12, 2:35 PM

Action is my favorite genre but this is the best new show so far.

I think i like it a lot more because its doing my favorite history of japan the Heian period.

It also seems like a Seinen also one of my favorite genre in anime. So no more stupid shy school kids. lol

I liked all the music so far. I just hope it keeps doing this great pace.

07-03-12, 2:38 PM

Pretty interesting :3

07-03-12, 2:46 PM

This was weird, but still interesting in a good way. Will continue for now :)

The OP was very good. The ED was utter garbage.

3/5

Are you sexy as f*ck? If yes, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Join MAL's sexiest users!!!!!

07-03-12, 3:10 PM

NavyCherub said:
Not much of a romantic, I see.

Nope, never have been. Its unbelievably rare when there's a couple/romance in an anime that I actually care about.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes.
There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." - Revelation 21:4

07-03-12, 3:21 PM

It appeals to my girlish senses, but it's honestly not that interesting. If the one-episode characters would have more depth, like in Mushishi, I would be able to enjoy it more. Anyway though, this is just a bunch of people loving each other, rather than something more meaningful. Oh well, it'll be fun for a while. I like the poems.

Maybe I'll have to drop it later, but right now I'll keep watching.
Takeuchi said:
We never did anything wrong. Just...time has passed and changed it all. Promises to tears. Vows to wounds. A dear person...into a wonderful memory inside the eternity.

07-03-12, 4:59 PM

It wasn't bad, but there was barely development. They could have spent the whole episode on Narihira x Takaiko, rather moving to his brother.

Overall, I liked the atmosphere...

07-03-12, 6:25 PM

Chihaya poem! Woot! I'm sure most Chihayafuru fans will watch this simply because of the poems.

As for me i did enjoy this. It has its charm. The meeting between the two brothers gave me a good laugh, although the wacky-ness of the first love story did remove some of the romanticism and serious vibes from it.
The art is nice to look at.

OP was nice. WTF at the ED though. The melody was sort of appropriate but the random rap was very out of place.

07-03-12, 7:28 PM

Vyudali said:
Chihaya poem! Woot! I'm sure most Chihayafuru fans will watch this simply because of the poems.

I watched this because of Chihayafuru :D

07-03-12, 8:27 PM

Onigiri_Otaku said:
Vyudali said:

I watched this because of Chihayafuru :D

yeay!me too!!
when i see the woman wearing crimson, i know immediately that chihaya's best card will come out

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-

07-03-12, 8:42 PM

In 15 minutes, this episode told a better love story then Twilight.

And yes, the only reason I'm interested was from Chihayafuru. xD

07-03-12, 8:57 PM
Forum Moderator
I think Chihayafuru not only built a big chunk of the audience for this show, but probably has created some buzz around the 100 poets and Heian period in general. If this keeps up I'll have to blow off the dust from my copy of The Tale of Genji and actually finish it. I think it will be worth watching just to absorb the culture of court life at that time--although I'll also appreciate the romance since seduction seems to have been one of the major forms of entertainment for both men and women in the Heian period.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

07-03-12, 10:18 PM

So little people watching this o.o

Well, I liked the visuals and music.

Gonna keep watching because of this.

The story and comedy weren't that great.

I give a 3.

07-03-12, 10:37 PM

Interesting story.. and the ED is indeed out of place but still catchy..
the poems reminds me of Chihayafuru *smiles*

Modified by rebelakuma, 07-03-12, 10:47 PM

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices