Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 13, 2012 12:06 PM
May 2012
The captain wouldn't do something reckless as that.

They have a strategy prepared for sure.

It won't work on vizard. But anyway, they have their mask, so...
Jun 13, 2012 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
I like it, i like these last few chapters. Never thought bleach is going to be this interesting again and this pace is perfect for bleach.

Quencies have my full support. I wonder how they will survive now that bankai's are gone. I know not everyone is going to die BUT i hope their won't be ridiculous plot shield. Kubo please keep going like this and at-least kill one or two captains, then come up with some decent idea to save others.
Jun 13, 2012 1:01 PM

Jul 2010
Emm...ok, so 4 captains lost their Bankai, Ichigo and friends are fighting with the other Quincy in HM.
I dont really think Quincy are so weak that they will loose with captains without Bankai on.Which means...SS in deep shiiiiiiii~.THOUGH i hope we will see Isshin and Ishida soon.

and Grimmjow :3.
Jun 13, 2012 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
Linkark07 said:

I wonder why they can't steal Ichigo's bankai while they can steal the taichous bankai. Hopefully we don't have to wait an entire year or two for have that answer.
I think it has to do with the Final Getsuga Tenshou, when Ichigo fused with Zangetsu... I think the effects have lingered through the Fullbring arc and Ichigo is probably still "one" with his powers, making it impossible to separate him from them.

Jun 13, 2012 1:22 PM

Dec 2011
So, I guess they need to destroy the thing that they use to absorb the Bankai.
Soifon's and Komamura's Bankai are just destructive power. Though it is a different story with Byakuya and Hitsugaya. They will have a hard time on this one.

I mentioned before, the Quincies are way too overpowered.
Ichigo's Bankai might not be sealed because of Fullbring recovery.

Though I won't be surprised if, the captains develop another Bankai. Ahaha.
Kenpachi really needs to save the day.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2012 1:24 PM

Jun 2012
Haters gonna hate.
Jun 13, 2012 1:24 PM

May 2010
Short chapter. Sooo, They stole Byakuya's bankai :O That's again something! Wonder what Shinigami's are up to now, coz they looked shocked after all :P
Jun 13, 2012 1:30 PM
Mar 2012
Junchi said:
"We know that quincies can seal away our bankai, so lets use bankai on them."
So I'm not the only one who thought that...

Jim_Heart said:
I just don't get it why Soifon did Bankai too ?
I dont think it's rational
Yeah, I thought that was weird, too.

Fai said:
The only way as Allon has shown is to just outright overpower them with physical strength or reiatsu till they die.
And Soi Fon was probably one of those who could have done that, and has a dangerous shikai - yet she uses bankai right away.

Fai said:
Inarius said:

Well Byakuya might not get raped since he can use all sorts of kidos.
which will do jack-shit to quincies, just as any reiatsu based attack(like GT did nothing to Kirge).
I wonder what everyone here expects Aizen to do then?
Kido should be useless, it's not sure whether he has bankai (not that it matters) and I doubt that the Quincies just sit and watch his release - and without that, there's no illusions. So yeah, he can try to hit them with the sword - oh wait, that doesn't work either.
Jun 13, 2012 1:42 PM

Sep 2010
lol has anyone else noticed that kubo never puts kenpachi in fights against opponents that use special abilities rather than just brute strength? Even during the fights with Tosen and the fullbringer Giriko. In both of those fights they stopped using their real powers and decided to take him on with plan old physical attacks which obviously don't work. I'm curious to see how he is going manage in a fight with these quincys. Who knows, maybe i'll like his character a bit more if i see him defeat someone that can do more than swing a sword or throw a punch.
Jun 13, 2012 1:58 PM

May 2011
ElenirLachlagos said:
I wonder what everyone here expects Aizen to do then?
Kido should be useless, it's not sure whether he has bankai (not that it matters) and I doubt that the Quincies just sit and watch his release - and without that, there's no illusions. So yeah, he can try to hit them with the sword - oh wait, that doesn't work either.

Ichimaru Gin said:
"Bein' able to use Kyouka Sugetsu ain't what makes Cap'n Aizen scary."
"'Cause all of his abilities are far beyond anyone else's. Guard against Kyoka Suigetsu? Nope. That ain't enough. Guard against everything else? Nope. Still ain't enough."
"Even if y'all use every bit of yer knowledge to guard against e'ery kind of misfortune like the sky fallin' or the earth bein' torn asunder, Cap'n Aizen's abilities will still be far beyond that."

Remember when Soifon connected her Shikai on Base Aizen and it didn't work?

On paper, logically, by word of the author, Aizen should've been dead after getting hit by her Shikai.

What did Aizen say?

"I'm stronger than you."

He's immortal, he will get his Shikai to work on them if it's the last thing he does. Also, if Byakuya can cut them, Aizen can. I don't think any amount of training from Byakuya could change that.
--

That all said, Aizen isn't appearing any time soon, if ever.
Kayaba-Jun 13, 2012 2:02 PM
Jun 13, 2012 2:03 PM

Apr 2009
here Ichingo and Kenpachi will kick some ass..

though i hope we will see the other vizards
Jun 13, 2012 2:07 PM

Jul 2007
hungry_bunny said:
Linkark07 said:

I wonder why they can't steal Ichigo's bankai while they can steal the taichous bankai. Hopefully we don't have to wait an entire year or two for have that answer.
I think it has to do with the Final Getsuga Tenshou, when Ichigo fused with Zangetsu... I think the effects have lingered through the Fullbring arc and Ichigo is probably still "one" with his powers, making it impossible to separate him from them.

There's also the thing about Ichigo being of "true blood" as stated by Grand Fisher.

So most likely there's reason in his bloodline on why as well as the nature of his bankai and why his whole family seems to have getsu-swords.

Linkark07 said:
Jim_Heart said:
I dont think it's rational,,

well yeah, different story if that only for "observe" 'quincy's power,,

Agree. Didn't Soi Fon hate her bankai?; why should she use it?

her bankai design changed. most likely she improved it.

hitsugaya's bankai also no longer had petals.

-Shuda- said:
As many have brought up, KENPACHI would love this situation lol.

Any way, Bleach seriously needs more panels.

So 4 Bankai's get stolen. Ukitake and Shuunsui are still in the game, Ichigo is immune and I wonder if they can steal Resurrección's. If not, Ichigo/Urahara's crew making an entrance with Grimmjow R2, Halibel, Nel and a few hundred Arrancar would be fun to witness. (Just wishful thinking here ^^, The Quincies should technically slaughter everyone except Ichigo, Urahara and Grimmjow R2 any way.)

The Aizen card most likely will be saved for later. It's pointless to release him this early, if ever.

Also, Yoruichi would actually be effective in this situation (with her pure physical prowess and fighting style). Maybe it's time for her to show up? Another thing, if Ichigo is immune, would Isshin be immune as well?

It seems like these fights will be dragged out, I hope we get to see some serious casualties on both sides.

Quincies can outright absorb beings too. Just absorbing bankais seems to be more of a conscious decision in order to be able to kill shinigami.
Jun 13, 2012 4:28 PM

Sep 2009
imperlast said:

did anyone els notice the swastica

i find it odd it was put in though we know ichigo usualy has one some place in some form

It isn't a swastika that you are thinking of; ppl need to do some research before saying things about delicate subjects.
Ichigo's bankai hilt has it.

Fai said:

Oh look, yet another one who can't be bothered to learn about stuff he is reading.

Its a kanji meaning BAN

^ This; it is a Buddhist symbol with several meanings.

Jun 13, 2012 4:30 PM
Oct 2010
Jouten said:
I must say, the Quincy are being hyped up as the most powerful enemies ever. I wonder if any of the captains will die in the coming battle without their Bankais?

me too. hope its not any of the good ones tho D:

-Ange_L said:
Then Kenpachi comes surely he doesnt need a bankai XD

lmao i know right. still waiting for him to show up in one chapter (soon i hope) and tear a few of these guys a new asshole
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 13, 2012 4:33 PM

Sep 2009
Bankai stealing is a new change of pace; this arc is showing some promise.
I wonder if the Quincies can use the bankai they steal? Of course, still dunno why Ichigo is unaffected by it.
The Quincy leader prolly knew Ichigo wouldn't be affected which is why he decided to attack Soul Society with him in Hueco Mundo.

Jun 13, 2012 5:04 PM

Jan 2011
kinda glad i didn't see Ukitake use his Bankai yet because it would be a waste just to see it get stolen right away lol
Jun 13, 2012 5:35 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fai said:
imperlast said:
did anyone els notice the swastica

i find it odd it was put in though we know ichigo usualy has one some place in some form

Oh look, yet another one who can't be bothered to learn about stuff he is reading.

Its a kanji meaning BAN

It's not a kanji. It has a kanji reading though.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 13, 2012 6:39 PM

Feb 2011
Meh, was a bit too fast paced compared to the previous chapters.
Jun 13, 2012 6:43 PM

Oct 2007
Fai said:
Zodiac_Prince said:

aaaaaaaaaaaand through the use of plot armor, Ichigo somehow isn't affected at all by this maneuver. ughh....its always Ichigo -_-

Not plot armor.

He is not just immune for sake of immunity. We have already seen that "-getsu" line of swords seems to be unique and persist through kurosaki family. This arc is supposed to reveal all msiteries behind Ichigo's birth and specialness.

And i thought it's beause his bankai was sealed or something like that into his shinigami badge.

Jim_Heart said:
I dont think it's rational,,

well yeah, different story if that only for "observe" 'quincy's power,,

dont worry, soifon's bankai is a bazooka, so it's worse than her non-bankai skill :D

her death blow will succeed with ease over the silly bazooka XD

I hate to see Knepachi always dodge the plot when it's clear he would dominate it.
1st of all i wonder if they bring out a kenpachi bankai without him knowing he had any. XD
Also, seriously, he should be able to mash up all those quincies alone, that's how strong the plot described him so far.

So did the captains somehow forsee this and train 6 months for the quincies and not the fullbringers?

Oh god, what an awful lot of time to wait to get the full and real answers! T_T
JudgeRuthlessJun 13, 2012 7:00 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2012 7:33 AM

Nov 2010
-Ange_L said:
Then Kenpachi comes surely he doesnt need a bankai XD

was thinking the same thing hahaha (and all the other people never releasing their bankai hahaha)
Jun 14, 2012 9:25 AM
Feb 2012
LOL loved this chapter...especially the faces on the captains faces after all there Bankai got stolen lmao...xD

Well doubt the captain are out of it yet...they'll be more to come from them....though I don't know how they'll defeat the Quincy opponents exactly....especially if they release into there other forms.

Can't wait to see the other Captains, as others of said Kenpachi should have no problems....and possibly the Vaizard.

I was hoping to see Ichi finish of that guy today....next week may be....I hope..
Jun 14, 2012 2:13 PM

Jul 2011
For Now only the captains Wizard can do something against the Quincy !!
Jun 15, 2012 5:04 AM

Jan 2008
Aww, it is sad that Captains' Bankai are being stolen! But I like the part when they ask their vice-captains to watch & identify the method Quincy use. It sounds so like in a war.

Read through my journey on attempting the challenge in MAL blog!

Jun 15, 2012 9:48 PM
Jul 2011
Kubo is outstripping every chapter! I can not wait for the next! Also I soon discover the secret behind this "theft of Bankais"! D:
Jun 17, 2012 9:41 PM

Aug 2008
Well, they're fucked.
I'm all for deaths and all, but killing cool characters, in this case, the Captains, is a shame :p
Jun 18, 2012 7:38 AM

Jul 2009
A very nice twist there
Jun 18, 2012 8:43 AM

Jul 2011
That was a cheap trick >.> but Kenpachi gonna get em hard xD
Jun 21, 2012 1:29 PM
Sep 2011
4 captains down in two pages. THATS FREAKIN EPIC.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MrsRoyMustang&sclick=1]
Feb 21, 2014 10:56 PM

Nov 2011
LOL, did they just figure that out? For some reason, this reminds me of Yugioh 5d's final arc when there were a group of antagonists who can steal Synchro Monsters.
May 21, 2014 4:23 PM

Oct 2013
Sep 14, 2016 3:17 AM

Jun 2016
They can just easily steal bankai, ftw!
Jun 8, 2017 8:00 AM

Feb 2013
Goodbye to Bankai.
Sep 7, 2022 7:01 AM

Apr 2021
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.