Forum Settings
Forums
New
What do you think this version?
Jun 25, 2012 12:37 PM

Sep 2009

Finally, Opea 12 came now. See the new features:

1. Faster startup with many tabs
Even with many opened tabs when Opera is started, they are loaded faster and it started exactly on the last accessed tab.

2. Out-of-Process Plug-ins

Now Opera runs in two processes in task manager: the browser one and a separated one for plug-ins. For example: flas problems won't make the browse to "crash".

3. Experimental Hardware Acceleration and WebGL .
Opera 12 has an experimental support for HA and WebGL. While the stability and performance depends of OS, drivers and graphic cards, it's possible to test the feature already.Enabling opera:config#UserPrefs|EnableWebGL you can test the WebGL and also enabling opera:config#UserPrefs|EnableHardwareAcceleration , makes the web page and the whole user interface to be supported by graphic cards. Acessing opera:cpu, you can check out the HA and WebGL status. Using opera:config#UserPrefs|Preferredrenderer you can change between OpenGL (0) e DirectX (1).

4. opera:cpu
Is there anything making your Opera slow or your PC? Now you can easily to check this out using the command opera:cpu in addressbar.

5. Improved loading performance
In Opera12, the page loading was optimized, making things like scripts, style sheets and images be loaded with more efficient. Result: faster page loading!

6. Improved performance on secure connections

When loading a secure page (https) the browser goes through a complex process to establish a secure connection. This exact steps in this process vary from web server to web server, depending on the certificates, version and implementation of TLS they support. For Opera 12 we've analyzed and optimized many of the different steps in this process. Overall many secure pages are now loading faster than before!

7. RTL (Right-To-Left Languages)

In each release Opera learns a new language. New in Opera 12 is the capability to support Right-To-Left languages which makes it possible to support Arabic, Persian, Hebrew and Urdu. With Kazakh in addition, Opera is now translated into 55 languages.

8. Improved HTML5 support
HTML 5 is the heart and sout of web. Opera 12 adds support for:

-- "Drag and Drop" (for example: click on link, drag him between two tabs to open it like a new tab between two ones.)

-- Camera Support (getUserMedia - for apps that needs to use your webcam, taking pics or play games, test the feature in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and a minigame whose you control a spaceship moving the head ),

-- CSS animations and more.

9. Improved extensions support
The API extensions for windows/tabs was revamped to include supprt for tab stacing and possiblity of interaction with tabs, tab groups creation or windows management. Check out dev.opera for more info.

10. 64 bit Windows and Mac
Opera 12 has a 64-bits for all plataforms. It came together OOPP in a old test version. Note because the 64-bits apps use more memory than 32-bits ones, the default version of Opera for Windows will continue being 32-bits one.

11. Do Not Track
Opera 12 improves your privacy supporting the "Do Not Track" feature, whose allows the use doesn't be tracked by some sites. To enable: Preferences (ctrl + F12) > Advanced > Security > Ask websites not to track me

12. Improved address field suggestions

Was implemented numerous of tweaks to the address field making the suggested results cleaner, more accurate and more relevant, finding what you want (google sugestions, history or bookmarks).
EXTRA: Opera is with the favicons disable by default, to enable goes to opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowFaviconsinAddressfield and mark the option.

13. Themes

Opera presents for you the themes, which is a light version of skins, kinda FF personas. Moreover the files among themes and personas are almost the same, what must be different is the code. The difference among skin and themes is themes changes only the background image (which reflects at the back of tab bar) and browser color change; easier of making it. The skin promoves a deeper change, like icon sizes and forms, tabs, panels, ects, a customization leve which allows you transform Opera in another browser. Who has skins uploaded in the old catalog can upload them on new catalog.

14. New Extensions and Theme/Skins site

Opera repaginou o site de add-ons, unindo todas essas opções em um único lugar.

15. Good-bye some features and toolbars
Good-bye for Opera Unite, Widgets and Opera Voice. The first served as file sharing, photo one, music player and web server, directly from your PC. The second one would dropped in a matter of time with the extensions, the difference the widgets aren't united to the browser, allowing to go on working even with the browser closed. The third one was from a old partnership among IBM and Opera, now closed. Great tool, firstly for voice browsing and for english learning, because it read english text. The three features suffered with the abandon in the last times. The Unite when was created, it was noticed as a revolution on web. It's a pity. Opera invites the developers convert the Unite apps and widgets into extensions.

For Macers, the IRC client was retired, including some toolbars (Start/Navigation/Main bars) and the Bittorrent client.

There is a petition running, whose I support it, to bring at least some of the retired features back. Who wants supporting it, this is the link:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/openoperaunited

DOWNLOAD
[url=http://www.opera.com/download]http://www.opera.com/download

EXTRAS

http://www.opera.com/browser/new /[url=http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/mac/1200]Mac / Unix

Official Video
senna889091Jun 25, 2012 12:41 PM
"The second place is the first place of the losers"
"God is big, God is strong and when He wants there isn't who wants"
"Everybody has a limit. My limit is over the others"
Ayrton Senna da Silva
------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazilian, Rio, Soccer, Geek, Gamer, Vivaldi Browser mod and beta tester

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 28, 2012 8:44 AM

Apr 2011
64bit consume more memory than 32bit on my system :( (2,8GB vs 3,2GB), adn I found javascript for closing tab doesnt work on 12, it wont close tab only opera:blank apear. I dont have problem with freezing on some webs, 11.52 seem for me faster...

Thats my early experiences with Opera 12 (64bit)...
Jun 28, 2012 3:15 PM

Sep 2009
i have read abotu the 64 oen consumes more then 32 one too :B

those GB number is what Opera is consuming?
"The second place is the first place of the losers"
"God is big, God is strong and when He wants there isn't who wants"
"Everybody has a limit. My limit is over the others"
Ayrton Senna da Silva
------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazilian, Rio, Soccer, Geek, Gamer, Vivaldi Browser mod and beta tester

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Opera 12.10 now

senna889091 - Nov 6, 2012

10 by senna889091 »»
Dec 12, 2012 11:43 AM

» Opera Mini 7.5 with Smart Page

senna889091 - Sep 23, 2012

4 by senna889091 »»
Oct 4, 2012 2:20 PM

» Opera Next 12.50 - Preparing for Windows 8

senna889091 - Sep 3, 2012

0 by senna889091 »»
Sep 3, 2012 11:09 PM

Sticky: » Skins/Themes

senna889091 - May 29, 2012

1 by Bonzai419 »»
Jun 1, 2012 8:55 AM

Sticky: » Extensions

senna889091 - Mar 19, 2012

3 by Bonzai419 »»
Apr 2, 2012 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.