Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 6, 2012 3:21 PM

Jun 2012
Evol is as much of a disappointment as it's prequel. How the hell did Kagura and Amata make up so fast. They were at each other's throats in episode 24 and just suddenly becomes best friends the following episode without any real development. Not to mention, Kagura was completely in love with Mikoto and saying he can't live without her for the entire series and then just gave up on her on the last episode like it was nothing. Somehow, the happy ending just reminds me of the prequel - rushed and extremely cheesy.
Jul 8, 2012 10:37 PM
May 2012
Amata X Mikono = Shuu X Inori

Kagura X Zessica = Daryl X Ayase instead of Tsugumi
Jul 9, 2012 5:38 AM
Jan 2011
Disappointing. Some parts of the series were played well, yet they decided to repeat the same mistake as last time.
The prequel wins in terms of romance and somewhat better plots. Like seriously. Animation for this series was great, but I expected it to be better, because it is a SEQUEL. The arse pull doesn't sit well with me :X
Onto a new anime then. Evol was partly entertaining. Oh wait, the Evol = Love joke appeared right at episode 1. How can they not know?
Random. Yeah. Wait you expected me to HAVE a signature or something?
Jul 13, 2012 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
Such a disappointing ending... why would Kagura, the reincarnation of a dog, and main antagonist for most of the serie just help Amata to get with Minori in the end?
Jul 13, 2012 3:42 PM

Apr 2012
Evol started out pretty well. It knew not to take itself too seriously. It had it's flaws back then too, but it was still fun and enjoyable. However, when the second half came along everything took a nosedive. Characters, storyline, writing, etc. Sure the production values were still there, especially with the finale but it when I take away the finale, which was pretty solid. Now it still had the ongoing issues that I mentioned earlier and last minute changes to 2 certain characters personalities. Overall it was decent. Production values were there, but everything else like story, characters, writing, etc. still the same mess. As a series, Evol is a disappointment.
Jul 21, 2012 6:37 PM

Apr 2010
must...need...SECOND SEASON!!!!! with more intense kagura x mikono luv~
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Jul 22, 2012 5:38 AM
May 2012
Still so sad that Yunoha is alone despite the loss of Jin thanks to that scumbag Mykage (I checked at Pixiv.net that there's so much Jin X Yunoha pics)

FOREVER ALONE Yunoha...
Jul 26, 2012 5:01 PM

Nov 2007
Aquarion LOVE LOL? that was predictable.

and yeah the old guy was Apollonius. figures. somehow he doesn't mind his dog getting his woman.

Still hate the Mikono and her being with Amata. I guess poor Zessica gets with Kagura ..... who is Amata anyway.

Oh and WHY IS KAGURA all of a sudden nice? he gives up like nothing and changes personality like nothing?

Oh and apparently Mix became a chick again thankfully. What about the rest of Altair? None of that is explained?

It wasn't bad, but I really disliked the 2nd half of the season. Still plot holes, and unexplained parts. Still hate Mikono. Still hate Kagura. Still hate Mikage.

Oh well. I would have liked to give it a 6-7, but I'm just sticking a 5 there.
Jul 31, 2012 2:56 PM

May 2009
kaapadnom said:
Such a disappointing ending... why would Kagura, the reincarnation of a dog, and main antagonist for most of the serie just help Amata to get with Minori in the end?

First: Amata was reincarnation of Apollo and Kagura was Amata's dark half.
Second: Mykage was main antagonist.
Third: Mikono and stupid plot.

lolLIPopsz said:
must...need...SECOND SEASON!!!!! with more intense kagura x mikono luv~

LOL. Mikono wouldn't have reason to reincarnate.

mystik said:
Oh and WHY IS KAGURA all of a sudden nice? he gives up like nothing and changes personality like nothing?

Yes, it would be better if they explained it in something like - Mykage taking all his magic mindfucks out of him to left him without his Sylvie(fake) memories.
Jul 31, 2012 4:13 PM

Sep 2010
A lot of people misinterpret what 'dark' self means. He's not evil or anything, it's like a picture in negative, your traits but only reversed which is a very philosophical eastern idea of ying yang that complement the same thing.

In their last gattai they realized they were pretty much the same, Kagura was passionate and hid his softer core. Amata was gentler and hid his rough edges.
Aug 4, 2012 5:44 AM
May 2012
Damn it this show is all about trollfest & hurt anyone's feelings especially the antagonist itself.

even NO one cares about Zessica.
Aug 15, 2012 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
i actually prefer zessica over mikono.
any who, was mykage a guy or girl? seems like some boys love action going on.

Aug 16, 2012 1:45 PM

May 2009
Angel_Beats said:

Shadow angels were probably genderless.
Sep 1, 2012 5:32 PM

Jan 2010
AQUARION LOVE

Most lulz I've had in a while
Sep 13, 2012 12:49 PM
Aug 2011
nice episode, and a aquarion shedding tears of rain!!

who would not love it!!
Sep 26, 2012 9:09 PM

Jun 2009
Angel_Beats said:

Hes a she again. Mix had Boobs again and implants cant fake those things. I enjoyed the series and upset the apollo was not apollonius. But the way he acted made sense that he was the dog. But gen/zen being the real apollonius was a shocker. He decided to surrender let his love find a new life so she could be happy and he became the earths guardian. It does and doesn
t make sense all at the same time. Like with Gurren Lagan. But I will say this it was a great anime none the less. I like how the pulled it off because that dog was always in the pictures so it made it plausable. Still would have liked that Apollo was Apollonius but it makes sense when you put the fact from the first series and this one that Apollo was never Apollonious. and the real Apollonious never died like Touma didn't. Also the companion must have been created by apollonious so in a sense He was a part of Apollonious. But the original never died bet celine and pollon did. So they were reincarted on the illiusion Apollonious created. He began the worlds guardian so that his compaion would fufill his love. But the wings of apollonious disapeared but were not returned to his original owner but the companion which explains why Amatas red wings.
Sep 28, 2012 7:17 PM

Sep 2012
Watched the whole series in 2 days and it was good, but man i really get pissed why wont they show what happend after everyone come together in the end... Will there be a season 2???? i rlly want it!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2012 4:18 AM
Dec 2011
So I kind of new Kagura and Zessica were going to end up together. Mikono is annoying I don't know why she could be cute sometimes but nahh. Amata is ok, it was pretty obvious there coupling, Andy/Mix AMAZING!!

But I know that teacher liked Dante obviously with all the hints BUT what did she whisper to him??

Want to talk more message me or please message me to answer my question.

Basically I wish there was ONE more episode and it showed a few more kisses like waited on Andy and Mix but but nothing and the altogether couples. also Shrade and Jin <3 I was hoping somehow they'd come back but no =[
Dec 6, 2012 7:10 AM
Feb 2012
aye yo nigga this is crazy
Dec 11, 2012 8:44 PM
Dec 2012
So I would just like to say I just finished this series after watching the first season on netflix, AND HOLY SHIT. I really loved everything that happened in the end SO MUCH.

Kagura and zessica have to be a thing, "bitch" and "asshole" comments? I mean, it totally works.

The wedding in mourning clothes was a prophecy, not all of them come true, and if they do. not always in the way the prophet saw them. So thats a thing

the only person who i feel truly sorry for is yunoha, poor little girl. :( I have re-watched then Jin based episodes a couple times because I love their relationship so much!

Kagura's sudden change of heart was unexpected, but understandable, He realized that if amata loved Mikono for mikono, and not because she was his reincarnated lover, then he deserved her more. same thing for zessica, which is another reason i want kagura and zessica to be together

(adam and eve... looool)

Overall this anime was AMAZING, and I have a massive post-anime depression about how im not going to get to see more. Hopefully there is atleast an english dub to give me an excuse to re-watch

=D 10/10
Dec 21, 2012 5:55 AM

Mar 2012
LOVED THIS SHOW ... those "erotic" metaphors worked perfectly.... BEST 2012
Jan 4, 2013 12:05 PM

Aug 2011
-Am I the only one who actually liked the Amata x Mikono pairing?
-Well, to be completely honest, I was fond of Zessica, and thought that it would be nice if she went with Amata.
-Unfortunately, I then thought that she wouldn't win because she isn't the main heroine, so I decided to stick with the main pair (Yes, it's completely possible to "shift" shipping).
-Generally, I think that this show was absolutely awesome and orgasmic and I really enjoyed it.
-In the end, the whole story of the two anime was just Apollonius trolling around and not accepting Toma. Well, Zen was still damn awesome for the whole show.
-The music (especially the first OP) being used in the most suitable situations is also what makes this anime so wonderful.
-Also, the absolutely magnificent mecha-action and absurdity (of course, in a good way) that reminds me of Gurren Lagann and such.
-It might not please some fans, but putting Zessica and Kagura together was the best thing the producers could do (and to be honest, I despise NTR, which contributed to me liking the main pair more).

-Now, there were many flaws with this show. Pointing out some of the most prominent ones:
-Amata contradicting himself. He went all like "screw fate and destiny!", but in the end it turned out that he was the original half of Apollo, meaning he was still destined to be with Mikono all along. Though it still proved his determination, since he probably didn't realize he was the (half) reincarnation of Apollo by the time he got into this fate and destiny depression.
-Then there's Kagura's wtf sudden change of heart. He suddenly turned all nice guy and gave up Mikono, who he yearned for so much the past 25 episodes, to his hated rival, all because his love was stronger. As much as I like Amata x Mikono, I think that was pretty crap. It was as if all his efforts through the entire show had all gone to waste. Kagura is a very interesting character, quite possibly the most badass out of the whole series. I don't think it's logical that the writers could just write him out like that (same with Zessica, who loved Amata with all she had).

-It might be interesting to point out, just how did Mix get her BIG BANGS back? Has the disease not gone past the point of no return? So it's just temporary?
-Even with all those flaws (and many more, too), Aquarion EVOL still remains as one of my favorite shows of this year, absolutely. I believe most people believed that it started off well, and had a huge budget, before crashing horribly just like how Guilty Crown did. But for me, the enjoyment and the fact that my favorite couple got together in the end really was what made this show special. Hate this show as much as you guys want, but it won't change the fact that this will be an unforgettable show of ecstasy that will forever be etched in my memory.
thesnnitroJan 4, 2013 12:30 PM
Jan 6, 2013 3:40 PM

May 2009
thesnnitro said:
-It might be interesting to point out, just how did Mix get her BIG BANGS back? Has the disease not gone past the point of no return? So it's just temporary?

They grew back during her gattai with Andy in Director's cut version of last episode.
Jan 13, 2013 5:27 PM
Aug 2011
Put off finishing this for a long time. Not a bad ending. I have to say the saddest story here is the truth of Fudou. His love fell in love with a dog...twice and he just watched.

The end was predictable yes, but that was something people should of realized if they had watched the first show. Even Kagura and Amata was extremely obvious. Fudo was the only surprise to me.

Anyway it was average but entertaining.
Tired_SmurphJan 13, 2013 5:31 PM
Jan 30, 2013 2:39 PM

Sep 2008
Totally unexpected ending, but I kinda foreseen it. Since apollo is not the real apollonius it means the real one Might be Free from romantic pairing. Knowing that fact I watch with content and acceptance the cliche story of apollo and slyvia (lost interest at apollo and mikage pairing).

Though my otp shrade and cayennne died, I'm very happy that Toma's thousand years of Love and longing has finally come into fruition. Woooot! My hunch that it might be Fudo was bulls eye. And I totally ship the two.

And what I love most is that... the Gay love story of Toma is a HAPPY ENDING! Even though it took (2) anime seasons of betrayal and heartache but still, his unwavering gay love prosper in a so-called straight anime!! omfg, I'm really so happy for him! *bursting in happiness*

note worthy: the woman who was apollonius love ended up with a dog spirit (pfff)... seriously, this anime loves my kind(yaoi fan).

ps. I watched this anime for BL scenes, and boy! didn't disappoint and I was totally pleased!!
kataruJan 30, 2013 2:49 PM
Live the life that you love, Love the life that you live...
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. - The Buddha
Feb 8, 2013 12:23 PM

May 2009
Dr_Smurph said:
I have to say the saddest story here is the truth of Fudou. His love fell in love with a dog...twice and he just watched

He didn't mind because he loved Celianne, not her reincarnations.
Feb 23, 2013 9:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Cheesy until the end XD I kinda missed all that cheese in the last few episodes, but they brought it back in this one so it's all good. I like how Amata and Mikono ended up together <3 It's sad for Zessica though...and Kagura? Sorry, his change of heart just came out of nowhere and doesn't make sense at all. "Oh Amata really loves Mikono, more than I love her. I respect Amata now and must support them!" Of course, Kagura didn't really say that, but still, it was too much of a stretch after all the, oh I don't know, 20+ episodes of Kagura going on and about his smelly wench and destiny. Meh.

However, I still enjoyed this anime overall. It was hilarious for the most part, and I liked many of the characters. I also enjoyed being trolled when it was revealed that Apollo=Pollon. Most of all, I enjoyed the orgasmic Unions LOL
Mar 26, 2013 12:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The camp and corniness came back which was a welcome thing. This series was at it's best when not taken seriously. Mix and Andy are back together and she got her bangs back. The death toll was lower than expected too.

Zessica and Kagura's reactions to Amata/Mikono after 25 episodes were pretty ridiculous, but I guess to be expected.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 19, 2013 7:42 AM

Apr 2013
Awww, I guess I'm one of the few people who liked the ending even though I have a strong huge of dislike when it comes to wimpy female leads. :D (Anyways, that kiss is pretty nice) I think one of the main problems why most of the people didn't like the ending is the fact that they made Zessica a better character than her winning rival in love which is Mikono, obviously (which is why people like/favored her more than Mikono)+Plus, how they tortured and made Zessica suffer in the past episodes. If the writers hate Zessica that much, they should've switched her personality with Mikono's or atleast, make Mikono a better & likeable character than Zessica, most of the people wouldn't probably have any problems with how the way it ended.

And hopefully, Zessica will get a happy ending with Kagura in the future. She can't be forever single and forever inlove with Amata anyways. c:

Ending was satisfying and I enjoyed watching the series.

8/10
iFrozeApr 19, 2013 7:56 AM
Apr 28, 2013 9:49 PM
May 2012
All the butthurt... :D

Most of you missed the creators' concept for the Aquarion series. Just like SnA, a parody of the super robot genre of the 80's and the mecha genre of the early 90's, EVOL is also a parody - a series that mocks the "love story" of teen pilots prevalent in this generation's mecha shows. The REAL love story that actually matters in the whole franchise was the fated Apollonius and Touma.

I think this concept or "trolling" was brilliant since teenage love hardly lasts when compared to the 24,000 years of love and hate between soulmates. I still wonder how most long time fans thought that the "Song of Genesis" pertains to Apollonius and Celiane when the lyrics didn't reflect the relationship of these two at all. Hell, the creator have to explicitly show the viewers they're mistaken in the movie just to set them straight and perhaps erase the 12,000 year old Apollonius/Celiane "romanticized love story" (and its connection from Apollo's and Silvia's love story) from their minds.
fanimangaApr 30, 2013 12:29 AM
May 10, 2013 4:15 PM
May 2013
I hate how they kind of left out what happened to Altair at the end. I mean it played a pretty big role in the series. I just think that they could have at the very least explained what happened to earth's other half rather than ignore it.

I like Kagura's ending and hope he ends up with Zessica. It's sweet that he loves Mikono but it's more of an obsession, I think the short moments he had with Zessica is a start to a beautiful pairing. But my all time favorite couple is Mix and Andy. I don't know how Mix got her tig ole bitties back but I'm not complaining. At least we know that Andy won't have to go gay for Mix.
Jun 2, 2013 4:00 AM
Feb 2009
DECENT
Jun 17, 2013 5:41 AM

Feb 2013
The most Corny and "Orgasmic" Meccha Anime's i've ever watch!! xD hahaha...
KaguraxMikono is my otp, but well, AmataxMikono is my 2nd otp, so i guess it's an okay ending too, but seriously Kagura, 25 episode and just give up like that?! ugh.. and u are most likely 1 of the Hottest Villain that i like.. XD
Jul 5, 2013 9:24 PM
Jun 2013
I just finished the first season and I just wanted to see how it all ends with evol and I must say its beyond retarted. Apollo and siliva never get back together since well theres 2 apollos and one is left out and is apart of apollo. Im just going to ignore that this exist and just stay with season one. It had a bittersweet ending but at least it was a good ending that made sense. Dont get me started on that dog crap. It felt like the writers wanted to try to be cool and go "oh didint see this twist" but it just comes off dumb.
Jul 20, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2012
That was a nice ending, really enjoyed this show. Zessica not getting the best ending was sad, but it was bound to happen.
Loved this series XD
Jul 31, 2013 1:52 PM

Dec 2008
I wanted to know more about the girl with the bag over her head.

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 9, 2013 4:20 PM

Oct 2010
Can't be objective with the ending as I really liked Zessica. Meh, didn't like it for some reason, even if I somewhat enjoyed the show...
Aug 9, 2013 8:02 PM
May 2013
Actually I finished the last episode right now :)) And It was Amazing to just stare at the melody and everything. No offense I disagree with half of the haters here for Evol. I loved It. Evol is love<3, Kagura and Zessica are cute together. I ship them forever. I ship Mikono and Amata<3 I even ship Ceyanne and Shrade:)

In Sousei it ruled, I love Reika and Silvia and everybody else who became a great character through the series.
Aug 27, 2013 3:10 PM
Apr 2013
I wish there was an ova or something to give Zessica and Kagura a better ending.. :/ Anybody know if this show's done and over with? Any possiblities for a movie/ova/sequel to this?
Sep 15, 2013 1:20 AM

Jun 2011
MoonlitKaitou said:

Somehow Kagura goes through this personality change and he's suddenly okay with letting Mikono go and letting Amata have her? What's with that shit? He chases her around for 25 episodes and then suddenly is like 'Oh my love is not as real or as strong as Amata's, I give up!' That was complete BS right there and half assed writing.

Zessica fights destiny, continues to love and cherish Amata while always supporting him and gets a shit end. What does this show teach you? If you're not destined for that person, don't fight it because you'll never get with them- isn't that an absolutely great message? Zessica was an amazing character who didn't get anything she deserved. It would have been better if she had not existed in this series at all- I mean was there a real point to having her in show? It would have been fine without her and spared her all the shit she had to suffer through.

Aquarion EVOL: Love conquers all!*

*As long as your fated. - a quote from someone, very fitting.

Poor Zessica...

Definitely agree with some of the things said there. The fated couple bull crap is a little trite. I always end up rooting for the unfated ones - like Zessica, but shit, she's so much better than Mikono IMHO.

The ending was a little half-assed. No doubt about it in my mind. I busted my ass laughing when they showed EVOL => LOVE and called that combo Aquarion LOVE. It was almost like they saved a really awesome punchline until the end, but then when they said it, you got overwhelmed by cheese. Still, I liked the series. It was a great watch. There were a lot of predictable plot twists, but that's not always a bad thing. Good mecha action, and music too (which was also what I liked the most in the original series). If nothing else, I enjoyed it because of Zessica! <3
RazorfingerSep 15, 2013 1:29 AM
Sep 17, 2013 4:43 PM

Apr 2012
said that its over, loved that anime... want another Season...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zessica <3
Oct 8, 2013 2:46 PM

May 2013
ok maybe this was answered by someone before but i didnt read the 8 pages of posts before this...but can anyone here explain to me why Apollonious isnt the one trying to get his love but instead the dog? i guess i never really grasped that concept.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Jan 10, 2014 8:01 AM

Oct 2009
Seriously how is this better than the first series? Shitty characters ( I didn't give two fucks about any of them except for Jin), good trolling is fine but this was just some awful crap.

I loved it up till this last arc, fuck this dog shit and Fudo is Apollonius? Fuck that too. He just let a dog have his lover?

I wish I never watched this, the ending of the first series was great, I really loved it. This is a real clusterfuck.

sorry about the swearing but I am so mad right now..

6/10, I should probably lower it a 5 or 4 but I really did like it till all the dog shit.
Jan 25, 2014 6:52 PM

Apr 2012
DSM144 said:
Aquarion LOVE. That was so obvious. We already figured that out since the beginning.

Kagura and Zessica make a good couple.

Mix turned back to a girl :P

It's great that nobody died and that everybody has a happy ending.
A lot of fans were expecting Amata and Kagura to fuse but that would just destroy the characters.
Apollo, Sirius and Toma were shown.

A really good episode with MikonoxAmata ending (as expected).
I am happy to be spoiled.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 27, 2014 12:52 AM

Mar 2008
This anime is so damn corny but I still like it & The best part of this whole series is that Mix got her Titties back!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!
Feb 11, 2014 10:24 AM

Apr 2009
Visually this was a very nice series (also really enjoyed the first ED), and falls into the 'so stupid it's entertaining' category, but at the same time I really only cared about Yunoha and Jin. They at least had something in common, whereas the others' relationships were common anime stereotypes.

Have to give it a 5 because no matter the little moments of enjoyment, the bs 'philosophy' and meh charas just got in the way.
Mar 23, 2014 6:47 PM
Jan 2014
Yess 5/5 i love happy and cheesy endings like the dragonaut ending

omg i just realized at the end lmao EVOL= LOVE backwards
May 11, 2014 8:18 AM

Aug 2012
I didn't understand why Kagura became nice and all but whatev
Mix turned back to a girl !!! Suomi and Donar YESSSSSSS

Everyone's happy. (Well, except Kagura and Zessica. They should just make out , they look great together).

We get to see some Jin x Yunoha for the end and by the way, it's Crea who fills the last blank of the ending !

Really enjoyed this series ^-^
8.5/10
NouillyMay 11, 2014 8:32 AM
Nov 4, 2014 8:06 PM

Apr 2012
OMG I commented on Jan 25 2014, and I just completed this series now...

It was a great ending. Overall 8/10 for the series.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Nov 20, 2014 4:24 AM

Jan 2012
over the budget anime..

plot was semi-decent with all three generations of whatever

the naming and lines were cringey as fuck tho.. all the way tilt he end with Aquarion Love... /facepalm

Andy x Mix = win

Amata's mom is 11/10 MILF

7.33333... /10 for me
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2012

71 by E_akane_7 »»
Nov 4, 2020 8:58 AM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2012

48 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 16, 2020 2:55 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 15, 2012

64 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 16, 2020 2:14 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2012

79 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 15, 2020 11:46 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2012

44 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 15, 2020 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.