Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2008 5:40 AM

Oct 2007
what a great ending!but its open one-_-,why all the great animes have open ending i hate it!anyway its looks like it dosnt gonna have new season and i really hope that Fai and i are totaly wrong! its too much great anime for getting end like that.
Oct 2, 2008 5:44 AM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
Three facts:
1. Shonen series NEVER do the breaks longer than two weeks. Its suicide as viewers mostly "forget" what the show was about. None of the shonen shows being at similar timeslots came back after "ending the broadcast".
2. Ratings are not that good. Going on the break would deliver a huge blow to the ratings when show comes back, so tv stations would not wish to blow up their own economies by bringing such show back on air.
3. None of the shows, who changed seasons would get FIN written in the end. NONE. FIN mostly means complete stop and is one of the more "hardcore" ways of implying its THE END.
Reading your three facts, they make me believe you want this show to end completely..

We can all believe what we want, and i believe that this show shall return in the future.They stopped down because of how close they are to catching up with the manga, that makes sense though if you ask me it looks as if they didn't want to end. That will is strong enough for them to carry on at a later date.
Oct 2, 2008 6:05 AM

Dec 2007
So it comes to an end. We won't be seeing this series around for a while. I do hope they will somehow resume this series in the future, because it just started to get interesting. It's also quite possible this is the last we'll see of the animated series of D.Gray-man.

*crosses fingers and hopes for a continuation*
Oct 2, 2008 6:15 AM

Jul 2007
Shiroth said:
Reading your three facts, they make me believe you want this show to end completely..

We can all believe what we want, and i believe that this show shall return in the future.They stopped down because of how close they are to catching up with the manga, that makes sense though if you ask me it looks as if they didn't want to end. That will is strong enough for them to carry on at a later date.

Believe, me I DO NOT want this show to end, since its the only shonen genre tv show which is actually WORTH something. I am actually FURIOUS on how it all turned out.

But I am being a realist here, good shows does not matter to the majority of viewers - they want shiny KABOOOM's, ecchi scenes every 2 seconds and let's not forget the stupid plot. The very fact that D.gray-man timeslot was given to bleach(which, s well as half dozen of other shows could disappear for all I care) shows that.

Instead of watching a story about one man's "walk" through the dark history in the world where everyone can be enemy and his battle against his own darkness and the dark fat figure embodying everything that is dark, viewers would better watch a carbon-based dbz copy where orange haired Japanese boy(who is quite good looking) is fighting against dozens of shirtless evil bishonen, while saving girls whose boobs defy gravity and laws of physics themselves.

Thats the sad little truth of TV.

And will has no powers against the economic structure and the jungle, that is TV. Same happens in USA. Hell, one of more interesting tv shows, The 4400 was canceled due to the similar bullshit. And writers had a lot of resolve and will to continue. After no one accepted that they are continuing the show with books.

its the dark dark world, where tv companies favor mindless fanservice instead of something good. It happens in entire world almost every second. Ideas getting scrapped for something "more acceptable by mainstream". And d.gray-man was placed in situation where production team just did not have from what to chose. I am hoping for OVAs tho...
AhenshihaelOct 2, 2008 6:20 AM
Oct 2, 2008 6:17 AM

Nov 2007
Just finished watching the last epi.
It was a nice way to end it i guess, kind of took the general's to help out like a freaking year late.
Hope to see more though, of Noah, hope there is going to be a 2nd season, not satisfy !!
Oct 2, 2008 6:40 AM

May 2008
Loved it especialy the Noah scene

I hope they make a new series :(
Oct 2, 2008 6:51 AM

May 2008
I loved the anime! But come on what kind of ending was that! I hate anime non-endings. I really hope there is going to be more in the form of a 2nd season... or least a movie. something.... pwease
Oct 2, 2008 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
Why? Why did they have to write "fin" at the end T_____________T
They're stupid if they finish it for good now. The best part just started in manga >_<
Oct 2, 2008 7:30 AM

Jan 2008
Well, good/fine episode, but it isn't an end...

This makes me wanna read the manga.

It's too early to give this show up, but they aren't gonna continue it in a million years :-/ Hoping for a short OVA or something...

TO ANYONE: I would really appriciate it if someone would tell me where to start with the manga, meaning that it starts at the ending of this show.

Why didn't we get a "sank you for watching this ridiculous low viewed serie" ?

Well, good luck to ya all, and please msg me with the info about the manga.

~de Arimasu
Oct 2, 2008 7:39 AM

Jan 2008
GreenStorm said:
I think Fin is from the word finished so the word isn't finished also the series !

Lol... so true
Fai said:
"FIN"?

Face it. We got Inuyasha-oed.

LOL!
~ The Statement Below is True. ~
~ The Statement Above is False. ~
Oct 2, 2008 7:54 AM

Jul 2007
Wyvr said:

TO ANYONE: I would really appriciate it if someone would tell me where to start with the manga, meaning that it starts at the ending of this show.

Chapter 155 is the end of Level 4 battle, when they start speeding thought he scenes of various future chapters. its better to start reading there.
Oct 2, 2008 8:47 AM

Jan 2008
I am glad they ended it here, if they had continued on and done more filler crap like you see in Bleach it would have just dragged the series through the mud and tarnished the bright spots it had. At least now it can always be picked up again at some future date and hopefully finished with nothing less that 100% canon manga content.

Oct 2, 2008 9:08 AM

Dec 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
I am glad they ended it here, if they had continued on and done more filler crap like you see in Bleach it would have just dragged the series through the mud and tarnished the bright spots it had. At least now it can always be picked up again at some future date and hopefully finished with nothing less that 100% canon manga content.

Totally agree with you 8GaugeBrett! Sick of damn filler shit! And the manga needs time to breathe.
BellusOct 2, 2008 1:46 PM
Oct 2, 2008 9:31 AM

Aug 2007
I'm glad they ended it here, too. To be honest I found the series mediocre... at best. I do feel sorry for all its fans, but seriously - I'd have dropped it soon if it hadn't ended here.

I think I'll check out the manga instead, really.
Oct 2, 2008 9:44 AM
Oct 2007
was the Noah next to Road the combined Jasdevi's human form? Cause I didn't see anyone else who they could be, and I could have sworn that they just barely escaped Blood Krory's grasp.
Oct 2, 2008 9:49 AM

Jul 2008
When I said there will be a second season, it isn't out of wanting. I have no desire to see a second season. It's just that this show is marketable and thus I think there will be a second season.
Oct 2, 2008 10:18 AM

Jul 2007
sakuko said:
When I said there will be a second season, it isn't out of wanting. I have no desire to see a second season. It's just that this show is marketable and thus I think there will be a second season.

This show was too original to be marketable for mainstream viewers.

ravenshope7 said:
was the Noah next to Road the combined Jasdevi's human form? Cause I didn't see anyone else who they could be, and I could have sworn that they just barely escaped Blood Krory's grasp.

Considering it was implied that there's 13 noahs (+ 14th), we haven't seen all of them. Possibly it was one of those we never have seen.
Oct 2, 2008 10:25 AM

Oct 2007
Dont think we'll see a second season for D.Gray-man, considering how it kind of felt like a proper ending, not like a ending of a story type of thing but more like a ending that drew people into the series. So am guessing this was a way to make people buy the manga and carry on the story.
Oct 2, 2008 10:33 AM

Feb 2008
great series wish it didn't end
Oct 2, 2008 11:38 AM
May 2008
guys im freaking out i need more eps
i want to now what happens next
Cant we do something so that they continue the anime
Oct 2, 2008 11:51 AM

Jul 2007
Yousuck0000 said:
guys im freaking out i need more eps
i want to now what happens next
Cant we do something so that they continue the anime

The illegal market outside of Japan does NOT matter in any way. You can go on blowing up planes if you want, but they won't care about it. We aren't "supposed" to watch it anyway :)
Oct 2, 2008 12:01 PM

Feb 2008
they really gave no indication that there will be an S2. but that doesnt mean they wont make one either. its kinda like how trinity blood ended....its like

the battle still rages on...THE END! ultimately its another way of saying...you'll get an S2 or you wont, depends on which way the sun is shining. clearly there is a lot wide gaps at the end, the biggest of them being that they might be part of an experiment...hehe

in a way going by what the earl and his kids said, the exorcists arent so different than akumas in that they get stronger the more akuma's they defeat, or when the nead to defeat a stronger one comes, and akumas get stronger by killing humans... it sa matter of who gets the strongest first. sounds to me like a setup.

i bet road is still in love with allen wooooo!
Oct 2, 2008 12:18 PM
May 2008
one thing i wasnt expecting was to now who roads father is XD
Oct 2, 2008 1:03 PM

May 2008
Fai said:
Face it. We got Inuyasha-oed.

