MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Jun 4 - 10
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Jun 4 - 10

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
06-12-12, 2:13 PM

CapnDavid said:
Gundam wins over one piece this time, now that's surprising.

I don't think it's surprising that an OVA that has consistently sold 180k for 4 volumes (and this 5th will be there before too long) is going to sell better than a TV series that always sells about 2-3k a disc. =P
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

06-12-12, 2:37 PM

Well, I would say that Acchi Kocchi is definitely enjoyable to watch and funny, but not something I would buy.

And I'm glad Moretsu Pirates seems to be doing well. :)

Seems like Blood-C's music is getting some hits. Not going to watch it just for that though. >>

06-12-12, 2:49 PM

MM-Rosiie said:
Seems like Blood-C's music is getting some hits. Not going to watch it just for that though. >>

Mizuki Nana power. I doubt most of the people buying it care anything about Blood-C, since she has an enormous following all her own. She just passed Hayashibara Megumi as having the most Oricon Top 10 singles of any seiyuu ever.

06-12-12, 4:03 PM

well.. nothing interesting this week..

06-12-12, 8:33 PM

How are the pre-orders doing for this season? I am particularly interested in Sankarea's performance because I feel like that is one show in which the effort put in by the director, staff, and even author is quite apparent. Everything from the art palette to the anime-original content was well done, and this is coming from someone who read the manga and is really picky about his adaptations. If there is one show that I feel deserves to sell well, it is Sankarea.

Also delicious Wanko is full of carnal sin deliciousness. Yahagi Sayuri's voice here is absolute ear sex. She needs to have more roles.

06-12-12, 8:47 PM

>*1, 3,192 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead

I guess that means no third season? I think that's around the amount the first season sold, so maybe I'm wrong.

06-12-12, 8:56 PM

Exkalamity said:
How are the pre-orders doing for this season? I am particularly interested in Sankarea's performance because I feel like that is one show in which the effort put in by the director, staff, and even author is quite apparent. Everything from the art palette to the anime-original content was well done, and this is coming from someone who read the manga and is really picky about his adaptations. If there is one show that I feel deserves to sell well, it is Sankarea.

Also delicious Wanko is full of carnal sin deliciousness. Yahagi Sayuri's voice here is absolute ear sex. She needs to have more roles.

I'm no jmal but I can say that Sankarea doesn't look too well, according to the Amazon stalker website: (everyone interested in sales and knows decent japanese should bookmark this)
http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index2.cgi?sort=rankup

It's projected to sell around ~2,000 copies so not good for a second season unless manga sales increase dramatically (such as Chihayafuru getting a second season, also sells roughly 2000 copies but manga sales got a huge spike post-anime airing)

Other stuff (can anyone tell me what happened to the Mania.com forums, was their a virus or is google being paranoid?)

Nyaruko-san - About 9,000-10,000 BD sales so it's definitely going to sell well and great chance for another season
Hyouka - Also around 9,000 - Which is weird given Kadokawa's RIDICULOUS pricing (11 volumes = 7,980 or almost $90 for 2 episodes!)
Jormungand - 3,000-ish sales so decent but not really important given it's a split two cour series and it'll animate the whole manga.
AKB0048 - Hahaha disappointment, only ~4,500 copies projected and this is AKB48 we're talking about - I was expecting at least 20,000...
Kuroko no Basuke - Nice, nice numbers! DVDs projected to sell around 5,000 and Blu-rays roughly the same soo...10k? It'll drop, but YES! Best show deserves it!
Sakamichi no Apollon - Better than most noitaminA series but Watanabe/Kanno names don't really matter to the Japanese: projected sales are about ~4,500.
Tsuritama - Hard to know because of the Aniplex/Amazon issue (BD-only) but DVDs are projected to sell ~2,000.
Eureka Seven: AO - 5,000 copies which is decent but Bones series tend to drop big afterwards.
Nazo no Kanojo X - Around 2,500 copies again like Sankarea: If the manga does way better than second season possible.
ZETMAN - 1,000 copies and the first volume has an event ticket, so it'll be much lower.
**Black Rock Shooter BD-Box - Around 4,500-5,000 decent for it I guess.
Kimi to Boku 2 - First season averaged 1,500 so roughly the same..

All these numbers can change dramatically..so...grain of salt.
Modified by webkid94, 06-12-12, 9:01 PM
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE

06-13-12, 1:39 AM

AKB first volume is very very cheap (around 2000yen I believe?) and only sold ~3000 atm

yeah smells like failure, hope it will make satelight to use more hand drawn animations instead of lazy CG-crap

06-13-12, 2:44 AM

Told you guys when Gundam Unicorn comes out it is always at the top for both blu-ray and dvd no matter what. I'm actually surprised that it is second place for Single CD too.

06-13-12, 3:26 AM

I still don't understand why Moretsu Pirates sells twice as much as Rinne no Lagrange.

06-13-12, 6:48 AM

Could someone explain the two columns to me? i know one is cumulative sales, but what is the other?

06-13-12, 6:52 AM

PhantomEX said:
Could someone explain the two columns to me? i know one is cumulative sales, but what is the other?

1 - sales for this week
2 - total sales for all weeks it ranked

What's the problem?

06-13-12, 6:57 AM

webkid94 said:
Other stuff (can anyone tell me what happened to the Mania.com forums, was their a virus or is google being paranoid?)

It got stuck under their badware thing, but you should be able to bypass that and get in. some are reporting it's been removed from the list now but I haven't confirmed yet. Almost certainly some bad (or thought to be bad) ads got served up so you're probably find if you run noscript or block ads or something.

Hyouka - Also around 9,000 - Which is weird given Kadokawa's RIDICULOUS pricing (11 volumes = 7,980 or almost $90 for 2 episodes!)

The per volume price is not all that high, but being 2 episodes a disc sucks when a show is two cour like Hyouka. I'm still buying it though, it's too brilliant to pass up, no matter how disgusted I am with Kadokawa's pricing (I imported Nichijou too, god, fuck Kadokawa so much).

AKB0048 - Hahaha disappointment, only ~4,500 copies projected and this is AKB48 we're talking about - I was expecting at least 20,000...

Well, more indication that big fanbase doesn't automatically mean big sales. Or that using rookie members made it harder to tap into the core fanbase that buyer a million copies a single. Making it a bit more damning is that it's an incredibly cheap release, and they slapped a "buy all 5 volumes for an event ticket" bonus on the series. That said it's been ranking well in the past week or so, and it has an unusually short time between solicitation and release, so Stalker's estimate might not be too accurate. I'm just really disappointed at the lazy CG that's all over the show. Big part of why I dropped it. Satelight desperately needs to quit that. I might have grudgingly tolerated CG ships, maybe even the mechs, but CG dancing girls hell no.

One other show to mention is saki Achiga-hen, which has been performing very well (it's even been ahead of Hyouka a few times recently) ever since an event ticket was mentioned for Vol. 1. Problem is, event ticket bonuses inflate Vol. 1 sales relative to the rest so Vol. 2+ might do down a good bit. Really, really hoping for at the very least a 4-4.5k average for that show, and I'm importing it to try help it get there. I need my Side-B conclusion.

Progeusz said:
I still don't understand why Moretsu Pirates sells twice as much as Rinne no Lagrange.

They're just different shows. I'm importing both, and like them both a lot, but I like Mouretsu far, far, far more. I guess a good number of Japanese otaku agree. I fully expect that when 2012 is over, Mouretsu will be my #1 show of the year.

06-13-12, 9:56 AM

Am I wrong or Kore wa Zombie desu ka? of the Dead is selling really badly?

So, no third season?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

06-13-12, 9:59 AM

Orangespike said:
outlawauron said:
Sunrise is bathing in money.

I don't get how Unicorn does so incredibly well, whereas other Gundam series completely fall flat.

For reference Gundam seed sold ~58,500
Gundam Seed destiny ~68,000
(These are not first week sales, they are cumulative sales)

Gundam Unicorn is an OVA however, so It has a much different sales grouping than a Tv series. The same goes for Movies as well.

For instance a volume of One Piece anime generall sells ~50,000 cumulatively, however a One piece Movie sells ~300,000.
The Haruhi movie sold 130,000
EVA 2.22 sold 820,000
FMA: Shambala sold 180,000

The OVA of Hokuto no Ken sold ~20,000 copies where as the TV series sold 8,000
The Initial D OVA sold ~20,000 when the Tv series sold ~3000/volume

Gundam Unicorn is in a rather awkaward position where there isn't really anything to compare it's sales numbers to.

I know that movies tend to sell a lot more, but this is really a glorified 2-episode release every 6 months. It's not directly comparable.

That said, One Piece DVD volume sales don't even touch those numbers. xD

06-13-12, 10:04 AM

Immahnoob said:
So, no third season?

Selling about the same as season one, though it'll end up a bit less.

It got a second season despite bad anime sales because novel sales increased a lot. Whether it gets a third season with these sales depends on whether they think another season will increase novel sales yet higher. It's possible that the novel sales boost isn't going to go any higher just from more getting animated. In that case, there's no incentive to animate one, because people who started buying the novels because of the anime probably won't stop buying them just because the anime stopped. You've already hooked them as new customers.

You can get one sequel out of a late night anime with a big boost in original source material's sales. Getting two or more sequels without the anime being a profit-making in and of itself is less common.

06-13-12, 10:08 AM

jmal said:
Immahnoob said:
So, no third season?

Selling about the same as season one, though it'll end up a bit less.

It got a second season despite bad anime sales because novel sales increased a lot. Whether it gets a third season with these sales depends on whether they think another season will increase novel sales yet higher. It's possible that the novel sales boost isn't going to go any higher just from more getting animated. In that case, there's no incentive to animate one, because people who started buying the novels because of the anime probably won't stop buying them just because the anime stopped. You've already hooked them as new customers.

You can get one sequel out of a late night anime with a big boost in original source material's sales. Getting two or more sequels without the anime being a profit-making in and of itself is less common.

So, the chances are low... It's not like the show was something really that special, it was nice, and I usually like finishing up stories.

That's why I ALWAYS wait for sequels. Even on the things I rated average.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.

06-13-12, 12:09 PM

Nachtwandler_21 said:
PhantomEX said:

1 - sales for this week
2 - total sales for all weeks it ranked

What's the problem?

oh i see..so Unicorn sold 99k in one week..
thanks

06-13-12, 12:19 PM

God damn Unicorn is doing well, although I'm disappointed that Berserk has only sold 3k

06-13-12, 12:56 PM

> oh i see..so Unicorn sold 99k in one week...

145k actually. You didn't count DVD sales

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices