Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Jan 15, 2014 8:15 PM

Sep 2009
Wait....that's it????
Nooooooo don't end it on that note!!!!!!
Cliffhanger endings suck so much!!!!
Feb 24, 2014 2:06 AM

Nov 2012
Deen always pick the best stories and animation has something that catch~ But it's always dmn too short!
<clock check> 2014 it's about time for s2

very good~ 8/10
Mar 11, 2014 7:13 AM

Mar 2013
Good just an enjoyable anime 8/10 for me hoping for a season 2 cause i want to find our more on how rea and chihiro will live together...
May 18, 2014 4:29 AM

Mar 2014
9/10
I really hope for a second season 2, so underrated anime tho :o
May 27, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2008
this was unique anime really liked it.
Dec 20, 2014 12:28 PM

Aug 2013
Well, I liked it. But it seems to be unfinished?
Maybe there will be 2nd season?
8/10
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 28, 2014 9:00 PM
Sep 2014
Really nice show, interesting story, nice characters (some of them), good art, great soundtrack (Ajisai no Ha, oh my god).
I couldnt help but relate this to Twilight at 1st, but i was surprised how it had almost no romance in it.
I really like how the story developed and i hope it will keep developing because not telling us the story about mysterious woman with zombie owl and his mother
is not making me happy. I hope they finished manga at least.
NarcoDec 29, 2014 7:16 AM
Jan 4, 2015 1:44 AM

Aug 2013
Really enjoyed watching this series, yet at the same time loathed it. Why? Mostly because every character except for Rea sucked. They were all fucking atrocious assholes

Lets look at the pros:
- Rea <3

Lets look at the cons:
- Chihiro; didn't like living girls. Get's a zombie girl, doesn't commit. Acts detached and treats her like a burden.
- Mero; literally a worthless character. Had like 2 moe moments, but did nothing for the show. It would literally be the exact same show if Chihiro was an only child
- Wanko; selfish bitch. Forces herself into everything. Has no qualms with being selfish.
- Yakurata (Chihiro's friend); selfish asshole, and a borderline rapist. Was pretty much forcing Rea to do stuff she didn't want to do, and still tried to grab her when he was almost unconscious.
- Grandpa; the only character that could provide any actual insight, and they made him totally fucking worthless. He had ONE lucid rant, then it was over. A source of knowledge that was never properly used.
- Sanka family maids and security; all selfish assholes looking for a paycheck.
- Rea's Dad; weird rapist molester selfish asshole. Honestly it's not like I even need to give an explanation.
- Rea's stepmom; She wasn't really needed for anything other than being the bitch the gives MC knowledge. In her defense, she was hot as fuck, and her attitude is 100% justifiable, but she didn't even grow as a character. In the grand scheme of things any maid could have even filled her role the same way.

Aside from characters, some bits of the story were a bit disconnected too. Like the episode where she licks his elbow wound. It became important, but they never followed up on what happened afterwards. Did they just go home or what?
Also the episode where he gets kidnapped. Following episode is entirely about his sister for no fucking reason. And the entire episode (except the last 5 minutes with the Mero x Rea interactions) was completely worthless and unrelated to the story.

All of my hatred for the characters and side stories aside, Rea was such a great character, and the story itself was good enough that I still give this show a solid 8. Rea was just fucking amazing.

Havent watched the OVAs yet, but I'm excited. I'm watching this woughly 2.5 years after it aired, and a little over 2 years since the last OVA, and there's still no second season. I mean some anime have gone quite a while before a sequel, but it's kind of rare and I don't really have my hopes up at this point. Still, if there's a chance I would be extremely excited.
Jan 23, 2015 4:28 AM

Jan 2015
that's the end are you serious -_-
after all i loved this anime 8/10
Feb 16, 2015 4:26 PM

Nov 2014
same thought as well, but a season 2 can fix that =)
Jun 9, 2015 4:36 AM

Nov 2012
SympathyRS said:

not gonna happen sadly

Jul 26, 2015 10:28 PM
Jul 2015
Help me out!
So, the place where Chihiro and Rea were working on the potion. Was the 2nd floor of a Abandon Hotel. right?
And when she ran out to find Hydrangeas. She almost trips over a Bowling Ball, which rolls down the line!

So, that Final scene was the 2nd floor Bowling Alley of the abandoned Hotel?
Plus, did anyone else notice that " She hurt her ankle before the fall. But, after moving in with Chihiro. Her walking was normal! I mean I get the no pain thing. But, I think she should've showed some kind of sign. That her leg was messed up (just a little!)

Sorry for adding so many comments!
Last thing! Chihiro, Ranko, and Mero are outside the Temple trying to get the Resurrected Baabu.
Why did Baabu travel across town for hydrangeas' leaves. When there were some around the Temple?
Better yet! Why did Baabu try to assist Rea on the cliff? I mean Rea was the 1st person He went too after his resurrection and he didn't even know her in his pass life! I was thinking maybe he could smell the potion on her! But that wouldn't explain him trying to defend her. (attacking her or comforting her maybe) But, defending her is puzzling!
Sep 1, 2015 4:17 AM

Apr 2010
That bite ♥
I loved the anime, I wish they make 2nd season of it someday.
Oct 17, 2015 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
So there is a 13th episode in the preveiw of the "last" one, but I guess MAL split that up for some reason. This show started off pretty fine, but the last few episodes, especially about the pasts of everyone, were a bit boring. 6/10
Jan 22, 2016 9:44 AM

Jun 2010
Really bad last episode. There wasn't anything big happening so it wasn't good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2016 8:51 PM

Sep 2012
great episode...
Mar 10, 2016 5:55 AM

Nov 2009
I really liked it at first. It touched on mature subjects like abuse and suicide. Quite liked one of Rea's quotes that went along the lines of "I used to think everyone had their own pain and hid behind fake smiles but then I realised that maybe I was just unhappy".
BUT around episode 5 it started to lose its depth and appeal to me. One thing that bothered me was cat haired boy taking pervy videos of Rea. How insensitive, I mean she just escaped her pedophile Father who took naked photos of her! I started to think maybe this isn't as well written as I thought or they're putting less effort in... Then when the whole Father issue is resolved because he suddenly comes to his senses?? Yeah, um, no, not likely... poor attempt at tieing up loose ends. Then the actual ending was obviously unfinished. I streamed this through a paid service where ep 13/the special isn't available, I'll have to look it up meh. With those fillers they could have instead summed it up nicely. Overall, started out strong but ended up disappointed 6/10.
May 1, 2016 9:08 AM

Apr 2009
That lip bite ending. 8/10
Time for OVA.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2016 2:01 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Rea is really cute, hope one die he finds a way to turn her back to human (also healing that wound of hers on the smotach).
May 24, 2016 10:05 PM
Mar 2015
Jonesy974 said:
Really enjoyed watching this series, yet at the same time loathed it. Why? Mostly because every character except for Rea sucked. They were all fucking atrocious assholes

Lets look at the pros:
- Rea <3

Lets look at the cons:
- Chihiro; didn't like living girls. Get's a zombie girl, doesn't commit. Acts detached and treats her like a burden.

Seriously, this is the most frustrating part about this anime, which was an awesome concept and story. Chihiro's constant nagging finally got to me toward the later episode. Like what the heck....he's basically replacing Rea's father as a character. She's having so much fun being a normal girl, yet he's always sulking and moody and scolding her for enjoying life.

He can't do anything about her body wasting away, so he just mopes around and closes himself off from her. I'm going to read the manga now...maybe it's because this anime only covers 10-11 chapters of the manga that they had to draw this out. But that's no excuse for letting Chihiro's character tank so much that want to punch him in the face.
scurvmeisterMay 24, 2016 10:12 PM
Jun 18, 2016 6:40 PM

Dec 2013
SympathyRS said:
Ha ha yeah I'm sorry but the only way to find out is to read the manga since it is finished.
Jul 7, 2016 10:58 PM
Sep 2015
And that's how they end the last episode, really??

Anyway, my theory is that Rea needs bodily fluids from living people to keep from rotting. She goes after this instinctively. Back when she was "rigid" - licking Wanko's breasts (sweat) and frenching Chihiro (saliva). Later licking the wound and now biting him (blood). All that's left it tears and semen!
Jan 17, 2017 3:30 PM

Jan 2014
8/10 for the anime

I need to say though, that whoever made this: anime, or manga, knows absolutely jack shit about fencing (>.<)

Wearing a foil jacket with a sabre, fighting with a sabre as if it was an épée, running someone through, and finally trying to cut someone,.. with a fencing sports blade. How can you even get so many things wrong by accident?
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 5, 2017 6:02 AM
Oct 2016
is there a season 2? i feel like the ending is lacking and i didn't expect that kins of ending
Feb 9, 2017 11:04 PM

Dec 2014
Nope, but you can blast through the manga pretty quickly. I will warn you that the ending is rushed and unsatisfying though.
Feb 10, 2017 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
I dont even understand why second season never came out. Anime was pretty popular, same with manga. Studio Deen is pretty big and they shouldnt cut an anime at some point :/
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Asdedix147&sclick=1]
Dec 6, 2017 1:43 AM

Nov 2016
was hoping for something funny like 'kore wa zombie desu ka' but got an SOL instead. the slow pacing was nice and the ending was good enough.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Apr 26, 2018 9:58 AM

Apr 2018
Asdedix147 said:
I dont even understand why second season never came out. Anime was pretty popular, same with manga. Studio Deen is pretty big and they shouldnt cut an anime at some point :/
I think its because writing seem a bit random and unserious sometimes. However I realy like this show with all its flaws.

I think Rea is the best character ever beside Asuka.

Anyway any one knows from where i should start manga?
This world is so small but we still cant find our ways.
Apr 26, 2018 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
I think anime covers 9 chapters
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Asdedix147&sclick=1]
Dec 12, 2018 6:21 PM

Apr 2015
Well, this was filler. Not bad filler on its own, but not an ending. Could've made the main series 10 episodes with more OVAs.

7/10
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 5, 2019 4:30 PM
Jan 2017
still peace ending and just enjoy the time until the zombie body totally rotten..
Mar 19, 2019 12:46 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty good, albeit a little unsatisfying, finale to a very unusual but entertaining show!

Chihiro’s uncertianty regarding Rea’s condition and the peer pressure from the responsibility in particular were very well presented in this episode imo! Another highlight of this episode is the official commencement of the ‘rivalry’, lol. Wanka’s got my respect, it was cool to see her pushing Rea so that she could have a go at him properly too. Still a pretty filler(-ish) like episode though which was entertaining obviously but just didn’t feel like a finale of sorts. Moreover, the episode ended on such a random note, I’m not entirely sure what happened there but I found it to be a really nice touch for the two to come back to the place where they first met. A little infuriating and bummed that there was no confession from either sides, but I’ll be looking forward to that later. Seems like Chihiro’s fine with a little cut in his lips but good thing it didn’t get too messy there. I’ll definitely watch the OVAs later today and hopefully there’ll be more closure in those.

It’s a pity that the initial few episodes were rocketing up to a potential 9/10 but by the end of it, it’s down to a solid 7.5/10 or so. I just feel as though the show lost its way a little from Episode 7-8 onwards and really just couldn’t come back to the brilliant initial run that it had. Personally, I thought the episode where the father somewhat redeems himself was a little underwhelming too. I was sure he was beyond saving but apparently a few words were all that was needed to get across to him, maybe he was really hurt and thus couldn’t stop blaming himself for her death in the first place causing this little weakening of his spirit but even then it just felt a little too convenient for me. Also, that filler episode starring Mero really killed the mood. Don’t get me wrong, it was a really fun episode and all but I feel like the timing for it was totally off.

As for the whole show in general though,
- Storyline/Plot Development: 7.5/10
- Characterization/Characters: 8.0/10
- Art/Animation Scale: 9.0/10
- Sound Department: 9.0/10

Simple, unusual and a very compelling storyline magnificently enhanced by the intriguing character interactions(special mention to Mero and Chihiro’s perverted classmate here) and depth of the Characters(three main characters of course and Rea’s stepmom to a certain extent, Rea’s father was a bit of downgrade for me though), wonderful Sound Department(special mention to the glorious soothing and visually stunning Op, but the melodious ED, the wonderful soundtracks and the amazing Voice Acting which really fleshed out the character exceedingly well were very cool too) and a very appreciative art style(the Shaft-ish approach in this regard blended in with this show’s premise very well indeed, a few unnecessary shots of nudity/pantsy shots and a few poor shots of animation here and there but overall Great)! A very special mention to some really well thought out scenes too, especially that initial little horror bit when Rea was out of control and was hanging upside down from the wardrobe.

-> Overall: Solid 8.0/10.

Edit: How could I forget? Some glorious comedy moments! Episode 8’s little abduction case was probably the most hilarious for me from this show, but there are countless other instances that spring to mind when I think back on the comedic moments.
_MushiRock11_Mar 20, 2019 4:08 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 20, 2019 2:02 PM
Jan 2019
Crap ending, but inoffensive romcom overall. Liked the characters and their unique designs; could be more fleshing out of them in a few places. Cute show, but sort of underwhelming. Might watch the OVAs for closure. 7/10
Jul 20, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2016
Gonna pick up the manga stopped at a really bad timing 6.5/10 ~ 7/10
Oct 12, 2019 10:59 PM
Apr 2016
She behaved like she would passed out in next moment but she kissed him? That's cool... I need to read manga after this endning. 6/10
Dec 10, 2019 6:00 PM

Sep 2019
Ranko ruined the entirely anime Holy crap
Jan 23, 2020 3:02 PM
Dec 2019
Good way to cap it off, however there are 14 eps! Here goes another 2!!
Apr 3, 2020 3:03 AM

Jul 2019
Up and downs. Thats the description of the 2nd half of the season. Big titty sister ruined it for me. They kinda fixed it in this episode after the conversation of both girls however it was never needed in the first place. Atleast not like that. Better shows that focuses on two characters would only give hints, they made it so clear that Wanko liked him. I'd give this a 6 if it wasnt Ecchi. Doesnt tease to the point its annoying, pretty straightforward, and no overreact over revealing body parts no matter the intentions. For an Ecchi tagged show standards this is deserves a 7 at worst.
leevApr 3, 2020 3:12 AM
Apr 13, 2020 4:08 PM

Nov 2016
Weird spot to end this, but I was prepared and at least I have still the special and OVA. After them it's manga time.

