MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 »» Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion

Pages (71) « First ... « 68 69 [70] 71 »
View Poll Results: Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!
 
2215 86.15%
4 out of 5: Liked it
 
173 6.73%
3 out of 5: It was OK
 
69 2.68%
2 out of 5: Disliked it
 
36 1.40%
1 out of 5: Hated it
 
78 3.03%
Voters: 2571

02-28-14, 5:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 532
stellalala said:
Oh my gosh. That show just tore my heart in half.
I firmly believe that Lelouch lived (Mostly so I can continue on with my life and stop weeping about the show), but the story has more impact if he really died.

Poor Suazku.


this^ i do truly wish he was still alive and with cc but hey there's fanfiction for that
iBananaMonkey said:
The ending was really impactful. If not for the ending, I would not think of this show as highly. It made me cry and I rewatched it twice. Not only is he dying, but he is dying while everyone in the world hates him...no one knows of his sacrifice (except for a few people) just like him to plan his death.

I could tell Suzaku was Zero immediately from his out of the world athletic skills, haha.

I wish, though, that Lelouch told someone about Euphie and Shirley...how he didn't mean for them to die...


i understand exactly how you feel

in the end though this anime was truly amazing! this anime has touched my heart in so many ways i never expected to cry this much!!!!
this isn't jut an anime for me its lessons i took from this that i'll apply to my life. lelouch changed the world not just in this anime.. ALL HAIL LELOUCH!!!!!!!

10/10
 
03-02-14, 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 52
IZEROII said:
I concur. The fact that whether he is dead or is alive as a Code carrier is one part of what makes this series so wonderful. Anyone can subscribe to their own belief and you can't conclusively say it's wrong. That's why arrogant individuals (cough cough fucking Azrael_STX) who say those that don't understand the show will say he is dead and those that REALLY grasped the depth of what the Code means and how it works in the story will say he is alive. It's an ending open for interpretation, not cut and dry.


Agree, I think death camp and live camp war is irrelevant due ending ambiguous nature
 
03-11-14, 8:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1565
superseiyan said:
Ending reminded me of what happens to Batman in the Batman movies. Except that Batman's ending is "happier" eventually.


and the series not being a train-wreck too.
"I understand that if any more words come pouring out your c**t mouth, I'm going to have to eat every f***ing chicken in this room."

- You're going to do all seven of the f***ers?
-Father!


 
03-13-14, 12:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 31
Damn that Lelouche and nunnally scene at the end got me, i honestly loved the series amazing work!
 
03-13-14, 8:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 135
Through this entire series I have had mixed feelings. On one hand: things always over complicate themselves leading up to excessive plans, counter-plans, and counter-counter-plans which is basically an excuse for mental masturbation; every couple of minutes the machine that was "the greatest thing to ever fight" becomes one-upped; and some plot functions were way to erratic. On the other hand though: I was never bored while watching this show; this anime succinctly elocutes how in war all sides fight for what they view as "good" and "justice", one can not truly point to a single force in this anime that was truly "evil" because there is nothing wholly right or wholly wrong in this world; and I found the fact that the series wasn't afraid to kill off some mains refreshing.

So I'm not entirely sure on my own feelings for this series, but I'm pretty sure that I loved this episode. It was obvious to me from the beginning of Lelouch's "Zero Requiem" plan what he had in store for himself. Knowing the type of character he was-- the cool type who puts on an act, hurting himself to help others-- as soon as he took the mantle of emperor and stated that plan, I was sure he intended to die the villain. I just wish that there was more to the end or like an OVA where Lelouch was at least recognized by those closest to him for his sacrifice. I feel like a noteworthy scene from a certain well known game fits this situation best, "I must be forgotten, Tirion! If the world is to live free from the tyranny of fear, they must never know what was done here today!". Lelouch's deeds are certainly worthy of having his memory be cherished by all, but for his deed to continue to stabilize the world, they must never know what he did.

So I guess long story short, I empathize with Lelouch. Though obviously on barely a fraction of the scale, I have taken up the mantle of being something other than myself to help others before, knowing that they could never know the harm it caused myself.
 
03-17-14, 9:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 549
both seasons of the anime was really great, I was nicely suprised with the show, and the ending was just sooooo OP, loved it! One of the best endings imo!
Before recommending me any Manga/Anime, check my list first, please.
Anime : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kcp_snag
Manga : http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/kcp_snag
I give recommendations based on Your and mine Shared list, thats it.

Btw, feel free to drop by on :
http://myanimelist.net/profile/kcp_snag

or add/msg me to talk about Anime/Manga! :)
 
03-21-14, 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 6
Code Geass plot questions please help me undestand im a huge fan of the show?
1.Who gave V.V. his code in Code Geass, how did he become immortal??
2. What is the origin of Geass, since when did it exist, because the first one known to us is the nun who gave her code to C.C. But somebody had to give the nun the code in the first place so geass is very old? Somebody had to give the nun the code , and that somebody had to receive the code from somebody else and so on? So what is the origin how old is geass?
3. Is it from an alien planet or something because some of the visions and memories of C.C. show another planet i think
4. And who built these ruins at Kamine Island, Charles only discovered them but some ancient civilization had to build them right ( again maybe aliens) as shown in visions and memories of C.C.
 
03-21-14, 4:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 25
antonborbeli said:
Code Geass plot questions please help me undestand im a huge fan of the show?
1.Who gave V.V. his code in Code Geass, how did he become immortal??
2. What is the origin of Geass, since when did it exist, because the first one known to us is the nun who gave her code to C.C. But somebody had to give the nun the code in the first place so geass is very old? Somebody had to give the nun the code , and that somebody had to receive the code from somebody else and so on? So what is the origin how old is geass?
3. Is it from an alien planet or something because some of the visions and memories of C.C. show another planet i think
4. And who built these ruins at Kamine Island, Charles only discovered them but some ancient civilization had to build them right ( again maybe aliens) as shown in visions and memories of C.C.


ok, I don't really know the answear for these questions but I'll try my best :)

1. V.V is the older twin brother of Charles zi Britannia, but as he has become immortal at the early age of 10, there is a seemingly immense age difference between them (his exact age is unknown, though being twins, he is most likely the exact same age as his brother, 63). C.C. refers to V.V. as Charles' first ally and has indeed been actively supporting him in his childhood years. Charles and V.V.'s childhood years were marred by an internal feud in the Imperial Family called the Emblem of Blood. This period filled with deception and assassination resulting in the deaths of various members of the royal court including their mother. This event convinced the two to create a Geass contract to create a world without lies and to do so, they intended to destroy the "Gods". Several years later, Marianne Vi Britannia and C.C. joined in their venture as well. So his immortality must be connected with this Emblem of blood, maybe because of some strategy involved or smoething like that.

2. Every Geass, while powerful, has its own unique set of restrictions, limitations, or idiosyncrasies. These factors allow a Geass to be defeated, or its power limited, by someone who is aware of its characteristics. All Geass abilities that have thus far appeared within the canon of the television series have been related to the mind, influencing such things as will, thought, memory and perception. Geass abilities in the alternate universe manga Nightmare of Nunnally have no such limitations. All Geass, regardless of user, appear in only one eye in the initial stages. Eventually, assuming the user lives long enough, the Geass will eventually begin to grow until it shows on both eyes, seemingly as a result of repeated use, or pushing the Geass to exceed its own limits. However, overuse and/or mental instability can lead to an affliction known as "runaway Geass" that causes the user to become unable to control their Geass, making it become permanently active.

The only case of a person that manifested a "perfect" Geass is Charles zi Britannia, who shows the ability to activate his Geass at will, yet possesses Geass in both eyes. Once the Geass evolves to two eyes, it is strong enough to kill someone who has a Code, and transfers their Code to the Geass-user, making them an Immortal who is immune to all Geass. In both cases shown, the Immortal who was killed is also the Immortal who gave the Geass-user their Geass, making it impossible to tell which event caused the Geass-user to lose their Geass: Activating the Code they received, or having the Immortal they were contracted to killed. The examples shown are when V.V. was killed by Charles after his Siegfried was destroyed, and the unnamed nun in the flashback who convinced C.C. to kill her. It should be noted that C.C. was also giving people Geass with the hopes they would kill her once their Geass reached maximum strength.

