MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse »» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
View Poll Results: Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

67 37.02%
4 out of 5: Liked it

45 24.86%
3 out of 5: It was OK

42 23.20%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

18 9.94%
1 out of 5: Hated it

9 4.97%
Voters: 181

07-03-12, 3:19 AM

I dont hate it or love it

Has potential

4/5

07-03-12, 4:16 AM

Not bad I think this could be interesting

07-03-12, 5:00 AM

It was a kind of slow because nothing happened until the end, though it's understandable since they were trying to show the girls' daily lives until the tragedy happened (that's why it's titled Part 1). Lots of questions are raised, but I'll take my time finding out the answers

07-03-12, 6:35 AM
Forum Moderator
Not what i was expecting but not disappointed either it reminded me of the Gunparade March Arata Naru Kougunka and not of Muvluv Unlimited which i read the manga of.
Tho this is only the start and things can change.

The main character looks appealing tho.

07-03-12, 5:41 PM

Nice animation , the start was preety enjoyable , so I'll continue to watch it even if it's not my kind of anime xD

07-03-12, 8:39 PM

Not what I was expecting, since I've played the VNs. How could people be so carefree on MLA world? Even before Japan was invaded, they were already at war for years... even the school uniforms were kind of military-like in the game.
But even though the mood felt wrong, it all makes sense if you know the scenario, so I guess it's not too bad... and it seems they are about to get serious next. I believe the first episode was just to create the "Muv-Luv Extra effect": see the characters in a happy life first to show by contrast how serious things get later.

I didn't really like the episode (too soon to judge the series), but I guess the real problem was for people who don't know the series. They left out some important explanations, but also some important aspects that define the scenario (mild SPOILERS ahead): how much the TSFs shake when moving (to the point where people without proper equipment might die from nausea alone), why they decided to use mechas (aircraft was rendered useless), the weapons and systems used (thought detection? Energy weapons? Force shields? Not in this series... watch out for your ammo!), the standardization of the TSFs (personal mecha for your aces? That's not practical for mass production...), etc.

07-03-12, 9:07 PM

Someone should make an AMV to this with this song

I would LITERALLY contemplate lol if I found it to be funny >.>

07-03-12, 11:36 PM

I think it's fine. And interesting since I'm into these genres.

On another note: Why don't they make their mecha have energy shields? Everything's freaking cooler with them. They wouldn't have to worry about taking a hit or two from those laser blasts thingies if their mechas had them installed -.-
Even NGE had AT fields at least... (Yeah I know it's based on a VN series. But still. Energy shields are cool)

07-04-12, 12:12 AM

Genix said:
I think it's fine. And interesting since I'm into these genres.

On another note: Why don't they make their mecha have energy shields? Everything's freaking cooler with them. They wouldn't have to worry about taking a hit or two from those laser blasts thingies if their mechas had them installed -.-
Even NGE had AT fields at least... (Yeah I know it's based on a VN series. But still. Energy shields are cool)

Major spoilers, click at your own risk.

07-04-12, 12:40 AM

Well after watching I feel like playing the Alternative VN again ^^

07-04-12, 10:01 AM

5/5 for it. It got nice art and music. The story looks promising. Looks like we can expect 24 episodes for this, considering this is all a huge prologue (Looking from the synopsis)

07-04-12, 1:30 PM

Nice start, sadly it's all girls controlling Mechs again, sigh
Are they using a dildo or boobs to navigate

07-04-12, 2:28 PM

4/5
It's not a brand new one, but has potential

07-04-12, 7:16 PM

The start wasn't that bad... I think. As for its full action and story pack are really good IMO due to its Seinen atmosphere. Has potential. Haven't read the VN but guess the anime won't be screwing up to much if it follows the original storyline.

07-04-12, 7:16 PM

Kind of rushed but nothing too hard to grasp. Mecha's look slow and useless. xD

07-04-12, 8:02 PM

Already dropped, weak fanservice mechan shit

-El Psy Congroo!!

07-04-12, 8:48 PM

Day2Dream said:
Kind of rushed but nothing too hard to grasp. Mecha's look slow and useless. xD

They are old models, wait till they show Active Eagle, Shiranui and Takemikazuchi.
1lau said:
Nice start, sadly it's all girls controlling Mechs again, sigh
Are they using a dildo or boobs to navigate

This is a depression and despair type anime, so don't expect moe ecchi things in here.
Kaminator said:
Already dropped, weak fanservice mechan shit

Don't drop if you're mecha fan dude, I dont know what's gonna happen but let's wait and see how this show goes in the future.
Modified by liemtodaisu, 07-04-12, 8:55 PM

07-05-12, 6:55 AM

1lau said:
Are they using a dildo to navigate

considering that the main character is a guy, i would love to see that to be true

07-05-12, 1:56 PM

They did a really piss poor job of explaining the world for those who haven't read the VN.

07-05-12, 4:44 PM

antonn said:
They did a really piss poor job of explaining the world for those who haven't read the VN.

Well I kinda expected it since it is a anime adaptation not everything is going to work out.

Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices