Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 1, 2012 11:19 AM
Sep 2011
Toki!!! :( glad she survived but still sad then she collapsed. Cant wait for next week. Definitely one of my favorite shows this season. ^^
Jul 1, 2012 11:20 AM

Sep 2009
Hope they announce than additional eps would come soon.
Jul 1, 2012 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
I think I have become to used to Senriyama and Shindouji because I actually didn't like it when Kuro finally managed to win that last hand on Teru. Now I really wish that it was Senriyama-hen or something D:
Their meeting with Nodoka was too short too.

KaitoDash said:
Finally, Achiga reclaim their show.. umm.. for about half of an episode

Maybe I can begin the process of re-liking Achiga again lol

Toki and Hanada are simply SUBARA~

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Jul 1, 2012 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
You did it Kuro! Congratulations!
Jul 1, 2012 11:35 AM

Dec 2008
Nodoka & the Achiga girls meeting was disappointing. Had expected more out of it. Finally Toki! Took you 3 episodes! Yes, I was waiting for Toki to collapse for more Toki x Ryuuka.

Good job Kuro. You managed to do something while crying for the entire f*cking match. I like her, but this was too much. Felt like Kana's match against Koromo. I hope Yuu doesn't end up acting like her.

A's will probably end with the semifinals since it has 3 episodes left. Then they'll probably make a new season for the finales. Or an ova/movie.
Jul 1, 2012 11:39 AM

Oct 2011
So no more Teru for now :) show will become watchable again

and now Achiga can start to move into second place and keeping it - they are not too far away from it (and title of show makes it rather clear who will be second team)
Jul 1, 2012 11:39 AM

Dec 2011
Blackbird said:
You were not the only one that cried, I knew she would collapse in this match.
I hope she is all right.

I guess this will be the end, there is no more preview.

Is it confirmed there is 15 episodes?

Can we start with Saki now? :D

Yes it is confirmed. There is a thread somewhere about it in the News forum. And MAL lists 15 episodes now.
Jul 1, 2012 11:48 AM

Apr 2010
Kuro finally made a move and a very nice one at that since she was scared most of the match.
And Toki pushing herself beyond her own limits and it seems to be at a heavy cost this can't be good for her teams moral just look at her underclassman which is about to have a match.
Speaking about next match it seems Yuu has a pretty fierce opponent in front of her.

Also about Toki not the name but the word doesn't it mean time in Japanese or at least has a meaning with time?

Wondering about the last three episodes will the be aired in the next three weeks or will they be aired later?
Since they where announced a few weeks ago.
Jul 1, 2012 11:54 AM

Jul 2009
sarroush said:
Nodoka & the Achiga girls meeting was disappointing. Had expected more out of it.

I agree, this meeting was "empty", I had expected they will threw her arms around them or at least be a little more happy, even if they are not so close anymore.
Jul 1, 2012 12:07 PM

Oct 2009
Aversa said:

Also about Toki not the name but the word doesn't it mean time in Japanese or at least has a meaning with time?

Wondering about the last three episodes will the be aired in the next three weeks or will they be aired later?
Since they where announced a few weeks ago.

Yep, there's toki time, hence the TokiToki, but her name herself doesn't mean time...

Nope, there's no specific time/schedule set yet.

Confirmed lineup:

Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Jul 1, 2012 12:09 PM

Sep 2008
Zenithale said:
sarroush said:
Nodoka & the Achiga girls meeting was disappointing. Had expected more out of it.

I agree, this meeting was "empty", I had expected they will threw her arms around them or at least be a little more happy, even if they are not so close anymore.
Yeah, I also wanted Saki to be there and rub it into their faces that she now owns dem Nodotits.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2012 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
Glad Toki made it, barely though. And Kuro finally gets a win, restoring some hope.
Jul 1, 2012 12:59 PM

Nov 2007
Aah! what a disappointing ending! Not really but it ended in a cliff hanger and it's disappointing to me since next week we won't know! They hyped up the sergeant match and I really want to know what Teru's lesbian partner's power is!

