MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 2 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse »» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 2 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

126 62.69%
4 out of 5: Liked it

41 20.40%
3 out of 5: It was OK

23 11.44%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 1.49%
1 out of 5: Hated it

8 3.98%
Voters: 201

07-08-12, 8:32 PM

lol I knew from the start all of those girls will die, remind me of Ga Rei Zero:

But really, I'll never understand the military in anime. Why they always let high school girls fight in a robot knowingly that girls in that age tends to be... uh... emotional/sensitive? That's not a very good idea to protect the citizen eh?
Modified by Luna_, 07-14-12, 8:55 PM

07-08-12, 8:45 PM

Hot damn. So Nasty.

My stomach felt it just went up a bit at the sight of cute girls getting eaten by grotesque creatures. I already expected this when I watch a few scenes of MLA on youtube. Thought, I already expect this scenes and that where just gonna count who'll survive. For once, I appreciate the censors here.

Not saying I hate the series. My feelings are mixed. The other half is saying to stay away while the other is wants more. Though I have to warn myself that I shouldn't get attach to the characters right away.

I'll just watch this once the series is complete.
Modified by Magito, 07-08-12, 8:58 PM

07-08-12, 9:09 PM

If this episodes shows what the rest of the anime is going to be like then I might not give up on it lol. I bet they where thinking well this anime is going to suck so let's make an over the top episode were the all die haha.

07-08-12, 9:11 PM

bonifide said:
I was actually laughing to be honest and wasnt surprised. I knew all of them would die. This was much better than 1st episode.

I knew every time one person got happy or lost their composure they was dead. I saw it 2 many times in animes.
bonifide said:
I was actually laughing to be honest and wasnt surprised. I knew all of them would die. This was much better than 1st episode.

I knew every time one person got happy or lost their composure they was dead. I saw it 2 many times in animes.

My favorite one was when "Yes I lasted 8 minutes you motherlovers" then dies XD. Man they are the worst mecha pilots in history I swear. I thought it was just that the mechas they used sucked, but nope it is the pilot that sucks so bad xD.

07-08-12, 9:13 PM

amc9988 said:
lol I knew from the start all of those girls will die, remind me of Ga Rei Zero where they kill all the characters in the first episode and then left us with stupid lesbian characters in the next episode.

But really, I'll never understand the military in anime. Why they always let high school girls fight in a robot knowingly that girls in that age tends to be... uh... emotional/sensitive? That's not a very good idea to protect the citizen eh?

I have no idea lol. They actually weren't supposed to quote unquote fight, but backup the front line lol. Then front line got SOL and then they became the front line.

07-08-12, 9:29 PM

I wouldn't expect anyone, not even the main cast that will be introduced in the next episode, to survive in MuvLuv. They are all going to die, just a matter of when and how.

07-08-12, 10:04 PM

jeroz said:
Guess some people here can't stand the cruelty of war

that's okay, it's not like we are manlier than you or anything.

Or maybe some people can't stand shitty plot, dialogue, and characters.

It's on the same level as "Starship Trooper" was. It's soo bad that it's comical. Funny thing is, "Starship Troopers" meant for their movie to have a level of self-deprecation to induce humor. The Sad part is, I think Muv Luv was trying to be serious.

I was waiting for someone to go "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better."

07-08-12, 10:30 PM

Cirris said:
jeroz said:
Guess some people here can't stand the cruelty of war

that's okay, it's not like we are manlier than you or anything.

Or maybe some people can't stand shitty plot, dialogue, and characters.

It's on the same level as "Starship Trooper" was. It's soo bad that it's comical. Funny thing is, "Starship Troopers" meant for their movie to have a level of self-deprecation to induce humor. The Sad part is, I think Muv Luv was trying to be serious.

I was waiting for someone to go "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better."
Or maybe characters weren't acting cute enough and the plot wasn't amazing like some walk-talking cute little ghost with awesome cheesy dialogue that could turn any stone-man into a living creature.
"A Legend is just a tale of a beautiful lie." - Lene Starfear

07-08-12, 10:50 PM

I was expecting the hime-cut girl to live at least. Lolz at all the censoring too. But damn, a timeskip already?

The animation is still pretty god awful.

