Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 22, 2012 5:29 AM

Feb 2012
Oh snap, they make a nice final memory together and now they will be stuck in an endless summer.

Do the auditon one more time, don't screw up this time, become idols and you can stay together that way, question is if they will get sick of the time loop.
Jun 22, 2012 5:59 AM

Oct 2010
Mogami-kun said:
I actually forfeit intelligence and declare that an endless summer is a good end. Therefore Yuka, don't you dare think about finishing your homework!
IMO from the title it will be a MIRACLE they get out of the endless. Hence the title itself.

They will really need great efforts to make this work and ultimately make them free from a rather dangerous journey that if you never finish you are literally stuck in a time labyrinth that will have spinning rounds till you get the stuff right to be freed. That would be the audition and passing it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 22, 2012 6:27 AM

May 2009
This series that started out as almost nothing special, has really struck a cord with me. This show totally grows, and the more you think of it the more you realise there is NO other show that shows school kids and slice of life so differently!

It's a little funny though that they keep meeting the cousins of that wishing rock just about everywhere. :))))
Then again, it's interesting to see the subtle drama that follows. Looks like they're gonna make use of their new special time, but yeah, the end must, ultimately, come. Just like the last episode. Maybe they'll realise that they do need to move on despite how hard it can be. But hey, that's life.

:)
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jun 22, 2012 8:17 AM

May 2012
I'm hoping for an idol end!

I know it probably maybe wont' happen, but that would be the best possible end for this! I don't want Natsumi to be sad, plus they definitely have the talent and skill to be idols, so it would only make sense! Though, they might have to become idols later on or something...

I dunno, but I just want a 'Best End'!

Please, make it happen!

I've been rooting for them to actually become idols from the beginning! Plus, that would make the wish they made when they were so young actually come true, and would actually make every wish that was made thereafter just part of a huge and elaborate plan to fulfill one wish.
Jun 22, 2012 8:19 AM

Nov 2010
Endless summer, glad it's going to be shorter than endless eight
The idol audition was portrayed in a nice way
Jun 22, 2012 10:16 AM

Jun 2009
It seems like it'll be endlless for 1 episode, they look like they'll have last bit of fun before Saki has to leave, then in last episode a MIRACLE will stop working and we'll most probably see Saki moving.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 22, 2012 10:40 AM

Jul 2008
OrochiPL said:
It seems like it'll be endlless for 1 episode, they look like they'll have last bit of fun before Saki has to leave, then in last episode a MIRACLE will stop working and we'll most probably see Saki moving.

Well to me the next episode look kind of obvious.
I beleive that their wish will be granted for as long as they want but that the point of the situation is that they won't ever be able to move foward as long as they do not accept Saki leaving the town.
The wish will be cancelled the moment they'll accept the situation and will be able to see Saki off with a smile.
Jun 22, 2012 10:58 AM

Oct 2009
Maddo_scientisto said:
OrochiPL said:

Well to me the next episode look kind of obvious.
I beleive that their wish will be granted for as long as they want but that the point of the situation is that they won't ever be able to move foward as long as they do not accept Saki leaving the town.
The wish will be cancelled the moment they'll accept the situation and will be able to see Saki off with a smile.

I totally agree with you.
Jun 22, 2012 12:16 PM

May 2012
The obvious is not always the truth.

They did wish way back when to become idols. So, this really could be a culmination of all of that.
Jun 22, 2012 12:38 PM

Dec 2011
Beautiful.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 22, 2012 1:45 PM

May 2010
poor yuka seeing someone else get their dream crush infront of you would make anyone uneasy

till next week
Jun 22, 2012 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
Yuka's amazing confidence disappeared as snow under the sun really quick. At first she was the most passionate about all this, but later on she proved to be the most fragile too. I was kinda expecting her to be the one making a mistake during their audition.

Endless eight; Natsuiro Kiseki edition. They all wished for their summer vacation not to end and now the day of the audition will repeat itself! Like Groundhog day!

Jun 22, 2012 3:18 PM

Oct 2011
Really... another Endless Eight :P well at least it's not abomination like one in Haruhi (and it seems that it will happen only once, or till they pass that audition)

but I started to like this series - ok it happened few episodes ago but I like this ending
plus bit more about Yuko, she is still irritating but also very likable character :)
Jun 22, 2012 3:29 PM

Jun 2008
Damn, tense episode. Definitely looking forward to the finale. This has been one of my favorites all season and it never slowed down.
Jun 22, 2012 4:02 PM

Oct 2007
Now I need to go to Japan to find one of those Big Rock's cousin and wish that this show will never end.

The more I watch the more I fall in love.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 22, 2012 4:17 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Natsumi getting sick late in the day - I wonder what's up with that?
Jun 22, 2012 7:08 PM

Apr 2009
Siva said:
Now I need to go to Japan to find one of those Big Rock's cousin and wish that this show will never end.

this.. but we may not even be able to do so because i think it's the girls themselves who have the power to wish from any oversized rock so long as they're together or it involves their friendship.. convenient story maker for the production staff, i'd say.. but it is so endearing to watch nonetheless.. haha.. i knew investing on this original anime show is worth it..
Jun 22, 2012 8:04 PM

Jun 2008
Siva said:

Wasn't it the original rock this time? It just granted the wish without them being near it. They definitely weren't next to any big rocks with the ropes and stuff hanging around them.
Jun 22, 2012 8:53 PM
Jul 2009
Redfoxoffire said:
Wasn't it the original rock this time? It just granted the wish without them being near it. They definitely weren't next to any big rocks with the ropes and stuff hanging around them.

After the audition they were talking outside a shrine and there was a rock there. That was the rock that granted their wish this time.
Jun 22, 2012 9:10 PM

Jun 2008
1idd0kun said:
Redfoxoffire said:

After the audition they were talking outside a shrine and there was a rock there. That was the rock that granted their wish this time.

Oh.

Okay.
Jun 22, 2012 11:41 PM

Jul 2008
I am starting to doubt the magic of the rock, since like three or so rocks have granted them wishes at this point. I think they just have powers idk.

Anyway, I guess I hope Yuka doesn't screw up this time and they become idols and have a fun summer and such.
Jun 23, 2012 12:10 AM

Dec 2011
You have to wonder how long before these magic rocks will stop working. The end of summer, I expect...which is just about to come to an end. Well, eventually.

More impressions (and lots of pretty screenshots) located here: http://randomc.net/2012/06/23/natsuiro-kiseki-11/. Enjoy!
Stilts
Writer
http://randomc.net/
Jun 23, 2012 2:16 AM

Jan 2011
damn guess everyone had my same thoughts while watching this too lol Lets go endless Eight! then they will grow tired of each other to the point in which their okay with saki leaving :3
Jun 23, 2012 6:24 AM

Jul 2011
I just hope that in the end they will not separate
Jun 23, 2012 9:37 AM

Mar 2010
Oh my god that was so unexpected. I loved this episode a lot, despite them failing the audition. They are really close friends and watching them just makes me happy. Seeing them consoling Yuka and then when Natsumi got sick, just seeing them together is a happy feeling.

Kinda sad that it will end.. ;_;
Jun 23, 2012 9:38 AM

Jul 2011
oh god, this ep sure had a sad feel to it, i'm really looking forward how things will turn out in the last ep.
Jun 23, 2012 11:55 AM

Mar 2008
Oh snap, Endless summer. Either they'll wrap it all up in the final episode, or we'll get more. I'm hoping for more.
Jun 23, 2012 1:41 PM

Jul 2009
I think they just went back in time a day and going to do the audition again and nail it. Then they become idols and happily ever after.
Jun 23, 2012 8:23 PM

Oct 2011
Endless summer ending go!
Nah they're just gonna end it with Saki leaving after they realize they can't keep having this never ending summer and that they need to move on.
Jun 23, 2012 8:39 PM

May 2011
Another nice episode. They didn't pass the auditions, but at least they still gave it some heart. :)
Can't wait to see how this ends, they set up for the next episode really nicely.

Maddo_scientisto said:
Elite60 said:
First Haiyore! Nyaruko-san and now Natsuiro Kiseki borrowing from Haruhi. lol

Oh please, don't act like Haruhi was even close of creating the concept and idea behind endless eight.
I'm started to get annoyed at these kind of comparaison.
That's as stupid as saying that Steins;Gate borrowed from Madoka... you know there's time travel in both.

Agreed, these comparisons can get a little "eh" at times. >.<
-Kenshin-Jun 23, 2012 8:43 PM
Jun 24, 2012 1:06 AM

Apr 2009
"Endless Summer, go!"

A time loop. This time, a different kind of time manipulation effect granted for a wish, unlike the one last episode. I wonder if this show will end in a manner expected by most people.

I cringed when Yuka slipped during the audition. I already had the strong feeling it was going to happen when she bumped into that girl, but waiting for that actual moment was terrible. Tense episode, indeed.
Jun 24, 2012 7:17 AM

Apr 2008
Nice ep.
But, why didn't the other girls help Yuka when she fell?
Bet the audition guys would have liked that more.

Jun 24, 2012 10:55 AM

Aug 2011
Suzumiya Haruhi...
Jun 24, 2012 5:36 PM

Jul 2008
Des said:
Nice ep.
But, why didn't the other girls help Yuka when she fell?
Bet the audition guys would have liked that more.

Well in most auditions if you make a mistake you are supposed to keep going and act like it didn't happen. It probably would have looked better for Yuka to stand up and brush it off instead of everyone stopping the routine.
Jun 24, 2012 7:10 PM

Aug 2011
Damn, repeating the audition is pretty daunting for those who managed without a hitch because they could screw up this time. Of course, for Yuka it gives her another chance to correct her mistakes.

So there's a third magical rock around, how convenient.
Jun 25, 2012 12:38 AM

Jul 2008
Dako said:
Damn, repeating the audition is pretty daunting for those who managed without a hitch because they could screw up this time. Of course, for Yuka it gives her another chance to correct her mistakes.

So there's a third magical rock around, how convenient.

I am pretty sure only the four girls are aware of the time repeat. Everything will probably happen exactly the same for all the other girls.
Jun 28, 2012 11:26 AM

May 2011
Aww those scenes at the end were pretty sad, these four are just so close to each other and seeing them talk about Saki's moving away is just :(. Sucks there's just one episode left and chances are Saki is going to end up moving away unless another miracle happens. But for now they're in an endless loop, hmm this is going to be interesting.

It was hard to watch the audition seeing how Yuka was feeling and knowing that something bad was going to happen in the middle of their dance. Lol Rin was practicing smiling.
Jun 28, 2012 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:

Oh please, don't act like Haruhi was even close of creating the concept and idea behind endless eight.
I'm started to get annoyed at these kind of comparaison.
That's as stupid as saying that Steins;Gate borrowed from Madoka... you know there's time travel in both.

wilcruz2 said:
^^^Also, this.

kenshin_sama said:

Agreed, these comparisons can get a little "eh" at times. >.<

I was only making the comparison to Haruhi because that's the main series that popped into my mind. Most folks (didn't say all, most) refer the "Endless Eight" series to Haruhi. I never said Haruhi was the creator of the "Endless" series, that's just putting words into my mouth.
Elite60Jun 28, 2012 4:18 PM
Jun 29, 2012 6:40 PM

Jul 2010
Endless Eight, done right! :P I love the way this show was done!

Mogami-kun said:
Expecting a Groundhog Day-like episode and a tear jerking finale. Bring on The Disappearance of Mizukoshi Saki! 4/5.

Love it! That is a movie they should do! (With the girls getting their next an audition chance and heading off to high school together in Tokyo!)
Jul 2, 2012 2:31 PM
Mar 2010
Jul 6, 2012 1:55 AM

Jan 2011
Only one more episode to go, this episode was really good.
But next episode might be very, very lame... I hope it's not.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 5, 2015 2:18 PM

Dec 2012
I'm surprised they're following through on the idol dream. All of this talk of Four Seasons made me think that it was just a childhood back story. I do like how it showed us the audition which also helped to enhance just how well these four girls know each other.

As for the wish, my guess is that the rock is going to let them retry the audition again and again until they get it right and pass. By becoming idols, they would stick together and in that sense their summer, the precious time they spend together, wouldn't come to an end.
Jun 29, 2015 12:31 PM

Aug 2013
Not endless eight at all :) they remember everything ;)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 21, 2020 3:08 AM

Aug 2018
Man i dont want to finish this anime
Gonna miss them so much : (
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 16, 2022 12:02 AM

Jan 2020
Once again, this entire operation was Yuka's idea and she's the one who ends up being shook. She continues to be a rather annoying character. And then she went on to complain about copying homework. Not even doing the homework herself, but copying it verbatim; sheesh.

Welp, time is almost certainly about to reverse or standstill after that pseudo wish. Already addressed at the end of the episode. Here we go again: Do they have to keep redoing the audition until they pass?

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 12, 2022 2:59 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty good episode even though I am NOT interested in idols. Yuka continues to be best girl. Not really saying much considering the others lack much charm or personality.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsuiro Kiseki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Apr 26, 2012

69 by SirImbalot »»
Feb 16, 1:46 PM

Poll: » Natsuiro Kiseki Episode 6 Discussion

tsubasalover - May 10, 2012

45 by Assassin2112 »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:26 PM

» I'm from 2023

Ghefira - Aug 8, 2023

1 by Frost782 »»
Aug 8, 2023 2:20 AM

Poll: » Natsuiro Kiseki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 28, 2012

76 by Destroyer31 »»
Jan 12, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Natsuiro Kiseki Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

49 by commonxreaction »»
Nov 15, 2022 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.