Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2012 10:57 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
At first I was thinking that the episode was completely out of place and not befitting of this story...
And then that happened. Nyaruko to the rescue. The reason for the whole thing was most appropriate.

Lol@Shantak wanting to join Mahiro's harem.

And it looked like Nyaruko was about to finally actually get a kiss at the end.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 25, 2012 11:01 AM

Aug 2010
Should have known that this episode would not have been serious. It would have felt out of place if it was.
Jun 25, 2012 11:03 AM

Dec 2011
If that was to me then I knew something would happen. But that beginning part lasted just about long enough for me to start considering it out of place.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 25, 2012 11:07 AM
Jun 2012
Wonder why they droped all the fighting from the start of the anime and went into a normal harem love / slice of life anime style. Was really hopeing they would go the fighting anime route with the love craft characters to bad.

Really wish there was a love craft style anime with all the mthos characters that wasnt like this :(.

Maybe there is hope for a season two, And maybe we can find out if mahiros dad is cthulu or not.
Jun 25, 2012 11:23 AM
Dec 2011
why are you sad Mahiro you wanted all time to be alone ,
Monster who loves Eroge ( KEY's eroge too lol )
i want more ghutatan xD hope they make S2

7/10
aiueowaveJun 26, 2012 11:09 PM
Jun 25, 2012 11:39 AM

Feb 2012
Sad it's over.

Hoping for a season 2 since I enjoyed it :)
Jun 25, 2012 11:41 AM

Oct 2011
I almost thought they will go where many have went before with serious last episode...
but luckilly they didn't it :)
and that master plan... that guy had his priorities straight. But couldn't he just download them?
(bonus here for him having same VA as Alucard - another weird role of Jouji Nakata).

so overall... for 12 episodes of bastardizing/mutiliating of Lovecraft works (along with many others) and turning them into this retarded thing there is only one mark I can give it... 9/10
I really look forward towards second season - even more creative ideas for Call of Cthulhu sessions
Dalek-bakaJun 25, 2012 11:45 AM
Jun 25, 2012 11:46 AM

Aug 2011
As is the norm...wrong end dates in the anime information section here on MAL...already requested it be corrected as today is the END date. Overall, imo, this one was so-so and not as fun as the flash animation stories were...5/10.
Jun 25, 2012 11:50 AM

Jul 2010
Nakata, Jouji just so perfect voicing for those nice to evil characters. Well, a happy end but hoping for a 2nd season and less tsun Mahiro.
Jun 25, 2012 11:51 AM

Oct 2010
by far the most entertaining anime this season... hopefully a second season will come soon
huh?
Jun 25, 2012 11:59 AM

Nov 2008
That monster has taste for sure, I like Key VNs as well.

S2 and figures of Ghutatan and the rest of the cast besides Nyaruko please

8.5/10

Jun 25, 2012 12:00 PM

Sep 2009
They should make final more original. It was funny but it was still your typical "final boss fight". But good parody anime overall. 9/10 from me and won't bother to see more.
Jun 25, 2012 12:19 PM

Dec 2010
Enjoyable series, hope they make a season 2
Jun 25, 2012 12:27 PM

Jul 2009
Fun, but a little too silly for my taste.
7/10
I enjoyed it though~!

Also, Kuuko & Tamao<3333333333
Jun 25, 2012 12:37 PM

May 2012
Ellis-chan said:
Fun, but a little too silly for my taste.
7/10
I enjoyed it though~!

Also, Kuuko & Tamao<3333333333

YEP! Kuuko opened a new yuri route!

Remember back in that one episode? When the alien girl said something good would come Tamao's way? This is it!

Now Hasuta's the only one left with no one, unless maybe he goes after yoichiro? Or maybe Luhi?

All in all, GREAT EPISODE! And Awesome show~
Jun 25, 2012 12:48 PM
Jun 2011
Who would've thought that the villain is fighting for the sake of adult games? lol.
Jun 25, 2012 1:13 PM

Jun 2010
Why did i watch this, not even god may know 5/10
Jun 25, 2012 1:20 PM
Jan 2011
A bit too corny on the side, but not bad at all.
Jun 25, 2012 1:37 PM
Jul 2018
Better than final episode of Tasogare Otome. Such a nice show, laughs were had in every episode more than once. I want my own hyperactive nyarlatohotep.
Jun 25, 2012 2:02 PM

Jun 2010
The ending song was nice. Nice ending scene. Dat post card of Ghutatan... Second Season?

Anyways 6/10. An average score for a good Anime. I would actually like to add .5 if I can.
Jun 25, 2012 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
Nice ending to this anime. I loled at the "Urusei Yatsura - Beautiful Dreamer" reference in the beginning. And Mahiro's Harem is always growing... lucky boy =)
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 25, 2012 2:37 PM

Feb 2012
It took about 12 minutes to bring Nyaruko back in action and that was way too long.

Didn't feel like a final episode and Mahiro still sucks but that dude saved the episode with his ero games.
Jun 25, 2012 2:45 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
And it looked like Nyaruko was about to finally actually get a kiss at the end.
Agreed - it didn't look like Mahiro was going to fight it. He DID let her feed him a little earlier. She will win, in the end.