Also, why were everyone surprised at Shiraitodai lineup? It was on Tvtropes character page weeks ago lol.

When is the next 3 episodes going to be shown? I hope it's not included in the DVD! And I hope it won't take a YEAR like Bakemonogatari!

Jul 1, 2012 1:17 PM

Dec 2011
Incidentally, did anyone else notice Teru's arm thing fade when Kuro went against her predictions? Does that mean that her power was broken (if at least only briefly) by someone defying her expectations? Would she then need another round to re-observe them?

Because if so that presents a rather obvious way to beat her - completely switching your playing style every few hands. There are several players who have done that as a matter of course already.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 1, 2012 1:37 PM

Jan 2012
Kuro actually did it. Damn, I couldn't believe my eyes. Sad about Toki, hope she will be fine. Anyway, looking forward to next round.

Jul 1, 2012 2:07 PM

Oct 2011
RIP Toki.
Jul 1, 2012 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
meitanpin?

tan pin means tanyon pinfu

mei... should mean meizen has meizen tsumo, isn't it?

so is there something wrong in her formula meitanpi iipeikou dora roku?
i would have rather say, riishi tanpi iipeikou dora roku.

well, nevermind, good job kuro
bruh
Jul 1, 2012 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
Guyz, who do you think will win, Shiraitodai is definitely gonna win first,
Now that Toki is Hospitalized the chances of Senriyama getting second had decreased. .
Maybe Achiga will be second and will move with Shiraitodai to finals.
Jul 1, 2012 2:47 PM

Aug 2008
That match took like 3 episodes omg LOL. I love Toki x Ryuuka. They're so cute together

And Shizu, Ako, and Kuro has finally met Nodoka! Only three episodes left. I'm so sad :(
Jul 1, 2012 3:06 PM

Jan 2009
Toki with those Triple Accels, you don't have Avalon inside you girl. Gotta be more careful lol. Impressive win by Kuro too, surpassing Teru's expectations sure is something.

Of course their meeting with Nodoka would be so short, from the beginning Shizuno planned to meet her in the finals. No happy times till then.

Anyway, now to wait for those extra episodes.
Jul 1, 2012 3:31 PM

Jul 2007
How come she had 2 aka dora of 5 pin :V I know that there are 3 aka doras one for each 5 of each set :/
Jul 1, 2012 3:48 PM

Dec 2008
argee said:
Now that Toki is Hospitalized the chances of Senriyama getting second had decreased. .

Not really.
Toki being hospitalized doesnt lower their chances at staying in 2nd place since she wouldn't have played a second time anyways.
Jul 1, 2012 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
Cloudy-Sky said:
How come she had 2 aka dora of 5 pin :V I know that there are 3 aka doras one for each 5 of each set :/

If I'm not wrong there are 4 aka doras : 1 character, 1 Bamboo and 2 pin.
Jul 1, 2012 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
sarroush said:
argee said:

Not really.
Toki being hospitalized doesnt lower their chances at staying in 2nd place since she wouldn't have played a second time anyways.

If Senriyama did end up second, who will play senpu in the finals since Toki is Hospitalized or they can Forfeit or send a subtitute player?
Jul 1, 2012 4:07 PM

Dec 2008
argee said:

If Senriyama did end up second, who will play senpu in the finals since Toki is Hospitalized or they can Forfeit or send a subtitute player?

Depends how long Toki would be hospitalized. And from what I remember, you can have a sub. So if they stayed in second, it would still work out.
However, the fact that Toki is hospitalized does not lower their chances of staying in second place, because she wouldn't be playing again until the finals.
Jul 1, 2012 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
sarroush said:
Depends how long Toki would be hospitalized. And from what I remember, you can have a sub. So if they stayed in second, it would still work out.
However, the fact that Toki is hospitalized does not lower their chances of staying in second place, because she wouldn't be playing again until the finals.

That makes sense, but I feel like Ryuuka will not let Toki play against Teru for a second time.
Jul 1, 2012 4:42 PM

May 2011
Damn, Toki looks like a zombie there!
Jul 1, 2012 4:48 PM

Jul 2008
Zenithale said:
Cloudy-Sky said:

If I'm not wrong there are 4 aka doras : 1 character, 1 Bamboo and 2 pin.

