Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2012 6:48 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
RinM said:
This show was amazing...I'll give it 9/10 for now...
But really I would so like it if they made Fate/stay night again with a more serious tone like the did with Fate/Zero....But they can leave the music of Stay night cause it was brilliant ... The only thing I missed in this show was the OST of Kenji Kawai that made Fate/stay night so much more special...Seriously without it, it would be a much worse series....

Still after playing the VN if they had used more of the original fsn ost it would be even better.

Didn't play it so I wouldn't know... You could be right :D
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Jul 1, 2012 6:53 AM

Aug 2009
RinM said:
ssjokg said:
RinM said:
But really I would so like it if they made Fate/stay night again with a more serious tone like the did with Fate/Zero....But they can leave the music of Stay night cause it was brilliant ... The only thing I missed in this show was the OST of Kenji Kawai that made Fate/stay night so much more special...Seriously without it, it would be a much worse series....

Still after playing the VN if they had used more of the original fsn ost it would be even better.

I played the VN after I watched the anime.The ost wasnt the only thing that was better.My disappointment just got bigger after finishing only route the anime adapted
Jul 1, 2012 9:41 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
RinM said:
ssjokg said:
RinM said:

I played the VN after I watched the anime.The ost wasnt the only thing that was better.My disappointment just got bigger after finishing only route the anime adapted

Are you saying the other routes are better? After I watched the anime I wondered if there were other endings to the game but I heard that the ending that was adapted into a anime was the best and most satisfactory?
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Jul 1, 2012 9:51 AM
Dec 2007
For Saber fans maybe. I honestly prefer the Heaven's Feel endings, if only for the sheer tragic factor. Saber fans must hate it with a passion though.

Jul 1, 2012 11:21 AM

Jun 2009
I think all three routes had extremely satisfying endings. If I had to choose I'd go for the True End of UBW, though, something about that scene in the class room really agree with me. Fate's ending was arguably the most "beautiful" though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 1, 2012 12:14 PM

Apr 2012
HF normal end for realistic bittersweet ending
Sparks Liner High for "Mighty Wind" and Shingi, muketsu ni shite banjaku
HF True end for mad men engaging in useless folly
UBW true end for GARcher's farewell
UBW good end for bs fanservice
Fate true end for IRONY
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jul 1, 2012 2:33 PM

Aug 2009
RinM said:
ssjokg said:
RinM said:
ssjokg said:
RinM said:

Are you saying the other routes are better? After I watched the anime I wondered if there were other endings to the game but I heard that the ending that was adapted into a anime was the best and most satisfactory?

If the Fate route was the best ending/story FSN had to offer then it wouldnt have made me a Typemoon fanboy.UBW and HF true end(and as a whole)are way better IMO.
Maybe I dontr like Fate that much because I was forced to read all the story again.Although it was better it was still the same thing.
Jul 1, 2012 3:18 PM

Jun 2009
I see....well maybe I should just play it and decide for my self

So how long is the game?
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Jul 1, 2012 4:49 PM

Feb 2009
So Gilgamesh won? Saber destroyed the Grail? What happened to Kirei after the fight? I need to re-watch this, there are a lot of questions in my mind.
Jul 1, 2012 5:31 PM
Dec 2007
Veethorn said:
So Gilgamesh won? Saber destroyed the Grail? What happened to Kirei after the fight? I need to re-watch this, there are a lot of questions in my mind.
Gilgamesh mucked around for 10 years, Saber destroyed the grail and returned back in time and Kirei returned to the Church and took over his dear dad's role as the "Judge" of the Holy Grail Wars. That is all.

Jul 1, 2012 8:06 PM

Aug 2009
RinM said:

So how long is the game?

about 50 hours.Depends on how quickly you read and if you see all the bad ends
Jul 1, 2012 8:22 PM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
RinM said:

So how long is the game?

about 50 hours.Depends on how quickly you read and if you see all the bad ends
And if you play the voiced Realta Nua version in auto-read (which waits for every line of dialogue to be speaken before moving on).

Jul 1, 2012 11:36 PM

Sep 2010
insan3soldiern said:
Waver survived, which was not what I was expecting. But, then again I think this was written as a sort of coming of age story for him in that he's matured a bit throughout the series. His relationship with Rider was treated as one of the few positives throughout the series, which made it all the more memorable.

Waver was the true winner of the Masters (in the long run). Novels pointed that he's added in Rider's ranks of Servant and that their bond transcends time and space. He's going to live to honor that praise that was given for him and his future (his unshakable loyalty did impress Gilgamesh).

He also becomes Lord El Melloi II, Rin's mentor (and the one of the new magus generation), and takes own the Greater Grail 10 years after FSN Fate and UBW, waging his own war against the Clock Tower's nefarious purposes.

He also outlives all of them. Not bad for a second rated magus without plot armor, right?
Jul 1, 2012 11:40 PM

Aug 2009
Thess said:
insan3soldiern said:
Waver survived, which was not what I was expecting. But, then again I think this was written as a sort of coming of age story for him in that he's matured a bit throughout the series. His relationship with Rider was treated as one of the few positives throughout the series, which made it all the more memorable.

Waver was the true winner of the Masters (in the long run). Novels pointed that he's added in Rider's ranks of Servant and that their bond transcends time and space. He's going to live honor that praise that was given for him and his future.

He also becomes Lord El Melloi II, Rin's mentor (and the one of the new magus generation), and takes own the Greater Grail 10 years after FSN Fate and UBW, waging his own war against the Clock Tower's nefarious purposes.

He also outlives all of them. Not bad for a second rated magus without plot armor, right?

You know your life will be great the moment Gilgamesh somewhat praises you and lets you live
Jul 2, 2012 3:36 PM

Jul 2009
BloodRequiem said:
iNinjaMan said:
I have not seen Fate/stay night but I had assumed the ending would be sad. What a tragic ending. I'm confused about how the grail made Kirei's wish come true?

4 people have asked that question before you did.
Browsing the thread for the answer helps.

Dude, the thread is 25 pages long. If you're not gonna answer at least direct him to the correct page.
Jul 3, 2012 5:07 PM

Feb 2009
Veethorn said:

Again, a re-watch can do wonders, here are my new thoughts:

Kiritsugu destroys the Grail, but because Gilgamesh was the last standing he wins. Also, Kirei lives because he is bound to Gilgamesh and thus, his wish happens (chaos, destruction and misery). I guess Kariya had a vision of his dream (saving Sakura) due to some kind of hypnotic spell Sakura cast and then dies a miserable death.

I don't think this was the best last episode, the 2 episodes prior to this one feel superior, but it still ends on a good note. One thing I still don't understand though... What is the connection of these events with the last scene with Kiritsugu's daughter? Did she dream? Did she predict what happened? Did she become the Grail when Saber destroyed Isrivel's version of it (thus allowing Kirei's wish to happen)?

Fate/Zero ends on a high note, the most visually stunning TV series I've seen for sure, and one with a plot and dialogue worthy of "exemplary" status.
VeethornJul 3, 2012 5:21 PM
Jul 3, 2012 5:18 PM
Dec 2007
Correction, he dreamt he saved Sakura. Rin was tending to her now crippled mother. Sakura didn't do anything, he was already dying and in his dying moments he just went completely crazy and kept hallucinating that he had won. And Sakura's dismisive words are the results of the one year brainwashing Matou Zouken and Matou Byakuya kept doing on her.

And about Ilya, yes, she's a homonculus just like her mother and as such she's the new vessel. Homonculi are not really explained very well in Fate/Zero but they are actually fake humans, more akin to Nature Spirits and part of the Einzbern's specialty of magic has to do with transferring their will to other things, thus yeah, the Vessels can receive the will of the previous one. They actually have the personality and memories of the original Vessel who created the Grail imprinted inside of them.
Leon-GunJul 3, 2012 5:24 PM

Jul 3, 2012 5:21 PM

Feb 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Correction, he dreamt he saved Sakura. Rin was tending to her now crippled mother. Sakura didn't do anything, he was already dying and in his dying moments he just went completely crazy and kept hallucinating that he had won. And Sakura's dismisive words are the results of the one year brainwashing Matou Zouken and Matou Byakuya kept doing on her.

Yes, thats what I meant, I switched the names, let me correct it.
Jul 3, 2012 5:25 PM

Aug 2009
Veethorn said:
Veethorn said:

Kiritsugu destroys the Grail, but because Gilgamesh was the last standing he wins. Also, Kirei lives because he is bound to Gilgamesh and thus, his wish happens (chaos, destruction and misery). I guess Kariya had a vision of his dream (saving Rin) due to some kind of hypnotic spell Rin cast and then dies a miserable death.

I don't think this was the best last episode, the 2 episodes prior to this one feel superior, but it still ends on a good note. One thing I still don't understand though... What is the connection of these events with the last scene with Kiritsugu's daughter? Did she dream? Did she predict what happened? Did she become the Grail when Saber destroyed Isrivel's version of it (thus allowing Kirei's wish to happen)?

Fate/Zero ends on a high note, the most visually stunning TV series I've seen for sure, and one with a plot and dialogue worthy of "exemplary" status.

Gilgamesh didnt win because of that.(from wikia cause I am lazy)Servants are normally corrupted and blackened upon contact with the incarnation of All the World's Evil from the Holy Grail, but Gilgamesh is unable to be controlled or blackened due to his powerful ego that can stave back the mental pollution. He claims that someone would need at least three times that amount to even think about affecting him. The only change is that the saturation converts his spiritual body to one of flesh and blood. [

Kirei's "wish" being granted was a coincidence.

She didnt cast anything.Kariya just had an hallucination just before his death.His death and Zouken's brainwashing made Sakura lose hope for another 10 years.

All Homunculi are somehow conected to Justizia Lizleihi von Einzbern the first Homunculus to be used for the first War.That's why they were able to "talk".Ilya and Iri both carry parts of her memories and personality, allowing them to access both when necessary.
ssjokgJul 3, 2012 5:33 PM
Jul 3, 2012 5:30 PM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
Veethorn said:
Veethorn said:

Kiritsugu destroys the Grail, but because Gilgamesh was the last standing he wins. Also, Kirei lives because he is bound to Gilgamesh and thus, his wish happens (chaos, destruction and misery). I guess Kariya had a vision of his dream (saving Rin) due to some kind of hypnotic spell Rin cast and then dies a miserable death.

Gilgamesh didnt win because of that.(from wikia cause I am lazy)Servants are normally corrupted and blackened upon contact with the incarnation of All the World's Evil from the Holy Grail, but Gilgamesh is unable to be controlled or blackened due to his powerful ego that can stave back the mental pollution. He claims that someone would need at least three times that amount to even think about affecting him. The only change is that the saturation converts his spiritual body to one of flesh and blood. [

Kirei's "wish" being granted was a coincidence.

She didnt cast anything.Kariya just had an hallucination just before his death.His death and Zouken's brainwashing made Sakura lose hope for another 10 years.

All Homunculi are somehow conected to Justizia Lizleihi von Einzbern the first Homunculus to be used for the first War.That's why they were able to "talk"Ilya and Iri both carry parts of her memories and personality, allowing them to access both when necessary.

Thanks for the information, I gues smy memory is not very fresh from the first episodes. Anyway, I will eventually re-watch the whole thing
Jul 3, 2012 5:33 PM

Aug 2009
Veethorn said:

Thanks for the information, I gues smy memory is not very fresh from the first episodes. Anyway, I will eventually re-watch the whole thing

Well the whole homunculi thing isnt really explained in FZ so it isnt like your memory failed you.
Jul 3, 2012 6:13 PM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
Veethorn said:

Well the whole homunculi thing isnt really explained in FZ so it isnt like your memory failed you.

I know I have to get familiarized with FSN before re-watching this >_>
Jul 3, 2012 6:32 PM

Aug 2009
Ir
Veethorn said:
ssjokg said:
Veethorn said:

I recommend the visual novel
Jul 3, 2012 7:10 PM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
Ir
Veethorn said:
ssjokg said:
Veethorn said:

I recommend the visual novel
The vessel is only truly explained in Heaven's Feel. And the Grail for that matter.

Jul 4, 2012 7:34 AM
Mar 2012
(typed from cellphone, also no malice is meant in any of these questions im asking. Im just expressing instant thoughts and ill Shift through the thread too)

Wow. Shit got real heavy towards the end. Tough ending, not bittersweet like Gungrave, but very depressing. I felt last two episodes should actually have been 4 episodes. ill watch the last two again but here are some questions:

· emiya didnt actually kill his wife, that was just the grail i assume.

·is it the same archer and lancer in the SN anime? Btw, archer seems the toughest servant, stronger thsn saber even.

· speaking of which i do want to see the SN anime, but appears advise here is to not dare touching it with a 10 foot pole. A pity as im not really in to Visual Novels because of timr (just the way not everyone that likes Harry Potter films would read the books).

· Lancelot/Berserker was upset that Saber didnt get angry??????? I didnt get Sabers grief here either.

· any vital/ key things frim the ending that Were omitted in the epilogue? (this really was an epilogue, last episode was the last)).

· kiriya, wow, most tragic character in a while. So sad.

· basically the bad Guy wins? Kirei wins the war?

But what an epic story. I liked the debate and ruthless characters. My worry is when i watch good anime like this is that my next choice wont live up to it.hope Steins gate and others on my plan-to-watch list measure up.
superseiyanJul 4, 2012 7:43 AM
Jul 4, 2012 8:07 AM

Aug 2009
superseiyan said:

Wow. Shit got real heavy towards the end. Tough ending, not bittersweet like Gungrave, but very depressing. I felt last two episodes should actually have been 4 episodes.

Yeah even we LN readers wished for that

superseiyan said:
· emiya didnt actually kill his wife, that was just the grail i assume.

The same goes for his daughter.None of them was real.

superseiyan said:

·is it the same archer and lancer in the SN anime? Btw, archer seems the toughest servant, stronger thsn saber even.

Yes and no.Gilgamesh appears in FSN but the Lancer of FSN is a different one(which is good).Saber isnt the strongest in both wars even if we exclude Gilgamesh.But yeah when Gilgamesh is serious he IS the strongest .

superseiyan said:

· speaking of which i do want to see the SN anime, but appears advise here is to not dare touching it with a 10 foot pole. A pity as im not really in to Visual Novels because of timr (just the way not everyone that likes Harry Potter films would read the books).

Well you could read it slowly.There isnt a rule that says you have to finish it in 2 days or so...FSN was my first VN and I was hooked.

superseiyan said:

· Lancelot/Berserker was upset that Saber didnt get angry??????? I didnt get Sabers grief here either.

As a knight yeah he wanted Arturia to punish him.The LN does a good job to explain everything about Arturia,Lancelot and Guinevere.The lack of their backstory was what upset some LN fans in ep 24.Saber believes it's her fault that her subjects, knights were lost and her kingdom was destroyed.While those who served her believed she was a great king she doesnt feel the same.She wishes to change the past when she pulled Caliburn and became the King.

superseiyan said:

· any vital/ key things frim the ending that Were omitted in the epilogue? (this really was an epilogue, last episode was the last)).

