MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

How to Watch One Piece Without Filler

#1
06-17-12, 8:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 662
How to Watch One Piece Without Filler

Start at 1-53
Skip 54-60
Pick up at 61-97 (Episode 61 NOTE: You'll see the end of the filler arc real quick, so just bear with it or skip till you see them in the storm about to cross the red line. Then while they are going up you'll see main villian of this arc appear but then disappear.)
Skip 98-99
Pick Up at 100
Bear with Episode 101 even though its Filler: (Episode 101 Note: If you skip 101, You'll notice that Ace has disappeared...Please note that Ace never traveled with them through the desert. He left them before they entered. He gave Luffy His Vivre Card WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT for later on) Or you can skip through ¾ of the episode till you see Ace leave.
Skip 102
Pick up at 103-130
Skip 131-143
Pick up at 144-195
Skip 196-206 (G8 Filler Arc NOTE: The Straw Hats landed in the ocean not inside G8 navel base. G8 feels like actual cannon because the writers are very good at working things into the plot. You could watch this and it won't be as eye burning as you might think. But as long as you understand what I said before then you can skip it.)
Pick up at 207-219
Skip 220-224
Pick up at 225-278
Skip 279-283
Pick up at 284-316
Skip 317-319
Pick up at 320-325
Skip 326-335
Pick up 337-381
Skip 382-384
Pick up at 385-425
Skip 426-429 (If you ever want to watch the Strong World movie, watch this beforehand)
Pick up at 430-
Pick up at 430-456
Skip 457-458
Pick up at 459 -491
Skip 492
Pick up at 493-496
Skip at 497-499
Pick up at 500-541
Skip 542
Pick up at 543-574
Skip 575-578 (if you ever want to watch One Piece Film Z, watch this beforehand)
Pick up 579-625
Skip 626-628
Pick up at 629-


The rest of the series is a REAL piece of work. The writers throw in implied filler to drag out the episodes as well as slow pacing. If this bothers you, the manga is very fast paced and not dragged out. I dont know how anyone can watch this anime anymore. Manga is so much better.

You'll notice that One Piece rarely has much filler arcs compared to Bleach where everything is half and half. Most of the filler arcs in OP are tolerable but some <Rainbow Mist/Zenny> are just bad. G8 is by far the best filler arc in OP.

If there is anything i've missed or need to fix please feel free to comment below or PM me.

Thanks and enjoy!
Modified by ariamachi, 09-01-14, 11:21 AM
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
 
#2
06-19-12, 12:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1916
cool, except that fillers are being added recently in all episodes. They remove some scenes and easter eggs and add some fake scenes, nothing serious just like you said.
Now what I want is a "How to watch one piece without nami" because she's such a pain
 
#3
06-19-12, 9:37 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 502
I was having a hard time getting around to watching One Piece because of the fillers (I didn't want to miss anything important so I was trudging through them) and then I found your guide on the Naruto Shippuuden page (which would have helped me out SO much if I wasn't already past most of the fillers) and thought, "Oh! What if he made a guide for One Piece!". And what do you know, here it is :)! This is helping me out a lot, so thanks a ton!
 
#4
06-19-12, 10:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1187
Shaduge said:
Now what I want is a "How to watch one piece without nami" because she's such a pain

Ha ha ha,good luck with that.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
 
#5
08-23-12, 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
dude i just love this list. it keeps me away from the annoying fillers thanks.
but I guess you missed a spot at 326 wich is a filler too, instead you just did it doesn't excist ;P.

Thanks a Lot.
 
#6
08-23-12, 11:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 662
myzelfxRB said:
dude i just love this list. it keeps me away from the annoying fillers thanks.
but I guess you missed a spot at 326 wich is a filler too, instead you just did it doesn't excist ;P.

Thanks a Lot.


Pick up at 320-325
Skip 326-335
Pick up 337-381

Nope didnt miss it. :D its there. Thanks though I double checked!
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
 
#7
08-29-12, 2:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 331
Cool list. Arigatogozaimasu!
 