Yes there is 4 aka doras: One of each set + another one from one of the three sets.

argee said:

Achiga will go to final, that's a given. That would like be making the MC of a shounen die before he even get to fight the last boss.
Because even if Teru is the last boss figure for Kiyosumi's cast, Saki is the last boss figure for Achiga's cast.
The only way this can end without rendering both manga pointless is by making both Shiraitodai and Achiga to the final.
Even though I prefere Senriyama over Achiga, they won't make it to final, deal with it.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Incidentally, did anyone else notice Teru's arm thing fade when Kuro went against her predictions? Does that mean that her power was broken (if at least only briefly) by someone defying her expectations? Would she then need another round to re-observe them?

Because if so that presents a rather obvious way to beat her - completely switching your playing style every few hands. There are several players who have done that as a matter of course already.

That's most likely her only weakness, yeah. She moves according to what she beleive you will do instead of what would be the best. Fooling her is probably the best thing someone could do against her.
Still you cannot play against Teru with digital style and having multiple occult style is not something common.

I do not think that she need her mirror again, the moment you fool her she'll adjust so the same trick will not work twice. Even if she do have to use her miror again, it's not like she'll erase the first style you played with.
Also I beleive that if she wanted, she wouldn't have to re-mirror someone even if se play them latter, as long as they do not modify their playstyle of course. (And thus it is safer to mirror every game).

Also from saki manga
Jul 1, 2012 4:52 PM

Nov 2009
Glad there's no more Toki to keep chewing up scenery, but bummed there's no more Teru to be completely overpowered.

Also what on earth was with that OP? That person should never be allowed to sing again.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Jul 1, 2012 5:04 PM

Jul 2008
Anise_Punter said:
Glad there's no more Toki to keep chewing up scenery, but bummed there's no more Teru to be completely overpowered.

Also what on earth was with that OP? That person should never be allowed to sing again.

The OP was the same as usual, you must have gotten a trollsub that replaced it with something else.
Jul 1, 2012 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
GeeGee!!!! so glad Kuro at least got one hand!,but i agree kinda expected more out of their Reunion.
Jul 1, 2012 8:36 PM

Oct 2009
Okay, someone enlighten me, please.

Akado got a direct hit on Kokaji with a baiman and yet she is the one being completely traumatized?

Did Akado get hit-ed with dealer yakuman by Sukoyan or something after that? >:D

Don't mind me- So apparently:
1. Sukoyan lead with much points:
2. She somehow pays with a hand more expensive than haneman
3. She still win and become THE Champion before being THE Grand Master. :D
Oohoshi_AwaiJul 2, 2012 12:56 AM
Jul 1, 2012 9:22 PM

Sep 2010
Amazing! I really liked the episode.

I cried with Ryuuka ;-; and almost got a heart attack in the first minutes, too much cuteness!

The meeting was a death flag! They already met Nodoka, gtfo. Senriyama to the finals!
Where's my Kazoe Yakuman, I want my money back!

Finally Sumire's turn!

Oohoshi_Awai said:

Confirmed lineup:

I'm really looking forward to the Taishou match! I don't care about Shizu, but Awai, Ryuuka and Himeko!!
Jul 1, 2012 9:24 PM

Dec 2011
HacheKa said:
I don't care about Shizu, but Awai, Ryuuka and Himeko!!

Poor Shizu :(
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 1, 2012 9:58 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, Kuro is useful! But poor Toki T__T

More impressions (and a lot of screenshots) here: http://randomc.net/2012/07/01/saki-achiga-hen-episode-of-side-a-12-end/. Enjoy!
Stilts
Writer
http://randomc.net/
Jul 1, 2012 10:00 PM

Oct 2009
HacheKa said:
Amazing! I really liked the episode.

I cried with Ryuuka ;-; and almost got a heart attack in the first minutes, too much cuteness!

The meeting was a death flag! They already met Nodoka, gtfo. Senriyama to the finals!
Where's my Kazoe Yakuman, I want my money back!

Finally Sumire's turn!

I'm really looking forward to the Taishou match! I don't care about Shizu, but Awai, Ryuuka and Himeko!!

That's what I'm thinking too!

Kuro will be useless on the final, an Toki/Kirame is more useful if Senriyama/Shindouji will advance. >:D
And besides, Achiga's goal is only to meet Nodoka, and they won't be able to play her anyways, since the one who will fight Nodoka is Arata, who doesn't care about her, LOL.

Nobody cares about the monkey. :P

Awai (SuperNova) vs Ryuuka (True Dragon Lord) vs Himeko (Shindouji's Ace)

The match I can't wait for... :D

... Well, actually Taishou Finals is what I want to see the most, but don't we all. :P
Jul 1, 2012 10:02 PM

Oct 2009
StiltsOutLoud said:
Finally, Kuro is useful! But poor Toki T__T

More impressions (and a lot of screenshots) here: http://randomc.net/2012/07/01/saki-achiga-hen-episode-of-side-a-12-end/. Enjoy!

Stillts, it's not the end yet, still 3 more episodes for webcasts.
Total 15 episodes.
Jul 1, 2012 10:04 PM

Oct 2011
I was expecting a bigger hand from Kuro and I agree, the encounter with Nodoka was really... lackluster. Nodoka wasn't surprised at all to see them.

And I've never seen Kuro look so serious after she declared Riichi, though I much prefer her this way.
Jul 1, 2012 10:08 PM

Jun 2012
hmmm so that means.....if (when) shiraitodai and kiyosumi makes it to the finals it'll be like this?

Yuuki (tacos) - Teru

Mako - Sumire

Hisa - Takami

Nodoka - Seiko

Saki - Awai

I wonder how that would (is gonna) turn out?
Jul 1, 2012 11:23 PM

Oct 2009
Chamry said:
hmmm so that means.....if (when) shiraitodai and kiyosumi makes it to the finals it'll be like this?

Yuuki (tacos) - Teru

Mako - Sumire

Hisa - Takami

Nodoka - Seiko

Saki - Awai

I wonder how that would (is gonna) turn out?

Tacos will get Chuuren Pootoo-ed by Teru, it's a given. On Chuuken match, Rinkai will shine
- Although I think this discussion is better being left at the National Tournament discussion.

As for Achiga going for the finals or not, they will still be cannon fodders anyways, they're just MCs for a freaking side story.

And still lacked Shindouji's backstory so they might advance. :P
Jul 2, 2012 12:12 AM

May 2010
Finally after 2 and half episode of getting her ass handed to her, Kuro finally does somthing, Poor Toki doing all the work and is now in such bad shape.
Jul 2, 2012 12:16 AM

Mar 2012
FINALLY. Geez, making me waiting like that, Kuro.

I want Shindouji to advance, like hell I want to watch another vanguard with Toki struggling to defeat Teru(or whoever Senriyama use to sub a hospitalized Toki). It'll be Kiyosumi's moments. I'm sure Hisa will give Yuuki some pointers about Teru anyways.

Kirame needs to be at the final table, to buy enough time for Yuuki to make a comeback. Kuro can be useful too, if she doesn't start discarding dora in the finals, that is. That's like giving Teru free doras, ah poor Yuuki and other finalist schools' vanguards ;__;

Oohoshi_Awai said:

As for Achiga going for the finals or not, they will still be cannon fodders anyways, they're just MCs for a freaking side story.

Forgetting something? Senriyama too. They aren't even MCs for a freaking side story ;P

Oohoshi_Awai said:

Tacos will get Chuuren Pootoo-ed by Teru, it's a given.

THIS, I CANNOT TOLERATE. HOW DARE YOU UNDERESTIMATE YUUKI, ONE OF THE REAL MAIN CHARACTERS.

Anyways, it's Sumire's turn now ;P

and, this scene..

NakocchiJul 2, 2012 12:46 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2012 12:21 AM

Sep 2010
Love this episode. Can't wait for the last three. I wanna see SAKI!!! :D
Jul 2, 2012 12:57 AM

Oct 2009
Tacos looks like she doesn't too fond of Achiga. :P
Jul 2, 2012 1:02 AM
Nov 2008
zeroArc said:
I was expecting a bigger hand from Kuro and I agree, the encounter with Nodoka was really... lackluster. Nodoka wasn't surprised at all to see them.

And I've never seen Kuro look so serious after she declared Riichi, though I much prefer her this way.

Now I think about it, the hand could be bigger than 16,600 points... The staff totally forgot about ura-doras (the dora beneath the original dora) when Kuro won that hand. Considering her specialty is gathering all the doras, if she can manage to take in 1 or 2 dora (her hand was originally 10 han- baiman), it would make her hand 24,600 points instead of 16,600. Iif that happens Senriyama would've end up third and the story would get more in the track of the "Achiga-hen" line.
Jul 2, 2012 1:15 AM

Oct 2009
HeartofTiles said:

THIS, I CANNOT TOLERATE. HOW DARE YOU UNDERESTIMATE YUUKI, ONE OF THE REAL MAIN CHARACTERS.

Since I'm physic, I'll tell you Yuuki's fate.

Good luck.

What are you talking about?
It's a given Miyanaga-cest ending... :P
And Nodoka will move somewhere, probably in Achiga, while Saki moves to Shiraitodai.

Oh and for those thinking that Kuro's score should be higher:

1. Toki has counted it by herself so that Teru will drop Kuro's winning tile-so Kuro didn't tsumo, that will get her, um, a sanbaiman, 'nuff said.
2. Kuro doesn't get ura-dora. Proof: Toki's 1st winning hand.

Oh and the Shindouji's jibou's name is Yoshiko.
And it looks like Himeko is 1st year...

-Yfw all the finals' taishou is 1st year
-Awai, Saki, Himeko, Nelly - way to go, upper classman.
Oohoshi_AwaiJul 2, 2012 1:20 AM
Jul 2, 2012 1:25 AM

Jun 2012
Oohoshi_Awai said:
HeartofTiles said:

i think you not have friend to talk iin real life
Jul 2, 2012 1:49 AM

Mar 2012
Oohoshi_Awai said:
HeartofTiles said:

Good luck.

What are you talking about?
It's a given Miyanaga-cest ending... :P
And Nodoka will move somewhere, probably in Achiga, while Saki moves to Shiraitodai.

Oh and for those thinking that Kuro's score should be higher:

1. Toki has counted it by herself so that Teru will drop Kuro's winning tile-so Kuro didn't tsumo, that will get her, um, a sanbaiman, 'nuff said.
2. Kuro doesn't get ura-dora. Proof: Toki's 1st winning hand.

Oh and the Shindouji's jibou's name is Yoshiko.
And it looks like Himeko is 1st year...

-Yfw all the finals' taishou is 1st year
-Awai, Saki, Himeko, Nelly - way to go, upper classman.

I'll reply via profile comment; to avoid off-topic wars brewing here and a hell lot of spoilers
NakocchiJul 2, 2012 1:57 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2012 2:53 AM

Oct 2009
^ sighs, no one really want to talk on that spoiler-free board, hmm...

ruklove said:

i think you not have friend to talk iin real life

I don't see how's that related to any of the argument/anime/manga/whatever you're trying to point out.

And no, I'm having a lot of friends irl, it's tough being popular.

Don't worry, I'm sure you all will miss me when I'm gone. *dodging any upcoming tomatoes*
Oohoshi_AwaiJul 2, 2012 3:00 AM
Jul 2, 2012 3:31 AM

Mar 2012
Oohoshi_Awai said:

And no, I'm having a lot of friends irl, it's tough being popular.

THIS. xD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki Achiga-hen ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

0 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 9, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 3, 2012

99 by 0ni_Link »»
Apr 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 24, 2012

137 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 17, 2012

95 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 1:45 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 10, 2012

70 by Serafos »»
Aug 29, 2021 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.