Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Jun 4 - 10

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

Jun 13, 2012 12:56 PM

> oh i see..so Unicorn sold 99k in one week...

145k actually. You didn't count DVD sales

Jun 13, 2012 1:19 PM

jmal said:
Immahnoob said:
Am I wrong or Kore wa Zombie desu ka? of the Dead is selling really badly?
So, no third season?

Selling about the same as season one, though it'll end up a bit less.

It got a second season despite bad anime sales because novel sales increased a lot. Whether it gets a third season with these sales depends on whether they think another season will increase novel sales yet higher. It's possible that the novel sales boost isn't going to go any higher just from more getting animated. In that case, there's no incentive to animate one, because people who started buying the novels because of the anime probably won't stop buying them just because the anime stopped. You've already hooked them as new customers.

You can get one sequel out of a late night anime with a big boost in original source material's sales. Getting two or more sequels without the anime being a profit-making in and of itself is less common.

Is this why we won't get Spice and Wolf 3 and TWGOK 3? Is this the cause of the two season curse?

Jun 17, 2012 8:08 PM

articuzwolf said:
AKB first volume is very very cheap (around 2000yen I believe?) and only sold ~3000 atm

yeah smells like failure, hope it will make satelight to use more hand drawn animations instead of lazy CG-crap

That's cause they didn't include hand job tickets.... err i mean hand shake tickets with the purchase. ;)

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]