Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2012 10:48 AM
Jan 2011
Who other then me thinks this show would be a lot better without this whole your bothers inside you bullshit? this whole thing just pisses me off and I think the series would be better of without it.
Jul 1, 2012 1:18 PM

Dec 2008
I second that
Jul 1, 2012 1:43 PM
Feb 2008
Well, let's say it could have been handled in a better way.
Jul 1, 2012 1:52 PM

Dec 2011
I just don't like it when Suguru's spirit possesses Kakeru's body.. I think it'd be a lot better if all of Kakeru's achievements were by his own ability.
It doesn't bother me when Kakeru's heart starts pumping and the idea is that Suguru is excited, or that he becomes motivated to do the best he can because of what happened/because of the idea that Suguru is still with him; after all Suguru and the heart transplant are both big parts of the story.
Jul 1, 2012 2:29 PM

Jan 2012
I agree, all that Suguru mode annoys me.

Jul 20, 2012 7:55 PM

Jul 2012
Agreed. :O Hope there's more epic Kakeru plays instead of Suguru-inside-Kakeru plays.
Aug 3, 2012 10:02 PM

Mar 2012
I completely agree with you on that. >.<

-Rant starts here-

I hate the fact that the anime keeps rubbing dead Suguru on our faces. It makes it look as if Kakeru didn't work hard for it. Plus, the anime didn't show Kakeru's own progression to be stronger in the sport, he won almost all the games because of the 'personality switch'(I don't want to call it being possessed, that's lame and I don't think Suguru's soul is living in Kakeru's body).
-sighs- I really wish they had shown more of how Kakeru observed his older brother... which is the true cause of him becoming better at soccer. Yet there are annoying characters who's obsessed with Suguru(that foreigner... ugh). Don't get me wrong, I like Suguru because he was a great character until he died, in fact, I cried when he died. His game plays are also a lot more engaging, his character really is wasted. But that's the plot, what can I do?

-Rant ends here-
Aug 3, 2012 11:40 PM

May 2010
I'm totally agreed, TOTALLY!
Aug 18, 2012 4:32 AM
Mar 2012
I kinda agree on this, though I loved the light drama from his death, I think he died too soon in the plot, he should have died when there was more shown of him, because he was only important in the first two episodes, the shock of him dying wasn't as big as it should have been. And his death revolves around Sugure too much, the protagonist is Kakeru, right?

Anyway, the part of him dying could have been handled better, I don't even want to start on all the things that could have been better, although I do say that it is still my favourite football show as of now, so much potential.
Sep 28, 2012 12:10 AM

Nov 2010
Karpman said:
I kinda agree on this, though I loved the light drama from his death, I think he died too soon in the plot, he should have died when there was more shown of him, because he was only important in the first two episodes, the shock of him dying wasn't as big as it should have been. And his death revolves around Sugure too much, the protagonist is Kakeru, right?
You obviously haven't watched Cross Game.

I completely agree, it got old the second he did it. I hate when the main character is praised for something as his own work when really it's like someone else did it. And I know they have explained it as, that's really Kakeru's potential from having watched his brother. But too many people are interested in him for the reason alone, and I hate it when people overestimate the main for no reason, since he still sucks compared to most of the people.

The whole my brother's heart is in my body and I will win the world cup for him sounds cool. But him actually believeing that his brother takes over his body is ridiculous, why would I want to watch someone who is not the main character play the game. I want to see him grow.
Dec 16, 2012 11:07 PM

Mar 2010
I found myself banging my head against the computer every time he entered 'sugure mode'. Esecially the match where he did that middle shot at that key point he would of never actually done that on his own. The only time it didn't bother me was when its was more of his brother giving him advice well remembering the advice that was nice but other then that it was just retarded watching the dead guy play....

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Dec 18, 2012 8:02 PM
Nov 2009
I think by having this "suguru mode" they have actually taken away the most important parts of the shounen genre...where the main character keeps growing stronger....I actually preferred it when kakeru's eye-size and such didnt change but he was constantly reminded by what his brother taught him...that is much better than seeing his brother completely taking over his body where his own eye size changes even his voice and how he acts around other people...its ridiculous. I hope there aren't gonna be more of these body possession occurrences...don't think anyone would like having their own body possessed and not remember exactly what they were doing....having your life lived by someone else wtf?
Jan 26, 2013 12:29 AM
Aug 2009
Welp after this thread, i joined the Suguru Mode hate fan club.
Kinda make sense

More topics from this board

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Fantassy - Sep 28, 2012

70 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 2:39 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2012

24 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 18, 2022 3:04 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2012

31 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 18, 2022 1:07 PM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2012

20 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 15, 2022 11:11 AM

Poll: » Area no Kishi Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2012

17 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 15, 2022 10:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.