No not really.Except from Gilgamesh's dialogue with the Angra Maiyu when the mud fall on him.It will probably be in the BD.Also Kiritsugu arranged as an eventuality the physical collapse of the Great Grail System before the originally estimated date of the 5th War -- utilizing stocked dynamite and the manipulation of leylines to ensure a severe localized earthquake in the targeted area within 30 to 40 years of the 4th War. He didnt know that the war would start in 10 years.

superseiyan said:

· kiriya, wow, most tragic character in a while. So sad.

True.At least he had that dream

superseiyan said:

· basically the bad Guy wins? Kirei wins the war?

Yup it was decided before FZ was written.
Jul 5, 2012 10:34 AM

Jun 2007
Nooooo! I just finished watching this! Can't believe it's over! =(
Jul 6, 2012 1:57 AM
Feb 2012
In The End, Basically Kiri Saves The World From Himself Right? Cause That's How I Now Think Of It.
Jul 6, 2012 10:22 AM

Apr 2012
NNick said:
In The End, Basically Kiri Saves The World From Himself Right? Cause That's How I Now Think Of It.

Kind of... If he hesitated a bit more to destroy the grail then we will have a nice family reunion scene where
is sent to kick Kiritsugu's ass.
BloodRequiemJul 6, 2012 10:27 AM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jul 6, 2012 10:28 AM
Dec 2007
NNick said:
In the end Kiritsugu messed up thinking destroying the Physical Grail would make everything peachy. Instead it caused a wildfire that destroyed half of Fuyuki.

The anime forgot to add a detail that happens later on. Kiritsugu formulates a plan to completely destroy the Grail System by setting up explosives in the magic leylines that powered it (remember, the reason the Grail can spawn in 4 specific points of Fuyuki is because of said Leylines). The explosives were set to blow up and create a tremor at a specific time which would destroy the Grail system and thus end the wars. Too bad for Kiri the 5th war started before his plans was set in motion.

Jul 6, 2012 11:03 AM

Aug 2009
Leon-Gun said:
NNick said:
In the end Kiritsugu messed up thinking destroying the Physical Grail would make everything peachy. Instead it caused a wildfire that destroyed half of Fuyuki.

The anime forgot to add a detail that happens later on. Kiritsugu formulates a plan to completely destroy the Grail System by setting up explosives in the magic leylines that powered it (remember, the reason the Grail can spawn in 4 specific points of Fuyuki is because of said Leylines). The explosives were set to blow up and create a tremor at a specific time which would destroy the Grail system and thus end the wars. Too bad for Kiri the 5th war started before his plans was set in motion.

Wouldnt the grail bring destruction anyway?And if it really needs a wish for that Gilgamesh was still there if the grail wanted a new owner he would fill the spot.The grail could use him.Who knows?Maybe Gil would wish for Kirei's revival for his own entertainment....

Forgot to add that scene or was it cut?

BloodRequiem said:
NNick said:

Kind of... If he hesitated a bit more to destroy the grail then we will have a nice family reunion scene where
is sent to kick Kiritsugu's ass.

I would like to see that
ssjokgJul 6, 2012 4:05 PM
Jul 6, 2012 12:28 PM
Dec 2007
Actually, there's a way to "stop" the manifestation of the Grail but you can't destroy the "vessel", you destroy the portal like "black sun" that appears before it manifests it's power. You can refer to Fate and Unlimited Blade Works. Kiritsugu's method backfired because he destroyed the vessel per-se and not the manifestation of power. That's why when it breaks the "black sun" blots the sky and the power that spilled from it burned all it touched.

Jul 6, 2012 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
Leon-Gun said:
Actually, there's a way to "stop" the manifestation of the Grail but you can't destroy the "vessel", you destroy the portal like "black sun" that appears before it manifests it's power. You can refer to Fate and Unlimited Blade Works. Kiritsugu's method backfired because he destroyed the vessel per-se and not the manifestation of power. That's why when it breaks the "black sun" blots the sky and the power that spilled from it burned all it touched.

Since we are talking about the right target, there was no way for anyone in the 4th war except probably Zouken to know what to destroy.
ssjokgJul 6, 2012 4:05 PM
Jul 6, 2012 3:02 PM
Nov 2011
10/10
Jul 6, 2012 3:33 PM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
Leon-Gun said:

Since we are talking abut the right target,l there was no way for anyone in the 4th war except probably Zouken to know what to destroy.
Good point, Kiritsugu noticed, but only AFTER he had made the mistake. And I think Kirei had a bit of an idea too since he noticed the Grail's will to be born. But neither of them would have moved a finger to stop it since they wanted it to happen.

Jul 6, 2012 4:05 PM

Aug 2009
Leon-Gun said:
. But neither of them would have moved a finger to stop it since they wanted it to happen.

You mean Zouken and Kirei right?sorry I am half asleep right now
Jul 6, 2012 4:46 PM
Dec 2007
ssjokg said:
Leon-Gun said:
. But neither of them would have moved a finger to stop it since they wanted it to happen.

You mean Zouken and Kirei right?sorry I am half asleep right now
Yeah, reading what I said again it did kind of sound misleading as if I was implying Kiritsugu wouldn't have done something. Yeah, I meant Zouken and Kirei. Kiritsugu would have done something different if he had known, but yeah, the whole thing is meant to be the moment his soul is broken.

Jul 7, 2012 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
Shirou basically lucked out by letting Saber hit the hole instead of Ilya.
Jul 7, 2012 11:26 AM
Dec 2007
BloodRequiem said:
Shirou basically lucked out by letting Saber hit the hole instead of Ilya.
Not like he had killed Ilya anyway, and Shirou told Rin not to kill Shinji. SO meh.

Jul 7, 2012 4:35 PM

Sep 2010
Interesting, but the ending didn't leave an impact on me so it knocked down my score by one point so 8/10 for this half.

Now time to watch Fate/Stay Night I held off on it since its the sequel.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 7, 2012 6:14 PM

Feb 2009
Having Gilgamesh casually chat with Kirei while fully nude was really funny.
Overall, great show. 9/10

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jul 8, 2012 2:28 PM

Mar 2010
Well I finished watching, but I'm missing some things:

1. what happened with Sakura, she changed in Fate Stay Night into normal girl after all that things with worms?

2. Shinji in Fate Stay Night is Sakura's older brother, so why Zōken got her if he had kid with magical potential?

also at MAL I can read

Jul 8, 2012 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
aphesia said:
Well I finished watching, but I'm missing some things:

1. what happened with Sakura, she changed in Fate Stay Night into normal girl after all that things with worms?

2. Shinji in Fate Stay Night is Sakura's older brother, so why Zōken got her if he had kid with magical potential?

also at MAL I can read

1.She isnt normal.She just seems that way in Fate and UBW routes.Her future is unknown at these routes.Heaven's Feel is her route.Where big shit happens.

2.Shinji had no magical potenial like his father(The guy Kiritsugu had pinned down when he was looking for Iri).Shirou is more of a magus than Shinji.

He rapes and puts poison inher meals after Zero and that continues on FSN
If I remember correctly he also had sex with Rider

Sakura is the main reason that many fans of FSN recommend that someone has to play the VN before FZ to truly enjoy the twists of Heaven's Feel
Sakura in HF:
ssjokgJul 8, 2012 11:33 PM
Jul 8, 2012 6:15 PM
Dec 2010
Before watching the last 4 episodes I thought that this anime had lost his charm after Kiritsugo untouching story and since I liked the first season I decided to give this 7 or 8 if I was very kind but after I watched the last 4 eps. OMG!!! I decided to give it 9 because I don't know how much my body shivered while watching them and how much I enjoyed the last 2 eps. especially the NAKED GIL-CHWAN Kyaaaaaaaa!!!! My heart still hurts me until now !!!!
Jul 9, 2012 3:36 AM
Feb 2012
Hopefully They Remake Fate/Stay Night, I Tried Watching It, It's So Bad, I Mean, I Knew It Was Bud, But, That's Just Ridiculous.
Jul 9, 2012 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
NNick said:
Hopefully They Remake Fate/Stay Night, I Tried Watching It, It's So Bad, I Mean, I Knew It Was Bud, But, That's Just Ridiculous.

Then play the VN like what everyone is saying.
Jul 9, 2012 10:20 AM

Oct 2011
BloodRequiem said:
NNick said:

I wonder why everyone recommend to play the VN .. is it different compared to the anime ? . I think people hate FST anime because of shirou and Saber ridiculous character .. , also the fucking relation between them ... furthermore, people dont like Gil character in FST unlike fate zero , also the scenario of the anime is so boring " food ; school ,training ..." ,add to that they didnt respect Kerei at all ; so why he should to play the VN if this ridiculous things exist in the VN too
Jul 9, 2012 10:41 AM

Aug 2009
loub31 said:
BloodRequiem said:
NNick said:

I wonder why everyone recommend to play the VN .. is it different compared to the anime ? . I think people hate FST anime because of shirou and Saber ridiculous character .. , also the fucking relation between them ... furthermore, people dont like Gil character in FST unlike fate zero , also the scenario of the anime is so boring " food ; school ,training ..." ,add to that they didnt respect Kerei at all ; so why he should to play the VN if this ridiculous things exist in the VN too

The story of Fate route isnt THAT different form the FSN anime.
There are a lot of reasons to hate the anime.Everyone has their own.Others hate Shirou,others hate Saber,others hate both.others hate dragons or latex Sakura.
All of the characters(maybe except GARcher)had their personalities destroyed.
And note that most of the hate comes from FSN fanboys.
Basically,in FSN Gil is hated by Ilya fans(like me).Just that.And he is less serious than in Zero but there is a reason for that.
Yes it has too many kitchen scenes.It's just that instead of all the characters/masters being in different locations,like FZ, most of them(in other words all the females) gather at Shirou's house,it's a harem anime/VN afterall.
Depends on what you mean respect.Kirei is fine as the you-know-from-the-start-who-the-bad-guy-is type of character(even without having read/watched FZ) and Heaven's Feel Kirei makes up for both UBW and Fate...

UBW and HF are the reasons to read the VN,if you have watched the FSN anime.
ssjokgJul 9, 2012 11:05 AM
Jul 9, 2012 10:55 AM
Dec 2007
Also, Shirou's reasons for saying sexist statements in the Fate route and such are better explained in the VN. Basically, he actually doesn't really even mean to insult her. He's just grasping at straws trying to stop Saber from throwing her life away because to him, she's human not a spirit. It's the complete opposite of Kiritsugu who treated everyone like expendable tools. So as a last ditch effort of stopping her he'd say things like "girls shouldn't fight, I'll do so" and crap like that which he himself would later regret a little. But guess what, all the reasoning behind said words and such were MONOLOGUES TO HIMSELF. Monologues that the anime DOES NOT ADD because anime tends to destroy any and all internal dialogue (the only recent anime I remember that has constant internal monologues is Haruhi.

So Fate is destroyed by not exploring SHirou's character properly or his reasons for his actions (basically, that he fell in love at first sight with Saber). And the movie is destroyed by not exploring properly the interactions of Shirou, Archer and Rin in favor of just action. And bad action at that.
Leon-GunJul 9, 2012 10:59 AM

Jul 9, 2012 10:59 AM

Jun 2009
loub31 said:
BloodRequiem said:
NNick said:

add to that they didnt respect Kerei at all ; so why he should to play the VN if this ridiculous things exist in the VN too

Personally, the reason why I started to like Kirei as a character is because of the Heaven's Feel route. The route added a surprising amount of depth to him...F/Z just made him even more interesting.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Pages (27) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM

» is it necessary to watch fate stay/night 2006 ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 25

24 by mykuza »»
Feb 26, 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.