Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 4, 2022 6:12 AM
May 2020
Yoooo the part where they both did the drool magic exchange ritual Infront of the mom grave was so epic!

Honestly I really like this anime 7/10
Mar 5, 2022 10:46 PM

Sep 2018
Quite a fun school romance slice of life in the end, with the whole gimmick revolving around drool and the emotions it can resonate. I'll say it again, I was a bit put off in the first 1-3 episodes, but quickly became desensitized by the whole tasting of drool thing, as the show progressed and constantly repeated the process.

I thought they may have gone down the "why is this happening?" route or the "is she even human?" route (I still think she's an alien, just by all those little details you see every now and then, the UFO pen, her alien picture in her room, etc), but I guess this was nice in it's own right.

Her development was quite satisfying, going from a nonchalant, no drama sort of person, to showing more emotion in certain situations, it ended up being quite a wholesome and cute anime, which I didn't really see coming at the beginning.

I see there's no 2nd season, which greatly sucks. Might have to pick up the manga, which I rarely do, but I'm quite interested in seeing what happens next. 8/10.
Mar 22, 2022 5:13 PM

Aug 2013
It took some time to adapt on how the drool is animated, I can say for sure that I'm not a fan of it..
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Jul 20, 2022 7:45 AM

Apr 2020
So first of all, Akira seeing his sister's drool makes him think of something weird and I thought wow this is the only....no need to go forward with my thoughts.

Anyways, nice for Youko (Akira's sis) to have a chat with Urabe. Youko has a very interesting backstory with her past boyfriend, after graduating they slowly drifted apart and never met each other again. This was a time when communication is restricted to letters and maybe a phone call but that's it, so I guess this might be a common storyline in Japan before the Heisei era. And hey I hope when Akira grows up, she'll find happiness and maybe she can get in touch to her highschool sweetheart again.

Akira visiting his mom's grave with his family and later with Mikoto is so nice to see. That last scene when they tasted each other's drool and in that fashion (even though they're in front of a freaking grave) was cherry on top. That is the testament of their bond and at this point they might do whatever they want, lovely or dirty. And with that, as the sakura leaves blossom, the show has ended.

Nazo no Kanojo X is a very good show. Maybe it was for the best that this show remains mysterious to a lot of people especially with the shows that came out at the same year, so that when they watch this show they will realize that this is more than just some drool and fanservice. This show will definitely be a part of shows that I grow to cherish and respect in my hall of elite and memorable anime.

And though this one has an OVA, I will pass on that for now, because with this ending it will take some time for this show to sink in and me appreciating its value to me. Once again, I love this show and what it speaks to me, 8/10 for a very weird but lovely anime.
Aug 12, 2022 8:47 PM
Apr 2021
Very sad its over now ;-;
Sep 29, 2022 12:36 AM
Feb 2021
deffinitlu picked up more stuff the second time I watched
Oct 29, 2022 7:45 PM

May 2014
mysterious girlfriend x is set so far apart from most other teen pervert stories by being about characters that are actually willing to trust each other and learn how to communicate their desires and limits. at least it is for the amount of the manga that this anime adapts.

as for the anime, it's not a very interesting adaptation, all the high density detail stuff that i adore in the manga is just barely present at all in this but i expected as much. the dream segments suffer the worst from this being turned into 3d but i guess there wasn't much choice.

it's adequate, but i definitely prefer the manga versions of all these same events
Nov 29, 2022 1:57 PM
Jul 2017
So, it could have ended better, but it wasn't a bad ending, I'd say it was beautiful. This anime is weirdly good.
Feb 6, 2023 8:28 PM

Aug 2014
This was a nice ecchi anime (Im surprised that MAL doesnt have the Ecchi tag in it). 

All the girls in this anime have AMAZING curvy bodies. 

Male MC is ok, but just the typical dorky looking MC with no amazing qualities, that for some reason has girls after him (yummy girls at that) 

I would have liked to see some ecchi scenes of the older sister of the male MC

As for the female MC, she was a cutie with an amazing body. I really do wish she would have remained tanned. 

The pacing of each episode can be slow, but youre always rewarded with the ecchi in the end
Apr 3, 2023 3:11 PM
Dec 2021
buce anime but no season 2 unforchonatlii
Jun 16, 2023 4:03 PM
Jun 2023
Good episode, leaves you wanting more
MercurioSayajinFeb 27, 11:12 PM
Jul 13, 2023 3:53 PM

Jul 2017
This may be the weirdest romance I've ever seen, but it somehow manages to make me love the characters, especially Urabe and Oka. Didn't really mind the drool, and it had many good scenes. The romance was pretty well oriented and the animation was, while not Ufotable quality, pretty good too. There were also a couple of memorable OSTs (which I found pretty videogame-like). It convinced me of reading the manga... 8/10.
Aug 18, 2023 5:05 AM
May 2023
its really good but sometimes this this anime gives me ecchi vibes....
Sep 12, 2023 9:56 PM
Mar 2023
Reply to swe3tsweetest
its really good but sometimes this this anime gives me ecchi vibes....
@swe3tsweetest it is a ecchi the characters are quite litterly naked in some episodes
Dec 15, 2023 12:53 PM

Aug 2019
very weird drool spit fetish romance show with a good ost.

the first like 5 episodes weirded me out so much i had to ask "what?" outloud multiple times each episode. then just kinda got used to it :D. it was a decent show just kinda felt like nothing actually happened... they definetly got closer but they didnt even kiss. the farthest they got was a hug in the 2nd last episode.

definetly my favorite song from the ost
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 7:11 AM
Jan 2024
Plz make season 2 I really love this anime
Feb 14, 2:27 PM
Feb 2022
decent ending too bad no season 2:/
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 23, 2012

80 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

106 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2012

121 by Aoboba »»
Feb 23, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 2, 2012

82 by Aoboba »»
Feb 22, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Nazo no Kanojo X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2012

101 by BL4Z333 »»
Feb 12, 9:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.