Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (39) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2008 1:59 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 25 , the epic ending of Code Geass is there.

I don't know about the others but I am certainly satisfied -

If anyone will go on trolling with "omg trainwreck" and other similar comments it will only prove that people are following the masses with "hating geass is cool new thing in town" thing.
Sep 28, 2008 2:05 AM

May 2008
Terrible end to a terrible series.

I can now finally wash my hands with this series.
Sep 28, 2008 2:05 AM

Feb 2008

That was to be expected.

Decent show. Should have ended in the first season, though.

Mod Edit: Please stick all spoilers in a SPOILER TAG!
VeroninSep 29, 2008 9:05 PM
Sep 28, 2008 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
Code Geass R2 always confused me with its sudden turns, even when I had 1 week to think about. You didn't alway know who fought whom and why, and there was in every episode something unexpected, and this was what made me watching this.

Jeremiah Gottwald used his Geass Canceler on Anya?
Suzaku is pretended to be down
Lelouch and his prisoners - lol, are we in French Revolution or what?
Zero appears in front of Lelouch - good idea and thoughts of Lelouch allowing Suzaku to kill him as Zero, as the hope of the Black Knights
The end was very nice and not too much a conflict for whose watching
Lol@Orange-kun and Anya harvesting oranges xD

Especially this last episode makes me not regret giving this 9 points, no cliffhanger like last season and definitely a real end.
Sep 28, 2008 2:22 AM

Feb 2008
I think the best ending possible. I expected Lulu's death but the direction of the scene was great.

So basically the objectives of Nunally (or Shneizel) and Lulu's plan are the same. The difference is whether the Damocres or Lulu to be the symbol of the evil. It's so sad to see Lulu intensionally made his beloved sister hate him.
Even if Suzaku has mask on, I can see it from his unhuman action.
Too late, Kallen, Nunally to realize what he really meant.
Prime Minster Ohgi! Orange in Orange field! lol FTW!

I concluded Code Geass R2 is worth purchasing the DVD. I already placed order for vol.1 & 2.

What we can get from the wedding picture.

Ohgi x Viletta
Toudou x Chiba
Guilford x Cornellia
Xingke is gone...
Reval x Mirey is not certain.
Lloyd x Cecile? I'm not sure...
dtshykSep 28, 2008 3:55 AM
Sep 28, 2008 2:27 AM

Jun 2008
KrylonBlue said:
Terrible end to a terrible series.

I can now finally wash my hands with this series.

lol just wondering, considering you gave both Geass and R2 a rating of 1 (Unwatchable), why did you waste, like, 20 hours watching? :) I think I agree with Fai's statements here.

Fai said:
If anyone will go on trolling with "omg trainwreck" and other similar comments it will only prove that people are following the masses with "hating geass is cool new thing in town" thing.

I personally thought this was a great ending, with Lelouch creating the world that Nunally and Euphy wanted, erasing the name "Massacre Princess" and the monarchy system. I thought this episode tied up most of the lose ends pretty well, especially the Zero;Requiem.
Sep 28, 2008 2:31 AM

Apr 2007
Well, that was certainly . . . interesting. A fairly conventional ending with decent closure. I guess. No matter what happens, I think it gave me the scene I've been wanting forever. Ladies and gentlemen:

In the end, I can come to only one final conclusion about episode 25, R2, and Code Geass in general that I've gradually developed by deep and labored contemplation over the last two years of viewing:
Sep 28, 2008 2:33 AM

May 2008
Code Geass is a fanservice show that pretends to be more than that, but fails in every aspect. Ugly clamp character designs to appeal to fujoshi, a plot that was obviously written on the fly, heavily influenced by what happens to be popular among their fanbase, a lackluster setting with a complete lack of research, - they even failed to get the rules of chess right even though they built up the whole fucking show around chess-metaphors.
Their goal is to sell DVDs and merchandise instead of telling story - and it shows.

Also i do not care what users like fai say.

Sep 28, 2008 2:37 AM

Jan 2008
I don't think i've ever been happier that a show is over. Suzaku's "death" didn't fool me for a second either.

I was not impressed by the ending but at this point i'll freely admit that i'm so displeased with the way the show ended up I don't think anything could have satisfied me.

Also i'm sure that Lelouch isn't really dead and he'll show up in a sequel.
Sep 28, 2008 2:38 AM

Jan 2008
KrylonBlue said:
Code Geass is a fanservice show that pretends to be more than that, but fails in every aspect. Ugly clamp character designs to appeal to fujoshi, a plot that was obviously written on the fly, heavily influenced by what happens to be popular among their fanbase, a lackluster setting with a complete lack of research, - they even failed to get the rules of chess right even though they built up the whole fucking show around chess-metaphors.
Their goal is to sell DVDs and merchandise instead of telling story - and it shows.

