Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 10, 2012 11:46 AM

Dec 2011
Zerakus said:
So, the way they were talking, they are also going to play the West and North rounds?

Manga readers, yes? No?

If so, man this is gonna get crazy

2 east/south hanchan, just like all the other nationals matches and the finals of the prefecturals.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 10, 2012 11:48 AM

Aug 2008
That's just a beginning of wiping the floor.
Actually, I wonder how Shiraitodai did the previous match.
I mean of course they must have wiped the floor, but how clean was it.
Did Teru just killed someone and end it in her own match?

We have no more than 4 episodes to go.
I wonder if Teru will end the match without having the rest of her team play.

Kuro needs to regain her existence in the next episode, but I'm not sure it will do her any good or not.

Zerakus said:
So, the way they were talking, they are also going to play the West and North rounds?

Manga readers, yes? No?

If so, man this is gonna get crazy

I think they'll play South and East again in the second half.
KaitoDashJun 10, 2012 12:16 PM
Jun 10, 2012 11:57 AM

Oct 2011
just saying - Teru is most boring character in this series
after all what was said (in-series) everyone knew that this will happen: she is destroying them like machine - maybe they will stop them, but I think it will end with even higher wins

but there is hope - interesting part will be to see how rest of them will try to fight later (later players I mean)

PS. Satomi Arai as that "horned" girl... that was so adorable :D now let her just tell "Onee-sama" to anyone, really it can even be some random guy and I will raise mark for this show by one
Dalek-bakaJun 10, 2012 12:00 PM
Jun 10, 2012 12:09 PM

Apr 2010
The one doing the commends drinks to much Red Bull she is hyper, not that i dislike that tho she makes for a good laugh.
Kiame Hanada also provides a good laugh with her marvellous commends not to mention Arai Satomi's voice adding to the humour.
This episode was mostly about Toki they don't seem to be focusing on the other players at all she might end up getting a whining strike during this fight after all.
Jun 10, 2012 12:26 PM

Jul 2010
Episode was focused on the other three players while Kuro was pretty much was a spectator here.

Dat arm of Teru. She should think of playing baseball with an arm like that.
Jun 10, 2012 12:38 PM

Sep 2009
I still think that Achiga would make it through semi-finals but this match is totally Toki vs Teru with Kirame on Toki's side.
Jun 10, 2012 12:46 PM

Nov 2007
This is only just the beginning. The later the match goes, the more extreme it is.

I'm shocked many people find this episode to be boring. Of course, it's nothing like the Saki main series match but people seems to don't like about a curb-stomp battle. I rather like curb-stomp battle especially when the opponents realizes that it's hopeless.

Also, Kuro did nothing at all. I agree with it should have been Senriyama to be the main girls.

And and and I just found out that Achiga would be extended up to 15 episodes. YAY! Hopefully, we'll see about the match of the next monster of the Shiraitodai team: "Fleeting Supernova" -- Oohoshi Awai. I have been curious about her since she's an expy of Mugi and her mahjong power involves her hair floating. I also want to see Kirame's team mates. They have... interesting hairstyles, and I bet they're more interesting than Achiga, really.
underMebiusJun 10, 2012 12:54 PM

Jun 10, 2012 1:54 PM
Apr 2011
Did you see that tornado arm?!!! @_@
Jun 10, 2012 1:54 PM

Jun 2008
I'm hoping Toki sets Kuro up for some mad dora hand against Teru. I mean the last two times she's played she has been useless. If they did that again I'd be so pissed. It's like fucking Miya Miya in Bamboo Blade who can't seem to catch a break.
Jun 10, 2012 2:41 PM

May 2012
Achiga's compeltely lost the spotlight. Which I'm fine with honestly. Senriyama is more interesting.

And, DUH Teru's going to win. Saki's the only one who's going to stand a chance against her. That's just how it obviously has to be.
Jun 10, 2012 2:41 PM

Jan 2009
SUBARA~
Teru can't be stopped, the rape will continue.
Jun 10, 2012 2:45 PM

Oct 2011
vampko said:
Achiga's compeltely lost the spotlight. Which I'm fine with honestly. Senriyama is more interesting.

And, DUH Teru's going to win. Saki's the only one who's going to stand a chance against her. That's just how it obviously has to be.

Teru plays as first, while Saki as last
so unless they can change positions (or they already did it) her opponent will be Yuuki... which won't be pretty :3
Jun 10, 2012 3:43 PM

May 2012
Dalek-baka said:
vampko said:

Teru plays as first, while Saki as last
so unless they can change positions (or they already did it) her opponent will be Yuuki... which won't be pretty :3

They even said that Teru's position was different than before. I'm pretty certain Saki's going up against Teru. I can't see them wasting that chance on Yuuki. Just like how she faced Koromo at the end of the semi-finals, she's going to be facing Teru at the end of the finals.
Saki's the main character, and as such gets the craziest battles.
Jun 10, 2012 4:20 PM

May 2011
Love the comentator.

And damn, Kuro is in the pinch!
Jun 10, 2012 4:28 PM

Dec 2008
I like how the episode is about Toki, but I wish Kuro at least did something. The entire match revolved around Teru and Toki until Hanada finally intervened. Hopefully Kuro will get her chance since she got raped last time. Oh...and Ryuuka and Toki need to have babehz together.
Jun 10, 2012 5:31 PM

Oct 2009
NghtmrSrph said:
SUBARA~
Teru can't be stopped, the rape will continue.

All on-board the rape train~!

kei78 said:
WAHAHA...what? i was sure it was here playing or it just sounds like her~Subara! xD

Those two will surely be great friends.
I can imagine the conversation:
Satomi: Wahaha
Kirame: Subarashi~

Oh and about whether there will be west round or not... What are the condition of additional match (+west round?) I mean, Kana still didn't give up on the south round second half against Koromo because she's wishing for west wind round, right?
Oohoshi_AwaiJun 10, 2012 6:07 PM
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Jun 10, 2012 7:58 PM

Jan 2011
poor Kuro didn't win once and it doesn't look like that will change she was pretty much the Extra caught between the crossfire of two Beast :_;
Jun 10, 2012 8:07 PM

Oct 2011
Finally we get to see Teru play! When she grabbed the table I though she was going to rip it apart like she does in the OP. And yeah I wished Kuro actually did something, I pretty much forgot she was at the table at some point.
Jun 10, 2012 8:33 PM

Feb 2008
I don't think you will be able to change position, Teru won't change.
Ace position is usually always first unless they have some special rules for final round.
We saw Yuuki play against Teru so let it be that way.
We still don't know how the other play, maybe the more national monster at same school.

How are they really able to finish this off when the manga is not even done yet? Rofl

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 10, 2012 8:51 PM

Apr 2010
Blackbird said:
How are they really able to finish this off when the manga is not even done yet? Rofl

Maybe they'll put some fillers or drag out Teru's match? I wouldn't mind either way.

But Teru is destroying everyone. Kuro is doing absolutely nothing. With her dora play style, it does make it hard. Senriyama's been having a lot of screentime too.

And the three new episodes are a plus! :D

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Jun 10, 2012 9:23 PM

Jul 2008
Blackbird said:
Ace position is usually always first unless they have some special rules for final round.
We still don't know how the other play, maybe the more national monster at same school.

The Yuuki vs Teru at the end of s1 was filler.
They took the initiative of showing this but we don't know how it'll happen in the manga and if a switch does occur in the manga I doubt that the anime will ignore it.
It's not like we're even close of knowing what will happen with that matter.
Jun 10, 2012 9:36 PM

Oct 2011
Thought Teru was gonna throw the mahjong table.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Jun 10, 2012 10:49 PM

Nov 2007
Maddo_scientisto said:
Blackbird said:

They took the initiative of showing this but we don't know how it'll happen in the manga and if a switch does occur in the manga I doubt that the anime will ignore it.

It might be a filler but if Kiyosumi and Shiraitodai would be facing of with each other, then it's certainly be Yuuki vs Teru.

They cannot change the lineup. When they said they changed the line up before, they changed the line up from last year, and that's the reason why Senriyama didn't stand up the chance agaisnt Shiraitodai.

Jun 11, 2012 12:09 AM

Jun 2009
Teru's awesome! And the focus totally shifted away from Kuro lol.
Jun 11, 2012 12:53 AM

May 2010
Come on Kuro dont get beasted on a again and toki too even is she from the other school
Jun 11, 2012 2:25 AM

Jun 2009
Why do you suck so much Kuro? oh wait, you're facing Teru so you get a pass this time.
Jun 11, 2012 5:41 AM

May 2012
If mahjong was this epic I' d definately play more often :/
I wish for Achiga to go to the finals >.<
beep
Jun 11, 2012 5:56 AM

May 2011
Teruteruteruteruteruteruteruteru :D teru is indeed amazing, but a little bit too amazing imo, it makes all the other players look too dull in comparison :(

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 11, 2012 6:27 AM

May 2008
SUBARA!

I want Kuro to win at least 1 hand. Even though it seems impossible. With Toki and Kirame disturbing the flow of Teru's game perhaps she would get something . after losing one match losing another would be a real heartbreaker.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 11, 2012 7:28 AM

Jul 2008
underMebius said:
Maddo_scientisto said:
Blackbird said:

It might be a filler but if Kiyosumi and Shiraitodai would be facing of with each other, then it's certainly be Yuuki vs Teru.

They cannot change the lineup. When they said they changed the line up before, they changed the line up from last year, and that's the reason why Senriyama didn't stand up the chance agaisnt Shiraitodai.

Oh right, I forgot that you know all the rules of the tournament...
Seriously, I'm not saying that they can change whenever they want but there may be exception when it's allowed or events in which it is and you cannot say that this is impossible.
Jun 11, 2012 9:59 AM

Dec 2011
KaitoDash said:

We have no more than 4 episodes to go

We have 6 episodes left actually.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 11, 2012 1:09 PM
Apr 2010
Lets go Kuro-Chan!
Jun 11, 2012 1:19 PM

Aug 2008
kuuderes_shadow said:
KaitoDash said:

What? There are 15 episodes? Never heard of it. How did you know?
Jun 11, 2012 4:05 PM

Sep 2010
KaitoDash said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
KaitoDash said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=450609

Three Additional Episodes of Saki Achiga-hen Announced
2e16nig.png
Jun 11, 2012 5:32 PM
Apr 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
underMebius said:
Maddo_scientisto said:
Blackbird said:

Oh right, I forgot that you know all the rules of the tournament...
Seriously, I'm not saying that they can change whenever they want but there may be exception when it's allowed or events in which it is and you cannot say that this is impossible.

Honestly if they don't put Saki up against Teru at the very end, I'm certain ALOT of fans will be very disappointed.
Jun 11, 2012 6:46 PM

Oct 2009
ymhr6 said:

Honestly if they don't put Saki up against Teru at the very end, I'm certain ALOT of fans will be very disappointed.

Well, there's always the individuals...
Jun 11, 2012 10:33 PM

Aug 2008
Ksa said:
KaitoDash said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
KaitoDash said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=450609

Three Additional Episodes of Saki Achiga-hen Announced

I see. So it won't end by episode 12. We may need to wait for Blu-Ray or ONA.
Jun 12, 2012 6:52 AM

Oct 2009
KaitoDash said:

I see. So it won't end by episode 12. We may need to wait for Blu-Ray or ONA.

and an OVA/DVD/BD extra? for that special Achiga chapter...
Jun 12, 2012 7:23 AM

Apr 2008
So ridiculous :P
Such over the top effects on their moves :P

Jun 12, 2012 7:40 AM
Jan 2011
Teru the Terrible!
Jun 12, 2012 8:56 AM

Jul 2008
Oohoshi_Awai said:
ymhr6 said:

Man get over it, Kiyosumi will NOT participate in the individuals.
Kiyosumi didn't participate in the premilinaries individuals so they can't participate in the national individuals.
It's just like the team tournament: you can't register in the national since you gotta win the premilinaries to be able to participate. The national are like a continuation of the premilinaries and aren't another tournament you can just go register to.

The mangaka will have to find another way around to show Saki vs Teru, and putting Teru somehow at the post of captain sound like the best option imo.

But Kiyosumi might just had entered the tournament in the shadow without us noticing

But the anime did the individual so we'll probably see it there
Jun 12, 2012 2:30 PM

Nov 2007
I think you are the one that should get over it.

Maddo_scientisto said:

The manga has already agreed that Kiyosumi in the individuals is canon, and everything else that the anime epilogue showed has been also made canon as the manga progressed (Jindai, Nodoka vs miko loli, the BD versions clearly show Toyone). You say the manga must work as a standalone but the ways things have been planned so far doesn't agree with you. At this point I almost see Saki as a multi-medium series.

The achiga anime was announced pretty much the moment the Achiga manga started serialization, and everything is supervised by Ritz, so even if you might not like it, The way things are progressing suggests that the individuals will be the moment when Saki fights Teru because during the team tournament, it will be Tacos who will get burned.
Jun 12, 2012 6:00 PM

Oct 2009
^^

I think the individuals on the anime is supervised by Ritz = canon, I mean, the manga's pace's slower than the anime's pace that finish the perfecture finals faster than the mangas (4 days?) back then and the individuals is being foreshadowed on the manga (by Kubo and Fujita's talking)
And since it looks like it, we might get the conclusion of Achiga hen on anime than on Manga...
Jun 12, 2012 11:56 PM

Aug 2010
Subara!

Oh wow, this was easily the best episode of the show so far! Ain't Toki cute? She has this delusion that she can stand up to the Mahjong Demon herself, aaaw! Only one lesbian has the chance to do that however. Gotta hand it to Kuroko Hanada though, with a little help she managed to stop Teru, she deserves a medal for that! Kuro did a very good job representing Achiga, she demonstrates perfectly how useless they are (at this point I care more about the other schools to be honest). 5/5. Can't wait for the next episode, witness the utter destruction in the wake of Teru. I wonder though, was this foreshadowing? When Toki realized how she used to enjoy mahjong even when she lost, she helped Hanada stop Teru. Will the power of LOVE be the force that puts an end to Teru's reign once she confronts her little sis? (I can actually see this happening: "I love you sis, no matter what. Tsumo. Rinshan Kaihou.")

Subara!
Mogami-kunJun 13, 2012 12:02 AM
Jun 13, 2012 2:00 AM

Oct 2009
Mogami-kun said:
Subara!
She has this delusion that she can stand up to the Mahjong Demon herself, aaaw! Only one lesbian has the chance to do that however. Gotta hand it to Kuroko Hanada though, with a little help she managed to stop Teru, she deserves a medal for that! Kuro did a very good job representing Achiga, she demonstrates perfectly how useless they are (at this point I care more about the other schools to be honest). 5/5. Can't wait for the next episode, witness the utter destruction in the wake of Teru. I wonder though, was this foreshadowing? When Toki realized how she used to enjoy mahjong even when she lost, she helped Hanada stop Teru. Will the power of LOVE be the force that puts an end to Teru's reign once she confronts her little sis? (I can actually see this happening: "I love you sis, no matter what. Tsumo. Rinshan Kaihou.")

Subara!

> Achiga - Useless

*high fives* :D

Subara is the word of the week, lol.

Actually, Kuro is being useful... kinda. God knows what will happens if Teru got those dora... Bot other than that... le sigh

She should really just incest with Yuu to increase her mahjong lesbian power, lol.

I dunno, the Saki Teru conversation is just too far-sighted, but yes, Miyanaga-cest all the way...

I think Toki is comparing when she's currently fighting Teru as ace, with when she's playing against other Senriyama member when she's still on 3rd team.

She lost a lot back then/can't win much? and she comparing herself with current condition, where she got curbstomped by Teru...
She's having tanoshii time back then, so totally different when she's with Teru...
And of course, she then realizes that other player (Kirame) also has Tanoshii time against Teru too, and she didn't give up. :3

I guess Kirame and Toki will help each other to stop Teru time... (Since Kuro's just so... useless I guess - can't/won't call...)
Jun 13, 2012 1:10 PM

Jul 2009

SUBARA!!! WAHAHA

Oohoshi_Awai said:
Subara!

I guess Kirame and Toki will help each other to stop Teru time... (Since Kuro's just so... useless I guess - can't/won't call...)

otherwise, if teru meet saki at a table, i think it gonna be in this order:

1. teru beat down everybody in 1st round and saki is teriffy
  2. break and nodoka doing yuri stuff ^^"
  3. saki come back for second round
  4. teru acknowlegde saki
  5. TSUMO! RINSHAN KAIHOU! SUU ANKO SUUKANSU Dai suushii Chinrouto in your face!!!!!
bruh
Jun 13, 2012 8:57 PM

Sep 2010
kei78 said:

SUBARA!!! WAHAHA

Oohoshi_Awai said:
Subara!

4. teru acknowlegde saki
  5. TSUMO! RINSHAN KAIHOU! SUU ANKO SUUKANSU Dai suushii Chinrouto in your face!!!!!

Are you a newbie in riichi?

Daisuushi and Chinrouto aren't compatible.

For Saki, best hand will be: tsumo rinshan suuankou suukantsu daisuushi tsuisou = yakuman x5
2e16nig.png
Jun 13, 2012 9:27 PM

Jul 2009
Ksa said:
kei78 said:

SUBARA!!! WAHAHA

Oohoshi_Awai said:
Subara!

4. teru acknowlegde saki

Are you a newbie in riichi?

Daisuushi and Chinrouto aren't compatible.

For Saki, best hand will be: tsumo rinshan suuankou suukantsu daisuushi tsuisou = yakuman x5

Iam not a noob, just wrong copy paste >_<
and no it is 6 yakuman

if you rishan on suu ankou, suu kantsu, you finish on the tanki (pair wait) so suu ankou become a double yakuman....

... except is you're a EMA player, this hand is limited to just a double yakuman and not 6
bruh
Jun 13, 2012 9:49 PM

Oct 2009
Nope, it's quadruple Yakuman, worth Yakuman x 6.

Next week the rape train will continue... >:D

And since we got extra episodes, does that means we'll get to see other Shiraitodai players play?
Jun 15, 2012 9:14 AM

Mar 2012
Maddo_scientisto said:
Oohoshi_Awai said:
ymhr6 said:

Man get over it, Kiyosumi will NOT participate in the individuals.
Kiyosumi didn't participate in the premilinaries individuals so they can't participate in the national individuals.
It's just like the team tournament: you can't register in the national since you gotta win the premilinaries to be able to participate. The national are like a continuation of the premilinaries and aren't another tournament you can just go register to.

The mangaka will have to find another way around to show Saki vs Teru, and putting Teru somehow at the post of captain sound like the best option imo.

But Kiyosumi might just had entered the tournament in the shadow without us noticing

Oh my, we can't just get over it since you're the one who's ignoring a lot evidence from the canon materials.

Not to burst your bubble or anything but it's really weird for you to assume every fillers from the anime aren't canon materials ^^ Fillers or not, the Nationals preview was done by the anime producer with supervision by Ritz himself. It was proved to be canon, anyway. The preview worked as a foreshadowing. I'm sure the contents of the 'fillers' were added by Ritz himself and he even supervised the storyboards. That's what most original creators do, supervise the storyboards of their anime.

So even though the content is “filler” because it doesn’t occur in the manga, it is still canon. The same applies to Individuals. I doubt Ritz wants to waste time by showing us the matches of Individuals in the manga, anyway.

The individuals is actually CANON and it did happen in the manga, the matches weren't shown, though. Kiyosumi DID enter the tournament. Mihoko was the champion of the individuals(this is CONFIRMED in the Achiga's manga) Even the anime-exclusive character, Nanpo Kazue, DOES exist in the manga . And the match when Saki could see Momo's dealt tiles, also HAPPENED.

Guess I have to put this up since you won't listen...

Spoiler for individuals in the manga

Please take all the evidence from the canon materials into account before shoving your arguments down someone's throat ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki Achiga-hen ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

0 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 9, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jul 1, 2012

115 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 3, 2012

99 by 0ni_Link »»
Apr 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 24, 2012

137 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 17, 2012

95 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 1:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.