Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 21, 2015 4:15 AM

Jul 2014
Very nice epilogue. Loved it.

Man, i'm gonna miss this show. it was really a great run ;_;
May 5, 2015 6:30 PM

May 2012
Fun sidestory I must say, quite liked it as well and it's good they separated this from the main story as well!
May 9, 2016 3:33 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I can see why this was an OVA episode and not part of the broadcast, it certainly doesn't feel like the finale to a thriller. But it's the real ending because it gives closure, whereas I was surprised at episode 12 ending with the two Fumika crying.

I like how Fumi-chan keeps trying to live on with her own strength, and it's sad that she was going to school as a punishment for suing her father....she had every right to sue him, and she already knows that Mika was the one who shot Kirameki. But I suppose she doesn't think like normal people, and she did love her father very much. I can see where she's coming from, it's just sad that she thought she deserved the bullying and the people talking behind her back. I'm happy for her though for making a friend, and for persuading Suzune not do seek revenge. She can't escape the people who care about her ^^

It's also nice how despite it seeming to be episodic for the most part, the characters in the series were connected to each other. It worked out really well. And I don't know how I didn't realize this, but the investigator from the second episode all the way through was Kaname's father...how did I not notice that.

Anyways, great closure episode, now I'm completely satisfied with the ending to the series.
May 12, 2017 5:58 PM

Nov 2016
Good OVA, this felt more like a proper ending.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 9, 2017 1:32 AM

Feb 2014
whoa an OVA that managed to nicely wrap up a series? now that's rare lol

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Dec 13, 2017 10:17 AM

Nov 2011
This special is also exceptional, which keeps the qualities seen in the anime series unaltered. An addition that makes you appreciate even more what has been seen before. Not being anything futile, I give him the same rating of the TV series, since it completes it.

9/10
Dec 14, 2017 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
Watching this show again, the overall main story was better than I remembered and left me very impressed except for few particular episodic episodes (like ep4/10) (which probably different from the original source for tv airing) but now this special episode wasn't very good continuation especially we have seen better executed story in the main show. It just tries to put in many too many stories and character moments and fall flat. Honestly the last episode left the show completeness as long you realise the actual story isn't just about Shigofumi rather Fumiko's character.
removed-userJan 23, 2021 6:43 AM
Aug 26, 2018 1:53 PM

Nov 2014
I really needed this episode. Now it feels complete. So nice to see everything turned out ok.
Aug 9, 2019 6:19 AM

Oct 2012
At least there's some kind of wrap up for the guy who stabbed the bully and the bullies, though I wish they got more severe punishment

Why do I found it really funny when Fumika is praising the other Fumika's cosplay then proceed to blush xD

I want to join Fumika society too!
"Signature removed"
May 3, 2020 7:59 AM

Oct 2014
"Bullying is my punishment for having shot my abusive parent. I deserve it all"
Ridiculous.
Jan 14, 2021 2:12 AM

May 2020
Z_Tetriminos said:
"Bullying is my punishment for having shot my abusive parent. I deserve it all"
Ridiculous.

Amen. It just feels like they're saying "Oh hey your dad abused mentally and physically for years but you shot him, so even stevens mm kay ?"

Also those bullies got off waay too easy in my opinion. Kikukawa's sister had a bear trap and a taser prepared but even that was going too easy on tem.
Mar 23, 2021 8:37 PM

Dec 2012
This did a sound job at wrapping up the lingering feelings that were left behind with the end of episode 12. It brought closure to how Fumi is going to move forward in her own way. While the baggage, drama & problems will remain, a sprinkle of good will paves the way for Fumi to finally stop living "halfway." To go back to the end of the main series, Fumi & Mika have now accepted what it means to live on as two separate people who, rather than being halves of a whole, are now doing only what can fulfill their own selves.

The text message at the end was also a clever way to close, both thanking those who supported the series as well as Fumi responding to the offer to live with Natsuka.

Overall, Shigofumi turned out to be quite the hidden treasure. I enjoyed how it was somewhat episodic while maintaining a continuity in the series of events as different characters connected through the aftermath of these cases. I found myself drawn in equally by both the prospects of a new scenario as well as how it would fit together in the grander scheme. Shigofumi also certainly didn't shy away from some darker themes of bullying, social alienation, abuse & suicide. The dreary sense of realism made the discomfort hit home all too often. Even so, there's a silver lining of optimism that weaves itself throughout this story and I think this is best seen in the entire concept of letters being sent beyond the grave from the departed.

8/10

Edit: Just to address why Fumi thinks being bullied is a deserved punishment for herself, I see it as her atoning for laying the burden of confronting her father on Mika instead of finding the courage to do so through her own will. While one can hardly blame her, she ultimately ran away and left it all to Mika to deal with. This is about how she is accepting the consequences of going public with her father's abuse. And while the media attention & bullying are hardly fair, Fumi has resolved herself to tolerate it as atonement to Mika, who has had to pay a far heavier price for protecting Fumi.
ZekkenshinMar 23, 2021 8:48 PM
Jun 5, 2023 10:09 AM
Jun 2013
Rayl1ght said:
At least there's some kind of wrap up for the guy who stabbed the bully and the bullies, though I wish they got more severe punishment
I am just surprised those bullies are still in school. I had expected them to get expelled and banned from any school. Meh. 
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.