I laughed, sometimes till it hurt, most of the way through these 12 episodes. That alone is worth a lot.
Jun 25, 2012 3:01 PM

May 2010
All Your Ero Game Are Belong to us >.< for such a reason really?

what an episode let see i cought the DMC and that about it,

when she said "Hate the person, Not the mounatin of game" i about lost it, this show can do the most stupidist of thing and i wouldnt care cuz its awesome

7/10
Jun 25, 2012 3:10 PM
May 2010
Sure it would be the second season, I just hope it would be soon.
Jun 25, 2012 3:51 PM
Oct 2010
he has a loli now too. asshole. i want ghutatan
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 25, 2012 3:51 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,the eroge fans rise!!

Good way to end the season,Mahiro realize how much the 3 of them mean to him.

The majordomo reason to trap Mahiro was lol.....all because of the Eroge!! But said he has a good taste o.o

The fight was not bad,all the characters fighting in their way,Nyaruko almost get tentacle rape if wasnt for Mahiro to the rescue,at the end they defeat him....poor of him no more eroge to play for him.

At the end Ghutugan joins the harem!! Now he has a loli als...lucky Mahiro -.-
Nyaruko again confessing to Mahiro and almost gets a kiss....but Mahiro again to Tsun to take it.

As a whole was a fun series,made me laugh and even that doesnt have a history wasnt needed the characters are enjoyable even that Mahiro some times deserved a bitch slap,but was a fun ride.
8/10 for me and a second season wont be bad at all....i will miss my weekly Nyaruko T__T
Jun 25, 2012 3:54 PM

Jul 2011
LOL i couldn't stop laughing when he said EROGE!!! but hey what do you expect in this giant parody/comedy :D

its a really nice end, mahiro finally realizes he can't seem to live without them around and he cares deeply for them although he is still a tsundere

this series has been very enjoyable, its a nice anime you can watch for laughs and the characters are hilarious and interesting however it lacks a decent plot and an actual storyline but i dont expect a deep intricate plot when its a parody that takes the piss out of other known anime/manga like one piece, overall i give this series 9/10, this is mainly because it always made me laugh and i enjoyed the series as a whole, i also love the characters, mainly nyarko and kuuko, they are just so lovable and hilarious if it werent for nyarko being so darn cute and kuuko being a total pervert i would of probably give this series a 7 instead of a 9 because those two were the main source of comedy for me

i hope this gets a season 2 because i would like to see how romance develops between nyarko and mahiro and maybe kuuko
Jun 25, 2012 4:00 PM

Jan 2008
*tenticles grab Nyaruko*
I watched enough hentai to know where this is going.
Jun 25, 2012 4:16 PM

Oct 2010
The final episode of this series certainly had ti packed with WTF in the beginning in wondering exactly WTF is the place where Mahiro was along with what it implied. So I find in all this Mahiro in the spoiler
just being pretty cool with the clothing he is wearing and for some reason it kind melds in with the setup they show them in as in to get the viewer into being calm cause like he watched TV and all. Point being I like how much more plain the clothing on Mahiro looks in that setup than other setups.

As the episode went on I did get surprised of the servant of the loli to be such disgusting big pile of shit to looks hideous but most likely most people got pissed for the fact he scratched the loli out. Other than that I was more WTF and fearing at the following,

DAMN MAHIRO! Guy got totally crystallized with the close up of his face in the spoiler
it’s undeniable with his eyes there things really freaky for me. However the effects of when the crystal shattered were really cool and nicely done.

So to re-vibe things a little something in what they call a BATTLE ROYAL occurs with loads of the characters fighting like wild with tons of SFX. I have to say Mahiro’s mother in the following,

Along with the spoiler
will be damn good memories of her entry and pose there with the forks.

TBH to end the episode I still was WTF at how he the loli’s servant means amended to an end as the sole goal being to HOG all the Adult Games. ROFL! HAAHAHAHAHAAHA! Ridiculous.

Overall for me MOE + various elements (different proportions from art to action) + Knowing the real deal behind the characters and fully knowing they can become THAT! Did not work with me at all. I have to therefore from 7/10 to 5/10 as the final score. This was a bad move for me cause I studied the myths of this stuff back at school. None the less it had its funny parts and times.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 25, 2012 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
greatest anime ever 10/10 season 2 plzz
Jun 25, 2012 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
As Mahiro quickly thaws towards Nyarko, Kuuko bows to the inevitable and sets her sights on second wife status. Open ended finish so we could be back for another season, but this worked as well for a great parody.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 25, 2012 4:28 PM

Oct 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Overall for me MOE + various elements (different proportions from art to action) + Knowing the real deal behind the characters and fully knowing they can become THAT! Did not work with me at all. I have to therefore from 7/10 to 5/10 as the final score. This was a bad move for me cause I studied the myths of this stuff back at school. None the less it had its funny parts and times.

That is kind of weird... as for me knowing what they really are made this show hillarious and allow me to watch it at all. Without this Lovrcraft-theme it would be just another dumb fanservice show.
But I can understand this somehow - at least no one was complaining about "Mythos is serious business" and defilement of Lovecraft works (heck even hardcore fans I know were able to accept it just for references).
Jun 25, 2012 4:33 PM

May 2011
Ah...the ending was kinda makes me laugh there.

But it was good nonetheless.
Jun 25, 2012 4:41 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Dalek-baka said:
That is kind of weird... as for me knowing what they really are made this show hillarious and allow me to watch it at all. Without this Lovrcraft-theme it would be just another dumb fanservice show.
Same here - I've read most of Lovecraft's stuff and almost all of Howard's stuff, who made great use of Lovecraft's theme (and I'm not talking about that "Conan" stuff, though it was there as well), and all that gave me here was an appreciation for Mahiro's point of view and a deep laugh at his (ultimately hopeless?) situation.
Jun 25, 2012 4:44 PM

Jun 2010
Eh ending. I would've preferred he gave a consensual kiss. Love the parodies, music, characters, plot...somewhat. 9/10

Jun 25, 2012 5:08 PM
Oct 2009
It doesn't matter now but Where is mahiro's father ? I wonder if he is absent in the novels too
Jun 25, 2012 5:20 PM

Oct 2010
Dalek-baka said:
Yumekichi11 said:

But I can understand this somehow - at least no one was complaining about "Mythos is serious business" and defilement of Lovecraft works (heck even hardcore fans I know were able to accept it just for references).
I don't know, I guess it was perhaps my horification of the monsters and some aren't really affected as much as I was. It was indeed hard for me to separate them but like I said I had my fun times in this series cause Mahiro and his mom are AMAZING! :P

Jun 25, 2012 5:25 PM

Feb 2012
I will miss both of you! Mahiro! Nyarko! T_T

and it looks like Ghutatan will become a permanent cast if ever there is a season 2
Jun 25, 2012 5:36 PM

Oct 2010
HauntingShock said:
and it looks like Ghutatan will become a permanent cast if ever there is a season 2
I agree with you, I think it was the point of showing her at the end being able to stay on Earth, also there could be a OVA before that and the end would prove that she would be included in it.

Jun 25, 2012 6:17 PM

Feb 2012
I'm at a loss on what to rate this. Overall the series is funny, although i never laughed, and for this type of show it succeeds, but i didn't really enjoy it that much to give it a high rating. It has great eye candy and some silly stuff, but...

Meh, i'll give it a 7. Nice run. Kinda glad it's over though... >->
Jun 25, 2012 6:33 PM

Feb 2012
I thought this series was pretty entertaining. It gave me loads of laughs and Nyaruko was by far one of my favorite characters of this season. Her voice and the way she acted .. I just loved it. <3 I just wish Mahiro would've acted less tsun and whatever. If a season two comes out, I'll watch it gladly though! Just for Nyaruko. ~ <3

8/10 for me~! Honestly would've been 9 if Mahiro didn't make me so mad.
Jun 25, 2012 7:20 PM

Nov 2008
It was fun to watch.

7/10 overall.
Jun 25, 2012 7:30 PM

Jul 2010
well this was a nice decent series.
season 2?: wouldnt mind actually.

Jun 25, 2012 7:42 PM

Apr 2011
A lot of funny shit happens all the time when Nyaruko is involved. I enjoyed this series very much. Reminds me of To-LOVE-Ru. Which apparently is going to have Darkness animated. I'd like to see that. Anyways great ending for a "Don't take me seriously damn it!" anime.
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Jun 25, 2012 7:44 PM

Jun 2010
I already want my season two....I'll be givin' it a a 8/10
Jun 25, 2012 7:51 PM

Sep 2009
Of course the last villain in season 1 or in the series is someone who wants the greatest entertainment in the universe. I am surprised I didn't get this until he said it =.="
All in all I enjoyed this series. I laughed alot at the many enjoyable scenes. I would love a second season if they can keep up the quality. If not then they shouldn't bother cause then I will be disappointed.

My favorite series this anime season. I would give this a 10/10 just for Nyaruko alone, but that tsundere Mahiro pulls it down to an 8/10. Maybe it is because I want to be in his shoes lol.
xuezhiJun 25, 2012 8:00 PM

Jun 25, 2012 8:26 PM

Dec 2011
6/10. Funny but lil too perverted/crazy. OP and ED are really good tho.
Jun 25, 2012 9:06 PM

Feb 2011
8/10

I enjoyed a lot of the references as well as the general moe and comedic situations.
Jun 25, 2012 9:25 PM

Feb 2012
Bleh, I was hoping it to be serious like the first half... Oh well.

Overall, I had fun watching it, but I don't feel a loss since it's over, I enjoyed my time, that's all.

7/10 overall
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kuuderes_shadow - May 7, 2012

116 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Mar 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kuuderes_shadow - Apr 23, 2012

119 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Mar 14, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 9, 2012

257 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Mar 10, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - May 28, 2012

165 by akivn2023 »»
May 7, 2023 8:31 PM

Poll: » Haiyore! Nyaruko-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - May 14, 2012

95 by akivn2023 »»
May 1, 2023 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.