Also i do not care what users like fai say.

If it's that bad and has been from the very start why did you watch both seasons to completion?
Sep 28, 2008 2:40 AM

Jul 2007
Dremark said:
I don't think i've ever been happier that a show is over

Says the person with ZnT avatar. O_o'
Seriously, I would like to actually hear some arguments the next time someone goes on with "geass was trainwreck".
Sep 28, 2008 2:40 AM

Jun 2008
Dremark said:
If it's that bad and has been from the very start why did you watch both seasons to completion?

Exactly. I mentioned that in Post 6.
Sep 28, 2008 2:43 AM
Jun 2008
lelouch had to die in the end to make it good...i see the bitchin has already started...lol
Sep 28, 2008 2:47 AM

Jan 2008
Fai said:
Dremark said:

Seriously, I would like to actually hear some arguments the next time someone goes on with "geass was trainwreck".

You're kind of cherry picking your quote there aren't you?

If you look at my post I said:

"I'm happy it's over" and "I did not like the ending although I was so displeased by the rest of the series that I probably would not have been happy no matter what".

I did not say "Geass was a trainwreck" or "I hate Code Geass" or anything of the sort. If you really want me to detail what I disliked about the series i'll be glad to after I get some sleep. I really don't see why you feel the need to put words in my mouth just because I don't share the same opinion as you though.
Sep 28, 2008 2:51 AM

Jul 2007
Dremark said:
Fai said:
Dremark said:

You're kind of cherry picking your quote there aren't you?

If you look at my post I said:

"I'm happy it's over" and "I did not like the ending although I was so displeased by the rest of the series that I probably would not have been happy no matter what".

I did not say "Geass was a trainwreck" or "I hate Code Geass" or anything of the sort. If you really want me to detail what I disliked about the series i'll be glad to after I get some sleep. I really don't see why you feel the need to put words in my mouth just because I don't share the same opinion as you though.

YOu misunderstood me a bit.

"says the person with ZnT avatar" meant, "is it really first time?"

Because IMHO, not to sound evil or something, there are a whole lot of other shows I would be jumping around in happiness to be over :)

That said, this gives a way for G00 so I am sort of happy too.

But certainly hoping for some OVAs (like detailing Lloyd's past and how he got into feud with Laksahta)
Sep 28, 2008 2:53 AM
Nov 2007
lol It's funny how people are making remarks about how people who say this would simply be joining the masses - or from a more recent post, why they finished the show if it sucked.

Thing is, R2 sucks. That's just my opinion though. It started off promising but it eventually derailed. It's a train wreck. Much of the trajectory for the derailment was caused by random attempts to progress the plot. It also lacked many things that made the first season so enjoyable to watch. One of those things is the strategical imperatives during conflicts.

I don't think it's necessary for us to say things like "if you think it's bad, then you're just joining the new fad" or "why did you finish the whole season if you didn't like it." Seriously... isn't that reflecting your own bias? And as most of us know, such statements are only reflections of personal points of view - not necessarily the truth.

Whatever it is, to each his or her own. I personally feel disappointed, while users like Fai seems to be content. That's that. So please, no more instigations, nor the continuation, of such assertions.

Mature up guys.
Sep 28, 2008 2:58 AM

Jul 2007
radiantfire said:
lol It's funny how people are making remarks about how people who say this would simply be joining the masses - or from a more recent post, why they finished the show if it sucked.

Thing is, R2 sucks. That's just my opinion though. It started off promising but it eventually derailed. It's a train wreck. Much of the trajectory for the derailment was caused by random attempts to progress the plot. It also lacked many things that made the first season so enjoyable to watch. One of those things is the strategical imperatives during conflicts.

I don't think it's necessary for us to say things like "if you think it's bad, then you're just joining the new fad" or "why did you finish the whole season if you didn't like it." Seriously... isn't that reflecting your own bias? And as most of us know, such statements are only reflections of personal points of view - not necessarily the truth.

Whatever it is, to each his or her own. I personally feel disappointed, while users like Fai seems to be content. That's that. So please, no more instigations, nor the continuation, of such assertions.

Mature up guys.

No. its not "if you think its bad you are joining the masses".

its "if you think its bad, give arguments on why you think its bad" ;]

thinking its bad because you think so is good, thinking its bad because you got influenced by others is not.

And I don't see how "the style they tried to progress the plot" suddenly made the show bad, imho they used the same plot-progression ever since episode1 or R1. IMO I just can't see any change in direction or plot/character progression from previous season. I got what I expected and that is more than I expected before seeing the first episode of R1.
Sep 28, 2008 3:00 AM

Jan 2008
Fai said:

YOu misunderstood me a bit.

"says the person with ZnT avatar" meant, "is it really first time?"

Because IMHO, not to sound evil or something, there are a whole lot of other shows I would be jumping around in happiness to be over :)

That said, this gives a way for G00 so I am sort of happy too.

But certainly hoping for some OVAs (like detailing Lloyd's past and how he got into feud with Laksahta)

Looks like I did misunderstand you. It's almost 6AM though so I'm sure you can understand why. I'll freely admit that ZnT3 was lacking in certain respects and I was pretty happy when it ended too (Although i'll probably still watch the next season which seems inevitable).

I'll also admit that 00 starting back up is a big part of the reason why i'm happy R2 is over. I think they set things up pretty well last season and that the second half is really going to be something special.

I wouldn't mind seeing OVAs either, particularly involving Lloyd as he never failed to amuse me.
Sep 28, 2008 3:03 AM
Nov 2007
So you don't see the whole Anya/Marianne thing random?
Nor the whole Sword of whatever place random?

etc
Sep 28, 2008 3:12 AM

Jan 2008
radiantfire said:

If someone hated the first season enough to give it a 1, I think asking why they even watched the second season is a fair question in a discussion thread.

Obviously I wasn't too pleased with the second season, and I had some issues with the first although I didn't think it was bad.

Regardless consider the question dropped.
Sep 28, 2008 3:18 AM

Jul 2007
radiantfire said:
So you don't see the whole Anya/Marianne thing random?
Nor the whole Sword of whatever place random?

etc

Sword of Akasha fits perfectly into mythology and theme of the show. It depends on how a person saw the show from beginning.

If person wanted the repeat of death note with all only-realism things, then of course he would be disappointed.

If person wanted tactical gundam-mecha show, then of course he would be disappointed.

I saw geass as "Fantasy/Sci-fi" story about supernatural powers affecting the normal every-day lives ever since the beginning and was waiting for some sort of other place/dimension/mindrape ever since the Ep12 of R1 when C.C mind-raped Suzaku., so no. Akasha made a perfect sense for me, being the weapon made to destroy the public unconsciousness and other things.

Anya / Marianne - while at first I never expected Marianne to return as Anya, ever since the moment in R1 when everyone got connections and reasons from the death of Marianne, it was 95% clear to me that she is not completely dead. Then the whole "anya is blogging stuff" thing came in and Bingo! thoughts of her being/having Marianne appeared to me (been making Anya/Marianne-meeting-C.C-theories since R2 episode 14 or so.)

So yeah, the overall "it was good" " it was decent" "it was OK" depends on what a person expected from the show.

However naming the flaws(geass had them - pacing, animation problems, just-barely-believable-coincidence-situations), one should actually take a look if what he is saying is an actual flaw, since nowadays people tend to name everything they do not understand as plot-hole.

I am content with people who know why they hated geass and can actually name the reasons(reasons making sense, instead of the usual "its full of plot holes" option, used when talking about majority of tv shows).

What I am annoyed with is people naming geass r2 a trainwreck because :
A) its the hype. Everyone does it. Just like everyone loves death note.
B) My favorite character did not go the way i wanted it, so the whole show sucks.
C)It had scifi stuff, it sucks
D) It had fantasy stuff, it sucks.

Saying "I hated the show" is alright, but saying that "the show failed and was a trainwreck" just because person did not like it and person THINKS so is not accurate and is just plainly stupid.
Sep 28, 2008 3:21 AM

Aug 2008
Could the guy on the wagon with C.C be Lulu?

And why is Schneizel still alive and Ohgi becomes successful? Ohgi was the dumbest BK of all.
Misa_KakizakiSep 28, 2008 3:28 AM
Sep 28, 2008 3:39 AM

Feb 2008
No need to care about the criticism saying CG R2 is a trainwreck. As Director Taniguchi said in the interview,
Taniguchi Goro said:
Even if we have 100,000 enemies, one million supporters will bring us an overwhelming victory.

I have some dissatisfactions in the middle of the episodes but this good finale compensates for them. I'm ready to spend $500 or $700 to complete the DVDs.
Sep 28, 2008 3:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Take it easy guys and keep it civil. Opinions differ and that's a fact, no need to jump anyone just because they think different. So please stay friendly, insults won't be tolerated.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 28, 2008 3:55 AM

Jun 2008
Alright, it seems that the last episodewas pretty complex and out of most of the people I've talked to, a lot of people don't seems to get it. I'm going to tie up all the lose ends with this post.

The Code is the power of immortality, which C.C. has. The 98th Emperor of Britannia, Charles, has the Code. He transferred the Code to Lelouch while strangling him in episode 21. Lelouch wanted this, and he deliberately told Suzaku to not interfere.

However, the Code does not activate unless receiver dies first. This is shown when the nun kills C.C. after transferring the Code to her. Charle’s Code activated when he shot himself. Here is one of the big misconceptions that most people have: The transfer of the Code does not involve death of the transferrer. The nun was crazy and killed herself after she transferred her code. VV was injured from the battle and died. So basically, after episode 21, Lelouch had Charle’s Code (inactivated) and C.C’s contracted Geass.

When Lelouch got stabbed by Zero/Suzaku at the end, his Code was activated. What supports this is that Nunnally got Lelouch's memories when she touched her, just like Lelouch did when he touched C.C. back in Narita. The only way this could have happened is his Code activating. This pretty much confirms that he has the Code.

Unlike C.C., and Charles, who lost their Geasses because the people who contracted them died, Lelouch didn’t obtain C.C.’s Code and thus kept his Geass, while having the Code (which he obtained from Charles at the same time). Lelouch therefore has achieved CODE GEASS.

Basically, Lelouch is the person driving the cart in the last scene. He, who is now immortal, travels the brand new world he has created together with the also immortal C.C. C.C. talks to Lelouch in the end by saying: "Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you... well, I guess thats a little wrong... eh, Lelouch?"

Now comes the second big misconception. A lot of people say C.C. was just talking to the dead like with Marianne, that's not true. She could only talk to her because of the nature of her Geass which allowed her to implant herself into the "hearts" of others. That's how she was able to talk with Marianne. Lelouch's Geass was entirely different, meaning that she could only have spoken to him if he was there. Also, the fact that the cart driver is masking his features completely supports this fact, considering the fact that Lelouch is now considered dead.
MayucchiYukieSep 28, 2008 4:24 AM
Sep 28, 2008 4:19 AM
Aug 2008
I'm really happy about the ending.
It was a little harsh, like about the end of the war : no details ^^"

But about Lelouch :
Sep 28, 2008 4:34 AM

Jul 2007
Kohei_no_kimi said:

But about Lelouch :

The most important people for him were Kallen and Shirley - he got flashbacks of Shirley, Rollo and of Kallen's kiss before he died.

If anything its Lelouch x Shirley_and_Kallen ending.
Sep 28, 2008 4:43 AM

Mar 2008
Fai said:
Kohei_no_kimi said:

But about Lelouch :

But we see also in memories Lulu x CC kiss...

The most important people for him were Kallen and Shirley - he got flashbacks of Shirley, Rollo and of Kallen's kiss before he died.

If anything its Lelouch x Shirley_and_Kallen ending.
Sep 28, 2008 4:46 AM

Jan 2008
Nay, it's Lelouch x Suzzie ending. He died in the arms of the person he loved the most :D This ending is somehow a punch towards 'x x y' fandom. Anyways, Nunnaly reminded me of Princess Leia at Jubbas in Star Wars epi 6. Overall rating for now - 8/10 might drop to 7 over time, though.

Now it's time to pray that Sunrise won't trainwreck Gundam 00 s2.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Sep 28, 2008 4:52 AM

Jul 2008
now finally over, had fun watching this serie. a lot of story twist which I dont expected, and for me a satified end.

Sep 28, 2008 5:10 AM

Jan 2008
Something tells me Lelouch became an immortal with a fully evolved geass before he was stabbed. The code doesn't seem to appear until they die, hence, why C.C. was wounded when she first inherited her code. Same happened with Charles in the World of C. All in all, I predict season 3...

Best scene in the final episode: Orange is an ORANGE FARMER GOD DAMN
Sep 28, 2008 6:41 AM

Aug 2008
The only scene worth mentioning.. is as above.. Orange-kun being an orange farmer.

in b4 true end ova
Sep 28, 2008 6:55 AM

Oct 2007
Ending of Code Geass:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Sep 28, 2008 6:58 AM

Jun 2008
Well, this episode is.... epic awsomeness.

But the first season was better.
Sep 28, 2008 7:04 AM

Mar 2008
is it just me or does the ending reminds me of Spice and Wolf (maybe Lelouch isn't dead after all?)

I agree with TC, those who hate Geass just because it is the cool new thing in town should really reconsider what they are saying
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2008 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, got spoiled of everything when I was checking out the new Gundam 00 PV on Random Curiosity. Damn idiots posting about Geass spoilers on a Gundam PV discussion..
Sep 28, 2008 7:48 AM

Aug 2008

kaminakun said:
is it just me or does the ending reminds me of Spice and Wolf (maybe Lelouch isn't dead after all?)

http://i38.tinypic.com/dfv9na.jpg

kaminakun said:
I agree with TC, those who hate Geass just because it is the cool new thing in town should really reconsider what they are saying

Wonder then why there are more people that actualy liked or even loved the series than there that not?

Season 1 was actually DECENT.
Season 2 was a total crap and waste of my time.
Sep 28, 2008 7:50 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, epic ending and pretty much made this anime completely awesome. I couldn't have imagined a better ending.

All hail Lelouch indeed.
Sep 28, 2008 8:01 AM
Oct 2007
kaminakun said:
iI agree with TC, those who hate Geass just because it is the cool new thing in town should really reconsider what they are saying

Actually, I think it's the other way around.

People like Geass because that is the cool new thing in town.
Sep 28, 2008 8:04 AM
Oct 2007
epic ending, couldn't have been better
Sep 28, 2008 8:20 AM
Aug 2008
@ImperialX
Theory makes sense. I also thought about that and it sounds quite possible.

Great ending. Just.. great. Or awesome. Or however you want to name it. Better than I expected, although I thought Taniguichi would be able to conclude the series well.
It's neither a perfect series nor very outstanding in one point - but personally it is one of my favorites and perfect with it's flaws (oh and I love the ridiculous plot twists of course!).

I cried like about 5 minutes (hasn't happened with any media yet) and then fuck yeah ali project with their flower of evil started.
But the best in the ending is that you can think about it and there is space for own interpretations.

To watch it RAW was extremely athmospheric, but guess I have to watch with the subs to make sure I understanded everything right.

Btw.. ah, I'm so happy..
auraMALSep 28, 2008 8:28 AM
Sep 28, 2008 8:38 AM

Sep 2008
I give it a four only because it was not a KallenxLulu ending!

Honestly, I could care less about what you guys think.

I enjoyed it. Even if Lulu's and Suza's "deaths" may have been just for show.
Sep 28, 2008 8:42 AM

Aug 2008
The pic and the gif are both fakes, nicely done in ps tho
Sep 28, 2008 8:45 AM

Apr 2008
I loved the ending, if Lulu died or lived doesnt change that a bit, i was worried how they whould end it but this goes over everything i hoped for;7 and people can go on and on about how bad this serie is i still think there hasnt been anything as good as it in a long time.
Sep 28, 2008 8:52 AM
Aug 2008
aydar said:
The pic and the gif are both fakes, nicely done in ps tho

Can't judge it but could very possible be that way (this sentence doesn't sound right, sorry)
But when they showed NO BIT of Lulu afterwards the theory could be right.
Sep 28, 2008 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
I can't believe it's over. all the time with geass. not really the ending I was hoping for but the one that made sense. it's sad he had to make everyone hate him even his precious sister. I didn't really like the way that turned out but that was his plan for a while. I figured it would be "Zero" that killed him, way back when Suzaku wanted him to make Zero's lies come true. so in the end Lelouch really did give up everything to accomplish his goal, but you know he's with C.C at the end with a Just as I planned looked his face.

glad orange got a happy ending at least and he finally gave anya back her memories.
mystikSep 28, 2008 9:03 AM
Sep 28, 2008 9:02 AM

Mar 2008
kuroshiroi said:
Aurakira said:
Btw.. ah, I'm so happy..

thanks for providing those links... I agree with the blog completely
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2008 9:03 AM
Jan 2008
mxchael said:
Beautiful ending, couldn't been better in my opinion. 10/10, for this season too.

Same here only i would give the epic ending a 11/10.
Sep 28, 2008 9:04 AM
Mar 2008
ALL HAIL LELOUCH

Though I didn't wanted Lelouch to die, everyone ended up hating him (except for the closest friends he had, that knew all about the plan). I was hoping, when they showed C.C. at the cart, that Lelouch was driving it (we are saying that he somehow managed to survive).

Anyhow, 10/10.
WishySep 28, 2008 9:14 AM
Pages (39) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dremark - Sep 7, 2008

430 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 10:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.