Up to this point it has been a great watch. There was a lot going on, even tho some might perceive it as narratively unfocussed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 29, 2020 12:02 PM

Jun 2016
Its pretty depressing seeing comments on this thread from 2012 people getting excited for season 2. And here I am in 2020 writing this comment while season 2 is still not out.
Also, episode 13 and OVA's seem to be a bit rare, can't find them on the anime websites damn. Guess will have to read manga then.
Jul 5, 2020 7:24 AM

Jun 2020
what an inconclusive ending lol......loved the interactions between rea and chihiro but the anime on the whole didn't felt like there were many? like that bit where they were talking about going to do fireworks festival, simple and sweet but they didn't really have a lot of such interactions throughout the anime. all overshadowed with characters that weren't relevant in this season ahem wanko.

anyway i really loved the first few episodes it really set this anime up to be a strong supernatural romance.....which turned into a rather flat zombie girl SOL. fizzled out from a strong 8/9 to a 6/7 for me. but i still enjoyed sankarea and a season 2 would be just great i would love to watch more chihiro and rea they were both really strong MCs (clearly not getting any season 2 tho sigh)

loved the character designs, real refreshing! the sound direction was great too loved that one eerie bgm that gets played quite a lot and OP and ED were lovely. art direction easily an 8 for me (i actually do like their simple yet unique character designs) and those scenes with the hydrangeas were so visually pleasing! i can still vividly remember rea dying and bleeding in a bed of hydrangeas

only thing i didn't care for: wanko lol

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 15, 2020 10:03 PM
Sep 2020
tbh I didn't really get the ending
Jun 18, 2021 4:33 PM

Jun 2019
My 140th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 6/10 rating.
Jun 22, 2021 11:10 PM

Jan 2018
A bitten ending. 7/10

Time to read the manga to find out the true ending of this show.
Average anime enjoyer.
Jul 26, 2021 2:54 AM

Feb 2020
I started this show on a whim, didn't really know what to expect but I was intrigued.
The first episodes gave me some good Monogatari vibes (Furuya is totally Araragi but as a zombie-lover), and at the same time offered something unique which interested me.

But I don't know what happened, the show never actually explored its potential, it never took any risk (other than portraying a toxic, pedo and incestuous father), and the characters, while having a lot of potential for most of them, remained severely underdeveloped. I just didn't manage to care after a while, except for Aria's backstory because even if it felt fairly generic and kinda coming out of nowhere (as if the show suddenly said "Hey, there's this character, we totally forgot to develop her so since we don't know what to do right now, let's just do this !"), it was still interesting. I also liked that the show handled the zombie topic slightly differently by bringing up how Rea won't be able to stay like that forever, but it ended way too soon. I also liked the art direction which I found pretty ambitious at times, at least it gave some charm to the show.
About the ecchi, it bothered me because I don't like ecchi to start with (I should blame myself since the show actually has an ecchi tag), but I've seen worse so it wasn't as bad as I was afraid it would be.

I know the show has OVAs, I also know the story continues in the manga, but I'm not sure I want to watch/read more of this. Maybe I'll at least watch the OVAs to see what the show truly wants to offer but that probably won't be anytime soon.
So, I give it a 4/10. Not horrible, it has its qualities, but it also has a lot of flaws. I'm not sure I would've watched it in its entirety if the show lasted longer than that (though maybe the show being longer would've made the story more interesting).
Oct 20, 2021 1:24 PM

Mar 2019
That sure was an abrupt ending, but there is an OVA so I'm guessing that's the true ending to the anime. Rea entered scary mode once again, but this time she bit him.

Cute fireworks scene, it felt somewhat lonely but they were happy so it doesn't matter.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 12, 2021 10:59 AM

Aug 2017
Getting eaten alive by my cute zombie girlfriend? It's a win-win situation

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Dec 12, 2021 3:21 PM

Mar 2020
this entire shit was just a waste of time
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Mar 8, 2022 4:15 PM

Aug 2013
This show had a pace of a snail with a filler episode near the end. It felt like they hardly have any content to show and tried as much to stretch it into 12 episodes.
I hope the manga lives up to its reputation
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Mar 10, 2022 6:22 AM
Oct 2021
I thoroughly enjoyed this anime !! I wish it didn't end on a cliffhanger though. Can't wait to read the manga!!
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

268 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 16, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

160 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

141 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 6:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.