I have to agree here; it's so disappointing to see such a great anime have such a horrible ending. In fact, the ending lowered my overall score for the show significantly. But, none the less it was a wonderful show, it just needed a proper definitive ending.
In the End, was it worth it?
Oct 2, 2008 1:36 PM

Jun 2008
ok, those scene, those "FIN" make me think: this is the very end of the anime; knowing that it will be replaced by Bleach makes me say: they could've go on with Allen&Co... Having the manga (much better!) makes me smile anyway, no big deal if the show really came to an end. For now just "thanks D. Gray Man!"
Oct 2, 2008 2:09 PM
Apr 2008
OMG!! i can't believe that was the ending grr hopefully there's a movie or second season or sumthing if not i guz i can read the manga
Oct 2, 2008 2:32 PM

Apr 2008
I sure hope that theres going to be a S2. the ending kinda left it open... more than open actually, they took the whole wall out. Theres still too much that needs to be answered and things that still need to happen.
Wasn't my favorite episode of all time but Crystal Innocence is interesting, sucks that it ended after we find out about it, I'll have to catch up to the manga sooner or later, just gotta find some free time.
Leader of Whiteout Scans
Current project: ReLIFE
Oct 2, 2008 2:53 PM

Dec 2007
GreenStorm said:
I think Fin is from the word finished so the word isn't finished also the series!

Sorry, but you're slightly off. "Fin" is not short for "finished," but rather a foreign word with the same root. You see, fin is derived from the Latin "finis," and means "end" in both Spanish and French. The latter is particularly important because French words are used as literary terms.
The word "finish" is simply an English derivative of that same Latin term.

With that in mind, I kind of have to hold with those that think this really is the end. I don't want it to be, but they put in much more closure than I'd have expected if they were really planning for a new season. If it starts up again, I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn't count on it.
Oct 2, 2008 3:39 PM

Dec 2007
I want a second season. I'm really curious about the 14th and Mana. :/
Also, I want to see them in those new uniforms. They look REALLY good. <3
Oct 2, 2008 3:56 PM
Jul 2008
HypnoInsanity said:
I liked it, but is this really the end? I mean if it is then why did they show the Noah scene and the new uniforms? >:(

ever hear of foreshadowing? there 90% chance of a second season.
Oct 2, 2008 3:59 PM

Jan 2008
Ah I didn't expect to see their third outfit until much later, seeing how it wasn't that long ago that it appeared in the manga. The Millennium Earl looks bad ass now =O

8/10 here
Oct 2, 2008 4:29 PM

Oct 2007
i really hope for a second season... i have enjoyed d.gray-man a lot and it sucks if it's ending here... let's just hope that they do continue the series in the future... i loved the new outfits
Oct 2, 2008 5:16 PM

Jul 2008
genxtrigun said:
i really hope for a second season... i have enjoyed d.gray-man a lot and it sucks if it's ending here... let's just hope that they do continue the series in the future... i loved the new outfits

Totally agree..In regards to the episode it was an 8.5/10 for me. Outfits look sugoi!!
Life is ephemeral..smile when you can and make the most of it ^^;

Currently scribble for Cyten.co.uk
Oct 2, 2008 5:28 PM

Jan 2008
It was a great series, sad to see it end. I would love for a second season, but it doesn't seem likely. Could anyone tell me which chapter in the manga this episode is equivalent to?
Oct 2, 2008 6:15 PM
Mar 2008
I liked the episode, I thought it was really good, but is it really the end? Why would they show the new uniforms and the noah's in the way they did if it really was the end. I hope they contunie the series.
Oct 2, 2008 7:19 PM

Aug 2008
Luckily I read the DGM manga, so this episode was easy to understand. If you haven't read the manga prior to watching this episode, you would not really get some parts.
It's also quite apparent that they rushed the ending, beause the pace of the episode felt sorta misplaced and out of synch as well. I' am huppy that they showed the newest Exsorcist suit animated too, and that we got to see Lenaly in long hair once again in the anime.
I do hope that they produce more DGM episodes in the future, because this anime was really epic to watch and it's one of my favorite anime that I'd seen.
And thus I rate this last DGM episode at 5/5.
Oct 2, 2008 7:19 PM
Aug 2008
it was a good ending to the season. i cant wait until the new season. I got bleach and next season of Gundam 00 to keep me preoccupied and i suppose SOUL EATER as well.
Oct 2, 2008 8:13 PM

Feb 2008
all I can say is:

T-T

Why Lavi? Why must you all leave me? DX
Oct 2, 2008 8:55 PM

Aug 2008
Many questions and few answers. End of Anime but not end of history. Similar situation occurred with InuYasha. But without doubt was a great episode for an excellent anime. Cross Ruler! :p
It will have another season? Nobody knows!
But the Mangá continues! ^^
CelloOct 2, 2008 8:58 PM
Oct 2, 2008 9:20 PM
Apr 2008
I liked the episode itself. ..I just don't like it as a last episode. It leaves no closure whatsoever! The episode ended with me giving my monitor the finger and muttering words that should not be repeated.... -_-
Oct 2, 2008 10:02 PM

Jun 2007
I'm happy with the way they ended it but I still can't believe they chose Bleach over D Gray man. After keeping up to date with Bleach manga I can safely say the show is only gonna get more worse. The fillers right now are more entertaining then the manga which is a bad sign. O well, nothing we can do I guess.
Oct 2, 2008 11:04 PM

Jul 2007
I felt like D.Gray-man could have done a lot better. Even though there were some parts I really enjoyed, it felt like the story derailed somehow. In the beginning when corpses were turned into Akuma and people who were slightly injured by them turned to ash; set a very nice tone to the series but, it was ruined when zillions of Akuma just started coming out of nowhere. Also didn't like when the power difference between a Level-1 & Level-3 Akuma became insignificant lol

Anyway I still enjoyed the series, 7/10, but I'm also glad they decided to end it here, I think I'll continue reading the manga beyond the first chapter now^^,

Oct 2, 2008 11:40 PM

Jul 2008
The episode itself was good, but I'm disappionted at the way they decided to end the anime.

Oct 3, 2008 1:29 AM

Jun 2008
great ending. am hoping that there will be another season but even if there is none, i'm continuing with the manga.
Oct 3, 2008 8:26 AM

Jul 2007
UchihaItachi6660 said:
Ummm, that "ending" was made of hardcore fail. I've lost most interest in the show, but I still hope there will be a second season that will improve on such a horrid ending.

It was the usual "go read the manga" ED. I just don't see how sticking closely to manga scenes AND making it look like the ending can be considered a hardcore fail.
Oct 3, 2008 12:08 PM

Oct 2007
I loved everyone in their new uniform, but the ending was just crap. Yes, I do know what's going on because I'm 'sort of' following the manga, but for the people who never read the manga this must have been a huge WTF moment. :/ Why Japan gave this show low ratings is a big ? to me. They must enjoy watching crappy-ass shows like Naruto (no offense for the people who do like Naruto, I just think it's WAY too overrated).
Oct 3, 2008 2:50 PM

Jul 2008
definitely rushed ending but very good regardless. i really liked that last scene with allen in the desert looking upon a shadowy figure of the earl.

that "fin" at the end most likely means that this series is sadly going to end like that..
especially since there were no previews or spoilers hinting for a season 2.. in example:
"Can't wait to see you in season 2"/etc or something cornier. atleast we still have the manga!
Oct 3, 2008 4:03 PM

Dec 2007
I really wish they'd make a sequal, but I guess the ratings just weren't good enough
xD
Oct 3, 2008 7:40 PM

Feb 2008
Ahhh lenalee with longer hair, wewt~
Oct 3, 2008 8:08 PM
Dec 2007
Erisu said:
I loved everyone in their new uniform, but the ending was just crap. Yes, I do know what's going on because I'm 'sort of' following the manga, but for the people who never read the manga this must have been a huge WTF moment. :/ Why Japan gave this show low ratings is a big ? to me. They must enjoy watching crappy-ass shows like Naruto (no offense for the people who do like Naruto, I just think it's WAY too overrated).

I would classify D.Gray-Man under a category close to Naruto. The fillers were killer, the characters are horrid, some parts were out of order, and the episodes just moved slow. So yes, I can see why Japan would give it such low ratings.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 51 Discussion

ashura - Oct 5, 2007

24 by Cammell »»
Mar 23, 6:49 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 20 Discussion

kie_ - Sep 14, 2008

27 by Gouveiaa »»
Jan 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 3 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

27 by lovefromyani »»
Jan 10, 12:43 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 2 Discussion

andrewsch5658 - Jan 30, 2009

41 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 26, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Jul 16, 2008

83 by lovefromyani »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.