3It was OK
23.8%
2Disliked it
8.6%
1Hated it
5.2%
Average 3.8
210 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2012 10:09 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SPECTACULAR START! AMAZING! Rinne will seriously GTFO from this. In fact I fear for Rinne losing money over this. This is AMAZING! I SCREAM IN EXCITEMENT! If there is one thing to look forward in terms of ecchi, serious shit, mecha and high quality to boot along it's this series. LOOK NO FURTHER!

Moreover the creator combine the Lunar Landing + Rumors of Aliens there to = this series which proved some of its fear on me. I rate this 9 NOW! Let's hope it does not go down and that it may even enter the 10 despite its rather obvious fan service of suits and body parts of girls. However it got one thing! TASTE! It's not stupid shit like in DxD, the girls are actually appealing in a smart way. Don't know if you can catch my ecchi senses here in not a stupid fashion compared to other ecchi shows and their setups of it that make ecchi stupid for its nature. This series does the opposite it makes it smart in how it shows for now as of this episode. Now this has my full attention so the following is what I offer to make people want to watch this series.

About the beginning, it was rather very well done and scary to say the least in the spoiler
with the a Lunar landing and the dates being pretty realistic themselves. It’s of no surprise how it got me into it.

The girls, their designs in the spoiler
remind me a little of Ikkitousen ones but that’s all cool cause I missed that one and the designs are serious in nature. I kind had to ROFL at the spoiler
the skirts of the girls going like that and a focus on them. Intro of Yui was nice.

The first mechs, were nice to see in the following,

I liked them a lot. It really astonished me how well they are done. Mouthwatering to say the least.

The facility ground, was well designed in the spoiler
among its merits the class looks similar to the ones of Strike Witches a little but I think it’s more standard Uni type. Love the guy with eye patch he reminds me of other characters and it suits his type in this series. It was to see Mechs being fixed around the facility in the spoiler
along with the girl having a letter from her lover. Now what is good about it is that it melds all into a nice setting for now.

Yui Takamura, is quite a nice girl and certainly it was nice to see more of the city along with her interactions with another classmate in the spoiler
among the merits car type and eye design of her classmate.

Things get much more interesting with Yui blushing in the spoiler
along with having a nice intro to a high commander from the looks of the portraits. His scar sure show how much of wreck his face got.

Of the Shrine Maiden, it’s to see a new design from the commander being introduced it was far more enticing to seeing that new girl in the spoiler
she is very nice looking. Her dress has a nice design.

About the fan service, the fan service is excellent in the spoiler
not intimidating with the suits but very nice to look around. It also proves body parts are not feared to be shown from blanked privates to breasts and showing their shape, I would say it’s better than Symphogear in that aspect. That being said it’s smartly shaped.

Furthermore it does shy away in showing the girl in the spoiler
her features even with the suit on which all seemed to flow since it’s her suit to fight.

Of the practice, it was really nice in the spoiler
at first with all the mechas being so well designed it seems realistic of them. However looks like one girl is not handling shit around well. There are also some who can’t seem to run well in their suits. However the best I find of this part is the spoiler
that tells of its details.

Now back at the barracks, the commander showed a rather nicer facade of himself in the spoiler
instead of being serious and a little exploration of the dorms happens until SHIT HITS THE FANS in the spoiler
a rather sad accident but this part proves that blood will not be an issue and it shall be there when shit happens. The glasses girl is shown again not digesting all this too well. Little she knows she will be bait for monsters like the girls in Blood-C if she does not get better at dealing with trauma.

WOW TIME SKIP 1 YEAR! Shit I did not think they would do it in the spoiler
but from 1997 to 1998? Shit why 1 year skip? Anyway attack is happening! ALIENS ARE BACK! SHIT! I can see also the girls with the glasses in the spoiler
might have lost her lover. She is really messed up now. If anything get the Aliens who did this to him! Even if she dies at least she can be with him in heavens.

Evacuation and attack patterns in the spoiler
are splendid and well done. Truly immersing in themselves. I was still glued to the screen.

The girls preparing, in the spoiler
had some nice variations I liked from their serious faces to how they prepare themselves among them the glasses girl revenge for her lover.

The main first attacks along with the tank in the spoiler
were nice. Camo well done. Laser firing and damage nicely shown. HQ along with inside and explosions with Mech fights splendid!

The final scramble, in the spoiler
revealed some rather amazing Yui facials but Mecha designs too. Among them the following,

Group one is nice! The firing sequence of the launch along with the new faces I see in the spoiler
promises a nice episode 2 fight to come. It will be amazing!
DO NOT DROP THIS! YOU WILL REGRET IT! This is aimed at being a 10 and I see that.

So one can see I have nothing but positive of this series. Here's to a nice summer 2012!
Yumekichi11Jul 1, 2012 11:14 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 1, 2012 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Rinne will seriously GTFO from this. In fact I fear for Rinne losing money over this. This is AMAZING! I SCREAM IN EXCITEMENT! If there is one thing to look forward in terms of ecchi, serious shit, mecha and high quality to boot along it's this series. LOOK NO FURTHER!

Disagree.

Although both series have some similarities with action and mecha, these two anime are not too alike. For one thing, Rinne no Lagrange focuses more on friendship with a somewhat serious plot. Both series does have apocalyptic themes but it seems that this one is much more serious. Rinne no Lagrange also has gags while this series has more of the dramatic side as it seems as of now.

So, these two series are actually a bit different in terms of entertainment. Rinne no lagrange for more of the fun side while Muv-luv is more into the apocalypse genre. Also, idk why you rated this a "9" based on the first episode as its almost impossible to tell the basis of an entire series based on its pilot.

Now I don't know about the sales but I just don't see how Rinne will be "losing money over this" series.

In conclusion: Rinne is not going to get "gtfo" from this, at least from my point of view especially part 2 as I can see quite a story starting to develop compared to part 1 although some viewers may have put-on hold for part 2 as the ways that part 1 of Rinne no Lagrange played down was a bit slow. As a fan of Rinne no Lagrange, that's how I feel :P
Stark700Jul 1, 2012 10:48 AM
Jul 1, 2012 10:52 AM

Nov 2007
I totally forgot about this airs at the same time and TV channel as Aquarion Evol.

Beta, the enemy (alien), is the target of the battle on space.

Looks kind of interesting.

School setting, too? And bunches of girls. Then suddenly becoming all women rider of the robots fighting against the enemy.
tsubasaloverJul 1, 2012 7:18 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 1, 2012 11:06 AM

Feb 2011
It's as bad as I expected it to be from seeing the list of staff.

Decent animation is rare (edit: come to think of it, I can't even remember anything decent, animation wise), background art looks way worse than EVOL and Mouratsu Pirates EP 1 (FWIR), OP (used as ED this episode) is terrible.

CGI is the usual Satelight quality.

I hope the VN gets completed soon so I can look at Iizuki's beautiful illustration instead.
HarunoYumeJul 1, 2012 11:14 AM
Jul 1, 2012 11:19 AM

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
To resume quickly lots of stuff. Mech designs are crispier nicer. The setting is on PAR with Rinne that much I will say however the girls the way they are design reflects a more serious approach.

To not deviate the thread I suggest you further talk this on my profile but to make it CLEAR. I would rate this at 16+ and Rinne 13+. For age viewing and that is my difference. The aspect of ti being shown is OVER 9000 compared the more childish aspects of Rinne. No offense to any of its cause I AM A FAN TOO! However I still critic and like to do do so. Also this will make Rinne on competition terms at least.

I rated at 9 because else I would put it 10 right away. I want to see if it shall go down or up for me in ratings. TBH I am over praising this but that's how much of a impact it had on me.

Jul 1, 2012 11:47 AM

Jul 2010
Well, this should be one hell of a ride. I will agree that this has a more mature/serious feeling.
Jul 1, 2012 1:08 PM

Dec 2010
The queen Koda Kumi sings the opening song
Jul 1, 2012 2:56 PM

Nov 2007
You found this anime good? I thought it was rushed and an okayish first episode.

3/5 for the episode. Will follow a couple of episodes to see whether its worth the time.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2012 3:05 PM
Oct 2009
shanimebib said:
You found this anime good? I thought it was rushed and an okayish first episode.

3/5 for the episode. Will follow a couple of episodes to see whether its worth the time.

Wait. So let me get this straight. If an anime episode isn't a 4/5 or 5/5 to you that means it's bad? The rating you gave this episode was pretty spot on with what it deserved. However it was by no means bad, it was average.

I also agree with the TC, next episode should be great with all the suffering that should ensue.
Jul 1, 2012 3:17 PM

Nov 2007
Kivos said:
shanimebib said:

Wait. So let me get this straight. If an anime episode isn't a 4/5 or 5/5 to you that means it's bad? The rating you gave this episode was pretty spot on with what it deserved. However it was by no means bad, it was average.

I also agree with the TC, next episode should be great with all the suffering that should ensue.

Nope. You got me wrong here. I didn't say it was bad. By saying that I will be giving it a few more shots for another couple of weeks basically implies that I am willing to see if there is any progress or a development for the better. If I thought it was bad, I wouldn't even drop a comment over here since it would be pointless for me to do so. Because I would have dropped this anime and never looked back. :)

But if I am honest with myself, I would say the reason for me to give it a chance would be Noto Mamiko, Ohara Sayaka, Sugita Tomokazu, Nakahara Mai and Ono Daisuke. And 4 out of 5 of them are yet to appear in this anime.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2012 4:08 PM

Nov 2010
Before anyone asking anything about the original Muv-Luv (Not Muv-Luv Total Eclipse, which is a LN adaptation. It will has a PS3 VN adaptation in the near future, though), I'll drop this FAQ image here:

I heard it has poor animation and poor OP (now ED) due to low budget, but I hope the story/direction will be OK. People should at least wait for ep. 2 though, since it supposed to be aired together for maximum initial impact.
zeroyuki92Jul 1, 2012 4:17 PM
Jul 1, 2012 4:44 PM

Oct 2010
zeroyuki92 said:
Before anyone asking anything about the original Muv-Luv (Not Muv-Luv Total Eclipse, which is a LN adaptation. It will has a PS3 VN adaptation in the near future, though), I'll drop this FAQ image here:

I heard it has poor animation and poor OP (now ED) due to low budget, but I hope the story/direction will be OK. People should at least wait for ep. 2 though, since it supposed to be aired together for maximum initial impact.
WOW! I READ IT ALL! I doubt I will have anything robed of me but certainly playing the VN changes your outlook on this a lot.

Fortunate for me is that I attach myself easily to characters. OK I SUCK! I figured out I will never have time for this. The manga and side stuff of this is too much for me. Might put in a note to see it in the future but as of now there is way too much shit of this to go through other than the 50 hours of play and frustrations there are countless of other elements such as mangas, LN and sources. At least you opened up the source. Seeking it is a BITCH TBH. Worth it but really bitchy to find stuff of this. On the other hand I had no idea it had Fan Made Hentai Manga. However originals point out this being hentai in nature with a small load. I assume 20% and 80% focus on Plot/Mecha.
Yumekichi11Jul 1, 2012 4:54 PM

Jul 1, 2012 9:35 PM

Aug 2010
First episode jumped ahead a lot but it holds promise imo.
Jul 1, 2012 9:37 PM

Nov 2011

Oo, quite the serious mecha series, I like ; mixing action, drama, tragedy, sci-fi, and mecha all in one fine little package. I'm also enjoying some of the characters in their...LOL, suits already, so hopefully we'll learn about them more soon.

Yup, I seen potential in this series already this summer. HOWEVER, this first episode was not impressive tbh. There was barely any story, lacked the action I originally hoped for, and only one of the main characters I think was officially introduced. I still got hope though, for now.
Stark700Jul 1, 2012 9:53 PM
Jul 1, 2012 9:58 PM

Nov 2011
shanimebib said:

Agreed.

Same score I gave. This episode is not a 5/5 worthy tbh considering the way it was executed.
Jul 1, 2012 10:24 PM

Nov 2007
Honestly for a first episode it was rather boring. Average at best. I'm sure it will explain more later on, but .... why are high school girls in these mechas? why are they the front line now? where are the .... boys?

if the army and such is so useless why do these girls have a chance?

the skin tight clothing was interesting I suppose. didn't see much of the actual aliens, I guess that's for next time.

I still need to get to the actual VN's, I started the first one, but it was rather boring and my save messed up.

Hoping for more with the next episodes... if I'm going to keep watching.
Jul 1, 2012 10:27 PM

Dec 2011
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Rinne will seriously GTFO from this. In fact I fear for Rinne losing money over this. This is AMAZING! I SCREAM IN EXCITEMENT! If there is one thing to look forward in terms of ecchi, serious shit, mecha and high quality to boot along it's this series. LOOK NO FURTHER!

Disagree.

Although both series have some similarities with action and mecha, these two anime are not too alike. For one thing, Rinne no Lagrange focuses more on friendship with a somewhat serious plot. Both series does have apocalyptic themes but it seems that this one is much more serious. Rinne no Lagrange also has gags while this series has more of the dramatic side as it seems as of now.

So, these two series are actually a bit different in terms of entertainment. Rinne no lagrange for more of the fun side while Muv-luv is more into the apocalypse genre. Also, idk why you rated this a "9" based on the first episode as its almost impossible to tell the basis of an entire series based on its pilot.

Now I don't know about the sales but I just don't see how Rinne will be "losing money over this" series.

In conclusion: Rinne is not going to get "gtfo" from this, at least from my point of view especially part 2 as I can see quite a story starting to develop compared to part 1 although some viewers may have put-on hold for part 2 as the ways that part 1 of Rinne no Lagrange played down was a bit slow. As a fan of Rinne no Lagrange, that's how I feel :P

I agree with you 100%

The CG is nice but there are quite a few things that are bad. For one, the setting and time the 1st ep is. 1998, and extraterrestrial beings? Doesn't really make sense. 1998 and GIGANTIC MECHA ROBOTS? Doesn't really make sense.

Also the character designs are kinda iffy. I wished they would have went more towards an art style like modern Gundam(gundam 00 maybe).

I really hope this anime takes a route similar to Gundam since its a mecha anime. Not entirely sold on this yet.
HysteryJul 1, 2012 10:44 PM
Jul 1, 2012 10:29 PM

Feb 2012
Well, I'm giving this a 5/5. Hell, I'd give it a 6/5 if I could. I don't know if everyone's read the VN or whatever, but this is my first time seeing this series in any form and it kept me excited the whole way through. I like the girls, I like the setting, and I like the combat, though I'd like to see more of it, especially the BETA, we didn't really get a great look at 'em. Honestly though, I really enjoyed this, especially the hopeless feeling it's giving off. Makes me want to keep watching to see them turn it around.

Maybe it sucks compared to the source material, but that's what people said about Zetman, and I happily gave that an 8, where most people who have read the manga seem to believe that it isn't even worth watching. Oh well, just like with Zetman, I'll watch then check out the source material; I already have Muv-Luv on my computer waiting for me anyway. But the anime comes first, and I'm not disappointed.

The people who say this season sucks probably didn't like last season either, and I enjoyed all of the 20 shows I watched this spring, so I guess I'm just glad that my standards seem to be lower. I can't help it, but still, I really think this season looks amazing, especially this show. My 2nd favorite of the summer so far.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jul 1, 2012 10:34 PM

Oct 2010
Woebegone said:

I agree with you 100%

The CG is nice but there are quite a few things that are bad. For one, the setting and time the 1st ep is. 1998, and extraterrestrial beings? Doesn't really make sense. 1998 and GIGANTIC MECHA ROBOTS? Doesn't really make sense.
Setting and time might be bad but this alternative and there are many versions of it. Still it's quite realistic when you think of how close after the moon landing it occurred. Moreover Mechs are possible assuming USA never got to Japan badly.
Woebegone said:
Also the character designs are kinda iffy. I wished they would have went more towards an art style like modern Gundam(gundam 00 maybe).
Why? I find them refined a la Ikkitousen kind of. Moreover they are made to look mature. I did not see a loli but I think there is none. I know in the VN games there are 2 well DFC but one still looks like a loli and is. Pink haired she looks.

Point being that the characters seem less kiddy in appearance than Rinne is all I am trying to make across and certainly it's hard to refute that aspect.
Woebegone said:
I really hope this anime takes a route similar to what Gundam 00 since it a mecha anime. Not entirely sold on this yet.
I understand and hence episode 2 might tell more since both this one 2 are like one whole arc. Might want to see both together again. I might.

Jul 1, 2012 10:39 PM

May 2011
Damn, the mecha looks pretty awesome.

The story has just begun, can't wait for the war (or it already started I presume)
Jul 1, 2012 10:40 PM

Aug 2009
This series looks promising.Look forward to more of this!
Jul 1, 2012 10:41 PM

Dec 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Woebegone said:

I agree with you 100%

Setting and time might be bad but this alternative and there are many versions of it. Still it's quite realistic when you think of how close after the moon landing it occurred. Moreover Mechs are possible assuming USA never got to Japan badly.
Woebegone said:
Why? I find them refined a la Ikkitousen kind of. Moreover they are made to look mature. I did not see a loli but I think there is none. I know in the VN games there are 2 well DFC but one still looks like a loli and is. Pink haired she looks.

Point being that the characters seem less kiddy in appearance than Rinne is all I am trying to make across and certainly it's hard to refute that aspect.
Woebegone said:
I really hope this anime takes a route similar to what Gundam 00 since it a mecha anime. Not entirely sold on this yet.
I understand and hence episode 2 might tell more since both this one 2 are like one whole arc. Might want to see both together again. I might.

I really do not think Mecha robots in the year 1997/1998 are possible. The time and setting just defies all logic to a point where it does not make sense. All your other Mecha animes like Gundam are set in the future where space is just another place.

I really hope this anime makes quantam leap of sorts into the future...

For now, 6/10 despite mechas and CG.
Jul 1, 2012 10:43 PM

Sep 2008
Hell is happening because Mamiko Noto has not dazzled the stage yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2012 10:48 PM
Mar 2012
Woebegone said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Woebegone said:

I agree with you 100%

Woebegone said:

Woebegone said:

I really do not think Mecha robots in the year 1997/1998 are possible. The time and setting just defies all logic to a point where it does not make sense. All your other Mecha animes like Gundam are set in the future where space is just another place.

Here's the Muv-luv Alternative timeline.
http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_Timeline

There are no such thing as impossible in manga and anime lol.
But damn, the mech CGIs were great. But what about other vehicles such as jet, tanks, or cars and buses. They were either badly drawn or bad CGIs. Not to mention the character animations and camera angles and other stuff as well. Since it's still only 1 episode so far so I'll wait and see, I think I'm gonna watch all of it anyway since I'm a big fan of Muv-luv trilogy :D.
liemtodaisuJul 1, 2012 10:53 PM
Jul 1, 2012 10:51 PM

Dec 2011
liemtodaisu said:
Woebegone said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Woebegone said:

I agree with you 100%

Woebegone said:

Woebegone said:

Yes I agree with you there but I tend to like animes that follow logic in a reasonably timeline more.

Thank you for the link to the alt. timeline though. ;)
Jul 1, 2012 10:55 PM

Jan 2009
That was kinda interesting, wasn't fantastic, but its ep 1.

It reminded me of alot of different sci-fi/mecha concepts mashed into one, which was fun to watch. Felt pretty nostalgic for that reason. Not sure where its gonna go from here though. Guess we'll see in Ep2.
Jul 1, 2012 10:58 PM

Nov 2010
mystik said:
Honestly for a first episode it was rather boring. Average at best. I'm sure it will explain more later on, but .... why are high school girls in these mechas? why are they the front line now? where are the .... boys?

the skin tight clothing was interesting I suppose. didn't see much of the actual aliens, I guess that's for next time.

I still need to get to the actual VN's, I started the first one, but it was rather boring and my save messed up.

For one, the setting and time the 1st ep is. 1998, and extraterrestrial beings? Doesn't really make sense. 1998 and GIGANTIC MECHA ROBOTS? Doesn't really make sense.

Answers, may be considered light, setting spoilers since it may not described in the anime yet:

Also, please mind that this 1st episode supposed to be watched together with the 2nd episode.
Jul 1, 2012 11:01 PM
Mar 2012
Woebegone said:
liemtodaisu said:
Woebegone said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Woebegone said:

I agree with you 100%

Woebegone said:

Woebegone said:

Yes I agree with you there but I tend to like animes that follow logic in a reasonably timeline more.

Thank you for the link to the alt. timeline though. ;)

I was kinda bit disappointed with ep 1 but let's see how it goes. If it's still bad until the final ep then you should try the Visual novel Muv-luv trilogy. It might be boring from Extra to Unlimited. But you will get hooked once you're on Alternative.

These mecha technologies were developed cause human are being desperate to fight against BETA. They had no choice. That's why other technology other than weapons were not developed so no game consoles, no high-def LCD tv, heck even civilians can't afford a TV.And men, well most of adults and men are already dead on the frontline. That's why now they had to use women and children, it got more desperate as years past. You can see later on it's like North Korea with mecha and nothing else. Trust me you'll love Muv-luv Alternative.
liemtodaisuJul 1, 2012 11:04 PM
Jul 1, 2012 11:04 PM

Dec 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
mystik said:

For one, the setting and time the 1st ep is. 1998, and extraterrestrial beings? Doesn't really make sense. 1998 and GIGANTIC MECHA ROBOTS? Doesn't really make sense.

Answers, may be considered light, setting spoilers since it may not described in the anime yet:

Also, please mind that this 1st episode supposed to be watched together with the 2nd episode.

I see, I see.. US f***** Germany instead of Japan and we went to space early. I guess I will keep watching.
Jul 1, 2012 11:16 PM
Jun 2012
I must say I a am not a mecha fan, but I will be definitely following this.
Jul 1, 2012 11:21 PM

Mar 2011
For the 1st episode was boring.
Jul 1, 2012 11:24 PM

Apr 2009
Looking good, and love the ED song.
Jul 1, 2012 11:25 PM
Mar 2012
Icebreaker93 said:

Well duh, Steins;gate aint interesting until it gets to around ep9, 10 where shit started to get serious.
Just be patient for now bro.
Jul 1, 2012 11:36 PM

May 2010
First episode - M.O.D reboot.
Second episode - White mecha must die

Gloomy start but it looks promising.
Jul 2, 2012 12:08 AM

Jun 2010
If newcomers don't understand the anime, it's probably better if you play the Muv-Luv VN since it is definitely better than the anime. But this anime is still good ^^ (I'm a fan I can't help it)

Slightly disappointed that there are only rips available atm, really wanted UTW to do it, but the anime made it better for me.
Jul 2, 2012 12:12 AM
Mar 2012
Muv-Luv-er said:
If newcomers don't understand the anime, it's probably better if you play the Muv-Luv VN since it is definitely better than the anime. But this anime is still good ^^ (I'm a fan I can't help it)

Slightly disappointed that there are only rips available atm, really wanted UTW to do it, but the anime made it better for me.

There are already 720p from CR and Horriblesubs I think, go to Nyaa to check it out.
Jul 2, 2012 12:41 AM
May 2010
liemtodaisu said:
Icebreaker93 said:

Well duh, Steins;gate aint interesting until it gets to around ep9, 10

Steins;Gate is not interesting at all.
Jul 2, 2012 12:47 AM

Dec 2009
Got to see the first 2 episodes at Anime Expo yesterday, and started reading the 3 manga parts 2 days before and I have to say this is quite reinvigorating the Terran mecha love in me. Love the Parallel universe aspect of it too.

Kinda sad that I laughed at the whole "8 Minutes of not being killed" trope they had going on and like...yeah felt bad for the girls. :<

Gruesome anime too since they literally showed the Zerg BETA feeding scenes. :V

TL;DR:Basically its Terran vs. Zerg But Overall a 5/5 for me.
NettoAzureJul 2, 2012 12:51 AM
Jul 2, 2012 12:50 AM

Oct 2010
I love the serious but the 1st episode was boring as hell. Hopefully we actually see some aliens next episode.
Jul 2, 2012 12:55 AM

Jul 2011
Well, we're off to a slow start, it seems.
Jul 2, 2012 12:58 AM

Dec 2009
Icebreaker93 said:

2nd Episode will be dark and gruesome. Really sad.

Aria_Shachou said:

Second episode - White mecha must die

Gloomy start but it looks promising.

Second Episode - IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZORZ!
Jul 2, 2012 1:02 AM

Oct 2011
loved how they started this series off nice and carefree.

can't wait for the despair and angst :)
Jul 2, 2012 1:07 AM

Mar 2012
Any idea if Yuuya Bridges will be in this?
Mad_MaestroJul 2, 2012 1:11 AM
Jul 2, 2012 1:11 AM
Mar 2012
jack2727 said:
Any idea if the protagonist from the game will be in this? Girls in mecha's are good and all but there needs to be at least one guy >_> Just wouldn't make sense if no guys were trained lol

Sadly, our super rookie Takeru wont appear. He might if this show made some success lol.
Jul 2, 2012 1:12 AM
Jul 2011
Pardon me, but... Have ANY of you read the Visual Novels?
Jul 2, 2012 1:14 AM

Mar 2012
liemtodaisu said:
jack2727 said:
Any idea if the protagonist from the game will be in this? Girls in mecha's are good and all but there needs to be at least one guy >_> Just wouldn't make sense if no guys were trained lol

Sadly, our super rookie Takeru wont appear. He might if this show made some success lol.

I actually made a mistake and got this mixed up with Muv-Luv Alternative, where as the anime is Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse meaning Yuuya Bridges would be in it... atleast he was in the manga
Jul 2, 2012 1:14 AM
Jul 2008
Well, from the perspective of someone who has read the VNs, this was VERY dissapointing.
And nearly all of the main cast is pretty annoying. Talking in the middle of a lecture... they'll learn soon enough. They'll be flying up there thinking "Oh what did that old guy say about lasers or something?" and BAM, barbecued teenager.
Jul 2, 2012 1:16 AM

Sep 2007
Felt a bit rushed at parts but at least they're getting to the good stuff quickly.
Jul 2, 2012 1:26 AM

Jan 2011
I didn't find anything wrong with giving a reasonable introduction of what has happened to motivate the main characters when they finally get to the location for the bulk of the series (Alaska I believe). Showing the destruction of Japan, and presumably a high proportion of the characters shown thus far, is better than just throwing us into the main action immediately without a backstory. Earlier comments have explained adequately why they are reduced to suiting up high school girls for the mobile infantry (or whatever they're calling it). We do know courtesy of glasses girl and her letter that there are at least some boys around at the front lines. What I found really interesting was the talk on the bus and the general feeling of a country that is in a war to the death, and is losing. While its been a little slow thus far, I'm willing to give it time to develop.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 2, 2012 1:27 AM

Oct 2010
Netto_Azure said:
Gruesome anime too since they literally showed the Zerg BETA feeding scenes. :V
This:
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb480/Yumekichi11/Picture%2024/936f5c2b.gif
must be that part right. A friend showed it to me but I don't how he got that part or from where.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM

» Should i watch this?

Grontan - Jul 14, 2022

4 by ixarising »»
Jul 19, 2022 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.