Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 18, 2012 7:24 AM

Sep 2011
MorningGlory said:
^
nice info right there. I appreciate that ^^

Your welcome, only know it cause it is a habit you pick up quick with new year with the carbide shooting done over here.

Didn't know about the IR jammers, so that was a nice bit of new info.
There used to be a real me, but I had it surgically removed

Jun 18, 2012 9:19 AM

Jun 2011
Kokoooo you're just too awesome!! xD
Jun 18, 2012 6:42 PM

Jan 2012
Nice epi. Awesome air battle.
Jun 22, 2012 5:52 PM

Apr 2008
What sound does a dragon make....Grooaaaar! lol
Jul 5, 2012 2:09 AM

Jan 2010
Koko is a dragon xDDD
"Groooaaaaaaar"...hahahahaha xDDD
MisaolaJul 5, 2012 2:12 AM
Oct 1, 2012 3:01 PM

Feb 2012
one of the best episodes so far
Oct 16, 2012 4:22 PM

Jul 2008
Oh I wished Jonah offed that SOB...

Koko is loco and...

Lehm is just creepy.
Nov 14, 2012 2:40 PM

Jun 2009
To those, who don't believe in airplane-mounted artillery, read this. Caliber is usually smaller though and I don't think it can be mounted in ten minutes, like in this episode. But still, almost plausible.

I'd rather like to know why the hell did those serbianexcuse me, I mean, Country T's rebels waited patiently for the plane to take off instead of blowing it away with a simple freakin' RPG?
AdovNov 14, 2012 2:49 PM
Dec 12, 2012 11:37 PM

Jun 2012
That was so cool, this series never ceases to amaze me.
5/5.

Jan 16, 2013 6:52 PM

Sep 2011
Koko acting as a dragon was freaking awesome! :D
Apr 16, 2013 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
Misaola said:
Koko is a dragon xDDD
"Groooaaaaaaar"...hahahahaha xDDD

Hmm, makes you want to be her bodyguard just to see her loco.
Apr 24, 2013 5:40 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode!
That explosion by Mao was fantastic!
Should of shot that guy from diving.
Koko plans is very well!
5/5
Jan 17, 2014 5:13 AM

Jul 2013
that was awesome!! that freaking military guy deserves to die though
Mar 2, 2014 2:41 AM
Nov 2013
This show is growing on me, this was a great arc. I'm finding that while Jormungand looks like an action show on the surface, the action is actually what I'm enjoying least about it. It's not bad (most of the time *cough* episode 3 *cough*) but it's not too great and IMO it's totally outshined by the story, and especially the characters. There's not a character I don't like, and there are many that I really do. Koko in particular is an awesome, unusual protagonist, as is Jonah. Character development of Jonah and Koko has been great so far, and the relationships between the team members are all a joy to watch. The humor in this show is spot on for me. The pacing is great, and I find that the art, while not amazing at first glance, really shines in the facial expressions. I really enjoy the little romances between Koko and Jonah, and Koko and Valmet as well. Koko is fun to watch in any situation, she can be very cute or incredibly badass and in control when the situation calls for it. This arc bumped it up a point in my book, 8/10 so far.
May 1, 2014 4:06 PM

Apr 2014
I'm enjoying this series so far, but one thing that bothers me is that how everyone that isn't in Koko's team seems to have the worst aim ever. Seriously, how did they not manage to get at least grazed by a bullet while firing at around 20 armed soldiers? I know, plot armor and all, but my suspension of disbelief isn't really working here, as this is presented as at least a somewhat realistic series.

Other than that, this is a pretty good show. That ending was adorable, Koko the Dragon~
Aug 20, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2012
Just what the hell is the point of buying, for $5 million, information on where a criminal is whose reward for capture is $5 mil. It just doesn't make sense.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Jan 11, 2015 8:34 AM
Jun 2013
hot dam they shot the crap out of everyone. I get koko wanted to make the guy suffer but she kinda took a chance that he wouldint kill his hostage. nice schokolade butt shot by the way. I have a feeling the team will eventually meet a an actual threat since so far they have steamrolled over everyone.
Jan 11, 2015 8:39 AM
Jun 2013
Orochimaru9 said:
Just what the hell is the point of buying, for $5 million, information on where a criminal is whose reward for capture is $5 mil. It just doesn't make sense.

well theres also the credit one gets for taking down a high level criminal. The 5 mil part was koko putting the screws to scarecrow since she know money wise hes not getting anything.
Mar 15, 2015 2:55 PM

Feb 2015
Another great episode...

Koko imitiating a dragon at the end was funny.
Apr 3, 2015 8:18 PM

Jul 2009
Holy crap that episode was freaking AWESOME! Before anything else I wanna say I'm REALLY enjoying the music! Really adds to the excitement :D
Anyway pretty intense fight ... although seriously, taking ALL of their men down and nobody got hit at all?! That's going a little too far, but well it happens in movies all the time too XD Best part was loading up that artillery ... I thought at first Mao would shoot them from the base. I didn't realize they'd bring it with them! Holy crap though their jamming and then raining those darts down was so freaking legit! Mao really showing his skills eh :P Not to mention blowing up the car to save Riviere XD Also Koko making dragon noises! Graaahhh! XD
Pretty smart of her to sell the location to Scarecrow (or at least try to!). So did she end up selling it to both of them? :O Pretty smart of her to call the girl (I forget her name >_<) right after she was refused by Scarecrow only to get him to pay for it too lol XD
A bit of talk about Koko's father too. I wonder if he'll become more relevant in the next (and last) arc? We shall see! :O
Sep 2, 2015 4:55 PM

May 2012
Pretty epic episode! Quite liked the ending, let's see what's next.
Dec 21, 2015 12:09 AM

Jan 2015
Saved the docs huh :/
Feb 27, 2016 9:51 AM

Feb 2015
Yumekichi11 said:

Jorgumand impresses once again with another episode. If the directing was not smooth with fan service and a slow progression towards total adrenaline pumping and creaming this episode. WOW! It’s like a total perfect setup. Think of episode 9 and this one. Fan service (short), action start up with a plot and NOW this episode total action heat-up with a nice resolution. EXCELLENT DIRECTING! A most deserving shout for Vol 5 of this series. A rather excellent execution so far done. Might edit later.

the heck are you talking about? "fanservice"? where?

Electromistress said:
Man, do these fuckers EVER get shot?
Saturday morning cartoon main characters get hurt more often, ffs.

And that unexisting cannon recoil. What kinda stupid idea is to put an artillery on a cargo plane anyway? Not even the freaking B-17 Flying Fortress could pull that off.

But oh well. I've long ago concluded that this anime is to be watched as a low quality fiction show for kids.

just pure yes. the main character shield in here is so strong i can feel it. and it's suffocating me.

MorningGlory said:

because the attractor field doesn't allow them to die.
I thought Lutz get his butt hit a few episode ago.

yeah and valmet got hit in the leg. look how much damage it did to the crew.

koelkastmagneet said:
rebelakuma said:
But I am wondering what was the purpose of Mao's instruction to close your ears and opening your mouth... and the infrared jammer was cool. I didn't know such thing exist.. hehe.

To equalize the pressure on the eardrums and help prevent them from getting deaf with the lack of decent ear protection.

thankyouthankyouthankyou so much! made reps to you bro :)
-------
this was the best episode so far for me. and maybe the dragon dude was meant to annoy the audience but i really could feel nothing but pity for the guy. and when the doctor said to himself "He's like a kindergartner" when he was screaming in the phone, i felt for him even more. his life was lost by 10 years old, and he's been in the dirty side of life ever since. and war is one of the worst places to be on the dirty side of life, especially for a child, but adult-wise as well.

koko is one strange d00d, saving those doctors. maybe she plans on using their gratitude later on.

the plane scene was nice, and i stared open mouthed at the arrow bomb. amazing. but come on a infrared jammer saved them? in that case all planes should use jammers and no-one would die. i know this is fiction but come on it's really pulling the fiction to its limits.

perhaps if the crew actually received casualties (or at the very least almost did) i'd be more interested in the weapons they're using.
Jan 25, 2017 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
You don't mess with Koko and then expect you'll get away with it!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 23, 2018 1:28 AM

Dec 2017
I really liked Koko's allusion of humanity to dragons. The comparison of humanity's greed and gluttony to the ferocity of an evil dragon guarding its treasure commonly seen in mythology was a very interesting comparison and one that is not too far off. Pretty great writing there.
Sep 20, 2019 5:31 PM

Mar 2018
Wow those flechette rounds are so disgusting lol

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Aug 9, 2020 9:41 PM

May 2020
Seeing Koko fan service is the best spot. I like Koko is strategy so deep amd structured. Get a rampage by Koko, Dragon had been hunt down.
Dec 1, 2020 6:57 PM

Jul 2017
Another damn good episode, and had some of the best action too of the show so far + some absolutely kickass music to go along with it. The talk about humanity and how people who are too involved with the world of murder and bloodshed no longer represent humans but turn into dragons is really interesting, and fitting too for the kind of world they live in.
Mar 14, 2021 8:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
At one point someone in Koko's team has to get injured for the immersion not to be ruined. Yes, they're an awesome crew, but you don't get to be on big gunfight against one of those nasty Balkan paramilitary units back in the day and not take serious casualties.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 4, 2022 2:14 PM

May 2016
Koko literally bullying Baldrag XD.
loved the dragon acting at the end with the childish Koko act.
Aug 28, 2023 6:14 AM

Nov 2010
Yeah, Koko's elite guards are superhuman, and their enemy's accuracy becomes even worse than Stormtrooper from Starwars in CQC. Haha
The shootout in the skies was kind of tense.
That's why she didn't want Dragon killed.
I wish I had Koko's luck in real life. Everything is always going her way without a hitch so far.
Nov 3, 2023 6:28 AM

Jun 2020
I was scared that they gonna kil Mao after explained his familiy good that it didint happened
Feb 2, 1:48 PM

Jan 2012
yeah no changes in status quo ever only an endless controllable conflict it's even an insult, cuckoo-chan
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 26, 2012

164 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - May 8, 2012

93 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:15 PM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Apr 10, 2012

227 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:49 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 19, 2012

99 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:02 AM

Poll: » Jormungand Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Jun 5, 2012

94 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 27, 2023 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.