MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

'Legal' anime watching online
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Current Events »» 'Legal' anime watching online

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
06-28-12, 10:19 AM

Just to clarify, GOING to a random not legit website and streaming some anime is not illegal right? It's the owners of the site/the people that upload to said site that could potentially get in trouble. Not the random user that uses their site to watch.

And if it is illegal, you can't get in trouble for it cause it isn't closely monitored.

I stream because you can't get in trouble for it. ...And cause hubby is an idiot that supports PIPA and all that other copyright crap. If he found out I downloaded... it would not be a pleasant evening here. lol

06-28-12, 10:27 AM

360justin said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
360justin said:
Animecrazy have said they license their anime that is why not every anime seasonal show is on their site, but they license the streaming rights some how, think of it like a free crunchyroll but better.

I call bullshit on that. Only Crunchyroll and Hulu and the licensing companies own streaming services are legal.
Crackle and animecrazy are legal you can confirm that by going to the actual website sony own crackle and animecrazy license their material before it gets even uploaded onto the site the process is long of obtaining series thats why they don't have every single show for example like goodanime.net which is an illegal site clearly.

I forgot about Crackle but I do not believe at all that animecrazy licenses anything.

sisgood said:
Just to clarify, GOING to a random not legit website and streaming some anime is not illegal right? It's the owners of the site/the people that upload to said site that could potentially get in trouble. Not the random user that uses their site to watch.

And if it is illegal, you can't get in trouble for it cause it isn't closely monitored.

I stream because you can't get in trouble for it. ...And cause hubby is an idiot that supports PIPA and all that other copyright crap. If he found out I downloaded... it would not be a pleasant evening here. lol

Its still illegal but I doubt you would get sued or anything for streaming. They go after people who use torrents mostly. Why the hell would he support shit like PIPA?

06-28-12, 10:55 AM

Animecrazy has it on there site that they license, they get the streaming rights to their seasonal anime shows, whas so hard to understand about that exactly?

06-28-12, 11:16 AM

Drunk_Samurai said:
360justin said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
360justin said:
Animecrazy have said they license their anime that is why not every anime seasonal show is on their site, but they license the streaming rights some how, think of it like a free crunchyroll but better.

I call bullshit on that. Only Crunchyroll and Hulu and the licensing companies own streaming services are legal.
Crackle and animecrazy are legal you can confirm that by going to the actual website sony own crackle and animecrazy license their material before it gets even uploaded onto the site the process is long of obtaining series thats why they don't have every single show for example like goodanime.net which is an illegal site clearly.

I forgot about Crackle but I do not believe at all that animecrazy licenses anything.

sisgood said:

Its still illegal but I doubt you would get sued or anything for streaming. They go after people who use torrents mostly. Why the hell would he support shit like PIPA?

Mostly cause in college someone stole a coding for one of his projects and took the credit. He didn't have a copyright on it or anything but he was still REALLY pissed off and butt hurt doesn't cover it.
Essentially, he is sick of copyrighted software automagically becoming freeware. I can see his point there. But Hollywood and the Music industry has gone too far.

06-29-12, 2:26 AM

o

06-29-12, 3:05 AM

360justin said:
Animecrazy has it on there site that they license, they get the streaming rights to their seasonal anime shows, whas so hard to understand about that exactly?

They "try" to license according to their site. From their site "We are an one of a kind anime site due to the fact that we are starting to license most of the anime on our site. User's also can help add old anime, which when it get's popular, we try to license. In other word's users have the power to choose which show's get picked and which show's don't."

Simply checking their forums under "request anime" shows that a show does not need to be licensed to get added, but instead they track it down online and then upload it to their site....the same as other illegal streaming sites.

****@OP****
Anime on demand is for the UK audience specifically, although it is very limited. Other than that, like others have said there is software to watch regardless of country, although licensing is regional, so if you do so, it's not much different than streaming illegally to begin with =P

06-29-12, 4:32 AM

The site is way more legal than that goodanime sites crap.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices