MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Who else would love a Ufotable adaption of Fate/SN? (Spoilers)
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fate/Zero 2nd Season »» Who else would love a Ufotable adaption of Fate/SN? (Spoilers)

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
06-10-12, 3:09 AM

Sign me up for Heaven's feel

06-10-12, 9:18 AM

Lumathy said:
There was already a F/SN adaption (not that old), it's not that necessary really.

No there was not. :)

"Latex/Stupid Fillers" does not count.

I could care less about heaven's feel, but I certainly would like them to make 13 episode long UBW. Ufotable has shown that they understand the level of animation and overpowered that is needed to correctly display FSN battles and they most likely would do justice to Shirou's awesome character and psychology.

06-10-12, 10:51 AM

Fai said:
I could care less about heaven's feel, but I certainly would like them to make 13 episode long UBW. Ufotable has shown that they understand the level of animation and overpowered that is needed to correctly display FSN battles and they most likely would do justice to Shirou's awesome character and psychology.

That would require monologues. Lots and lots of monologues. That "awesome character and psychology" was not displayed in Shiro's dialogue. It would be tedious rather than impressive.

Heavens feel in general is a bit up and down in quality. The start of it is dead slow with the first battle being a pure disappointment. By my estimates it would take at least 6 episodes before it started getting good as the beginning was held up with much harem hijinks. Honestly though we all want heavens feel for the ending scenes as they are pretty epic.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

06-10-12, 10:52 AM

Colour me sceptical. The original F/SN adaption wasn't underwhelming because it was poorly adapted, it was underwhelming because the visual novel is impossible to adapt satisfactorily into a single story. You can only really adapt it by doing the three routes one after the other, which is less a studio change, more a complete change in approach. This is hardly like KyoAni and Kanon. I'd prefer they applied their talents to go and adapt something else which better fits the single-story mode of television serial. (Or do something original, of course.)

06-10-12, 10:55 AM

Let's see (it doesn't hurt to dream huh?):

Fate can work if you tweak some details and make it darker and edgier. You need to re-write the Saber/Shirou relationship because it was pretty painful sometimes.

UBW is the worst route to connect to Zero. It's filled with unimportant things from a plot standpoint. Basically it focus on Archer who has zero connection to F/Z. Therefore, it'll look pretty ridiculous.

Heaven's Feel would work the best after Fate/Zero. The love interest make sense, creepy/dark atmosphere, they solve the plot, etc. There needs to be some rewriting for pacing purpose. Remove a chunk of the slice of life scene (but this is in every single route), add more Servant bits (in particular of Saber and Gilgamesh). Have Gen as scriptwriter.

ssjokg said:
@Lumathy
I dont think so.Since they could handle the Caster Team scenes fine,I dont see the problem with the gore of HF or the sex scenes.They can use the Realta nua version or just imply it.Yosuga no sora(other studio but anyway) did have sex scenes so I dont she the problem with HF.
Or make some ova(but the wait will kill me like Hellsing Ultimate)

They can just fade to black. They can't use Realta Nua with Sakura because it destroys the backstory that was told in Fate/Zero. Have Rider suck Shirou's blood in the dream, though.
Modified by Thess, 06-10-12, 11:00 AM

06-10-12, 11:00 AM

logopolis said:
Colour me sceptical. The original F/SN adaption wasn't underwhelming because it was poorly adapted, it was underwhelming because the visual novel is impossible to adapt satisfactorily into a single story. You can only really adapt it by doing the three routes one after the other, which is less a studio change, more a complete change in approach. This is hardly like KyoAni and Kanon. I'd prefer they applied their talents to go and adapt something else which better fits the single-story mode of television serial. (Or do something original, of course.)

Well in FSN you CANT mix the routes.The point is Deen ruined Fate route and UBW.The first had such a bad pacing that until ep 14 and after 15 it become bad again.UBW being adapted as a movie was a really bad idea.It was only worth for the fights were even there they did whatever they liked.

06-10-12, 11:03 AM

AidanAK47 said:
Fai said:

That would require monologues. Lots and lots of monologues. That "awesome character and psychology" was not displayed in Shiro's dialogue. It would be tedious rather than impressive.

There's nothing wrong with monologues, especially nasuverse ones.

DEEN already tried to turn FSN into downright pure "action animu". They failed. because its not action animu. Its pseudo philosophical...thing with action. thats how it should be. Monologues are the must.

logopolis said:

Which is EXACTLY how it should have been approached.

it downright STATES in the game that ALL ROUTES HAPPEN. FSN is story of three(four) parallel dimensions.

06-10-12, 11:09 AM

Fai said:

it downright STATES in the game that ALL ROUTES HAPPEN. FSN is story of three(four) parallel dimensions.

More than that. You're only counting the true endings. All the endings are canon. Shirou died in most cases.

06-10-12, 11:11 AM

Thess said:

Heaven's Feel would work the best after Fate/Zero. The love interest make sense, creepy/dark atmosphere, they solve the plot, etc. There needs to be some rewriting for pacing purpose. Remove a chunk of the slice of life scene (but this is in every single route), add more Servant bits (in particular of Saber and Gilgamesh). Have Gen as scriptwriter.

^THIS
They can just fade to black. They can't use Realta Nua with Sakura because it destroys the backstory that was told in Fate/Zero. Have Rider suck Shirou's blood in the dream, though.

Yeah because as you noticed those unfamiliar with Fateverse notice these "details",theywould either go" where is the action" or "stupid fanservice"...And I dont care about Sakura's sex scenes.OK that was a lie,but between animated HF without them or no HF at all,I prefer Sakura becoming Dracula.

06-10-12, 11:15 AM

ssjokg said:
Yeah because as you noticed those unfamiliar with Fateverse notice these "details",theywould either go" where is the action" or "stupid fanservice"...And I dont care about Sakura's sex scenes.OK that was a lie,but between animated HF without them or no HF at all,I prefer Sakura becoming Dracula.

They should just kiss and pan out.

06-10-12, 11:23 AM

Fai said:
AidanAK47 said:
Fai said:

There's nothing wrong with monologues, especially nasuverse ones.

DEEN already tried to turn FSN into downright pure "action animu". They failed. because its not action animu. Its pseudo philosophical...thing with action. thats how it should be. Monologues are the must.

They can get very pretentious. Have you tried rereading the visual novel? I did and let me tell you that those monologues get pretty boring. When you get down to it they are the same as his infodumps. It's just repeating the same thing in numerous purposely fragmented ways so that when the reader actually gets it then it gets the impression of being deep and meaningful. However that's not the case. It's just that the explanations were beating around the bush.

Fai said:
Which is EXACTLY how it should have been approached.

Good luck finding a studio willing to adapt all three routes one after the other. Doesn't matter how popular it is. There ain't a chance in hell that's going to happen.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

06-10-12, 12:25 PM

AidanAK47 said:

Good luck finding a studio willing to adapt all three routes one after the other. Doesn't matter how popular it is. There ain't a chance in hell that's going to happen.

Huh, if it actually sells well i'm sure studios would gladly do it.

Myanimelist is just a crappy game.

06-10-12, 1:27 PM

The main problem with animating all 3 routs of f/sn separately is that the first 1/3 of the story in all 3 of them is 99% the same. They are the parts that you read once in the Fate route and then skipped in the other 2, because repeating the same things is boring. They can't even make that 1/3 a big prologue and then make the rest 3 arcs, Higurashi-style, because that 1% that differs is actually the important stuff that determines which route will occur.
So, the only way would be to do what they did in the UBW movie, ie skip through that first parts in lightning speed - which totally breaks the flow of the story, as anyone who watched that movie will undoubtedly know.

It's not just a mattar of "are there enough people interested for it to make it's money back"
You simply have to understand that certain things simply can't translate well when transfered to certain media. Extensive inner monologues and narrator monologues simply do not work outside of written stories. Choose-your-story, which is perfectly feasible in VNs/games and, to a lesser extend, books, simply can't properly happen in a non-interactive TV series or in a movie. That doesn't mean that daptations are bad - it just means that the source material has to be tampered with in certain ways before it can be adapted. The producers have to substitute certain things with others pick one of the multiple available stories, because there is no other realistic way for the series/film to work.

So, a HF adaptation? Unlikely, but perfectly possible. An adaptation of all the routes in a row? Highly unlikely and not that possible...

06-10-12, 1:31 PM

There once was a director who had the balls to air the same episode 8 weeks in a row with different swim suits. They could just do those early parts again for all 3 routes, while perhaps not ideal for viewers who get bored easily it isn't something that is completely out of the question.

06-10-12, 1:39 PM

jpem said:
There once was a director who had the balls to air the same episode 8 weeks in a row with different swim suits.

Aaaaaaand it passed down in Anime history as the 2nd worst decission ever, right below the decission to give an OVA clearence to "Mars of Destruction"... with the difference that MoD was actually entertaining, in how hilariously bad it was, while Endless Eight was so wrist-slitting-boring that half the audience quit the series and the other half needed anti-depressants to finish it...

06-10-12, 2:02 PM

Wasn't my point. Was just saying such a thing is not impossible. And the problem would be even less with F/SN as you wouldn't be watching the same episodes week to week, but over an extensive period of time considering they probably wouldn't run all three at the same time.

Also consider how people love both FMA:Brotherhood and the original Fullmetal despite both starting covering the same stuff. As long as the rest is interesting fans will be able to deal with the start being the same as is the case with that franchise.

06-10-12, 2:08 PM

jpem said:
Wasn't my point. Was just saying such a thing is not impossible. And the problem would be even less with F/SN as you wouldn't be watching the same episodes week to week, but over an extensive period of time considering they probably wouldn't run all three at the same time.

Also consider how people love both FMA:Brotherhood and the original Fullmetal despite both starting covering the same stuff. As long as the rest is interesting fans will be able to deal with the start being the same as is the case with that franchise.

Wasn't saying it's impossible as in "can't be done", but rather as in "can't be made properly"

Also, FMA:B was not a back-to-back adaptation of 2 routes - it was a re-adaptation of a classic, several years from the original. Not at all the same thing...

06-10-12, 2:09 PM

Use Cherry Blossom Dreams as the anime ending. All the Good in This Life, Sparks Liner High, Femme Fatale, and Mind of Steel endings be included in bluray. Watch the sales go up.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.

06-10-12, 2:35 PM

The only difference is the time between them. And no has said they need to be back to back. They could do one every couple of years and it would still be fine.

06-10-12, 2:56 PM

jpem said:
The only difference is the time between them. And no has said they need to be back to back. They could do one every couple of years and it would still be fine.

It was a difference of 6 years worth of progress in Animation and video quality. 6 years in which we went from DVDs and 640x480 CRTs to Blue Ray and 1080p 120Hz LED LCD...
For all intends and purposes, this was less of a 2nd route and more of an HD remake of the original.

Also
AidanAK47 said:

I believe we were supposed to be talking about this^ all this all this time... which is back-to-back adaptation... which will not happen.

Because if we are not talking back-to-back, we just need Deen to adapt HF and there you go, all 3 routes adapted.
Modified by Pan151, 06-10-12, 2:59 PM

Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices