Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2012 9:55 AM
Mar 2012
followed every week... somehow missed ep25 till i watched it today.
Expected some sad ending, but wow, somehow it's half funny half emotional, just genius!
Kariya: "got trolled! agaiinnn!"
Gilgamesh woooo
literally a heartless dude comes back to troll in engrishh
Lancelot: sorry i luv Guinevere...
...so where's the Saber x Guinevere spin-off yuri? LOLLL
Jul 19, 2012 11:01 AM

Aug 2009
gophercg said:

I have been wondering about that.That psalm in ep 23 was really good in japanese.I dont know how it was for the japanese viewers but to me it was amazing.So, why did they decide to make the psalm during the funeral in english?

kotomine's engrish are almost as bad as any psalm in greek language.
Jul 19, 2012 2:37 PM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
gophercg said:

I have been wondering about that.That psalm in ep 23 was really good in japanese.I dont know how it was for the japanese viewers but to me it was amazing.So, why did they decide to make the psalm during the funeral in english?

I'm honestly stumped why they decided that considering his Exorcism in Fate/Stay Night was all japanese as well. My guess is they decided to go for the realistic choice that since the Tohsaka family had European roots they'd do the funeral in English but they're in friggin Japan. If anything do it in latin or something.

Jul 19, 2012 3:02 PM

Aug 2009
Leon-Gun said:
ssjokg said:
gophercg said:

I'm honestly stumped why they decided that considering his Exorcism in Fate/Stay Night was all japanese as well. My guess is they decided to go for the realistic choice that since the Tohsaka family had European roots they'd do the funeral in English but they're in friggin Japan. If anything do it in latin or something.

Nasuverse just loves to rape western languages.You know, I wonder how do engrish sound to a japanese viewer(if not all japanese).Is it as bad as it is for us?Or are japanese people really that bad with english lang(like it is shown in anime) that any word seems like magic to them?As for realism I think that is out of the picture when King Arthur is a woman and Gilgamesh is a bishounen(not to mention the whole world of Nasuverse) so why try for realism in a funeral?
Jul 19, 2012 3:25 PM

Aug 2009
Wasn't saber and gigamish suppose to battle in fate/zero? I wanted to see them battle with this awesome animation from ufortable...
Jul 19, 2012 3:38 PM

Aug 2010
xxCLouDd said:
Wasn't saber and gigamish suppose to battle in fate/zero? I wanted to see them battle with this awesome animation from ufortable...

No they never did have a fight. That only happened in Deen's Fate Stay night.
Jul 19, 2012 3:42 PM

Aug 2009
xxCLouDd said:

If they had a fight at that moment,it would be 10(maybe more) times more one sided than the fight with Rider was.So there wouldnt be much to call it battle and Saber fans would go in a rampage.
Jul 19, 2012 9:55 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
xxCLouDd said:

If they had a fight at that moment,it would be 10(maybe more) times more one sided than the fight with Rider was.So there wouldnt be much to call it battle and Saber fans would go in a rampage.

Rampaaaaaaaaggge. Saber is God.
Jul 20, 2012 3:15 PM

Sep 2010
xxCLouDd said:

Nope. She got trashed in the novels too. She was also almost dead because Berserker cleaned the floor with her. She survived thanks to Kariya running out prana.
Jul 23, 2012 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
wonderful series.

was never keen on shirou in fate stay night, but i enjoyed seeing him at the end.

season 2 gets a 10/10 from me. not reading the novels probably made me enjoy it a lot more.
Jul 23, 2012 5:03 PM

Mar 2008
It was pretty good.

8/10

One thing I didn't get was the beginning of the last episode after Kiritsugu told Saber to destroy the Holy Grail. I'm assuming she tried to destroy it, but couldn't since the Holy Grail opened hole in the sky and started pour wine which melted the ground like lava. Maybe she destroyed it and that was the result of destroying it?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star." -Friedrich Nietzsche | Last.fm

Jul 23, 2012 7:43 PM
Dec 2007
Junigenmukyoku said:
It was pretty good.

8/10

One thing I didn't get was the beginning of the last episode after Kiritsugu told Saber to destroy the Holy Grail. I'm assuming she tried to destroy it, but couldn't since the Holy Grail opened hole in the sky and started pour wine which melted the ground like lava. Maybe she destroyed it and that was the result of destroying it?
She destroyed the Physical Grail, but the power inside the Grail spilled and destroyed everything. Fate/Stay Night dubs this substance as the "Black Mud". But yes, she technically destroyed "The Holy Grail" it just wasn't what she should have destroyed.

Jul 26, 2012 7:12 AM
Nov 2011
Brilliantly concluded, perfect for laying the foundation for an epic like Fate/Stay Night (Visual Novel.) 8/10.
Aug 5, 2012 2:29 PM

Dec 2011
Happy ending for..
nobody?

I feel bad for Kariya, Kiritsugu, Saber, Ilysviel, Rider, Maya..
well, everyone.

8/10
Aug 5, 2012 3:05 PM

May 2009
Glub said:
Happy ending for..
nobody?
Kotomine and Gil seemed quite happy.
Aug 5, 2012 6:27 PM

Aug 2008
big disappointment this show is for me too much talking, though this season had more fights than previous, and whats with that matrix fight lol that was out of place.
Aug 5, 2012 7:58 PM

Apr 2012
Glub said:
Happy ending for..
nobody?

I feel bad for Kariya, Kiritsugu, Saber, Ilysviel, Rider, Maya..
well, everyone.

8/10

What do you mean?
Everyone got their wishes granted except probably Saber and Lancer.

Kiritsugu wanted to save the world and he does, at the cost of his family. His subconscious wish is to be with his family and he starts a new one with Shirou.

Rider wanted to find Okeanos and he finds it but dies.

Waver wanted powerful figures to recognize and praise him. He gets Gil and Rider's approval but he loses Rider's almost father like guidance.

Caster wanted to see Jeanne and he sees her through a hallucination before dying

Uryuu wants to find pretty colors he's been pursuing through murder and he finds it by dying.

Tokiomi wanted to reach Akasha, and by dying, his soul reaches Akasha and gets recycled.

Kirei wanted to see naked Gil and he does.

Gil wanted Kirei to see his naked body and his wish was granted.

Kayneth wants to fight a battle between magi but he loses.

Kariya wanted Aoi to be happy with her family and by choking her, he made her mentally retarded so she hallucinates about being with her family. Good job Kariya, the suffering is delicious.

Lancelot gets the punishment he wanted.
BloodRequiemAug 5, 2012 8:07 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 6, 2012 1:12 AM
Dec 2007
Meruru said:
BloodRequiem said:

Kirei wanted to see naked Gil and he does.

And actually, his wish(not naked Gil) wasn't granted, he had to finally face his own evil nature and give up on trying to become a normal person. Even though he seemed to be happiest among those who made it to the finale, Kirei didn't get a happy ending.
Oh, but he made a loli cry and seen lots of suffering and dying people, if that counts.
I think Blood was joking for the most part.

Aug 6, 2012 1:32 AM

Apr 2012

Everyone's wish is to see naked Gil
BloodRequiemAug 6, 2012 1:38 AM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 6, 2012 4:28 AM
Dec 2007
Meruru said:
Mine's not! D:
Joke or not, it is true that Gilgamesh is BFF with Kirei during both Zero and Stay Night. Case in point? Both Unlimited Blade Works climax and his actions during Heaven's Feel. Plus his time during the lull between the two series.

Aug 6, 2012 7:53 AM
Dec 2007
Meruru said:
I know that, but BFF =/= homo. It's not said outright anywhere that Gil's gay for Kirei/loves him(although he loves interesting people in general), so your mileage may vary or whatever.
And their camaraderie seems to be pretty one-sided, too.
Hmm, perhaps. Kirei was more interested in SHirou in Stay Night than anyone else at all.

I might also add, Gil is implied to have a bit of that, especifically with Enkidu. And to add a little bit more extra here, the author pretty much admitted their sexuality is open.

Aug 6, 2012 12:17 PM

Apr 2012
Leon-Gun said:
Meruru said:
I know that, but BFF =/= homo. It's not said outright anywhere that Gil's gay for Kirei/loves him(although he loves interesting people in general), so your mileage may vary or whatever.
Hmm, perhaps. Kirei was more interested in SHirou in Stay Night than anyone else at all.

I might also add, Gil is implied to have a bit of that, especifically with Enkidu. And to add a little bit more extra here, the author pretty much admitted their sexuality is open.

Gil would sleep with anything as long as it's beautiful (IIRC from HA) and Kirei's name even implies beauty so...

BloodRequiemAug 6, 2012 12:21 PM
Aug 6, 2012 12:22 PM

Sep 2010
Meruru said:

Gilgamesh is canonically bisexual (rather pansexual since he's not even human) and he likes interesting, arrogant people (uh... like Kirei). He doesn't need to be "homo for anyone" in particular, because he already is bisexual. Mind your wording because you're coming as homophobic. Rapist with women, nicer with men (definitely nicer with men), since he's working under a misconception that women enjoy rape the most. He offered him to join him in his pleasure. Same with Saber who didn't have an opt out to say no. Look at the CD Drama AU Nasu wrote, he measures his interest for Saber and Kirei as equal (members of his Pleasure club. People who aren't Nasu exaggerates Gil's interest in Saber in parody, but Nasu? Makes it equal, because... he offered the same thing to both of them in the end: pleasure).

But yeah, it's one-sided since Kirei is either thinking of Kiritsugu or never notices him. Ufotable makes fun of this several times. They are pretty self-aware that Gilgamesh is hopeless. Just as they are aware he's playing the role of a seductive tempter around Kotomine.

You're seriously trying to oversimplify Gilgamesh.
ThessAug 6, 2012 12:44 PM
Aug 6, 2012 12:48 PM

Sep 2010
Karen is making fun of his current choices. She doesn't know Enkidu isn't blond. Furthermore, Gilgamesh likes 'beautiful' things in canon (this was established earlier in FSN), but what he considers beautiful is in F/Z: people who try to struggle to be more than they were born to be is more beautiful than anything. That arrogance Rider, Kirei, Saber, Enkidu, whoever you pick has.

Meruru said:
Frankly, I don't really care if he's gay for Kirei or not, that's just I don't see a reason to accept "he is" version as canon. Take it easy.

I find the wording 'homo' or 'gay' for someone extremely offensive.
ThessAug 6, 2012 12:51 PM
Aug 6, 2012 12:53 PM

Sep 2010
Ok. Thanks. I don't really care if he does Rin, Sakura, Medusa, Kiritsugu Waver or Rider in his free time. I just wouldn't say he's 'straight for someone' when it's a bi character. Even Gilles, who was historically homosexual and made bi-er in the Fate universe.
Aug 6, 2012 1:52 PM

Sep 2010
Because it's fun and better than Servant A can defeat Servant B. NO, Servant C is the strongest. Plus a good exercise to analyze a real complicated character.

Edit: I'll use my reply for a PM.
ThessAug 6, 2012 2:06 PM
Aug 6, 2012 2:16 PM

Sep 2010
Ohh, that. I didn't read what Leon said, anyway, I sent my thoughts via PM.

There's also the one with Yuetsu happy Kirei, ignoring naked lonely Gilgamesh behind him. Ufotable loves to poke fun to the "Kotomine ignores Gilgamesh."
Aug 7, 2012 3:00 AM
Feb 2012
Meruru said:
This thread is now "Gil's sex life", omg D:

Came to check what's new here.
0__o

Kiritsugu > Gil

/disappears
Aug 8, 2012 1:19 PM

Sep 2011
10/10
Second season was by far the best out of the two my god. The fight scenes were more <3, and we learned a lot more about Kiritsugu, and the others. Kiritsugu saved a boy, which saved himself from all the shit that went on.

Kiritsugu #1 favorite character for Fate/zero.
Aug 14, 2012 4:09 AM

Sep 2008
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"Well...I want to be a hero."

Goddamn greatest final line ever.

I'm really glad Waver survived till the end.

This whole show was at a completely different level to most other anime. Not only in terms of animation, but just in general. Every episode had the quality of an above average movie which is just crazy considering they did it consistently for 25 episodes.

Unfortunately, the show's greatest flaw was the story. It was actually pretty unimpressive and I didn't like it very much. I guess this is the reason for why I can't bring myself to give this a 10.

But this does make me wonder, what if an actually epic story was adapted with this kind of quality? That would be so amazing.
Aug 18, 2012 5:26 AM

Sep 2008
they destroy grail and it burns the city but when shiro does it in Fate/stay night everything seems fine.
how can it be?
maybe grail was angry on kiritsugu and it choose to grant kireis wish instead?
Aug 18, 2012 5:42 AM

Aug 2009
Schwarze_Kirsche said:
they destroy grail and it burns the city but when shiro does it in Fate/stay night everything seems fine.
how can it be?

What Kiritsugu ordered Saber to destroy was the vessel of the grail.After that the contents of the grail came down from that "hole" in the sky.
In FSN the hole is clearly visible and mud is already coming down.What Shirou and Saber destroyed was that hole that why the same thing didnt happen twice..If Kiritsugu had noticed the hole before ordering Saber to use Excalibur then he would have destroyed the grail like he wanted.
Aug 18, 2012 6:54 AM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
Schwarze_Kirsche said:
how can it be?

What Kiritsugu ordered Saber to destroy was the vessel of the grail.After that the contents of the grail came down from that "hole" in the sky.
In FSN the hole is clearly visible and mud is already coming down.What Shirou and Saber destroyed was that hole that why the same thing didnt happen twice..If Kiritsugu had noticed the hole before ordering Saber to use Excalibur then he would have destroyed the grail like he wanted.
Pretty much, in both cases he never does destroy the physical Grail. He actually destroys the Grail before it consumes the person being sacrificed as it. Kiritsugu just destroyed what was holding the power, not the power itself.

Aug 21, 2012 6:08 AM
Jun 2012
BloodRequiem said:
PhantomEX said:
So,

As the Grail was destroyed it kinda just overloaded and destroyed everything?
And where did gilgamesh go? since he was reincarnated and all..

The vessel of the grail was destroyed so there was nothing to hold the contents of the grail. Of course whats inside the grail poured out.
And Gil didn't get reincarnated.
It's just that the "mud" from the grail took away his spiritual form and gave him a corporeal body.

what happened to gilgamesh's clothes? were they swept away by the mud too or was that comedic relief from the epicness of this ending
Aug 21, 2012 6:58 AM

Aug 2009
Deevos said:
BloodRequiem said:
PhantomEX said:
So,

The vessel of the grail was destroyed so there was nothing to hold the contents of the grail. Of course whats inside the grail poured out.
It's just that the "mud" from the grail took away his spiritual form and gave him a corporeal body.

what happened to gilgamesh's clothes? were they swept away by the mud too or was that comedic relief from the epicness of this ending

The clothes(at least the armor) were also part of his spiritual body
Aug 21, 2012 7:34 AM
Dec 2007
Deevos said:
BloodRequiem said:
PhantomEX said:
So,

A Servant's armor and equipment...well, everything about them is made from spiritual energy (hence why Saber can change clothes at will for example). The moment he was turned into a mortal form his clothes basically "vanished". He can still summon his armor by spendng mana, but at that point he was still recovering from being turned mortal and his master had just been killed so they weren't in a position to spend energy lavishly.

Aug 21, 2012 9:43 PM

Aug 2010
New favorite anime.
It receives the prestigious
10/10
Aug 22, 2012 11:17 AM

Sep 2008
Great series from start to finish. I'm sad it's over. T_T
10/10
Aug 24, 2012 4:22 PM

Aug 2012
Had a hard time figuring what the hell was going on. Guess I'll not find out till I read/watch some of the other media available on this anime ><'

Aug 25, 2012 10:15 AM

Jun 2012
While that was a really interesting last episode, I was confused by what happened.
I'm also torn between watching F/SN and reading about it.
‎"Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles." - Nichijou
Aug 25, 2012 10:27 AM

Aug 2009
taketori said:
While that was a really interesting last episode, I was confused by what happened.
I'm also torn between watching F/SN and reading about it.

Read it.Although you lose half of the twists in the last route(Sakura's route) now that you watched FZ.The anime doesnt even deserve to be called a sequel to F/Z.
Aug 26, 2012 12:04 PM
Jul 2012
After all kiriya tried to do for sakura, she trolled him? I don't get it, Kiriya was my favourite character too and he got fucked up the ass
Aug 26, 2012 12:34 PM
Dec 2007
JavierR said:
After all kiriya tried to do for sakura, she trolled him? I don't get it, Kiriya was my favourite character too and he got fucked up the ass
Trolled him by... letting his dead corpse roll down by the stairs? He was dead already.

Aug 26, 2012 12:40 PM
Jul 2012
Leon-Gun said:
JavierR said:
Trolled him by... letting his dead corpse roll down by the stairs? He was dead already.

Trolled is the wrong word, but she did not give a fuck about him
Aug 26, 2012 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
JavierR said:
Leon-Gun said:
JavierR said:

Wrong.She couldnt give a fuck anymore.About everything, not only about Kariya.Which was more of a win against Zouken than anything else.Kariya at least managed to take away that old bastards pleasure.Which has better results than winning the grail.
ssjokgAug 26, 2012 1:50 PM
Aug 26, 2012 1:53 PM
Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
JavierR said:
Leon-Gun said:
JavierR said:

Wrong.She couldnt give a fuck anymore.About everything, not only about Kariya.Which was more of a win against Zouken than anything else.Kariya at least managed to take away that old bastards pleasure.Which has better results than winning the grail.

How am I wrong? She didn't give a fuck about him. also, could you explain the second part to me i don't really understand
Aug 26, 2012 2:50 PM

Apr 2012
JavierR said:
ssjokg said:
JavierR said:
Leon-Gun said:
JavierR said:

How am I wrong? She didn't give a fuck about him. also, could you explain the second part to me i don't really understand

Sakura's words were realizations more like an "Oh so that's what happens when you disobey Grandfather" rather than "That's what you get for disobeying Grandfather".
And you know how Kariya got fucked up by the worms? Sakura probably had to endure a couple more times of that mentally. At that point she's pretty much mindbroken and confused.

Please specify which part of the ending you didn't understand.
Aug 26, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2009
JavierR said:
ssjokg said:
JavierR said:
Leon-Gun said:
JavierR said:

Kariya's death was(as Sakura took it at least) Zouken's final lesson for her.After that ,whatever Zouken was doing during their "lessons",Sakura didnt respond at all,so he couldnt enjoy it.That was a small victory for Kariya.That's until she meets
Aug 26, 2012 3:20 PM
Dec 2007
^That. In Fate canon Zouken basically gets so annoyed by how much she doesn't responds that he lets Byakuya (her adoptive father and Shinji's dad) continue the "training" rather than doing it personally. He tried several other methods to torment her but even that stopped working fast.

And the less I remembe of that the less I will hate Rin for not giving a rat's ass about Sakuras situation overall.

Edit: why did I write Kariya. lol
Leon-GunAug 26, 2012 3:26 PM

Aug 26, 2012 3:24 PM
Jul 2012
Thanks for explaining guys, I would watch Fate stay night to see how things turn out but I don't think i would enjoy it as much since Kariya (the only guy I liked in the show) isn't there.
Pages (27) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM

» is it necessary to watch fate stay/night 2006 ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 25

24 by mykuza »»
Feb 26, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.