Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 30, 2012 8:42 PM

Aug 2010
I don't know if I'll continue watching this one. I'm on the fence right now. The premise doesn't interest me too much.
Jun 30, 2012 9:05 PM

Aug 2010
well shit, they jumped right into the action.
At least the male protagonist isn't useless/getting in the way.
seemed good to me.
4/5
Jun 30, 2012 9:08 PM

Jun 2010
Interesting. Can't wait for more.

Had to rewatch some parts because I kept getting confused.

Jun 30, 2012 9:10 PM

Jun 2011
So much happening for the first episode it seems as though its being rushed to fit a 12 episode long anime or something. it was still alright though
Jun 30, 2012 9:10 PM
Jun 2012
shanimebib said:
As long as it doesnt become a pantsu anime, I think I will be enjoying it. Tsundere Erica already kissed Godou. But I have seen more anime like this. The only couple of things worth the mention are the animation quality, even for a webrip, it looked fantastic and the background music. The other couple of reasons to continue will be Erica and Gilgamesh no Chikara.

4/5 for this episode.

Tsundere??? Erica?? Nah....Godou is more Tsundere like.... Erica is pretty open ..:D u will see....remember this is V3 of LN 'The first Tale'
I wonder if they are skipping V11 'the second tale' if they make V3 that way....
NVM...About Godou power...apart from Sword of wisdom...
<<This is from Jcafe ,From Kadi summaries>>
The forms are
noireoJun 30, 2012 10:30 PM
Jun 30, 2012 9:15 PM

Feb 2012
5/5 for this episode and I have got to say, this is the best first episode of anything I have ever seen. Holy fuck, we had a kiss in the first damn episode, some very nice fan service, some awesome transformations, some intense action, and a pretty interesting story, not to mention a very likable heroine. I wasn't even excited for this show, but figured I'd watch it anyway. Well now I am incredibly excited - must have more. Hell, I might even rewatch this ep when it comes out in 720p. What a start.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jun 30, 2012 9:18 PM
Dec 2010
Reminds me of Rubick from Dota2. Such an epic steal right there.
Jun 30, 2012 9:18 PM
Mar 2011
I was hooked by the first 2 minutes i hope its nice and lengthy i will be PISSED if it ends up being a twelver, also that scene with all the swords reminds me of gilgameshes gate of babelon from f/n and f/z or am i wrong in my impression? plus its HAREM, im a harem junky school comedies ar efine but its even better when it has magic, adventure, and bass ass fight scenes im watching this till the end. also it seems they did what they did with hyoka ryoran samurai girls, where they aired it before the set date, altho in this animes case we only have to wait about a week where as with the ryoran girls i had to wait about 3 haha. 10/10
Jun 30, 2012 9:31 PM
Apr 2011
Vizi_Reality said:
that was a good episode
But there are still some part that are confusing
I think I will enjoy this :)

I agree but as far as first episodes go i think they got it perfect, i don't mind being left abit confused solong as they explain it and since the MC doesn't even know whats going on himself we should get a explaination when he does.

I have to admit the protagonist made a epic steal when he took the golden sword. I can't wait to see what happens from here and its rare to find a protagonist that smiles in the middle of a battle.
reallybigshrimpJun 30, 2012 9:40 PM
Jun 30, 2012 9:32 PM

Jan 2012
Loved this episode though we'll have to wait almost two weeks for the next. I hope it's 24 eps but most likely it's 12. Hope that this turns out to be a great series.
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Jun 30, 2012 9:33 PM

Apr 2012
This anime could either be really mediocre or pretty good.
Can't really tell from the first episode. I haven't watched a good fantasy/magic series in a long time so I might stay for the ride. Mythology is a plus and the main character is archer class? XD unlimited blade worksss

Jun 30, 2012 9:36 PM

Sep 2011
Wasn't this supposed to air on July 6th?
Jun 30, 2012 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
Tyrel said:

Preview airing episode on Nico Nico.
Jun 30, 2012 9:40 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
Tyrel said:

Preview airing episode on Nico Nico.

Ah thats why I see xD. I was able to find subs, but I'll wait until someone subs it :/. Show looks very promising since I like these types of shows.
Jun 30, 2012 9:48 PM

Jan 2009
Ending reminds me of a mix of Gilgamesh's gate of Babylon and Archer's Unlimited Blade Works

Jun 30, 2012 9:54 PM

Apr 2009
so basically, the protagonist happened to become Campione because some cocky god wanted to have an entertaining fight by reviving other gods and making himself one incarnation weaker and give that to a potential human warrior? well, too bad he gets defeated and this human takes the glory.. ok.. fair enough.. but i don't like the way how everything started from that for this show..

also, since the novel readers claim that this show started out in the 3rd volume and with that kind of pacing, i can see that this show is most likely going to be only 1-cour.. i also don't think Diomedea has enough budget for 2-cour based on the latest shows that they've aired.. this is basically an advertisement for you to read the source material..

anyway, hawt heroines wearing red are HNNNGGGHH in my book.. and action scenes are ok.. sword spams seem to be a thing these days..

and noireo, why didn't you put most of your post in spoiler tags? now i know what action scenes to expect in detail..
argiliumJun 30, 2012 10:04 PM
Jun 30, 2012 9:58 PM

Oct 2011
As long as there's more plot than boobs, I'm in.
Jun 30, 2012 10:05 PM

Apr 2012
+ Mythology
+ Male protagonist isn't really that dense
+ His power looks awesome
+ Heroine isn't the generic Tsundere
+ Action from the first episode, made well

- None

5/5

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 30, 2012 10:12 PM

Dec 2011
Did he just steal both Gate of Babylon and Unlimited Blade Works?
Jun 30, 2012 10:33 PM
Oct 2010
dat unlimited blade works at the end. lol at both of them drunk XD did like the maid. this looks pretty cool
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 30, 2012 10:41 PM
Jun 2012
argilium said:
so basically, the protagonist happened to become Campione because some cocky god wanted to have an entertaining fight by reviving other gods and making himself one incarnation weaker and give that to a potential human warrior? well, too bad he gets defeated and this human takes the glory.. ok.. fair enough.. but i don't like the way how everything started from that for this show..

also, since the novel readers claim that this show started out in the 3rd volume and with that kind of pacing, i can see that this show is most likely going to be only 1-cour.. i also don't think Diomedea has enough budget for 2-cour based on the latest shows that they've aired.. this is basically an advertisement for you to read the source material..

anyway, hawt heroines wearing red are HNNNGGGHH in my book.. and action scenes are ok.. sword spams seem to be a thing these days..

and noireo, why didn't you put most of your post in spoiler tags? now i know what action scenes to expect in detail..

Sorry about that, i was in a hurry and quite frustrated about this anime
BTW the right order for this LN was 3-11-1-2-4-5--to--12
Oh about 1 cour or 2 cour this could be 2cour since there are already from v5
Cramping 5volume in 1 cour is hard unless they change(ruined) it like this episode...
Never the less, if u are interested try reading it at Baka-tsuki.
The actual story is V3 is quite long and boring if u start reading from that one....but it is a good and necessary story
Jun 30, 2012 10:46 PM
Jun 2012
I'd say it is OK. I will definitely continue to watch it, but the episode seemed very rushed to me. I didn't understand some of the stuff that happened. Also, I think it was kind of quick for them to already kiss, they met like, the day before.
Jun 30, 2012 11:13 PM

Aug 2009
So this anime is like God of War and the descendant of Gilgamesh mixed together or something huh? lol...well I like war and gods in them, I hope this works out well in the end.
Jun 30, 2012 11:18 PM

May 2012
Anyone else think that the 2 main characters look allot like Ferris and Ryner of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu? Anyway the anime actually looks promising so I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.
Jun 30, 2012 11:40 PM
Apr 2012
Tru3Ph03niX said:

It even introduced the characters that'll show up later

anyway how do you guys know what happens in v3 and beyond when only up until vol2 is translated?

so far not bad... will keep watching
Jul 1, 2012 12:25 AM

May 2010
Hmmm... i dont know yet. im down for the whole battle of the god thing or man vs god, just because i like greek mythology and the character design, especially the female lead, not so much of the male lead, dont like em just yet but only time will tell, maybe he will "Man up"and become bad ass he sure at the end atleast.

Overall: Female is lead is hot, War of the god, Man becoming a half god (I think), Milf Witch,Epic Battle,Pimp ass Golden Sword and a Grimoire book that kinda reminded me of Zatch Bell for some reason.

ill stick around for a while, just because of the mythology behind this anime

Till Next week i guess
Jul 1, 2012 1:06 AM

Apr 2012
TheNVS said:
Anyone else think that the 2 main characters look allot like Ferris and Ryner of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu? Anyway the anime actually looks promising so I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.

yea it does
or aka legend of the legendary heroes
although legend of the legendary heroes felt a bit inconclusive i enjoyed the characters and the whole fantasy/magic feel to it. Felt like a RPG and this one has a similar atmosphere but probably a less dark atmosphere than the former.

Jul 1, 2012 1:10 AM

May 2012
Zeally said:
TheNVS said:

yea it does
although legend of the legendary heroes felt a bit inconclusive i enjoyed the characters and the whole fantasy/magic feel to it. Felt like a RPG and this one has a similar atmosphere but probably a less dark atmosphere than the former.

I agree, Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu or legend of the legendary heroes was a pretty awesome anime that needed a season 2. The story was amazing the dark aspect was also what made the story good. Also I just realized that not only do the main characters look alike but they act very similar as well...
Jul 1, 2012 1:38 AM

Oct 2010
TheNVS said:
Zeally said:
TheNVS said:

yea it does

I agree, Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu or legend of the legendary heroes was a pretty awesome anime that needed a season 2. The story was amazing the dark aspect was also what made the story good. Also I just realized that not only do the main characters look alike but they act very similar as well...

I'm still depressed there isnt a season 2. Like always quality animes with common sense main characters never does well in Japan.

Immahnoob said:
+ Mythology

- None

5/5

I agree with everything you said. I'm so sick of some stupid lil loli or the Naruto type main character with stupid ideas.
Jul 1, 2012 1:42 AM

Nov 2011
TheNVS said:
Zeally said:
TheNVS said:

yea it does

Agreed, When I saw this as a recommendation from Legend of the Legendary Heroes I checked it out. I'd definitely say Erica and Godou remind me of Ferris and Ryner.(Only younger) Although Erica expresses herself a bit more then Ferris does but that's what makes Ferris's character so great. Wish they made a season 2 loved the show damn whoever animated The Legend of the Legendary Heroes and leaving the ending so open and no season 2!!!! T_T

Anyways it was a good episode sexy sexy sexy girls, a plot built upon Gods, but the fights felt a bit mediocre. Not really much fighting though in this episode(The fights felt a bit one-sided) so will have to wait for more of those. I can only imagine how they will build upon the story(haven't read the light novels) so this could either build from decent to better and better or worse. Just got to wait and find out!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jul 1, 2012 3:32 AM
Jun 2012
At least this doesn't have any hate-able character up to where i read...

Actually the novel is more focus in character interaction than battles..at least up to V5
But this is what make this LN great...mostly character interaction between main leads

Jul 1, 2012 4:17 AM

Jan 2012
Looks like there will be what to watch in the summer. This one looks awesome! The first episode left a great impresion.

Jul 1, 2012 4:20 AM

Aug 2008
Hahahahaha oh wow, that was like every single light novel cliche ever and absolutely nothing else. I can't even bring myself to dislike it, it was actually a quite amusing thought experiment to try think up of a light novel cliche it didn't cover.
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Jul 1, 2012 4:30 AM

Feb 2011
looks interesting. definitely gonna watch it
Jul 1, 2012 5:02 AM

Dec 2011
Way to leave a epic first impression :D Very interesting concept on mythology and gods, with great characters. Looking forward to it :3
Jul 1, 2012 5:13 AM

Aug 2011
Haha, this episode gets a 5/5 for that Gilgamesh feel at the end alone.

Overall it was pretty good, just a little confusing.
Jul 1, 2012 5:16 AM

Feb 2010
Ogura Yui spotted~
Jul 1, 2012 6:18 AM
Oct 2011
belatkuro said:
That Italian bit in the beginning, I'm not an expert but it was okay I think.

It really wasn't.
Jul 1, 2012 7:34 AM

Jun 2010
LOL at Hiyocchi's Italian. Erica sounded like Sera ( Well of course )

Kinda exceeded my expectation. Well, it's kinda cliche but... It's enjoyable. I need this kind of Anime every now and then.

Need to add Erica in my favorites. Hiyocchi's characters do not disappoint me. Nice kiss in episode 1. I feel like the character development will be really good in this Anime. Action, Romance is always a ++ for me.

Can't wait for a better quality version. Nice fanservice! I feel too that it's kinda rush and I have a lot of unanswered question but we're just at episode 1. Mythology +1.

I don't really know how they change the Anime from the Novel but Im sure I'll enjoy this. I guess I'll just read the novel if I can find some translated ones after I finish the Anime.

Can't wait for more Erica <333

P.S I agree with you people. The Gilgamesh-like swords at the ending. So awesome.
Jul 1, 2012 7:58 AM
Jan 2011
I thought this is gonna be aired on the 6th of this month?
Jul 1, 2012 7:58 AM

Feb 2011
I didn't like it, unfortunately, probably because of Erica :/

Dropped.
Jul 1, 2012 9:18 AM
Jan 2009
Worst Italian ever, really.

The setting isn't very original, but let's see how it is going to develop.
Jul 1, 2012 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
That was a lot better than what I was expecting...I like the characters they've shown so far especially the blue hair kid(the victourios one?) and milf witch.
Jul 1, 2012 11:11 AM
Sep 2010
Nasty001 said:
Thats what I thought as well MAL won't let me set this to watching, so I think this is a pre air episode please anyone correct me if I am wrong.
Jul 1, 2012 11:53 AM

Jun 2007
this was awesome.
i wasn't looking forward to many of the anime this season. but this pre-show really got me. anything that deals with mythology/celestial beings always intrigues me. plus. Erica <3
Jul 1, 2012 11:53 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Immahnoob said:
+ Mythology

- None

5/5

Not sure I'd give it a 5/5, but I agree on all your points. If nothing else, it was interesting eye candy - and I like Erica's sword. Hopefully it develops a decent story.
Jul 1, 2012 12:07 PM

Nov 2011
Nasty001 said:

Nico Nico preair.
Jul 1, 2012 12:23 PM

Jul 2010
It was just average. It doesn't include any pre-eminent.
Jul 1, 2012 1:01 PM

Feb 2012
Lol at the narration at the end. Made this somewhat serious series into a silly one i can't take seriously. From just the first episode it looks average, but better than other cliche harems because the male lead isn't useless and dense.

Not sure if i still want to watch this since it seems cliche and like it won't have much real plot, but we'll see.
Jul 1, 2012 2:28 PM

Apr 2011
I have mixed feeling about this :/ I'll give it another week
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2012

171 by Toolbot »»
Apr 21, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2012

205 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

82 by Vindicater »»
Apr 15, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2012

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2012

91 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.