Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2012 11:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Bromance and tough love, epic episode.

Btw, Hanako is a.....

Some pictures:

Next time for the final episode.
Stark700Jun 18, 2012 1:58 PM
Jun 18, 2012 12:15 PM

Nov 2011
I can't help but laugh at the sheer number of times Jin has been stabbed in the chest up to this point XD.

Hooray for Kouga coming to the rescue of his boyfriend Jin! :D

Haitani is so manipulative and kinda hot :P. Also wow, his transformation :O.

Wait what...Hanako is also a player?! o_O WTF?!!! Talk about a cheeseball of a twist.

Yes, I know the headaches might have been a clue (I was hoping that was just a red herring), but I still think it's a bit of a naff twist.

Haitani's line to Hanako "Tanaka-kun, you've put on some weight" was hilarious though LOLOLOL XD.

So the finale will be the epic showdown between Haitani and Red Zetman. Awesomesauce :).
jenanimeJun 18, 2012 1:31 PM
Jun 18, 2012 1:02 PM

Mar 2011
It was filler ep but who care this show was dead at the begining.
Jun 18, 2012 1:45 PM

Oct 2010
Icebreaker93 said:

Yeah it was a filler i cant even really comment of how bad this shit was.
Jun 18, 2012 2:17 PM

May 2010
i really wonder what the fuck were they thinking when they made this anime.
first ep looked promising but the further the anime progressed the worse it got.

2/5 5/10. and we all know they will fuck up the ending cause nothing they do can save it anymore.
KerozinnJun 18, 2012 2:38 PM
Jun 18, 2012 2:30 PM

Jul 2010
Kouga killing his father and nearly taking out his mother in the process. Yeah, I think he lost his marbles there at that moment. Then finding out Hanako a Player...
Jun 18, 2012 2:42 PM

Jan 2012
LOL never thought that she would be a player too '-'
If she doesn't come back to her human form i'm gonna be realy pissed off

btw, does the same thing happens on the manga or the plot is totally different?I was thinking on read it, but is it exactly like this but with more pages?
Jun 18, 2012 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
So they did have a reason for developing the relationship between Jin and Hanako. Too bad they did such a poor job at it. Past the initial surprise factor, Hanako changing into a player had about as much impact as one of the onlookers undergoing the regression. Still, the story/character development were not completely horrible, despite how incompetently they were done. I'm still interested to see how it ends, or doesn't.
Jun 18, 2012 3:30 PM

May 2011
Damn, I knew Hanako was a player after all!

Looks like Jin and Haitani have battle next week.
Jun 18, 2012 3:39 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was awesome. I couldn't help but hope Hanako wasn't a player when she got that headache. Hitani doesn't look that tough...Jin could beat him in ten seconds...well that certainly wouldn't happen though.
Jun 18, 2012 4:13 PM

Dec 2011
Holy shit. Everything is going crazy.
And dammit, why is Hanako a Player?
This will surely put a massive psychological damage to Jin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2012 4:59 PM

Nov 2007
wtf did they do to Hanako? freaking stupid. I hope it's not like that in the manga since this has seemed to steer so off course.

Maybe Kouga's father deserved it but dude killed his father and almost his mother? Harsh...

This has turned into a train wreck.
Jun 18, 2012 5:47 PM

Apr 2012
bonifide said:
Icebreaker93 said:

Wait, so none of this is even canon? Guess I'm going to have to read the manga to get the real experience...
Jun 18, 2012 5:53 PM

Jul 2011
And with this a serious shark jump has been done.
Like what everyone said, Hanako´s revelation was unexpected, but completely stupid for a goddamn number of reasons. What was the point to begin with, Haitani? In order to make Jin rebel against humanity? Yeah, as if he´d never consider beating the crap out of you!!
And don´t get me started with how facepalmic Kouga was in this episode -.-
Jun 18, 2012 7:34 PM

Nov 2010
EnvyMyApex said:
bonifide said:
Icebreaker93 said:

Wait, so none of this is even canon? Guess I'm going to have to read the manga to get the real experience...

It started going uncanon in the last ep, but parts were still correct (plus the Kouga Party was supposed to happen before the fight with the brothers)

But this ep is mostly BS.
Jun 18, 2012 11:45 PM

Oct 2011
I'm really happy that this anime is ending. Can't find anything that would catch my interest.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2012 11:55 PM

Feb 2012
Loved this ep, love this series. I'll probably think less of it after I read the manga, but honestly, I love it as someone who has never read it. Everyone's dying, Hanako was a player, Haitani set the whole thing up, it's just awesome. But everyone says that the manga is better, so I'lll have to check it out. Either way, there really should be more of this - it's a shame it's going to end like this, but I can't see the ending dropping my score for this anime any lower than an 8.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jun 19, 2012 12:29 AM

Jan 2012
Hanako is a player :O Now that was unexpected. Also a shame, I liked their couple. Looking forward to next episode.

Jun 19, 2012 12:34 AM

Sep 2008
Let me make a quote, out of a song, also taken out of context, but who cares: "...what God could make it stop, let this end...".

That's how I feel about this show now. And I really liked first few episodes. Oh well, only 1 more remaining.
Jun 19, 2012 1:36 AM

Feb 2008
Man, this episode was painful to watch. Can't even begin to describe the amount of shit they dumped into this episode. I was facepalming during the whole Hanako scene (although in the manga it is hinted that she's not normal, since she keeps getting those headaches every time a player is nearby).
Keeping my 6 for now, but may lower to a 5 or 4 depending on how bad the finale will be.
Jun 19, 2012 2:34 AM

Mar 2008
I found myself facepalming so many times in this episode. Kouga shooting his parents and making those typical insane rage faces, Jin spending 3/4 of the episode on the floor, that cop bringing Konoha into the buillding, the whole thing with Hanako. Kouga's warped sense of justice. Haitani expecting Jin to be on his side after all that he's done. Too much fail.
Jun 19, 2012 4:40 AM

Apr 2009
Juggernaut6 said:
I found myself facepalming so many times in this episode. Kouga shooting his parents and making those typical insane rage faces, Jin spending 3/4 of the episode on the floor, that cop bringing Konoha into the buillding, the whole thing with Hanako. Kouga's warped sense of justice. Haitani expecting Jin to be on his side after all that he's done. Too much fail.

This, it's unreal how much bs they managed to fit into this episode.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 19, 2012 4:57 AM

Jan 2012
This anime is weird and creepy i still can't believe that hanako is a player!!
next week last episode .

Jun 19, 2012 5:06 AM

Feb 2012
Putting the fact aside that Zetman has been butchered with the previous episode, holy shit, what the hell happened, I don't know if it's awesome or just garbage.

EnvyMyApex said:
The scanlations are behind the raws, so it could be possible that Hanako is really a player, the stake for example exists and Kouga would indeed kill everyone he considers evil but don't assume that all the events and the order of those are 1:1

K3NJ1 said:
btw, does the same thing happens on the manga or the plot is totally different?I was thinking on read it, but is it exactly like this but with more pages?
They skipped a LOT and changed stuff, the manga is a totally different experience and it's worth it, so check it out.
Jun 19, 2012 6:05 AM

Jun 2011
Seem like there's a dichotomy between those who have and those who haven't read the manga.

The former absolutely can't stand this anime, whilst the latter actually pretty like it. I'm part of the latter XD. My perception of this anime probably will go down once i finally get around to reading the manga though :L.

5/5

I actually didn't expect Hanako to be a player tho. Special yes, but player, no. ._.
Jun 19, 2012 6:43 AM

May 2008
I totally felt like Kouga was crazy when he shot his mother and didnt say anything about it lol.Also this episode felt rushed . it could probably extend to another episode.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 19, 2012 8:07 AM
Jun 2008
Seems like Hanako become fatter this episode.
Jun 19, 2012 8:07 AM
Jan 2011
ownosourus said:
Hanako is a player :O Now that was unexpected. Also a shame, I liked their couple. Looking forward to next episode.

Is it possible that Hanako didn't become a player until she got abducted in ep.11?
Jun 19, 2012 9:46 AM

Apr 2010
I've lost my interest in characters, this episode was bland. I'm going to read the manga after I finish this anime. It's sad because I've enjoyed the first part of the story.
Jun 19, 2012 9:55 AM

Jun 2009
It's good that just one episode left, without Hanako there's no reason to watch this anymore. ;___;

Also Kouga this week was so damn derp.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 19, 2012 10:39 AM

Oct 2011
The character development is kind of poor, you're surprised that Hanako is a player, but you don't give a damn about the character itself, that's how I feel now. I guess they tried their best for a 13-episode anime, wish the anime had more episodes (26) so they could've done it well. I'm gonna start reading the manga after finishing the anime as well. Also, they're gonna release the first soundtrack CD for Zetman on 22nd June, followed by CD 2 (Sep 28 ) and CD 3 (Nov 23 ).
Jun 19, 2012 11:28 AM
Feb 2012
Great episode. I honestly loved it.

The battles, Kouga who's slowly going crazy, Zetman's final form and the exposure of all the Players present. Truth be told, it hit me the most that Hanako was the notorious Sand Monster. Quite ironic if you think about it -- the one girl who's become family for Jin is one of his 'targets'; his enemy basically. What follows is a moral conflict in Jin's mind and more importantly, heart. What will he do? How will he end this madness without losing someone precious to him? I'm looking forward to see the end of this anime. 5/5

Usually I just skip most of the other comments but it looks like the general attitude towards Zetman's anime adaption is a bad one. That makes me think about the manga and how much better it has to be to trigger such a feisty reaction... might have to check it out after all.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 19, 2012 11:38 AM

Feb 2012
Le me fucking seriously hanako is a players WTF? Poor konoha and Kouga madness hell yeah! Such a fucking emotionally eps.
AmbleJun 19, 2012 11:43 AM
Jun 19, 2012 12:00 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
I'm kinda surprised there's so much hate for this anime. I mean, it's not the best but it's quite enjoyable and the action is pretty good.

The whole Hanako is a player thing caught me off guard lol. I felt Kouga was awesome for once too.
Jun 19, 2012 12:41 PM

Feb 2010
I've liked Kouga sorta the last 2 eps...

The Hanako thing was a little surprising... and really pisses me off.

3/5. meh.
Jun 19, 2012 2:40 PM

Apr 2012
Well this show just went from horrible with some unintentional laughs to complete hilarity. Everything about this episode was so bad it was funny. I think the only way this thing could end would be for Jin to have sex with monster Hanako to prove that he didn't want her just for her looks.
Jun 19, 2012 2:46 PM

Dec 2011
Since they didn't adapt the manga anyway, I think they might as well wrap it up nicely. It's unfortunate it took its time to become more interesting, but whatever, the last couple of episodes were highly enjoyable.
Jun 19, 2012 3:09 PM

Jan 2011
onedaysnotice said:
Seem like there's a dichotomy between those who have and those who haven't read the manga.

The former absolutely can't stand this anime, whilst the latter actually pretty like it.

Well, actually... no. You don't even need to have read the manga to realise this is as awful an adaptation as an adaptation can get... Sometimes, an adaptation is so bad that is just shows. Like in this one. Or Tsukihime. With the difference that even Tsingetsutan Tsukihime was a masterpiece compaired to this hellspawn...
I know I haven't read the manga - and probably won't anyway because some parts are so bad that I doubt even the manga has gotten them right - but hell, just look at the pacing and the cohesion of the story...
First few episodes, the pacing... well, there was none. But at least they were ok for introduction. Then the begining of the main plot was somewhat ok, but it all went downhill from the moment they introduced Alphas. They made him Batman, but the juvenile version of Batman. I mean come on, he is complaining that his nano-suit doesn't have a CAPE!!! A CAPE of all things!!! How exactly am I supposed to take the series seriously when the main character has the mentality of a 5 year old???
And then it kept going down. Hanako was a good character to get Jin to eventually come in terms with his human side and a normal lifestyle. There was a genuine chance to expand his character that way, but then BAM! Nah bro, she is a player, and we intentionally made her come in touch with you so that... what again???
And, above all else, Heitani is telling him with a straight face that Hanako's love was not real. And Jin is trying to deny that with anguish in his voice. And they go on about it, WHILE ANYONE WITH AN IQ ABOVE 0.2 CAN TELL THAT RIGHT NEXT TO THEM, HANAKO IS MAKING A GENUINELY HONEST "NOOOOOO!!! I REALLY LOVE YOU!!!" KIND OF CRYING.

Ffs, how hard is it to make an adaptation that is at least average???
Jun 19, 2012 3:17 PM

May 2010
Like i said from the very begging Kouga has gone mad with his self righteous justice becoming his what he fear the most shooting his own mom and dad, cant be a hero without self discipline.

jin chose the wrong girl and damn she a brick da na uh house might might letting it all hang out haha
Jun 19, 2012 3:51 PM

Jun 2012
this episode was stupid. why did hanako have to become a player? (and a really fat ugly looking one at that)

And what was up with Jin's final transformation? he just became red like he did before, but before they said that he was still incomplete when he was red. So wtf?

Also, I don't see the big deal with kouga shooting his dad. The guy was an asshole who deserved to die, why does everyone gotta hate on kouga for it? Yeah, I guess his mom got shot too but that was her fault for jumping in the middle of it like a retard.

And what was up with konoha? annoying little B****. "Oh, everyone's getting killed, I should go there." no, you sit the f*** down and wait until its over and is safe. I thought auntie was told by jin to keep her inside? And why does the officer just let her in like that, she has nothing do with it! she would've been safer outside.

So again, as I said, this episode was stupid. -_-
Never go full retard
Jun 19, 2012 5:12 PM

Apr 2008
5HAD0WFREAK said:
this episode was stupid. why did hanako have to become a player? (and a really fat ugly looking one at that)

And what was up with Jin's final transformation? he just became red like he did before, but before they said that he was still incomplete when he was red. So wtf?

Also, I don't see the big deal with kouga shooting his dad. The guy was an asshole who deserved to die, why does everyone gotta hate on kouga for it? Yeah, I guess his mom got shot too but that was her fault for jumping in the middle of it like a retard.

And what was up with konoha? annoying little B****. "Oh, everyone's getting killed, I should go there." no, you sit the f*** down and wait until its over and is safe. I thought auntie was told by jin to keep her inside? And why does the officer just let her in like that, she has nothing do with it! she would've been safer outside.

So again, as I said, this episode was stupid. -_-

I dropped the anime, but the anime is HS. It just does not even like that in the manga. Hanako is not a player in the manga. For images I've seen, the evolution of Zet does not follow the step as in the manga.

What do you think, most fan of the manga it is said that the anime will be a disaster.

Those who want a season 2, too bad for you, but you will not. So you just read manga now.
Jun 19, 2012 6:19 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Bad fanfic is bad.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 19, 2012 8:13 PM

Feb 2012
This show has so many inconsistencies....Common sense does not exist in world Zetman.
Jun 19, 2012 9:23 PM

Oct 2011
i was driking tea......kouga's mom got shot...i was shocked ..i spit the tea out....AGAIN!!!! this show is dangerous to be drinking/eating while watching!!!!! This was the third time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avato-chanJun 19, 2012 9:55 PM
Jun 19, 2012 9:26 PM

Jun 2009
Wow...that was bad. Very, very bad.
Jun 19, 2012 11:18 PM

Jul 2010
Kouga was awesome this episode, but his sister is so fucking stupid. Damn Jin is in a fucked up situation. Hopefully he can save Hanako, but I doubt they'll let that happen. I'm going straight to the manga, when this is over.
Jun 20, 2012 12:23 AM

Mar 2009
This is just ridiculous now.
Jun 20, 2012 7:30 AM

Apr 2009
Oh crap she's a Player, the the big and ugly sand monster to be exact. Everybody runaway!!!

One last episode so we can all end the pain of watching this...
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 20, 2012 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
This anime started out cool but now... I quite don't know what to think of it. Probably will read manga considering that I like the context and the universe.
It lacks something but can't grasp what it is that this show is missing.
Jun 20, 2012 10:07 AM
Apr 2012
They really mess this up. First Jin doesn't become red Zet even when he gets the spike. I don't know why they showed red Ret in the previous eps. He become a more stable white Zet. And no Hanako is not a player. What that makes her parents then? Are they actually players as well? They probably not going to explain this if they are not players and it will be major plot hole since all players are created. Also Hanako really loves Jin. While on a Christmas Eve date with Jin, the Sweeper attacked Jin, causing him to transform in front of her, leaving her terrified. Because he blacked out, Jin believes that either the Sweeper killed her, or he did it himself. It is revealed that after the attack on Jin, she was kidnapped by Seiji and kept as a hostage in the attack on Amagi Corp.. During a conversation with Seiji, she reveals that she still loves Jin, even if he is Zet. So yeah Jin chose the right girl no matter what the haters say. Especially after she was beaten half to death and about to be killed by the player holding her hostage.

Kouga they also messed up. The party arc suppose to come way before he ever got Alphas and make him have a better understanding of his justice than more chaotic justice thinking.

I'm still curious how they are going to end this but I won't get my hopes up. Like eveybody else said alll these problems might have been solved if they had more episodes.
ssj4jwJun 21, 2012 1:46 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Zetman is very underrated !!!

iamKetranLang - Feb 11, 2018

7 by LenRea »»
Mar 20, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 2, 2012

195 by Traotora »»
May 3, 2023 9:33 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jenanime - Apr 23, 2012

60 by Eyth »»
Apr 28, 2023 7:56 AM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2012

137 by removed-user »»
Jan 31, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Zetman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 4, 2012

53 by Abdf »»
Mar 11, 2022 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.