Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2008 3:08 AM
Oct 2007
Mhia said:
I like how Taiga's voice is a bit different from the other three.

I agree. I was expecting her voice to be just like Louise but I'm glad it's not. Gave me quite a surprise. I like it better. Makes Taiga unique.

Very good episode. I think this show will be promising.
Oct 2, 2008 3:10 AM

Mar 2008
Good episode. Anybody know which grp is subbing this?
~Friendship is so sweet that it can cause tooth decay~

~Respect the losers, cause without them, there'll be no winners~
Oct 2, 2008 3:57 AM
Sep 2007
Oct 2, 2008 4:12 AM

Jul 2008
WingsOfLight28 said:
Good episode. Anybody know which grp is subbing this?

Mayu I think.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 2, 2008 4:29 AM

Sep 2007
Well, not a bad start, at least its sticking close to the manga so far. Also, I expected Inko to be funnier. . .
Oct 2, 2008 5:01 AM

May 2008
It was an alright episode even though i still find Taiga's character design look to similar to another well known character.

I also preferred the Manga version of Yasuko.
Oct 2, 2008 6:53 AM

Jun 2008
Watching RAW? Or subbed.
Oct 2, 2008 7:18 AM

Jul 2008
Darkii said:
Watching RAW? Or subbed.
RAW but like I said before Mayu with Genjo is picking this up so EXPECT GREAT subbing.

Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
Sorry for being late boys.

...What? Who are you?

angel999 said:
I think this will be like Hayate no Gotoku with some triangle.

I see absolutely no resemblance to HnG other than a tsundere female lead. And what triangle? HnG barely had any romance.

angel999 said:

LOL Ai saka aka Taiga is REALLY INTERESTING in personality...half romantic/half tomboyish.

Yeah... it's called tsundere.

angel999 said:
The school seems to know somethings about Ryuu and why he is scarier then he seems.

He's the son of a gangster not to mention he looks like him so he obviously gets people intimidated. He even mentioned it in the episode.

Overall, a good episode. I wanted to see the OP though. D:

I did not know exactly what was mean by Tsundere but as of now only cosplay made officially into the dictionary so thanks for the info.

I am just someone who find anime interesting.

Oh but there is a resemblance to HnG in terms comedy and settings are also somewhat familiar but I never said it was 100% similar just certain elements.

Even though Ryuu seems to be like you mentioned it is not his intention...did you not see that he returned the wallets to the lost and found?
angel999Oct 2, 2008 3:03 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 2, 2008 7:32 AM

Jun 2008
angel999 said:
Darkii said:
Watching RAW? Or subbed.
RAW but like I said before Mayu with Genjo is picking this up so EXPECT GREAT subbing.

:3
Oct 2, 2008 2:23 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well the gg sub is out. It was good. A few things I would've worded differently but still a good sub.

Episode itself was great. I laughed a lot and Kugimiya Tsundere are awesome anyway. Taiga is cute, I'm looking forward to more.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 2, 2008 2:24 PM

Sep 2007
Tsun-Tsun-Dere-dere.

Oct 2, 2008 2:40 PM
Dec 2007
I was thinking Toradora would be along the line of Shana or Zero no Tsukaima, but direction's actually much much better. Interesting start, veen if I can't find myself to like the characters yet.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 2, 2008 2:43 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
Sorry for being late boys.

...What? Who are you?

angel999 said:
I think this will be like Hayate no Gotoku with some triangle.

I see absolutely no resemblance to HnG other than a tsundere female lead. And what triangle? HnG barely had any romance.

angel999 said:

LOL Ai saka aka Taiga is REALLY INTERESTING in personality...half romantic/half tomboyish.

Yeah... it's called tsundere.

angel999 said:
The school seems to know somethings about Ryuu and why he is scarier then he seems.

He's the son of a gangster not to mention he looks like him so he obviously gets people intimidated. He even mentioned it in the episode.

Overall, a good episode. I wanted to see the OP though. D:
Oct 2, 2008 2:56 PM

Mar 2008
This was really funny. A bit different than I expected, and really funny. The world doesn't need another Shana/Louise, but Aisaga is at least bearable.
Oct 2, 2008 3:17 PM

Jan 2008
I've read some of the manga, and I must admit that I am very pleased with the way they have started of the series so far - I'm definatly going to keep watching this show
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~
Oct 2, 2008 3:17 PM

Jan 2007
i was a bit underwhelmed at start but the second half really kicked into gears. Not sold on the animation but certainly not terrible. Rie as Taiga is not bad. Music is ok so far.
Oct 2, 2008 3:33 PM

Feb 2007
wow, the plot of the serie did supprise me in a positive way, it's kinda an unique plot.
Humor is good too, I like it.

Donate to my awesomeness! | "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Oct 2, 2008 3:38 PM

Oct 2007
Another violent tsundere. Jesus. I despised Louise and if Taiga doesn't calm down in the next few episodes, I'm dropping this.

Also, I really hope they don't keep overplaying the whole "Ryuuji is scary!" deal. The way the classmates had already begun to realize that he only looked scary is a positive sign on that note.

I never read the manga, but this anime has potential, if they do tone down the "Ryuuji is scary!" stuff. I seriously doubt they'll let Taiga calm down, given the popularity of psychotic "tsundere" these days.
KuyuOct 2, 2008 3:54 PM
You can find me on IRC.
Oct 2, 2008 3:55 PM

Jun 2007
It was slightly better then I imagined.
I don't really like how they made Midori look and Taigas eyes don't look right as well but that would be about everything negative I've found.

I still prefer the manga but I'll follow this with good excitement. :3
Oct 2, 2008 3:59 PM

Feb 2008
Wasn't sure that I was going to keep watching for those first few minutes, but it was quite amusing. Not a big tsundere fan, but an over-the-top one can be good for a laugh.
Oct 2, 2008 4:03 PM

Apr 2007
From just seeing the first episode, I'm going to be watching this for sure. Its good to find an anime where it can make you laugh ^_^
Oct 2, 2008 4:12 PM

Feb 2007
URUCHAI URUCHAI URUCHAI.

What the hell happened in the classroom scene? I was right confused by that.

Oct 2, 2008 4:13 PM

May 2007
Fuck yeah Toradora!

Kraker2k said:
Taiga couldn't find her love letter to Takashi, and soon realized she mixed up her love letter in Ryuuji's school bag.
Oct 2, 2008 4:21 PM

Jun 2008
decent episode it was
Oct 2, 2008 4:33 PM
Apr 2008
Meh. Doesn't look particularly excellent, but not bad either. Probably going to end up a 7/10 if it keeps up at this rate.

Wow, a loli chick who's an ungrateful bitch that constantly shouts "Urusai" HASN'T been done at all... Pretty goddamn innovative... >.<
Oct 2, 2008 4:34 PM

Jul 2008
Better than what I've expected, definitely.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Oct 2, 2008 4:41 PM

Feb 2007
ChiBuki said:
Fuck yeah Toradora!

Kraker2k said:
Taiga couldn't find her love letter to Takashi, and soon realized she mixed up her love letter in Ryuuji's school bag.

I rewatched it and understood what happened. She ran into the locker to hide when someone opened the door[hence the tables flying] but fell out and then tried to take back the letter. Thanks.

Oct 2, 2008 4:51 PM

May 2007
Not bad. Not bad at all.

Will definitely continue and possibly pick up the manga counterpart.
Oct 2, 2008 4:54 PM

Feb 2008
hehe i guess her shana, and louise persona just wont disapear. why does she gotta be small in all aspects??!! i feel like im watching louise or shana in an alternate universe hehe.

aaaa I LIKE IT I LIKE IT. its gonna be one interesting show. although it does have the air of deja vu but anyways its still gonna be a good show.
Oct 2, 2008 5:00 PM

Feb 2008
wow this was really good and funny.
I laughed alot.
Inko is hilarious.
Oct 2, 2008 5:12 PM

Oct 2007
wow i really enjoyed that... had some crazy Shana flashbacks there lol... i loled at the censored sink... damn what a great start to the series
Oct 2, 2008 5:12 PM

Dec 2007
THANK YOU JC STAFF!
for finally doing a accurate adaptation of a light novel. I got used to the artwork pretty quickly and actually started liking it
No one seems to mention that the music was good too. =D

I loved it, can't wait for more
Oct 2, 2008 5:46 PM

Sep 2008
It was pretty good, I have no real complaints. I'll keep up with this one
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 2, 2008 5:52 PM

Sep 2007
I had a big sigh when Aisaka (I almost typed Louise there) started calling Ryuuji a dog. Sound familiar at all? D: I hope it doesn't become too prominent in the series or it gets a bad score. Otherwise, I rather liked the rest of the episode. At least so far I like Ryuuji a lot better than I liked Saito.
Oct 2, 2008 5:52 PM

Jan 2008
lmao, pretty good for a first ep.
Oct 2, 2008 5:54 PM

May 2007
Iriya said:
I had a big sigh when Aisaka (I almost typed Louise there) started calling Ryuuji a dog. Sound familiar at all? D: I hope it doesn't become too prominent in the series or it gets a bad score. Otherwise, I rather liked the rest of the episode. At least so far I like Ryuuji a lot better than I liked Saito.
Taiga called Ryuuji a dog also in the manga. If it wasn't for the seiyuu connection, there shouldn't be any familiarity. :)
Oct 2, 2008 5:59 PM

Sep 2007
ChiBuki said:
Iriya said:
Taiga called Ryuuji a dog also in the manga. If it wasn't for the seiyuu connection, there shouldn't be any familiarity. :)

Okay. I just got so tired of hearing Louise (sorry, I know you're a Louise fan, no offense meant here) that I just got a bad feeling when it was mentioned here too. So long as it isn't taken too far :)
Oct 2, 2008 6:26 PM
Nov 2007
Not bad, i love it how everyone just freaks out round Ryuuji
I'm still confused as to how Aisaka got Ryuuji's cellphone number.
Oct 2, 2008 7:03 PM
Sep 2008
I am loving the Rie Kugimiya.
Oct 2, 2008 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
Oh my GOD this makes me feel soo much better. After watching ZnT3 this is like heaven. Kugimiya Rie FTW!!!!1!!111
Oct 2, 2008 7:23 PM
Apr 2008
to me, this first ep of the series wasn't so bad but kind of a tipical love comedy at school (which i love) but it was still good so i gave it a 8
Oct 2, 2008 7:37 PM
Sep 2008
cereal said:

I was a bit curious about this as well.
Oct 2, 2008 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
Spools said:
cereal said:

I was a bit curious about this as well.

Presumption is she snooped around or found something that has it written on it or might have used other means through people since she mentioned that Ryuuji might be just one of her dogs. I say we do not know about her background too well yet so we do not know all her resources.

On that note I saw the subs. I AM IMPRESSED. Very unique mix of elements and of course MOE Aisaka X Ryuuji and SCREW Kitamura cause GLASS BOY ain't good with Aisaka.

NOW ME WANT A WIFE LIKE AISAKA.
Oct 2, 2008 7:51 PM

Nov 2007
It started really great. Let's hope the budget's body can take it.

JC Staff is getting good at the tsundere business, making upgrades here and there.

Also, Rie's voice acting is better by the season. Mizore -> Miharu -> Taiga confirms it.
Oct 2, 2008 7:58 PM

Feb 2008
haha from the looks fo it, this seems like the kind of show that suspends all basic logic and conventional thinking more than usual. i already get the feeling they are going to end up together.

someone who is mistaken for being mean and someone who is mean by nature. they go well together.
Oct 2, 2008 8:00 PM
Oct 2008
Just watched the sub and I gotta say that I'm enjoying it all over again.....except now I can understand it better.
I remember whoever scanlated the first two chapters of the manga, it was incoherent.
Oct 2, 2008 8:06 PM

Jun 2007
ChiBuki said:
Fuck yeah Toradora!

Kraker2k said:

yeah man, fuck yeah toradora xD
great adaptation so far. i liked the animation, and J.C. staff seems like will suffice to make the amazingness of toradora flow smoothly.
small changes from the manga didn't bother me at all. i love this one.
too bad gg's subs are only 848 x 400... i was expecting some H264 1280 x 720 or something like that, but hell, the animation was nice.
the first part seemed so slow, and so heartful.... when aisaka enters... its just awesome transition xD
ryuugi's mom is hilarious as well, reminds me of sensei in nogizaka xD
ryuugi looks like he is more evil than in the manga, can't wait to see how J.C staff does some of the most hilarious scenes in the manga XD

i also loved how ryuugi got cut off by getting punched by the palmtop tiger xD
the comedy was awesome.
low tsundere kugirie voice was awesome, nice change from shana and louise ;D
bedroom scene with taiga and her bokken was also nice. the animation was nice
the food was nice
i love taiga... she is already so deredere and tsuntsun xD
the art is not as bad as it looked on the promo pics... it actually looks nice
i will have to conform with "urusai urusai" for now xD
lol @ food censor xD
ED is really nice
i am looking forward to the OP
next episode should be hilariously awesome if they follow the manga (which they look like they will do)

first anime that i have watched after reading some of the manga xD

coolness from gg :D

EDIT: minori was also really cute... nice design i must say
Oct 2, 2008 8:14 PM

Dec 2007
i really like it :D

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Oct 2, 2008 8:16 PM
Nov 2007
im a little disappointed at how fast this is going compared to the manga :\
but eh.
overall, good start :3
Oct 2, 2008 8:27 PM

Jan 2008
:D

That was awesome, my only complaint: Minori's hair color.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Yesterday, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.