07-08-12, 11:41 PM

amc9988 said:

The world setting is where Most of the mainland is wiped out already (India and China combined already contains 1/3 of the worlds population) so there are only 1 billion left on the planet. Japan became the frontlines after the Korean Peninsula fell, so conscripting women and girls became a priority due to the high casualty rate.

07-08-12, 11:41 PM

shadowtsunami said:
If this episodes shows what the rest of the anime is going to be like then I might not give up on it lol. I bet they where thinking well this anime is going to suck so let's make an over the top episode were the all die haha.

Nah, what's carrying this show is the fan base, and to a lesser extent the newcomers. The show is currently the second most pre-ordered show this season, under Horizon.

And no, don't expect SAO to out sell this. I mean hey it's possible but if you know anything about sales and Japanese taste than you would know that this is right up their alley.

07-09-12, 12:16 AM

Some disturbing moments. I hate seeing girls being eaten up or blown up.
Sad she didnt shot her but she was killed immediately from that monster.
6/5 for this ep

07-09-12, 1:00 AM

Kivos said:
shadowtsunami said:

Nah, what's carrying this show is the fan base, and to a lesser extent the newcomers. The show is currently the second most pre-ordered show this season, under Horizon.

And no, don't expect SAO to out sell this. I mean hey it's possible but if you know anything about sales and Japanese taste than you would know that this is right up their alley.

It's because the fanbase most likely just want to throw the money so they could see a properly animated muv luv original trilogy (or another warm up side stories). Just look at the budget that they have, it's painfully obvious that this show has a very low budget (in contrast to what they expect).

But well, with that budget, this episode still could portrait the fearsome BETA in action, and a good glimpse of Takemikazuchi. 4/5, and now into the main story.

07-09-12, 1:24 AM

zeroyuki92 said:
Kivos said:
shadowtsunami said:

It's because the fanbase most likely just want to throw the money so they could see a properly animated muv luv original trilogy (or another warm up side stories). Just look at the budget that they have, it's painfully obvious that this show has a very low budget (in contrast to what they expect).

But well, with that budget, this episode still could portrait the fearsome BETA in action, and a good glimpse of Takemikazuchi. 4/5, and now into the main story.

what are people expecting? A Fate Zero budget? Even with Fate Zero's budget it had it's flaws. Anyways the main storyline hasn't even started and people are already moaning. Looks like they dumped out the possibility of a naive and idealistic protagonist. Hopefully watching her classmates get blown apart and eaten is enough to keep it that way.

07-09-12, 1:29 AM

So cruel and insane episode :/ I bet more of these are coming :D
I'm not sure is this right thing to say, but I would enjoyed more watch this episode without censors.

I can understand why it can be so hard to kill other human, but still Yui didn't shoot even she was told to do so.
(To prevent suffering being eaten)

Maybe next time new characters? :o

5/5

07-09-12, 1:56 AM

This ep was AMAZAZING!

And I just preordered my MLA TE BD's only to find out it might be going for 24 eps!

This may be gross what I'm about to write and I apologize if I put/pissed anyone off but...I just jizzed in my pants XD from this ep.

07-09-12, 1:57 AM

Gaichi said:
So cruel and insane episode :/ I bet more of these are coming :D
I'm not sure is this right thing to say, but I would enjoyed more watch this episode without censors.

I can understand why it can be so hard to kill other human, but still Yui didn't shoot even she was told to do so.
(To prevent suffering being eaten)

Maybe next time new characters? :o

5/5

Yeah next time will be the main dish, Yuuya Bridges aka Top Gun lol.
Disappointed that they didnt use this song for the opening : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m35bTVBe0yI

07-09-12, 2:18 AM

Wish those death scenes weren't censored :|

07-09-12, 2:36 AM

A much better episode than the previous one. Those aliens remind me so much of Gnosis from Xenosaga.

07-09-12, 2:48 AM

Wasabi said:
I was expecting the hime-cut girl to live at least. Lolz at all the censoring too. But damn, a timeskip already?

The animation is still pretty god awful.

The timeskip is mostly because this two episodes are anime original content. Nothing of this episodes is in the light novels, that's why I wouldn't advise anyone drop this until the actual light novel content arrives.

Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices