MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Girls, are you fine showing bikini but not underwear in public?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Current Events »» Girls, are you fine showing bikini but not underwear in public?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
#1
06-10-12, 1:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2423
I found a women logic meme and that brings me back to my long time curiosity.

My question to females.
a) Do you have same kind of logic? or
b) Are you okay with both? or
c) You found it pretty stupid?

for me. the answer is C. I never wore bikini neither i have planned to, ever.. Culture difference or whatever but i even found it embarrassing when i see someone else doing that, and I keep wondering when i see every anime girl with same logic.

or is there anyone can explain me some big difference between underwear and bikini which caused this logic to begin with.

Also one more thing i never understand about skirts and underwear. I think Maki (minami-ke) summed up pretty well. so let me post that instead.

 
#2
06-10-12, 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1746
I can't say I have ever met a woman who would feel shy in her underwear but would choose to wear a bikini.
Beg to report, Sir...
 
#3
06-10-12, 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4370
These are 2 different things.

You buy a bikini knowing that people will see you in it, you buy it with that reason in mind.

When you buy underwear that isn't the case, you buy something you really like/thinks cute, at most you only want 1 person to see it, it's a lot more personal.

It's definitely not stupid at all.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
 
#4
06-10-12, 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2731
Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, echi!!
 
#5
06-10-12, 2:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1122
NicoleB said:
These are 2 different things.

You buy a bikini knowing that people will see you in it, you buy it with that reason in mind.

When you buy underwear that isn't the case, you buy something you really like/thinks cute, at most you only want 1 person to see it, it's a lot more personal.

It's definitely not stupid at all.


I think you're pretty much spot on. Its weird though, there are some women who deliberately have some of their underwear showing (kinda slutty if you ask me...) and they're probably the kind who like wearing bikinis in summer. On the other hand, there are women like me who would be utterly mortified if anyone other than their partner saw them in their underwear and wouldn't even consider wearing a bikini. Ever. I'm guessing it all comes down to a woman's confidence, but no, I don't think its stupid at all.
 
#6
06-10-12, 2:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 1532
Can't really say much on this topic, but what anime is that in the spoiler?
 
#7
06-10-12, 2:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2836
Underwear is generally not great to be wearing in public, for a few reason. It's either Really Functional, like borning, dull and big. Or sexy, like frills with see through bits. And then lets not forget the silly patterns like cows, and such ( I have a pair of panties with cows on, they are awesome ^_^) So being seen it it, is just way no.

But Bikini is designed to be worn in the swimming pool, it does not go see through if it gets wet, does not have frills of any kind and generally looks nicer.

So yeah. It's not a body issue, at least not for me. People are going to see what they are going to see, but No way would I like to be seen in a comfy bra and pants in public.

Difference is something like

Modified by Elvellonwen, 06-10-12, 2:49 PM
 
#8
06-10-12, 2:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4370
Woebegone said:
Can't really say much on this topic, but what anime is that in the spoiler?


Minami-ke

Olpho-Kodoso said:
And then lets not forget the silly patterns like cows, and such ( I have a pair of panties with cows on, they are awesome ^_^)


Yeah, I've got some like that, with likes love hearts or cute little animals and such, I'd die if anyone saw me in them though D:
Modified by Nicole, 06-10-12, 2:53 PM
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
 
#9
06-10-12, 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2836
NicoleB said:
Olpho-Kodoso said:
And then lets not forget the silly patterns like cows, and such ( I have a pair of panties with cows on, they are awesome ^_^)


Yeah, I've got some like that, with likes love hearts or cute little animals and such, I'd die if anyone saw me in them though D:


Tell me about it, I love my cow undies, but unless they are a special someone, no way would I want people seeing them.

Also, try and get rid of that double post Not generally a done thing in GD.
 
06-10-12, 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2731
I droped my pants on my last year of high school in front of 200 people, just my pants didn't take the short off.
This topic would be way more fun if people shared their experiences of being on their underwear in public.
 
06-10-12, 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4370
Dunno what you're talking about!
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
 
06-10-12, 2:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2423
NicoleB said:
These are 2 different things.
You buy a bikini knowing that people will see you in it, you buy it with that reason in mind.
When you buy underwear that isn't the case, you buy something you really like/thinks cute, at most you only want 1 person to see it, it's a lot more personal.
It's definitely not stupid at all.

I don't understand. If a girl can show off her bikini and if she buy very similar underware, why would be she emabbarased? I think they are pretty much the same thing. either you wouldn't want anyone to see your body and underware (except your partner of-course) or that logic will apply.

Allecto said:
I think you're pretty much spot on. Its weird though, there are some women who deliberately have some of their underwear showing (kinda slutty if you ask me...) and they're probably the kind who like wearing bikinis in summer. On the other hand, there are women like me who would be utterly mortified if anyone other than their partner saw them in their underwear and wouldn't even consider wearing a bikini. Ever. I'm guessing it all comes down to a woman's confidence, but no, I don't think its stupid at all.

And i think you are more spot on. you never consider wearing bikini and wouldn't want anyone to see you in your underware (except your partner). that logic make sense.

AnnoKano said:
I can't say I have ever met a woman who would feel shy in her underwear but would choose to wear a bikini.

I don't know either. Now i wonder if that meme logic only happens fictions?

edit:
Olpho-Kodoso said:
Underwear is generally not great to be wearing in public, for a few reason. It's either Really Functional, like borning, dull and big. Or sexy, like frills with see through bits. And then lets not forget the silly patterns like cows, and such ( I have a pair of panties with cows on, they are awesome ^_^) So being seen it it, is just way no.

But Bikini is designed to be worn in the swimming pool, it does not go see through if it gets wet, does not have frills of any kind and generally looks nicer.

So yeah. It's not a body issue, at least not for me. People are going to see what they are going to see, but No way would I like to be seen in a comfy bra and pants in public.

Difference is something like


So it's all about that frills designs and etc.. not body.. i see.
Modified by Han-yuu, 06-10-12, 3:02 PM
 
06-10-12, 2:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 696
I like wearing pickachu underwear,it makes me feel pretty irresistible
 
06-10-12, 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4370
It's not about them seeing your body, at all.

That's what you don't understand, I've worn a bikini before, I didn't really mind that much about being seen in it, or I wouldn't of wore it in the first place.

That still doesn't mean I'm gonna walk around a beach in my bra and panties, it's 2 completely different things.

Underwear is just a lot more personal.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
 
06-10-12, 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1122
Han-yuu said:

I don't understand. If a girl can show off her bikini and if she buy very similar underware, why would be she emabbarased?


Yes, underwear is more personal, but Han-yuu raises a good point: some underwear and bikinis look identical or at least very similar. The number of times I've gone clothes shopping and thought some bikinis looked suspiciously more like racy underwear. If they are so similar, its harder to draw the line between what is acceptable in public and what is not.
 
06-10-12, 3:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 4370
Well I don't usually go for the ones that look like they are underwear, so I can't comment there.

As I see it's a mentality thing, if I'm going to a beach or something and I'm wearing a bikini I know that I'm going to be seen in it, so I'm prepared for that.

I'm not prepared for my skirt to blow up and someone to see my panties.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
 
06-10-12, 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 9967
Two things which were already covered I think, but oh well. Bikinis are designed to get wet, when underwear get wet they become skin tight and potentially transparent. Skimpy bikinis do exist of course, but a lot of girls/women opt for bathing suits that are less revealing than the underwear/bras they normally wear.
 
06-10-12, 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2423
Han-yuu said:
Also one more thing i never understand about skirts and underwear. I think Maki (minami-ke) summed up pretty well. so let me post that instead.


No one actually commented on this.

If you feel embarrassed showing off your underwear then do you wear skirt? maybe you're not aware the fact that someone seen them. Also do you think those schools with short skirt uniform are actually doing sexual harassment, just like Maki said. :)
 
06-10-12, 3:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2836
Han-yuu said:

So it's all about that frills designs and etc.. not body.. i see.


Well, a lot of women have body issues, so yeah it might be that too. But I always say you should rock what you got.
 
06-10-12, 3:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
Men don't like going to work in their underwear ether as far as i know.

Han-yuu said:



Those school skirts are anime only privilege. And is no big deal if every once in a while someone took a glimpse. No reason to make big deal out of it.
 
Top
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices