Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 27, 2015 3:17 PM

Jan 2015
Seems quite easy to watch, wasn't boring, one or two funny scenes, will see how it goes but nothing exceptionnal atm.

Although it does look like a show that revolves around girls having the upperhand on boys for its comedic aspects. I hope it doesn't overuse that trope.
Dec 26, 2015 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
GosuGian said:
The mole is too distracting WTF!

Lol I thought it was something on my computer screen!

I found this really interesting. The body switching will probably become an every day thing for them, bringing some unexpected events along the way.

Lol @ Taichi I saw that coming. It's impossible to resist, fellas!
Mar 23, 2016 2:50 PM
Mar 2016
Overall good first episode. I appreciate the slow build up of the story and character so far, and really loving both the personalities of Inabi and Tachi. The ending was left a little vague and gave us an idea of how this whole situation is going to affect the friends in the future. Also I LOVE BODY SWITCHING!!!
Nov 10, 2016 4:53 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
OMG I love this body switching stuff LOL
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 12, 2016 11:23 PM

Dec 2013
This was a fun first episode. Inaba is already my favourite by a significant margin.
Dec 22, 2016 2:56 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 01:

My first slice of life anime, the switch souls thing is pretty interesting I hope that they will explain it later on.

The Characters

Yaegashi Taichi an Boxer fanatic boy, who don't smile often.

Nagase Iori the idol of the group, with a pervert sense of humor.

Kiriyama Yui a blonde and cute girl with a constant negative to Aoki.

Aoki Yoshifumi is Taichi blonde and pervert friend with a crush on Inaba.

Inaba Himeko a cold yet cute girl.

OK character for me, with an interesting supernatural plot.

3/5
Jan 30, 2017 3:30 AM
Jan 2016
this first episode made me bored
the animation is meh
May 25, 2017 2:20 PM

Feb 2015
Well, it has an interesting concept. Let's see where they're going to go from here.
Jun 2, 2017 4:10 PM

Sep 2013
The first episode was enjoyable enough, but I'm not sure what to really expect from it now. It kind of felt like a stand-alone episode. It didn't really set up anything for the 2nd episode. I assume there will be more personality swapping, but I'm not sure what to expect beyond that.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 11, 2017 1:01 AM

Jan 2010
ok so i've been wanting to watch this for quite some time, but due to life being life i couldn't...so i am gonna start now

tbh this was a pretty good opening episode, the synopsis is interesting and it got me wanting to watch the 2nd episode ...so , up to that! :)

the characters didn't impress me so far but hey, it's only a first episode

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 25, 2017 6:16 PM

Dec 2015
Looks like there's gonna be quite a lot of drama in this anime.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 1, 2017 7:20 AM

Jul 2015
Rewatching the series after more than 2 years since I first watched it.

Great first episode, we go straight into the body switches and the interactions that they create, super fun comedy, I can agree with Taichi's opinions heh.

I can't wait to see if I still love Inaban as much as I did the first time, for now I sure as hell did!
Mar 26, 2018 10:39 AM
Aug 2017
When you spend the entire episode trying to figure out why Inaba's voice sounds familiar and then you finally realize it's Kurapika...
Apr 4, 2018 12:46 PM

May 2016
It felt pretty good but typical in some aspects.
Apr 20, 2018 10:01 AM

Jan 2018
Interesting premise so far and the characters are fun to watch. Hopefully this will be good.
May 8, 2018 5:15 AM

Mar 2018
My first thought: Why are the others friends with Inaba Himeko? She seems like a bitch who mistreats everyone. I very much hope she starts showing some redeeming features soon.

imperlast said:
this is such a wining anime

That scene was funny! :D

mitch3315 said:
desolato said:
To everyone acting out, it's indeed only a preview. But damn, was anyone else bothered by that girl's mole? Not that I have a thing against it, but it doesn't move and stuff. Just looks badly animated. Heehee. A badly animated mole.

The mole annoyed me at first but it stopped bothering me soon enough.

I think Iori's mole is cute. :)
Aug 10, 2018 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
An interesting start. It's kinda hard to realize instantly who changed with who and character introduction could have been done better (had to draw diagram in the end to understand those characters), but it seems very promising with some sad things coming after genki start.

Wonder how this anime turns out, have heard some good recommendations for it.
Nov 30, 2018 4:43 PM

Nov 2016
It was an okayish start, but it has a lot of potential and I'm interested to see how things will play out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2018 9:18 PM

Oct 2013
Iori fucking MADE this episode. That scene where she teased Taichi on the couch was so fucking erotic and I can't even explain why but I had to replay that immediately. She will be my waifu by the end of this I SWEAR BY THE LORD I SWEAR IT.

That Undertaker poster loooool I expected to see Japanese pro-wrestlers, not the fucking Deadman.

This is the most fucking "anime" anime I've seen in a while with these characters and this sense of humor. Pretty decent episode, but again, Iori is the winner here.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 10, 2019 11:12 AM

Mar 2013
Eh it was alright! Some sort of Yamada-kun with more slice of life elements... it doesn't have much to offer other than the body-changing thing though. Let's see how it will progress.
May 14, 2020 12:41 PM

Aug 2014
Interesting, nice art for 2012, feels very real with art style and how characters talk very realistically, ok jokes.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 6, 2020 8:52 PM

Aug 2019
wow that was definitely an interesting first episode, they went straight into it huh. The ecchi this series radiates rn is very strong. i like it.
Huh the situation feels very "Your name" but a 1 or 2 steps back... or forward since this time its a group of fucking 5.
Taichi actually a fellow man of culture, id probably do the same if i got swapped into a girls body. Lucky bastard, i'll drink to that.
whelp time to see where this anime goes, im sure it'll be a joy ride and a half
Jul 24, 2020 11:09 AM

Jul 2016
The art style is kinda just discount KyoAni.
Apr 10, 2021 4:35 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What a messy setup for a great choas. This definitely feels like a shitshow in the making, for all the good reasons.
Aug 14, 2021 11:52 PM
Aug 2021
Mirorin said:
The premise was interesting, but I was bored for most of the preview. Himeko's cool though.

Oh Taichi...

Exactly. I can't help but think of this as a low grade version of yamada kun and the seven witches. The whole concept is taken straight from the show with a few exceptions but since I quite enjoyed the aforesaid show, this just feels like a feeble attempt at an imitation.
Sep 11, 2021 1:43 PM

Nov 2017
First reaction is exactly what every guy would do - check boobs just to make sure 🤔🤔
Dec 27, 2021 7:44 PM

Dec 2020
ooo this is pretty nice. i liked the brief introduction of characters, one episode and i have a clear idea on how they are, i also liked how they showed the are outside of school specifically their family life

that switch part for iori and taichi was pretty scary
May 9, 2022 2:56 AM

Jun 2007
meh art, boring, cutesy voice acting gets on my nerves, Inaba is a buzzkill... I think I'm gonna drop this shi... btw it's kinda funny how everyone was overhyped for this in 2012 (the first page)
see you, space cowperson . . .
Nov 19, 2022 8:00 PM

Aug 2014
It's been a while since I've sat down and watched a new anime. I decided I needed a good romance/drama anime, and after searching a bit through my plan to watch list, I came across this.

With that being said, this episode is definitely a lackluster first episode.

I'll begin with the things I enjoyed. Iori is definitely the star of the episode. Her playful, energetic personality is a lot of fun. Secondly, the part where Iori and Taichi switch bodies was, initially, interesting.

On to everything else.

Inaba is the type of character I've never enjoyed. Just straight up rude/mean for no good reason; her impatience with everyone was not a joy to watch. To go off of that, the show seems to be utilizing its comedy at the expense of the guys. I don't mind if there's friendly banter/teasing between male and female characters, but there's too much screen time dedicated to making fun of the male cast. It's just not terribly funny. There was also the friend of Iori that was super creepy, didn't find that very amusing either. The comedy department is sincerely lacking, as it tends to rely on tropes.

These are my preliminary thoughts going into the show. Overall, the episode was pretty boring. Aside from Iori's fun energy, I didn't get much out of this first episode. Here's to hoping the show picks up.

Jan 19, 2023 5:09 AM

Sep 2017
so i am watching this anime coz it was on my ptw for some reason.

people switching bodies ig.

comedy is too meh tbh, i will probably give this the 3 episode watch and decide.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 23, 2023 6:17 PM
Jul 2021
Decent start to the series
Dec 3, 2023 7:18 AM
Nov 2019
The art style reminds me of Kyoto studios….
Jan 7, 3:38 PM

Jun 2021
i'm here for Yui... but not Yui Hirasawa, even if ironically the character design looks a lot like K-On (by coincidence seen by me starting with 2012 when this show had its debut) and her actual seiyuu has a main role here too.

Not all that involved with this opening episode (some jokes / moments of the pervert kind were way too obvious) but it can improve, even the other characters have some potential.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

230 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

335 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.