#8
10-24-12, 10:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 9193
Actually One Piece fillers aren't bad, its bearable and sometimes fun actually, still, thanks for making a list out of it :D
Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 - Best series of the season.
"The heart moves where the heart will." - Twenty Fifth Baam, Tower of God
 
#9
10-24-12, 12:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 5733
Just saying, most of the filler material I've watched so far could very easily be mistaken for legit. The fillers in One Piece are many times actually adventures with heavy character exposition, which goes perfectly with the pacing of the show. They are a little worse in developing tension and cliffhangers but the drop in quality at the storylines and characters is barely noticeable.

For example 131-135 are nice episodes, each one focusing on one character of the crew, but developing little stories around them, well-built. They remind me of the transitional episodes between arcs that explore a little on the daily interactions of the crew. 54-60 is a quite good adventure idea with a great arc character and a quite developed backstory. 136-138 is watchable, and more or less 139-143 is another arc, which had an awful ending but a very great premise. And 98-99 are barely noticeable, as the arc they are inserted at already tends to drag a lot, so a couple more episodes of non-canon material don't really make a difference.
Do you like movies? Are you interested on commenting and discussing them? Check The Cinema Club for some film-related talk.
 
01-04-13, 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 5822
Seems you didn't update this. So i'll finish it for you.

Pick up at 430-456
Skip - 457-458 (Note: these are specials as a prologue to the marinford arc, not necessary to watch but still interesting as it first introduces one of the main admirals in the show)
Pickup up at 459 -491
Skip - 492 (toriko and One piece Crossover, has nothing to do with the OP manga story)
Pick up at 493 - 496
Skip at 497-499
Pick up at 500 - 541
Skip 542- (2nd crossover One piece X toriko)
Pick up at 543 -574
Skip - 575-578 (Note: this is a prequel arc to the movie *One piece Z film witch is also overseen by oda just like strong world)
Pick up 579 -
It is absolutely a sin to be an anime fan and not at least experience "Akira" once in your life time.



 
01-05-13, 7:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1916
there are barely any fillers just like there is barely any content in each episode
 
01-10-13, 10:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 5822
jal90 said:
Just saying, most of the filler material I've watched so far could very easily be mistaken for legit. The fillers in One Piece are many times actually adventures with heavy character exposition, which goes perfectly with the pacing of the show. They are a little worse in developing tension and cliffhangers but the drop in quality at the storylines and characters is barely noticeable.

For example 131-135 are nice episodes, each one focusing on one character of the crew, but developing little stories around them, well-built. They remind me of the transitional episodes between arcs that explore a little on the daily interactions of the crew. 54-60 is a quite good adventure idea with a great arc character and a quite developed backstory. 136-138 is watchable, and more or less 139-143 is another arc, which had an awful ending but a very great premise. And 98-99 are barely noticeable, as the arc they are inserted at already tends to drag a lot, so a couple more episodes of non-canon material don't really make a difference.


I agree, i just watch all series, filler, canon. but thats me. Others hate filler so much and don't want anything to do with it and thats what these guides are for.
It is absolutely a sin to be an anime fan and not at least experience "Akira" once in your life time.



 
01-10-13, 1:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 865
If people want to skip fillers that badly they could just stay with the manga version :< Anyone who loves the series will rather watch fillers than nothing, i guess. Some aren't that bad.
 
01-10-13, 6:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 586
the fillers in one piece are actually quite good for the typical shounen standard. i hate hate hate fillers but id grown so in love with one piece at that point that id rather watch fillers just to prolong the experience. the fillers are true to the characters and funny. g8 is by the far the best -- the one right after skypeia -- so dont skip that one even if you skip all the rest.
 
04-27-13, 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 162
Thank you very much, sir. One Piece is simply too long for me to sit through all of the filler if it doesn't immediately capture my attention. I'm at 134, and to be honest, I'm only even continuing because of the insanely high reviews of the show, and (trustworthy) people say it's their favorite anime later on. I usually watch filler, but, again, this show is outrageously long, and I've got plenty of catching up to do, so I'm gonna start skipping most of the filler. Thanks again.
Anyone who insults the Bleach dubs has no business speaking.
これは読めなければ、英語でブリーチを見なさい。
"If you can't read this, watch Bleach in English!"
 
04-27-13, 2:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 28589
Icy_Auron said:
Thank you very much, sir. One Piece is simply too long for me to sit through all of the filler if it doesn't immediately capture my attention. I'm at 134, and to be honest, I'm only even continuing because of the insanely high reviews of the show, and (trustworthy) people say it's their favorite anime later on. I usually watch filler, but, again, this show is outrageously long, and I've got plenty of catching up to do, so I'm gonna start skipping most of the filler. Thanks again.
There's barely any filler in One Piece, at least 50 episodes less filler than Bleach with over 230 more episodes.

Bleach dubs suck
 
04-27-13, 5:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 340
Surprisily i always watched one piece fillers, they were funny

i just skipped the flashback ones, the repetitive episodes

but yea this is something good that they at least do, unlike naruto that 50% of serie is boring fillers
 
06-12-13, 5:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 352
if i may add a little something, episode 55 is kinda important since thats when they go into the calm belt and that is mentioned a lot in the future, plus it explains the grand line. this list is crazy helpful tho, thanks!!
 
06-15-13, 4:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 751
kinda envy with this, one piece has less filler than naruto... and it's more interesting. i dont mind to watch every one piece filler



 
06-15-13, 6:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 11748
Thanks for this guide you set up. Now I may watch this show without too much episodes.
 
06-15-13, 6:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 204
where were you in 2009 when i watched the whole series in two months?
 
06-28-13, 10:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 352
also 291 is definitely filler
 
07-16-13, 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 162
IntroverTurtle said:
Icy_Auron said:
Thank you very much, sir. One Piece is simply too long for me to sit through all of the filler if it doesn't immediately capture my attention. I'm at 134, and to be honest, I'm only even continuing because of the insanely high reviews of the show, and (trustworthy) people say it's their favorite anime later on. I usually watch filler, but, again, this show is outrageously long, and I've got plenty of catching up to do, so I'm gonna start skipping most of the filler. Thanks again.
There's barely any filler in One Piece, at least 50 episodes less filler than Bleach with over 230 more episodes.

Bleach dubs suck


I watch Bleach as it comes out, so it doesn't benefit me to skip the filler. I'm like 400+ episodes behind on One Piece, so any filler that doesn't capture my attention pretty quickly feels like a waste.
Don't think I didn't see that at the end. :P
Anyone who insults the Bleach dubs has no business speaking.
これは読めなければ、英語でブリーチを見なさい。
"If you can't read this, watch Bleach in English!"
 
09-02-13, 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 178
zansabarshadow said:
How to Watch One Piece Without Filler

Start at 1-53
Skip 54-60
Pick up at 61-97 (Episode 61 NOTE: You'll see the end of the filler arc real quick, so just bear with it or skip till you see them in the storm about to cross the red line. Then while they are going up you'll see main villian of this arc appear but then disappear.)
Skip 98-99
Pick Up at 100
Bear with Episode 101 even though its Filler: (Episode 101 Note: If you skip 101, You'll notice that Ace has disappeared...Please note that Ace never traveled with them through the desert. He left them before they entered. He gave Luffy His Vivre Card WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT for later on) Or you can skip through ¾ of the episode till you see Ace leave.
Skip 102
Pick up at 103-130
Skip 131-143
Pick up at 144-195
Skip 196-206 (G8 Filler Arc NOTE: The Straw Hats landed in the ocean not inside G8 navel base. G8 feels like actual cannon because the writers are very good at working things into the plot. You could watch this and it won't be as eye burning as you might think. But as long as you understand what I said before then you can skip it.)
Pick up at 207-219
Skip 220-224
Pick up at 225-278
Skip 279-283
Pick up at 284-316
Skip 317-319
Pick up at 320-325
Skip 326-335
Pick up 337-381
Skip 382-384
Pick up at 385-425
Skip 426-429 (If you ever want to watch the Strong World movie, watch this beforehand)
Pick up at 430-
Pick up at 430-456
Skip 457-458
Pick up at 459 -491
Skip 492
Pick up at 493-496
Skip at 497-499
Pick up at 500-541
Skip 542
Pick up at 543-574
Skip 575-578 (if you ever want to watch One Piece Film Z, watch the beforehand)
Pick up 579-


The rest of the series is a REAL piece of work. The writers throw in implied filler to drag out the episodes as well as slow pacing. If this bothers you, the manga is very fast paced and not dragged out.

You'll notice that One Piece rarely has much filler arcs compared to Bleach where everything is half and half. Most of the filler arcs in OP are tolerable but some <Rainbow Mist/Zenny> are just bad. G8 is by far the best filler arc in OP.

If there is anything i've missed or need to fix please feel free to comment below or PM me.

Thanks and enjoy!


episode 50 & 51 are also fillers. you forgot to mention
 
09-02-13, 2:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 462
bulk_density said:
episode 50 & 51 are also fillers. you forgot to mention
I think he kept those because at least the Usopp episode is what Oda wanted to add but ccouldn't because of time restraints. The Sanji episode could have been the same.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
 
02-16-14, 11:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 662
Updated. bump
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
 
02-17-14, 12:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1069
Just a tip for you guys.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_Guide keep it bookmarked, it shows all filler, TV specials, movies and all of that stuff.
 
03-29-14, 2:06 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 366
Make sure when you get to New World to switch from the anime to the manga. The anime becomes very unbearable with the slow pacing. I found Fishman Island alright in the anime but since Punk Hazard it's been pretty bad. Remember to make the switch at either the time skip or when they enter New World.


 
04-02-14, 4:04 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 219
I wish they did some filler arcs

say what you want about naruto\bleach but at least the pacing wasn't terrible, and you could just skip them.
 
04-02-14, 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 28589
Tylerr said:
I wish they did some filler arcs

say what you want about narutobleach but at least the pacing wasn't terrible, and you could just skip them.
I'm taking it as you didn't watch them while they were airing or at least for not that long. Having to stop watching six months out of the year randomly is worse than a slower pace.
 
08-27-14, 3:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 1
thanks for this :D
 
09-01-14, 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 662
Tylerr said:
I wish they did some filler arcs

say what you want about narutobleach but at least the pacing wasn't terrible, and you could just skip them.


Just read the manga after Impel Down and your life will be better. I've done that and never looked back.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
 
12-12-14, 1:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 178
Introverturtled said:
bulk_density said:
episode 50 & 51 are also fillers. you forgot to mention
I think he kept those because at least the Usopp episode is what Oda wanted to add but ccouldn't because of time restraints. The Sanji episode could have been the same.


how about episodes 406 & 407??
 
03-27-15, 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
thank you for the list...too late for me as i've seen all of it and i agree that G8 is probably the best filler arc i didn't even know that it was a filler arc...i personally didn't like the goat island, the phoenix pirates and the one with apis...other than these three i enjoyed most of them...unlike naruto or bleach if you do not read the manga sometimes you can't even tell that some of them are fillers plus these don't drag on for like 20 -30 episodes like in bleach and naruto..and are mostly watchable..i also agree that the pacing has slowed down considerably after the timeskip especially since punk hazard but what can you expect when the manga is like only 15-20 chapters ahead but one piece was never a super-fast paced anyway. The makers could have taken a hiatus and come back when the manga is considerably ahead like fairy tail or added unnecessary filler arcs like bleach or naruto. I personally enjoy that they decided to add filler scenes to the main canon story line...it gives us more on what's happening with the other characters......
But this is just my opinion.. Just FYI i do read the manga as well for all of them be it one piece, bleach(currently on its final & best arc so far), naruto(it has ended), fairy tail and many more...
 
Top