Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 27, 2008 5:19 PM
Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
She lost her memory. psh.
千川君だっけ?
:'(
なぜだ?!!
KaShizuiSep 28, 2008 9:08 PM
Sep 28, 2008 9:05 PM

Jun 2008
so birdy Season one is over. This episode was a little predictive but it was fine
Next season airing January 2009
Sep 28, 2008 9:59 PM

Jan 2008
KaShizui said:

She lost her memory. psh.

I never cared much for her in the first place, good riddance.

my only real complaint with this episode was the continued drop in animation quality.

Sep 29, 2008 12:05 AM

Aug 2008
Birdy was one of my favorite, it was a good mid end... Glad that Tsutomu is back inside of Birdy, thats how its gotta be. And a good thing she lost her memories, cause Birdy the Mighty Decode is not about love-triangles, if there was ever to erupt in the future.

Anyways Buddy's for Live!!! uyea.
Sep 29, 2008 1:01 AM

Feb 2008
Yay! Tsutomu's back inside Birdy! (This line can be misunderstood :)

Good ending to the first season, I wasn't expecting Sayaka to lose her memories though, kind of sad..
Sep 29, 2008 1:27 AM
Sep 2008
that was a good ending, now to wait for the next season.
Sep 29, 2008 2:10 AM

Mar 2008
Yep, Birdy Decode rocks. I knew Tsutomu would end up back in Birdy's body after getting power slammed to death. I hope the second season is as good as or even better than the first, but please no more disgusting slime flesh baddies.
Sep 29, 2008 8:50 AM

Sep 2007
Very nice ending, I loved it.

It doesnt matter if shes dead or lost her memorys, she wont be there in the second season so its the same anyway.

Looking forward to the second season!

Sep 29, 2008 8:57 AM
Nov 2007
Great! Just great! Just when he got the girl! >__<

Anyhow, no real complaints here. This serie was quite good. :)
Sep 29, 2008 9:55 AM

Aug 2008
A good end to the first season. Too bad about Nakasugi, though; I was hoping she'd get together with Tsutomu. Anyways, looks like Birdy'll have another competitor next season (Hayamiya).

The Ryunka's design was... unusual? inspired? just odd? I dunno.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Sep 29, 2008 9:55 AM

May 2008
The only problem is that they dramtised the demise of the Ryunka's host when they clearly have the technology to rebuild people's bodies.
I was under the impression that they wouldn't be able to rebuild the body of the ryunka without releasing the ryunka again, thus adding dramatic tension.

Oh well, I still loved the series overall...
Sep 29, 2008 10:33 AM

Oct 2007
KaShizui said:

なぜだ?!!

That was indeed.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 29, 2008 10:57 AM

Apr 2007
So wait ... couldn't Birdy just have killed Sayaka, but then allowed her to share her body like she did with Tsutomu? Or was that not possible due to the control that the Ryunka had gained over her? Since if it was possible for that direction I doubt Sayaka would've lost her memories, so seems like a win-win situation for everyone, for the most part.

Regardless, I guess it was a decent end to a decent show.
Sep 29, 2008 2:37 PM
Dec 2007
Very original and great ending for this first season, very bitter sweet too (well, I'm a bit bit sad that Nakasugi lost her memory). Overall, the plot and characters kept improving episode by episode, and that's what really matters with this show.

In the end, this new Tetsuwan Birdy is VERY different from the original, it almost only have the title and the name of the main characters, so the two series should be watched seperately and one should not expect any connection between the two.

BUT

JacutSep 29, 2008 2:42 PM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 29, 2008 2:38 PM

Oct 2007
The whole memory loss thing with Nakasugi was a pretty cliche occurrence in anime, but I liked how Tsutomu and Birdy ended up just being in the same body again. It's like they're back where they started now. Overall a decent ending, and overall a not bad series...or season, rather.

7/10.

Sep 29, 2008 3:35 PM

Feb 2008
waht an ending....that kinda sux that she forgot him....

reminds me of Titanic....

"ill never let you go...." as he sinks into the ocean.
Sep 29, 2008 4:53 PM

Feb 2008
predictable, but i liked it.

too bad about Nakasugi tho, i would have thought that someone would have told her that she and Tsutomu were going out and that she'd be more upset about her grandfather being dead than she was. also would've thought that Tsutomu would have taken another stab at going out with her since she seemed to be interested even before the Ryunka incident, but whatever, its not like this is a romance show so i guess it doesn't really matter.
Sep 29, 2008 4:55 PM

Sep 2008
I hate when an anime has a character that kills others without descretion but when it comes to the main character they just let them be right next to each other and touch and neither of them kills each other. I know it helps the plot (somewhat), but gets annoying afterawhile.

So if you call a monster's name they will disappear and the host will return. Thats a new one for me. Also lets not mention if you kiss a monster it dissapears from the host and you become the new monster.

I'm guessing that unknown woman and mysterious man who helped birdy in the past few eps is goona be like a council member or the col that they were tlaking about.

Anyways a good series, but was typical, but still good.
Sep 29, 2008 5:12 PM

Feb 2008
too bad about Nakasugi tho, i would have thought that someone would have told her that she and Tsutomu were going out and that she'd be more upset about her grandfather being dead than she was. also would've thought that Tsutomu would have taken another stab at going out with her since she seemed to be interested even before the Ryunka incident, but whatever, its not like this is a romance show so i guess it doesn't really matter.

he probably didnt wanna involve her anymore. plus he didnt have his body again. which means that he is subject to be involved in some crazy alien sh!t.

one would asume that untill the riunka fully matures, it can probably be forced out that way. plus it hadn't fully assimilated her body so anyways, they foudn it necessary not to dwell on the small details.

future prediction....nakasugi will regain her memories...hehe
kisamiSep 29, 2008 5:59 PM
Sep 29, 2008 5:26 PM

Feb 2008
Turbe said:
I hate when an anime has a character that kills others without descretion but when it comes to the main character they just let them be right next to each other and touch and neither of them kills each other. I know it helps the plot (somewhat), but gets annoying afterawhile.

So if you call a monster's name they will disappear and the host will return. Thats a new one for me. Also lets not mention if you kiss a monster it dissapears from the host and you become the new monster.
You had trouble with this and not the fact that Tsutomu and Birdy share a single body, not to mention slimy alien parasites and the Ryunka itself?
Please, when watching this kind of anime, anything and everything goes :)
Sep 29, 2008 6:49 PM

Jun 2007
Having nakasugi lose her memories was stupid in my opinion. O well, over all the show was good.

I expect the next season to be more about Birdy and Tsutomu's mind merging conflicts.
Sep 29, 2008 8:41 PM

Jan 2008
I cheered when the to becontinued message appeared. Really Love this series~ tsuzuku
Sep 29, 2008 8:48 PM

Dec 2007
A good ending for season 1. i enjoyed this serie
Sep 29, 2008 10:15 PM

Oct 2007
i'm glad i gave this series a chance... enjoyed more than i thought i would have... can't wait for the next season
Sep 30, 2008 12:05 PM

Jun 2008
I liked the ending, its leaves for a good place to start off next season...too bad about nakasugi, but i think its for the best. tetsumo and birdy together is all i needed to end this season.

Sep 30, 2008 3:46 PM

Aug 2007
It ended fairly well, leaving it at a good place for the next season. And indeed, its a shame about Nakasugi. Oh well. At least he still has Birdy. :D

I actually enjoyed TBD quite a bit.

Overall, gets a 7/10 from me.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Sep 30, 2008 9:02 PM

Oct 2007
Wow this was horrible and cliche. Tsutomu considers selling out the human race multiple times so he can spend time with Nakasugi. Forced plot device to get Tsutomu back into Birdy's body. Memory loss has never been done before. Love wins all again. Bad animation. Tsotomu is also such a horrible protoganist, in that he helps cause all of this and just stupid throughout.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Oct 5, 2008 3:40 PM

Jul 2007
Oct 8, 2008 8:18 PM
Mar 2008
This was a great series. Chance for Tsutomu x Birdy or x Natsumi. Sayaka and him had some good moments, but I was never really into her in the first place. Cute date pics tho lol. Sayaka losing her memories and leaving, I think was good because next season they would just be gettin it on the whole time or something with that same idea. Also thought that Tsutomu's convincing to Sayaka was slowing down the Ryunka's full take over which gave enought time to transfer it over to himself.
Oct 13, 2008 10:18 PM

Dec 2007
Definitely one of my favorite series from the spring/summer season, even though the ending was a bit cheap. More or less everything else about the show was great. I love Birdy and Tsutomu, and the premise is fun. Can't wait for the next season.

Nov 7, 2008 9:39 PM

Apr 2007
The ending was a little predictable and anti-climatic, but I still enjoyed the series overall. Birdy has also become one of my favorite characters <3

I'm really glad they decided to make another season. It seems like it will focus on what happened in the OVA or at least something similar to it. I still can't wait :D

7/10
Jan 18, 2009 4:05 PM

Oct 2008
Oh, it was that simple...

Jan 27, 2009 1:15 PM

Mar 2008
i think ryunka is probally going to be back in second season, don't know y
Apr 13, 2009 2:26 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
A simple end is fine too. I liked the anime, hope season two will be solid as well. 8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 6, 2011 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
That was a great ending. Obviously Tsutomu didn't know they'd repair his body for a second time, considering the fact that it seemed they didn't give much of a damn about the humans later on. Sayaka losing her memory was bittersweet but oh well.

I sensed a bit of an innuendo at the end there, unless that's just me being dumb. I also liked the cutaway to the ending theme, that was well done.
Mar 9, 2011 9:48 AM
Jan 2010
I would've given it a 7 if they actually had had the balls to kill off the MC.

It's also interesting how one word from MC is enough to dissolve the final boss.
May 17, 2011 11:17 AM

Feb 2008
A predictable ending for what would have been a solid series. K, last episode's blocky animation didn't help things too.

Oh well, onwards to season 2.
Jul 22, 2011 12:50 PM

May 2011
ehh i hate how they added the memory loss to Sayaka to get rid of her. Imo they didnt need to do that.
Time to start Season 2!
Sep 9, 2011 6:55 PM

Dec 2008
Decent mid-ending but I think theres two complaints people are missing...

-What the f**k is the deal with the other alterian agent? She wanted that Ryunka so bad, and yet freaks out when it's activated. I suppose it's implied she wanted to see how it worked for the lols, but it's vaguely implied. Also, She tries to bribe nechla, Nechla says "See you in court" and thats it with her? HUH?

-Also, what was Birdy doing ENTERING THE EARTHS ATMOSPHERE at episodes beginning? Wasn't she back on earth in the previous episode? CONTINUITY, WHATS THAT?
Jul 1, 2012 1:31 AM

Dec 2009
Dam, I always hate to see a good person lose their love interest. I feel bad for Tsutomu.
Jul 18, 2012 12:17 AM
Mar 2011
It was an ok series; nothing that really stood out other than the nice animation towards the beginning and catchy op / ed songs.
Really prefer the 90s ova thus far and hope the second season dives into it with Revi, Gomez, and more Hayamiya with Tsutomu.
Nov 18, 2012 8:47 PM

Nov 2011
Overall, it was an alright series for me. I didn't expect that there would be romance but it did. The science fiction part seemed unrealistic but was somewhat entertaining to watch. This episode was also emotional involving Sayaka and what she's been through. Ultimately, 7/10 for me.

Now to watch S2!
Dec 27, 2012 5:34 PM

Aug 2008
meh this show was bad, soo bad animation and art.
Jun 8, 2013 11:30 PM

May 2010
I would of preferred Senkawa, Tsutomu just stayed dead.
Jul 8, 2013 12:48 PM

May 2012
Well that was actually quite a good ending for this first season! Perhaps a harsh one for some of the relation lovers but well for the actual story it ended quite good! So I wonder what the next season has to offer actually!
Sep 2, 2013 5:10 AM

Nov 2009
I really enjoyed this series :). Not sure why it isn't more popular. I think the story and characters were interesting and unique and unraveled at a good pace. My only disappointment with it was that Sayaka lost her memory in the end. After being able to overpower the Reyuka because of her strong love for Tsutomu and everything they went through and she can't even remember him? And he didn't really seem to care? :3 At least there's room for this to be resolved in Season 2. Anyway, I really loved this series. On to Season 2 :D.
Sep 24, 2013 5:50 PM

Jan 2013
lakisa said:

Bitch, you know nothing about animation.

Anyways, alright first season. 7.5/10
I know the next one will be great.
Nov 12, 2013 2:24 AM

Nov 2009
RediceRyan said:
lakisa said:

Bitch, you know nothing about animation.

Anyways, alright first season. 7.5/10
I know the next one will be great.

I don't know why some people complain about the animation in Birdy. I thought it was unique and excellent. Just because something is outside the 'norm' doesn't mean it's bad. Oh well, to each their own.
Season 2 is awesome ^^
Dec 12, 2013 5:05 PM

Apr 2012
Shame most the interesting characters (villains/sidekicks) aren't seen again after ~episode 5. That leaves only the 3 Altans, and they take a backseat for much of the rest of the series, even Birdy... Everyone else is left paper thin.

At least the next season makes up for it.
Jan 7, 2015 11:28 PM

Jul 2012
Decent show, but it could have been handled better. Score is swaying between a 5 and 6 right now.

I really liked this show when it was less about the whole aliens and Reyuka thing. So, from episode 7, I was genuinely hooked. I liked the Sayaka x Tsutomu romance too. It's a breath of fresh air to see the male MC not be in love with the female MC (Birdy). But, I felt like this show was a bit too obscure (like with the aliens and Reyuka) and needed to be more simpler for me to understand it. I also dislike the art/animation. I normally don't talk about these things but this show was rather weak on it. Not to mention, this entire season was kind of forgettable and tasteless.

Season 2, let's go!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» BEST way to Enjoy Tetsuwan Birdy Series

Rustyze - Mar 2, 2016

8 by Jeehen »»
Nov 10, 2023 5:18 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ohmiharu - Jul 5, 2008

64 by PtitTete »»
Apr 10, 2023 1:19 AM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 12 Discussion

Jacut - Sep 21, 2008

30 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 14, 2021 2:18 PM

» Is this Shyamalan M. Night Shyamalan?

ran88dom99 - Nov 29, 2011

1 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 12, 2021 2:49 PM

Poll: » Tetsuwan Birdy Decode Episode 7 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Aug 20, 2008

26 by Punkero »»
Feb 15, 2021 4:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.