Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 2012 7:06 AM

Jan 2011
It's a nice ending for this show, like the show itself pretty light-hearted and full of friendship.
Jun 30, 2012 7:33 AM

Nov 2007
A very good show that values true friendship. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would after the first couple of episodes.

Favourite girl? If I have to pick, it would be Yuka. She has been the energy of this anime for me.

7/10 for a fun and warm ride.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2012 8:39 AM

Feb 2012
7/10
Jun 30, 2012 1:44 PM

Aug 2008
Decent ending to a decent series overall.

If I were to get one thing outta this, the show really hammered into my mind how I wish I had extremely close friends like those four lulz.
Jun 30, 2012 3:37 PM

Jul 2010
I really figured actually nailing the audition would be the way to break the infinite loop, but it turned out it wasn't. They had to give up the whole "wishing on the big rock" thing to end it. In the end they didn't pass the audition and they couldn't stop Saki from moving.

Overall an OK slice of life, yet also nothing special. 7/10

Jun 30, 2012 6:33 PM

May 2008
FRIENDS FOREVER . Thats the best. love the opening and ending makes this show 10 times better.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 30, 2012 7:39 PM
Jun 2008
& oh at least got their mountain boo http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6f7lycoe61rnvlipo1_500.png
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jun 30, 2012 8:57 PM

Jul 2008
Maddo_scientisto said:

Well to me the next episode look kind of obvious.
I beleive that their wish will be granted for as long as they want but that the point of the situation is that they won't ever be able to move foward as long as they do not accept Saki leaving the town.
The wish will be cancelled the moment they'll accept the situation and will be able to see Saki off with a smile.

From last week, close enough.

Also the way Rin's mom took the time to go take a coffee with Natsumi's saying that something was bothering her makes me beleive that all of the cast's mom when they were younger also had their share of experience with the big rock.
Wasn't explicitely said or anything but that's the impression I got.
Jun 30, 2012 10:28 PM

Sep 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:
Maddo_scientisto said:

Well to me the next episode look kind of obvious.
I beleive that their wish will be granted for as long as they want but that the point of the situation is that they won't ever be able to move foward as long as they do not accept Saki leaving the town.
The wish will be cancelled the moment they'll accept the situation and will be able to see Saki off with a smile.

From last week, close enough.

Also the way Rin's mom took the time to go take a coffee with Natsumi's saying that something was bothering her makes me beleive that all of the cast's mom when they were younger also had their share of experience with the big rock.
Wasn't explicitely said or anything but that's the impression I got.

I was thinking this as well.

I'll give this 6/10, which is a lot higher than I thought I was going to give it after the first couple of episodes.
Jul 1, 2012 3:47 AM

Jul 2011
Enjoyable. 7/10
Jul 1, 2012 8:38 AM

Jun 2011
Post-Josh said:
Can't say I'm going to remember anything about this show in a week. Had its cute moments, but that's literally it.

Agreed. Its a a bit too bland imo, even with the wish making thing. Almost every episode was pretty boring. Also I was hoping that they would prevent Saki from moving ever since it was mentioned but doubted it after they went to the island and i was right so im disappointed.

The final episode wasnt anything special imo, it was just like any of the previous episode. Except for the last bits about them wishing that they would be friends forever, which made it feel like a last episode to me. Only thing i liked a lot bout this series is the songs by Sphere, thats all. The characters were interesting but not THAT interesting. So a 6/10 for me
Jul 1, 2012 10:17 AM
May 2012
I love how they kept it simple despite the wishing thing. They just kept on going with their daily lives. All i really see throughout is four girls living through summer vacation, making memories, that's it, pure slice of life, despite that supernatural mix up.

Plus, their awesome music makes this an enjoyable experience. And I don't see anything wrong with their artwork. But i don't care, it's DAMN GOOD for me.

I would give this a 9 if they didn't give closure to Saki moving. But i'm glad they did, so i would this a 9.5, making this 10/10.

Haven't had this good slice of life since Hanasaku Iroha and Nichijou, glad i watched this one.
Den0sJul 3, 2012 7:27 AM
Jul 1, 2012 11:56 AM

Mar 2010
Oh god that ending, I almost felt like crying a bit. The characters were great and I just loved the show in general. They went through a lot together and it was just a great experience to watch this.

10/10
Jul 1, 2012 11:57 AM

Jul 2011
that was pretty heartwarming, i enjoyed watching this show overall. there are sad and happy moments, i love this show nonetheless.
Jul 1, 2012 1:34 PM
Feb 2011
5/10
­
Jul 1, 2012 5:03 PM

Aug 2011
Much improved from the silly tantrums of the first episode. This was largely a show that I was rarely excited to watch but usually found myself surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

For me, the worst parts about this show was their quest to become idols, and the best parts were their crazy adventures due to the big rock. Memorable moments include the Yuka/Saki bodyswap and when the team met their younger selves.

I thought it was an ideal ending, I was always more interested in how far their friendship could last instead of their interest in becoming stars. I'm a little shocked at their rejection from the auditions despite their perfect performance on the last day. I thought it was also hinted that Rin's mother had past experiences with the miracle rock which would have been quite a development if that was the case. Sad to see Saki make the move but at least they're trying their best to uphold their bonds.

OP and ED were a delight to watch, I love Sphere's songs and this was no exception. 7/10.
Jul 2, 2012 8:22 AM
May 2012
Sad to see Saki go. or is she?

If it is, will they ever see Saki again?

Hope there will be another season this time takes place in Winter/spring.
Jul 2, 2012 4:55 PM

Oct 2007
Now matter how much I love this show I have to agree that this is the perfect place to end the show.

10/10

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 2, 2012 8:45 PM

Nov 2011
Not bad, I enjoyed this series more than I originally hoped. Best friends forever? Yup bff, shalalala.
Jul 3, 2012 8:18 PM

Jun 2008
I will never understand why this show is rated so poorly. It was definitely my favorite serious show of the season (because Upotte!! is not serious) and the one I looked forward to the most every week. 8/10, and I'd love to see more, though that probably won't happen.
Jul 5, 2012 11:35 AM

May 2011
I expected this ending to be much more sadder with Saki having to leave, especially with the way they were setting it up the last couple of episodes. But it didn't really turn out that way. I guess they did a nice job transitioning it to end on a happier note, with the 4 of them wishing to be best friends forever. That sure was heartwarming to see.

This show was seriously underrated and I liked it a lot. It would have been awesome to see more of this and watch their situation after Saki had moved; but yeh its probably not happening. Ahhh I sure am going to miss watching these 4 girls do their things every week. Oh and the songs in this anime were fantastic.
Jul 5, 2012 4:25 PM

Feb 2011
Pretty good 7/10.

That was a great concept for a SoL.
Jul 6, 2012 2:44 AM

Jan 2011
Decent, but I expected more emotions when Saki left, it turns out it was one of those everyone-is-happy endings. I found this quite lame.
I guess there won't be a second season since they could barely animate this season with their budget.
Overall 7/10, it was entertaining.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 1, 2012 6:10 AM

Feb 2010
One of the best anime I've watched in a while. Strong 8/10!
Very good final episode, no bitter-sweet undercurrent in this episodes proves it. I still shed a couple tears, though. ;__;
Aug 12, 2012 4:24 PM

May 2010
No explanation on whatsoever on how the rock works.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 27, 2012 2:21 PM

Jan 2012
endless eight! saki-obaasan, u need to use a voice that is 10 years younger. other than that, this anime is nothing really special.

Rocky, Rocky, Rocky Daikazoku out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 16, 2012 3:32 PM

Jan 2012
nice end to a nice anime
9/10
Oct 17, 2012 4:56 PM

Apr 2010
touching ending,but overal it was boring
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Dec 30, 2012 8:01 AM
Feb 2012
9/10

I might be a little biased caused by nostalgic feelings but this show about friendship- eternal friendship- really touched me, made me smile but also tear up every so often. In the end I can think about it while smiling and that's what such an anime should be able to achieve.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 5, 2015 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
I guess my prediction of their grandeur debut as idols to end the summer was a little out of reach, even as a miracle. Saki really summed up my thoughts on this episode well - that it's not a memory if it never ends. It seems like Rin's mom knew about the rock and I'm guessing her and the others used to wish on it once upon a time as well.

Overall this had a splendid mix of hilarity, drama, and slice of life moments. Natsuiro did a good job at portraying and building the sense of a strong bond between Yuka, Rin, Saki, and Natsumi. Their interactions just seemed a bit more grounded and down to Earth, like what I'd expect from a group of close friends. It felt more personal that way. The biggest theme I'd say I took away from this is to use the time I have for the most precious things to me, since farewells and goodbyes are inevitable. This series had an especially profound impact on me considering I moved in my second year of middle school as well and left behind a company of good friends that I would constantly spend night and day around.

7.5/10, a solid slice of life that I could both enjoy and relate to, even on a bittersweet note.
Jun 30, 2016 5:31 PM

Sep 2015
Well that was a fun 12 episode ride. Good moments throughout the entire series but by the end of it all I felt like it was a bit lackluster in the grand scheme of things. The addition of a magical rock that could grant wishes had a lot of potential behind it and while it did give us some moments, at other times it felt kind of weak. It reminds me a bit of Hanayamata, the traditional yosakoi dance being the central theme for Hanayamata was quite interesting and I wish the show had gone a bit deeper into it. Same with Natsuiro Kiseki. I wish the show used the magical rock more or gave it a bit more oopmh. Speaking of oomph, the ending was satisfying but it also lacked any oomph.

A bit weak, lots of room for more but as a cute slice of life anime that is only 12 episodes long, it's mediocre storytelling and execution is enough to keep viewers who enjoy these genres entertained. It's not bad by any means but there are other shows that do the job better, a general viewer would likely pass this show up but someone who really likes slice of life will find this anime decent.

Yuka really brought the series to life for me. I love her cheerful attitude and quirky antics.

I just wish there was more to it. 7/10
Now onto the OVA!
HecticLeoJun 30, 2016 5:34 PM
Oct 14, 2017 8:15 AM

Aug 2014
it was ok

and they probably wouldve split anyway had they stayed because of their job goals..
Apr 30, 2020 5:59 PM

Apr 2009
I think it's a nice ending to just give up on the rock and live a normal life again.

8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2020 5:16 AM

Aug 2018
Finally got a courage to finish this last episode lol i thought it will be sad af but its actually fine not that so sad. The outcome still the same Saki will be leaving them which pretty sad though.

Overall story was decent,characters were great which i really love in this anime.It had great episodes.I love also the closeness and bonding of them four.
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 16, 2022 12:32 AM

Jan 2020
I guess the comment about the rock having a cousin during the hot spring episode wasn't just a joke. There are a ton of rocks in this extended family. NoWhErE iS sAfE!

Going into this anime I legitimately wasn't expecting it to be about idols. That being said, I did enjoy it as a whole. I wouldn't say it was amazing, but it definitely was a fun and easy watch.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 12, 2022 4:02 AM

Aug 2018
the paint by numbers cast of characters really held this show back from realizing it's full potential. If they had each been given more opportunity to show personal individuality it would have helped immensely. Only in the last two episodes did I really feel any life from them. Well, except for Yuka. She was the star of the show. She's annoying? Yes, sometimes. But annoying is preferable to boring.

Anyway, 6/10.
Jan 12, 2023 1:14 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Well i don't quite understand the logic of the wishes, you already keep wishing a ridiculous wish and why don't you wish saki will stay with you always? And why dont give saki a chance to talk to her parents? Well just 7/10 for me
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuiro Kiseki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Apr 26, 2012

69 by SirImbalot »»
Feb 16, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Natsuiro Kiseki Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - May 10, 2012

45 by Assassin2112 »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:26 PM

» I'm from 2023

Ghefira - Aug 8, 2023

1 by Frost782 »»
Aug 8, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Natsuiro Kiseki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 21, 2012

65 by epidemia78 »»
Dec 12, 2022 2:59 AM

Poll: » Natsuiro Kiseki Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

49 by commonxreaction »»
Nov 15, 2022 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.