Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 18, 2012 7:34 AM
Dec 2011
prismheart said:
This show has gone better than expected. I wonder if the last episode will have Yuuko leave for good. I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a bittersweet ending.

thats what i was thinking since she is now a gohst with no regrets unless she passes to some other form of existance like a demi god or something
Jun 18, 2012 8:36 AM

Aug 2008
that bell just went slip through her hand, i got a bad feeling =.=
... just give them happy end damn it! :(
Jun 18, 2012 8:52 AM
Feb 2012
Good God that was a beautiful episode. Simply wonderful. <3

But since there's one more episode left, there *had* to be some bad omen at the end of this one. And I really hope that it gets a sweet ending. I'd be seriously pissed to see them not end up together some way or another.

I guess in a week's time I'll be watching the last episode, then react accordingly and after that I'll immediately start to read the manga. It's way too amazing not to be read.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 18, 2012 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
Wow show is actually gotten better and better but what next :O
How will it end?
good stuff though 4/5
Jun 18, 2012 10:02 AM

Feb 2012
This was an amazing ep. Very touching.

5/5

So sad there's only 1 ep left.

Also I'm really curious how they'll end this. I havn't read the manga but it's still on-going. For anyone that reads the manga, is the anime still following it? Reply with a spoiler tag or on my profile if you have the answer. I don't want to read the manga if it turns out the anime strayed from it since a season season would be unlikely if that were the case.
YveseJun 18, 2012 10:17 AM
Jun 18, 2012 11:02 AM
Apr 2012
Such a tragic yet good episode this one produced. From Teiichi playing the role of the ghost (ie: Yuuko can't see / touch him) to the point where he makes both Yuuko and her Shadow find comfort (ie: Yuuko no longer needing to be afraid of her past and finally accepting it and the comforting part where her Shadow no longer has a reason to hate anymore after seeing Teiichi break down and saying how frustrating it was that he was unable to do anything for her when he saw her memories).

I've a bad feeling on what's going to happen at the end of the series. Yes it's known that Yuuko is now going to pass on (because she no longer has a reason to stay behind now that she knows what she cared for lived on in Teiichi), but how are they going to do it is the question. Will it be a happy end with Yuuko getting who she loves (even though it's not possible unless they pull a miracle?). Or will it be a bittersweet end (which is likely) where her and Teiichi share one last romantic moment before she can finally rest in peace and move on into the afterlife.

I'm just hoping that they don't disappoint me in the next episode. So far this series has been a perfect 10 for me... but if they end up giving me something I don't like (but there's nothing one can do about it), my score might drop to an 8 or 7. :/
Jun 18, 2012 11:22 AM

May 2010
So Teichii is Asagi grandson now that explain how he could see Yuuko but it looks like there is one more mystery yet to be solved
Jun 18, 2012 11:32 AM
Feb 2008
ahmed_great2005 said:
The ending song was sung by Yuuko this time.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Thought her rendition was very good too.
Jun 18, 2012 12:03 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, with a special ending.
Now the part after the ending makes up for another mystery that we'll get to see next episode, I'm looking forward to it.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 18, 2012 2:39 PM

Jul 2009
Fuck dead girl, get with Kirie!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 18, 2012 4:18 PM

Dec 2010
there is going to be an episode 13 in november if that says anything about what happens next.
Jun 18, 2012 4:25 PM

Aug 2011
All I can say is "Motha trukin Teiichi!!!". I giv Teiichi the award for best male character at crying for this season. The ending of this episode gives us a chance at a bad or good ending for the season. Can't wait to see what twist comes next.
Jun 18, 2012 4:35 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I've been expecting a "sad" end ever since the first time I saw the "Calendrier" ending of episode 2.

I don't care what others say about her, Kirie has been instrumental in this playing out like has. She gets big points from me for that.
Jun 18, 2012 4:39 PM

Feb 2011
Yeah , so I preety formed up my oppinion about the anime . It's good enough .
Jun 18, 2012 4:50 PM

Feb 2012
Oh shit, they showed the present Yukariko and Teiichi is indeed a descendant of someone who knew Yuuko in her past.
It couldn't end with a happy ending, that's the impression you got from the very beginning and it totally looks like it's going to happen that way, fuck.

We say there is nothing left that holds her back from "salvation" but what about her love for Teiichi, she freakin' loves him, shouldn't that be strong enough?

Yvese said:
For anyone that reads the manga, is the anime still following it?

Everything from episode 10 on is original stuff but we don't know how the manga is going to end, could be in a similar way.

Yvese said:
I don't want to read the manga if it turns out the anime strayed from it since a season season would be unlikely if that were the case.

You don't make any sense, that's exactly one of the reasons why you would want to read the manga and the anime has skipped a lot to get to a fitting ending within 12 episodes, so you have missed quite some stuff. Also, the anime couldn't nail Yuuko's look, the manga Yuuko is way more adorable.

ahmed_great2005 said:
The ending song was sung by Yuuko this time.

I knew something was different.
Jun 18, 2012 5:15 PM

Aug 2011
Incredible.

Rightly so, Teiichi accepted Shadow Yuuko because she was just another side of person he loves. She can't be complete without the hatred as well as the joy. It was such a relief when she came back to him because seeing them apart was just awful.

Loved the slight twist on the ED. Came as a shock that he was Asa's grandson, but it was so heartwarming to see Yuuko's reaction to that. It looks like something strange is still happening with the bell and I can't wait for the finale next week!

Why does it have to end? I love this show.
Jun 18, 2012 5:18 PM
Sep 2011
At this point I feel they are going to try and suprise us with a sad ending, but honestly to me I think it would be more suprising if they just left it and let Yukko and Teicchi move on with there lives.
I mean Yukko can leave the school now right? She has freed herself from her suffering so I don't see why she won't be able to.
Jun 18, 2012 5:19 PM

Jan 2011
I can still see a possible way for there to be a mostly happy ending and I hope that's the way they go. No chance for a second season, we're moving to closure in either the next episode or a later OVA, and with such a strong story executed well you want to close it off at the right time. I just hope it doesn't end like Anohana--I'll tear up for weeks listing to the OP and ED in my ipod playlists (as I know from experience).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 18, 2012 5:33 PM

Apr 2010
Jun 18, 2012 7:31 PM

May 2012
i can feel the ending will be tearjerker.. geezzzz..

Jun 18, 2012 7:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Everyone should feel happy Yuuko can pass on and get reincarnated.

Come on people. Let the dead RIP.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM

Jul 2009
If it ended this episode, I probably would've given it an 8 right away. The past few episodes were very well done. I look forward to next week's episode -- it looks to be a bitter sweet ending.
Jun 18, 2012 8:06 PM
Oct 2010
fantastic ep. real emotional
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 18, 2012 8:32 PM

Apr 2008
Fuck old people.

I'm impressed by the amount of emotion procted by this anime.
Almost let a mantear escape against my own will.
Jun 18, 2012 8:56 PM

Jun 2010
"Acceptance"

This might as well be the title of this episode. Awesome episode really....so sad, expecting a bittersweet ending. *Ya can't have everything ladies and gentlemen.....ya can't have everything.*
Jun 18, 2012 9:18 PM
Jun 2012
why won't teiichi just tell where yuuko's body is to her little sister?she will surely disappear just like what happened in Ginban Kaleidoscope
Jun 19, 2012 12:14 AM

Apr 2009
We've known for sometime that Yuuko can't see her separate dark self but when it happened to Teiichi as well, I thought "Whoa that's new (for me at least), a ghost to a ghost." Or maybe I'm just really slow these days. x_x

wheresthehandle said:
Fuck dead girl, get with Kirie!

Yeah my vote goes to Kirie first as well then next is Momoe with her creepy but cute death cat plush doll. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 19, 2012 12:28 AM

Apr 2012
I cringed at how long it took Teiichi to realize that they could communicate via notebook.

I loved it when Kirie was giving her rant to Teiichi. She made so many arm gestures. Some Phoenix Wright shit going on right there.
Jun 19, 2012 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
so next week is the last episode huh? :(
I found myself crying at the end of eps 11, i can feel their sadness and happiness...

To tell the truth i found mayself liking twist tragedies every now and then, but for this series i'm hoping for a good ending, they deserve it...
Jun 19, 2012 1:27 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, great episode. Felt a lot longer than it was since so much happened. Interesting twist with Tenshii being the grandson of the sick girl. I guess that's to explain how he can see her.

I predict sadness next episode. Clearly Yuuko is starting to fade. I kinda figured that's how this series would end. If done right, the next episode should be really good. Or maybe we'll all be wrong. Can't wait to see how it all ends.

Just noticed that the OVA is going to take place before the main series. It's going to be weird watching that when it comes out if Yuuko disappears at the end.
removed-userJun 19, 2012 1:30 AM
Jun 19, 2012 5:38 AM
Oct 2011
StormSky92 said:

Just noticed that the OVA is going to take place before the main series. It's going to be weird watching that when it comes out if Yuuko disappears at the end.

Source?
Jun 19, 2012 8:52 AM

Jun 2012
forscythe said:
Cirris said:
I got a bad feeling from the post credit ED scene. Yuuko dropping her bell and not being able to grab it right away. Like Kirie has said before, ghosts usually have unresolved conflicts. If Yuuko feels a sense of peace knowing that Asa lived on and her descendent was Teiichi, she may "see the light" and disappear.

Yeah I have the same bad feeling, I'm hoping for a completely good ending but I won't be surprised if it's the bittersweet ending. Here's to hoping. Almost starting to remind me of Ano Hana.

I am almost confident Yuuko will disappear. The foreshadowing was there.
Jun 19, 2012 1:00 PM

Nov 2009
It was a great conclusion to the story. But again Teiichi was acting too girlish at the most important part. I was actually expecting him to use the fact that he is Asa's grandchild to solve the conflict between Yuukos. Now it looks like we're in the Hotarubi no Mori e route. I really hope that they have a happy ending for us.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...
Jun 19, 2012 5:25 PM

Sep 2011
If Yuuko disappears I'll pull out my hate stick :(. Her hand turns a white ghost like, which makes her drop the bell.
Jun 19, 2012 6:16 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:
Her hand turns a white ghost like...
Those sort of things are a common problem for dead people ;)
Jun 19, 2012 7:06 PM

Mar 2012
Epic episode... 5/5
Jun 19, 2012 7:11 PM

Jun 2010
Im pretty sure this is different from what happened in the latest chapter of the Manga. I wonder why.
Jun 19, 2012 7:40 PM
Jun 2012
Cirris said:
I got a bad feeling from the post credit ED scene. Yuuko dropping her bell and not being able to grab it right away. Like Kirie has said before, ghosts usually have unresolved conflicts. If Yuuko feels a sense of peace knowing that Asa lived on and her descendent was Teiichi, she may "see the light" and disappear.

Indeed it seems so.
Jun 19, 2012 8:43 PM

Oct 2011
hmm this is just lie inu boku ss ,i HATED the first 9 or so eps but the last 3 OMG pure genious ,this episode was a 10/10
Jun 19, 2012 11:33 PM
Feb 2008
Avato-chan said:
hmm this is just lie inu boku ss ,i HATED the first 9 or so eps but the last 3 OMG pure genious ,this episode was a 10/10

I agree, which is funny because the last 3 or so eps have been original content, separate from the manga.

Apparently they cut a lot of stuff from the manga out in order to reach the conclusion quickly and I think the earlier episodes suffered because of it - it seemed to have pretty bad pacing issues, that was evident from someone who hasn't read the manga.

Silverlink have really done well with the last couple of eps though. The art and sound direction in this show has been fantastic and for me, has been the most emotion evoking show I'm watching this season.
Jun 20, 2012 1:30 AM

Nov 2008
I was hoping for a more climatic resolution but this is still great, especially that revelation that he is the grandson of the little girl. Although I thought that Kerie was acting odd, after all its obvious that she likes him as well.

Still I wonder what they have planned for the last episode?
Jun 20, 2012 8:35 AM

Feb 2011
It's always the bittersweet stories that move us the most.
Jun 20, 2012 10:45 AM

Apr 2010
mal2012 said:
forscythe said:
Cirris said:

Yeah I have the same bad feeling, I'm hoping for a completely good ending but I won't be surprised if it's the bittersweet ending. Here's to hoping. Almost starting to remind me of Ano Hana.

I am almost confident Yuuko will disappear. The foreshadowing was there.
Not to mention that they relieved her of her anger and her reason to stay.
Teichi brought her salvation so to speak tho who knows what will happen next episode.
Jun 20, 2012 4:10 PM

Nov 2009
I'm actually hoping Yuuko will disappear at the end... although they did develop some kind of relationship between each other, I'm hoping for more of a relationship between him and Kirie.
Jun 20, 2012 9:16 PM

Feb 2012
oh please, not another AnoHana ending. I really can't handle that stuff
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Jun 21, 2012 1:00 AM
Feb 2008
lonewolf80 said:
I'm actually hoping Yuuko will disappear at the end... although they did develop some kind of relationship between each other, I'm hoping for more of a relationship between him and Kirie.

Problem is that there won't really be enough time left in the anime to see any development between him and another girl.

I suspect she will leave though, as others have pointed out, with her regrets and spite relinquished, there's nothing binding her to the living world anymore.
Jun 21, 2012 9:08 AM

Nov 2011
This episode was so fantastic, I was quite content with it.

But this next episode looks so grim. It seems like she is going to disappear :(
Jun 21, 2012 1:56 PM

May 2011
Aww it was great to see Yuuko accept her past memories and became one again. All thanks to Teiichi being able to accept and love both of them. Those scenes at the end were just touching and sweet to watch. And oooh nice twist with Teiichi being Asa's grandson.

Ah crap next episode looks to be bittersweet and I got a feeling its going to be extremely touching and sad towards the end. It would suck to see Yuuko fade away and move on, even though all the signs are pointing toward this. :( Noooooo cmon I wanna see a happy ending with these two.
Jun 21, 2012 3:22 PM

Feb 2009
Ghost therapy success!
Jun 22, 2012 3:40 AM

Nov 2010
Noooo I don't want it to end like I suppose it will. It seems that Yuuko will fade away...
I'm so gonna cry :'(
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2012

567 by Ronninn »»
Mar 26, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

142 by Karva1 »»
Mar 13, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

169 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 20, 2012

149 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 7:45 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 13, 2012

137 by Karva1 »»
Mar 12, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.