Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2008 7:23 PM
Apr 2008
to me, this first ep of the series wasn't so bad but kind of a tipical love comedy at school (which i love) but it was still good so i gave it a 8
Oct 2, 2008 7:37 PM
Sep 2008
cereal said:

I'm still confused as to how Aisaka got Ryuuji's cellphone number.

I was a bit curious about this as well.
Oct 2, 2008 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
Spools said:
cereal said:

Presumption is she snooped around or found something that has it written on it or might have used other means through people since she mentioned that Ryuuji might be just one of her dogs. I say we do not know about her background too well yet so we do not know all her resources.

On that note I saw the subs. I AM IMPRESSED. Very unique mix of elements and of course MOE Aisaka X Ryuuji and SCREW Kitamura cause GLASS BOY ain't good with Aisaka.

NOW ME WANT A WIFE LIKE AISAKA.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 2, 2008 7:51 PM

Nov 2007
It started really great. Let's hope the budget's body can take it.

JC Staff is getting good at the tsundere business, making upgrades here and there.

Also, Rie's voice acting is better by the season. Mizore -> Miharu -> Taiga confirms it.
Oct 2, 2008 7:58 PM

Feb 2008
haha from the looks fo it, this seems like the kind of show that suspends all basic logic and conventional thinking more than usual. i already get the feeling they are going to end up together.

someone who is mistaken for being mean and someone who is mean by nature. they go well together.
Oct 2, 2008 8:00 PM
Oct 2008
Just watched the sub and I gotta say that I'm enjoying it all over again.....except now I can understand it better.
I remember whoever scanlated the first two chapters of the manga, it was incoherent.
Oct 2, 2008 8:06 PM

Jun 2007
ChiBuki said:
Fuck yeah Toradora!

Kraker2k said:
What the hell happened in the classroom scene? I was right confused by that.
Taiga couldn't find her love letter to Takashi, and soon realized she mixed up her love letter in Ryuuji's school bag.

yeah man, fuck yeah toradora xD
great adaptation so far. i liked the animation, and J.C. staff seems like will suffice to make the amazingness of toradora flow smoothly.
small changes from the manga didn't bother me at all. i love this one.
too bad gg's subs are only 848 x 400... i was expecting some H264 1280 x 720 or something like that, but hell, the animation was nice.
the first part seemed so slow, and so heartful.... when aisaka enters... its just awesome transition xD
ryuugi's mom is hilarious as well, reminds me of sensei in nogizaka xD
ryuugi looks like he is more evil than in the manga, can't wait to see how J.C staff does some of the most hilarious scenes in the manga XD

i also loved how ryuugi got cut off by getting punched by the palmtop tiger xD
the comedy was awesome.
low tsundere kugirie voice was awesome, nice change from shana and louise ;D
bedroom scene with taiga and her bokken was also nice. the animation was nice
the food was nice
i love taiga... she is already so deredere and tsuntsun xD
the art is not as bad as it looked on the promo pics... it actually looks nice
i will have to conform with "urusai urusai" for now xD
lol @ food censor xD
ED is really nice
i am looking forward to the OP
next episode should be hilariously awesome if they follow the manga (which they look like they will do)

first anime that i have watched after reading some of the manga xD

coolness from gg :D

EDIT: minori was also really cute... nice design i must say
Oct 2, 2008 8:14 PM

Dec 2007
i really like it :D

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Oct 2, 2008 8:16 PM
Nov 2007
im a little disappointed at how fast this is going compared to the manga :\
but eh.
overall, good start :3
Oct 2, 2008 8:27 PM

Jan 2008
:D

That was awesome, my only complaint: Minori's hair color.
Oct 2, 2008 8:43 PM

Apr 2007
big image warning:
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 2, 2008 8:54 PM

Jul 2008
I actually have to complain that this series is actually doing it right. (Note, this post may have spoilers)
I totally expected Takasu's "Evil Face/Really Nice Guy" thing to be done horribly and well... since I can't write about everything they did right, I feel like writing about when I felt they did wrong. Actually, I'll just write about each character.
Takasu - Pass, he was done really well. Dammit, this was the big point I expected them to screw up on.
Kitamura - Pass, he's supposed to be a really important side character who doesn't get much screen time and that's what they did.
Taiga - So-so, the only problem I have with Taiga is that I actually expected a higher pitched annoying voice.
Kushieda - Why the hair color? Other then that, her hyperness is well contained.
Ami - Not Introduced Yet
Yasuko (Takasu's Mom) - Problem with hair color again and the novel made her seem more childish. Other then that, fine.
OP - No OP for first episode.
ED - Nothing special.

From reading most of the novel translations and the manga translations, I totally expected this anime to do bad because the source material is good but against my expectations, it seems to be doing everything write.
For the next episodes.
The pacing of the series seems to be rather slow actually, even though the manga is slower. However, the pacing is fine and if they tried to cram another scene in, they'd end the episode probably some time during the morning of the next day which would be bad. There is a reason why episodes usually seem to have the final scene be at night time.
Ami, I hope they don't mess up her voice nor her personality. Something like Miya's voice from Bamboo Blade would be good, using the exact same "Good/Evil" voice changes.
In all, I find that this series is centric around it's characters instead of a major plot line so the decisive factor of this anime relies on the adaptation of the characters and their interactions with each other. I hope this doesn't end early/change the ending nor doesn't drag on for like 3 seasons (Like ZnT, etc). Well the source novels do have quite a few books out so the first one shouldn't happen however they could easily drag it on.

Note: if case of TL;DR, summary is "What the hell, why is this anime doing it right? That makes me angry, hurry up and screw up please."
Oct 2, 2008 9:09 PM

Aug 2007
This is probably one of the rare shows that I prefer the anime to the manga.

The anime had a unique camera angle occasionally, animation was fluid, VA's were top notch, and the monologue's are awesome.
Oct 2, 2008 9:26 PM

Jul 2007
First episode was pretty funny, this is definitely going to be an entertaining series to watch^^,

Taiga! :D
Oct 2, 2008 9:35 PM

May 2008
Tsundere
LOL!!!
Oct 2, 2008 10:19 PM

Mar 2008
Uresai was definitely fanservice

The show looks good, might not be the next big thing in moe as suggests though
Oct 2, 2008 10:26 PM

Jun 2008
I liked the first episode more than I thought I would -- the leads are just fine, and the best friends have some good potential as well. There were some genuinely funny moments, as well. Very solid opening that has me looking forward to more. :)
Oct 2, 2008 10:30 PM

Jan 2008
Little tiger that's deadly with a bokutou - what's not to like?
Oct 2, 2008 11:17 PM

Aug 2007
there's a lot more to expect, it's just the first episode, yet quite impressive.
Oct 2, 2008 11:58 PM

Feb 2008
Interesting. Not a masterpiece, but I think I'll enjoy this.
Oct 2, 2008 11:58 PM

Mar 2007
Hakkai said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, first episode just aired, it wasn't bad but i prefer the manga.
Also, urusai, urusai!

...lol "i love the manga better" I swear the header should say "DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA"

...would tone down on the post whoring. Anyways, Taiga is ftfw. And who gives a fk about the manga... its a slice of life comedy. Dont expect a deep psychological thriller out of this series.

Taiga looks a little like Chiaki but obviously more agressive. And the plot feels a little Love Com ish. But overall i like it :)

Spools said:
cereal said:

Its not THAT hard, just think outside the box a little:

Method 1:
-Taiga is friends with Minori
-Minori is good friends with Yuuske
-Yuuske is best friends with Ryuuji
So my assumption was that Taiga got the phone number from Minori, but if she didnt know it she either asked or gave Yuuske's number and Yuuske probably gave her the number.

Method 2:
Also she dropped the love letter in to Ryuuji's bag on accident. She couldve been snoopin and found his cellphone .

Method 3:
After she broke in, she could've snooped around the house

Method 4 (most likely method):
Maybe after Ryuuji made that promise to Taiga they swapped numbers. It wasnt on camera but thats probably the most reasonable answer. Also, she already knows where he lives, considering how close they live to gether.

...yes think outside the box ;)
RanivusOct 3, 2008 12:06 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Oct 2, 2008 11:59 PM

Dec 2007
LOL the first episode was very funny and it was alot easier to understand than the first couple of manga chapters.
Oct 3, 2008 12:30 AM
Mar 2008
Damn that was fun, boku and urusai, and the animation was sweet. Hope it keeps up.
Oct 3, 2008 12:41 AM

Nov 2007
Kugimiya Rie + Horie Yui = enough reason for me to love a show.
Oct 3, 2008 12:57 AM

Jul 2008
The anime looks interesting and the first episode was very funny.
Oct 3, 2008 1:07 AM

Oct 2007
Very good first episode. It didn't dissapoint me at all, and I liked the fact that Taiga sounded different than Shana, Louise and Nagi.
the animation was nice and smooth, and the art was good.
Looks really promising, and defenetly waiting to see more of this.
Oct 3, 2008 1:20 AM
May 2008
Not a bad start for the first episode of Toradora. I also enjoy the ending theme song as well. :)
Dark-EvolutionOct 3, 2008 1:29 AM
Oct 3, 2008 1:49 AM

Jun 2007
ahh crap more Kugimiya Rie >.<. I didn't know Taiga's VA was Kugimiya Rie till I started watching the episode lol. I love Kugimiya Rie as much as the next guy but after finishing Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ I cant get that shitty fail fest feeling out of my head every time I hear her voice say dog. That series was horrible but hopefully this one will be amazing and fill my original expectations.
Oct 3, 2008 1:50 AM

Dec 2007
Yeah, Toradora really so god damn great. Kugimiya Rie is as awesome as always. Main guy seems ok too. Taiga is so cute ;).

I knew all along that this will be an awesome anime and I'm really satisfied so far. Let's just hope that pace will keep up, and we won't have to watch too many fillers.
Oct 3, 2008 1:53 AM

Nov 2007
This is the first series I've checked out this season, and I already know it's going to be the best (of the original ones, some sequels may surpass it... but even that will be tough!).
Oct 3, 2008 1:58 AM

Jan 2008
Omg, I thought the bird was saying "Kill meeee Kill meeeee".
Oct 3, 2008 2:06 AM

Dec 2007
skyenix said:
Omg, I thought the bird was saying "Kill meeee Kill meeeee".

Lol, That's really creepy ;). But with his looks I wouldn't be really surprised if he would actually saying that.
Oct 3, 2008 2:16 AM
Sep 2008
its a good start, i liked how she forgot to put letter in the envelope.

lol at him begging to clean her house and shes asleep.
Oct 3, 2008 4:15 AM

Feb 2008
I actually found the first episode rather funny, didn't expect anything from this show but it had some nice twists which made it a lot more interesting. I have high expectations for the next episode.
[fancy signature here]
Oct 3, 2008 5:02 AM

Apr 2007
A pretty funny start. I'm looking forward to this.

Oct 3, 2008 5:08 AM

Jan 2008
From someone who has never read the novel or manga, it's an interesting start. The dialogue at the start of the episode and the pace of the events kind of foreshadowed what was going to happen, but it's not as if we didn't know already. :)

Probably I won't be watching the rest of the episodes, though, this was just to get a quick first impression of the series.
Oct 3, 2008 5:23 AM

Jul 2008
Anime-Destiny said:
Not a bad start for the first episode of Toradora. I also enjoy the ending theme song as well. :)

I SECOND the ending theme song and I even KARAOKE IT! :P
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 3, 2008 5:29 AM
Aug 2007
So where are Kana and Haruka? Oh wait, this isn't the third season of Minami-ke? THEN WHY IS CHIAKI IN IT!?!?!?!

Other than that, I'm pleasantly surprised by this. I'm not a Kugimiya Rie fan (found Shana boring and refused to watch ZnT) but characters seem interesting.
Oct 3, 2008 5:37 AM

Jan 2008
Lol that was fun to watch. Look forward to more :D
Oct 3, 2008 5:42 AM

Jul 2008
aero said:
Lol that was fun to watch. Look forward to more :D

You better join on Hyakko too since I see you like Hidamari Sketch. It looks a lot like it.
Oct 3, 2008 5:49 AM

May 2007
This will easily be enough to cover my tsundere needs for this fall. Even though the first part was dull, it became pretty interesting after Chiaki Taiga came. The main guy is pretty funny, but I can say that I didn't like his seiyuu.

Oh, and, any anime containing our beloved tsundere queen Kugimiya Rie and Hocchan is pure win.
Oct 3, 2008 5:52 AM

Jan 2008
angel999 said:
You better join on Hyakko too since I see you like Hidamari Sketch. It looks a lot like it.
Thanks I'll add that to my list.

DaBigD said:
it became pretty interesting after Chiaki Taiga came.
Yeah, I forgot to add, I thought Taiga looked a lot like Chiaki too XD
Oct 3, 2008 6:01 AM

Feb 2007
Well, ignoring Shana and ZnT like the plague (or Taiga's sink), this would mean Toradora is my first anime with the Rie + Tsundere combo. Pleasantly surprised with the first episode.

Production wise, it was nice, and I got quite a few laughs as well. Taiga is cute. Everyone's said it, but I want to say it too. xD

Definitely going to keep an eye on this. Probably going to be a good anime for pure entertainment.
Oct 3, 2008 6:55 AM

Jul 2008
aero said:
angel999 said:

DaBigD said:
She was definitely giving me Chiaki vibes.
Oct 3, 2008 6:59 AM

Oct 2007
Good first episode! - good animation, characters and good comedy and after watching it - simular to Zero no Tsukaima, lol!

But lookinf forward to the rest of the season
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2008 7:11 AM

Jul 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
aero said:
angel999 said:

DaBigD said:
She was definitely giving me Chiaki vibes.

I will correct that...CHIAKI VIBES MINUS THE IMMATURITY. I find Aisaka more mature than Chiaki a little but not much.
Oct 3, 2008 7:14 AM

May 2008
Loved every second of it, somehow it makes me remember school rumble :P
Oct 3, 2008 8:15 AM

Nov 2007
It's a good first episode. I hope the ones that follow will be even better.

I lost some respect for JC Staff after ZnT3, but maybe this one will more than make up for it.
Oct 3, 2008 8:25 AM

Aug 2007
What a great episode.

Everything was top notch, the animation was great, the characters are great. I really like Ryuuji facial expression. They are done really well. I can't wait for the next episode, it looks like I will enjoy this new anime season after all.
Oct 3, 2008 8:48 AM

Apr 2007
Now that was way better than I thought it would be.

Also, Rie is not using the usual tsundere voice for Taiga, so props to her! XD

This show has my interest, will definitely continue watching.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.