Following the assault on the Geass Directorate launched by Lelouch and the death of the other remaining Geass users, Lelouch became the only person still having the power of Geass, other than Rolo, while C.C. became the last human still having the Code after Charles is absorbed by the collective unconscious, and V.V. is killed by Charles. There is only one instance of a person overcoming the effects of Geass, which is the case of Nunnally - Lelouch attributes this to a very strong degree of will power, which may have been helped along by Charles being dead by then, though there is no mention of her recovering the lost memories of her mother's death, which was Charles' "primary" ability.

According to an English edition of Newtype, the power of Geass has something to do with the very existence of humankind, and it may be used to destroy or transform just about anything. This is because the "gods" of the Geass universe are actually a collection of subconscious and will that are always in conflict, and one with a powerful Geass could influence it, as Lelouch does in the series, and Charles seemingly does, and with a proper system, can also influence reality, which is the concept behind the Sword Of Akasha. "Geass" may be an intentional corruption of the word geas or geis, a term for a type of magical contract in Irish mythology. I think this explains a little.

3. I believe what C.C sees isn't an alien word but yes C world it self.

4.Though its location usually changes with each leader, it is currently located in an enormous underground cavern beneath an unspecified desert somewhere in the Chinese Federation. The Geass Order seems to be, for the most part, a fairly modern medium-sized city, complete with streetlights, roadways, ornate buildings, and even an underground train system. The location of the directorate may be the Tengger Desert in our Inner Mongolia, which resembles the desert as seen in Code Geass.

Most of the city is lit with an eerie purple glow that emanates from a Thought Elevator at the head of the city.
So we don't really know when it was built, but we do know that it may exist since the most primordial times, wich makes kind of sense because it's a super secret society.

I hope this helped!
 
03-22-14, 3:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 6
Code Geass plot questions please help me undestand im a huge fan of the show?
1.Who gave V.V. his code in Code Geass, how did he become immortal??
2. What is the origin of Geass, since when did it exist, because the first one known to us is the nun who gave her code to C.C. But somebody had to give the nun the code in the first place so geass is very old? Somebody had to give the nun the code , and that somebody had to receive the code from somebody else and so on? So what is the origin how old is geass?
3. Is it from an alien planet or something because some of the visions and memories of C.C. show another planet i think
4. And who built these ruins at Kamine Island, Charles only discovered them but some ancient civilization had to build them right ( again maybe aliens) as shown in visions and memories of C.C.
 
03-22-14, 3:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 6
Madmonk said:
antonborbeli said:
Code Geass plot questions please help me undestand im a huge fan of the show?
1.Who gave V.V. his code in Code Geass, how did he become immortal??
2. What is the origin of Geass, since when did it exist, because the first one known to us is the nun who gave her code to C.C. But somebody had to give the nun the code in the first place so geass is very old? Somebody had to give the nun the code , and that somebody had to receive the code from somebody else and so on? So what is the origin how old is geass?
3. Is it from an alien planet or something because some of the visions and memories of C.C. show another planet i think
4. And who built these ruins at Kamine Island, Charles only discovered them but some ancient civilization had to build them right ( again maybe aliens) as shown in visions and memories of C.C.


ok, I don't really know the answear for these questions but I'll try my best :)

1. V.V is the older twin brother of Charles zi Britannia, but as he has become immortal at the early age of 10, there is a seemingly immense age difference between them (his exact age is unknown, though being twins, he is most likely the exact same age as his brother, 63). C.C. refers to V.V. as Charles' first ally and has indeed been actively supporting him in his childhood years. Charles and V.V.'s childhood years were marred by an internal feud in the Imperial Family called the Emblem of Blood. This period filled with deception and assassination resulting in the deaths of various members of the royal court including their mother. This event convinced the two to create a Geass contract to create a world without lies and to do so, they intended to destroy the "Gods". Several years later, Marianne Vi Britannia and C.C. joined in their venture as well. So his immortality must be connected with this Emblem of blood, maybe because of some strategy involved or smoething like that.

2. Every Geass, while powerful, has its own unique set of restrictions, limitations, or idiosyncrasies. These factors allow a Geass to be defeated, or its power limited, by someone who is aware of its characteristics. All Geass abilities that have thus far appeared within the canon of the television series have been related to the mind, influencing such things as will, thought, memory and perception. Geass abilities in the alternate universe manga Nightmare of Nunnally have no such limitations. All Geass, regardless of user, appear in only one eye in the initial stages. Eventually, assuming the user lives long enough, the Geass will eventually begin to grow until it shows on both eyes, seemingly as a result of repeated use, or pushing the Geass to exceed its own limits. However, overuse and/or mental instability can lead to an affliction known as "runaway Geass" that causes the user to become unable to control their Geass, making it become permanently active.

The only case of a person that manifested a "perfect" Geass is Charles zi Britannia, who shows the ability to activate his Geass at will, yet possesses Geass in both eyes. Once the Geass evolves to two eyes, it is strong enough to kill someone who has a Code, and transfers their Code to the Geass-user, making them an Immortal who is immune to all Geass. In both cases shown, the Immortal who was killed is also the Immortal who gave the Geass-user their Geass, making it impossible to tell which event caused the Geass-user to lose their Geass: Activating the Code they received, or having the Immortal they were contracted to killed. The examples shown are when V.V. was killed by Charles after his Siegfried was destroyed, and the unnamed nun in the flashback who convinced C.C. to kill her. It should be noted that C.C. was also giving people Geass with the hopes they would kill her once their Geass reached maximum strength.

Following the assault on the Geass Directorate launched by Lelouch and the death of the other remaining Geass users, Lelouch became the only person still having the power of Geass, other than Rolo, while C.C. became the last human still having the Code after Charles is absorbed by the collective unconscious, and V.V. is killed by Charles. There is only one instance of a person overcoming the effects of Geass, which is the case of Nunnally - Lelouch attributes this to a very strong degree of will power, which may have been helped along by Charles being dead by then, though there is no mention of her recovering the lost memories of her mother's death, which was Charles' "primary" ability.

According to an English edition of Newtype, the power of Geass has something to do with the very existence of humankind, and it may be used to destroy or transform just about anything. This is because the "gods" of the Geass universe are actually a collection of subconscious and will that are always in conflict, and one with a powerful Geass could influence it, as Lelouch does in the series, and Charles seemingly does, and with a proper system, can also influence reality, which is the concept behind the Sword Of Akasha. "Geass" may be an intentional corruption of the word geas or geis, a term for a type of magical contract in Irish mythology. I think this explains a little.

3. I believe what C.C sees isn't an alien word but yes C world it self.

4.Though its location usually changes with each leader, it is currently located in an enormous underground cavern beneath an unspecified desert somewhere in the Chinese Federation. The Geass Order seems to be, for the most part, a fairly modern medium-sized city, complete with streetlights, roadways, ornate buildings, and even an underground train system. The location of the directorate may be the Tengger Desert in our Inner Mongolia, which resembles the desert as seen in Code Geass.

Most of the city is lit with an eerie purple glow that emanates from a Thought Elevator at the head of the city.
So we don't really know when it was built, but we do know that it may exist since the most primordial times, wich makes kind of sense because it's a super secret society.

I hope this helped!


Thanks for the answers. But your answers are all copied from the wikia code geass and i read that already but still even the wikia doesnt answer my question. But thanks for takinge the time
 
03-25-14, 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 5873
Oh wow I was hoping that Lelouch took the code from C.C so he wouldn't die but at the same moment I was hoping he died as that is what makes this ending so awesome. But I wont discard this idea until I watch all specials, ova's and movies of CG. After all I doubt that Lelouch would not keep his promise towards C.C but I might be wrong.
Also the irony :)) Orange-kun working at an orange farm xD.

Well then for me this was 10/10, great anime with great twists and only one big disappointment that being the failure Lelouch did with Euphy. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did :).
PM me if you quoted me, MAL doesn't notify quotes. You can also call me Zeros.
When is my http://myanimegraph.k.vu signature coming back :(.
"People are like dice, you throw yourself in the direction of your own choosing." A certain frenchman once said this.
 
03-28-14, 4:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 579
Very nice episode, Im so sad its over :(
 
04-02-14, 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 14
antonborbeli said:
Code Geass plot questions please help me undestand im a huge fan of the show?
1.Who gave V.V. his code in Code Geass, how did he become immortal??
2. What is the origin of Geass, since when did it exist, because the first one known to us is the nun who gave her code to C.C. But somebody had to give the nun the code in the first place so geass is very old? Somebody had to give the nun the code , and that somebody had to receive the code from somebody else and so on? So what is the origin how old is geass?
3. Is it from an alien planet or something because some of the visions and memories of C.C. show another planet i think
4. And who built these ruins at Kamine Island, Charles only discovered them but some ancient civilization had to build them right ( again maybe aliens) as shown in visions and memories of C.C.


I'll give you my speculations, it's not something creator has said or ect. it's just what I personally think about it.

1)He got it in similar way to C.C. he got geass from immortal, mastered it and killed that immortal to become immortal himself. It might happened before he met Charles, so he actually was adopted, because he had fairly good relationship with Charles which would have given him problems to master geass and Charles would had it too at that point, furthermore when he made contract with Charles, he seemingly already had with to die with isn't likely for someone who recently became immortal and when did he forgot his name?
2)Geass is collective sub(un-)conscious so it was born from humans when they became intelligent. Since two predators had two different wills conflict arisen thus giving birth to geass. Last few question is messed up, but I believe answer should be "yes".
3)It is possible what geass came from aliens, but not directly(unless human were aliens themselves), more likely by giving their genes and making first intelligent life or something, but the world shown in vision is likely world of C and in the same time it might be place where the dead lives as Charles mention about having conversation with Clovis after his death.
4)This one is hard one, most likely it was built by cult or maybe it was build from within world of C, I believe answer would be clearer if you would find out what C stands for.

Sorry for messed up answers, but your question wasn't written very clear too. I hope it helped you and feel free to ask again if you have questions!
 
04-03-14, 12:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 11
Lelouch doesn't die!!!!!!!
I was sceptical about the very end with CC on the wagon and I decided to see if my hunch was right.

Here is what I found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhyzoq4mxo
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That video is of the last scene. (Watch it!)
 
04-03-14, 6:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 441
BlueReel said:
Lelouch doesn't die!!!!!!!
I was sceptical about the very end with CC on the wagon and I decided to see if my hunch was right.

Here is what I found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhyzoq4mxo
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That video is of the last scene. (Watch it!)

Lelouch is dead. Get over it already.
 
04-04-14, 11:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 549
Botato said:
BlueReel said:
Lelouch doesn't die!!!!!!!
I was sceptical about the very end with CC on the wagon and I decided to see if my hunch was right.

Here is what I found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhyzoq4mxo
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That video is of the last scene. (Watch it!)

Lelouch is dead. Get over it already.


of course he is not imo ;)
Before recommending me any Manga/Anime, check my list first, please.
Anime : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kcp_snag
Manga : http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/kcp_snag
I give recommendations based on Your and mine Shared list, thats it.

Btw, feel free to drop by on :
http://myanimelist.net/profile/kcp_snag

or add/msg me to talk about Anime/Manga! :)
 
04-09-14, 7:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 75
Best ending to a anime. Fits so well Lelouch!

 
04-13-14, 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 96
I didn't think R2 was nearly as great as the first season, but this was a fantastic ending.
 
04-15-14, 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 549
Yes, the ending was soooooo neat, agreed.
Before recommending me any Manga/Anime, check my list first, please.
Anime : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kcp_snag
Manga : http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/kcp_snag
I give recommendations based on Your and mine Shared list, thats it.

Btw, feel free to drop by on :
http://myanimelist.net/profile/kcp_snag

or add/msg me to talk about Anime/Manga! :)
 
04-18-14, 4:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 77
What a strong ending guys...it made me cry my eyes out. When Lulu died...wow, just wow. Great finale.
Game over. If that's the case, I just have to play again.
 
Top
Pages (71) « First ... « 68 69 [70] 71 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices