Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 10, 2012 10:42 AM

Dec 2011
Mmmh, not good, not bad 6/10 average.
Jun 10, 2012 12:10 PM

May 2010
best action packed ep so far, didn't like the ending kinda killed the mood
Jun 10, 2012 1:12 PM

Dec 2009
It's finally over.

2/10
Jun 10, 2012 1:17 PM

Jul 2010
I want more of this show just so I get some answers to the few questions remaining about the characters in relation to the guns they represent.

Also, why couldn't all of the episodes be like the last few? Big shoot outs, lots of bullets, weird extended magazines (did you SEE that one AK [I think] that shot up at FNC, that magazine was MASSIVE BANANA MAG). The teacher not dying seemed like a big cop-out. The bullets do collateral damage but do no damage to humans? Are they special bullets created by the characters themselves? Do they create the ammo/magazines used in their guns?

I don't want this post to be a massive question, so, I'll leave it at a 7 rating and see what comes in the future. Wouldn't mind more, but with more gun on gun action.

No, not THAT type of gun on gun. Well....maybe a little of that too. ;)
Jun 10, 2012 3:12 PM

Jul 2010
Elle was really determined. Even when she broke she kept fighting and she even saved Sig from the freezer. To think that Sako would actually help them this time around.

What the hell do these foxes want from them? Their leader wanted to see Fukko angry. Bit of a sudden ending if you ask me. We never found out who they were. Overall it was an OK series. I liked the fact that they explained so much about guns and of course, the characters were cute. 7/10.

Jun 10, 2012 8:53 PM

Sep 2011
Loved this show.
Cause I'm that type of person.
Not the best, But still a pretty satisfying ending.
Jun 10, 2012 9:35 PM

Feb 2012
I’ll give this series a 9/10. Really this show is nothing special, but I couldn’t help but to enjoy it. I would have to put this as the third most enjoyable anime that I have ever watched. I guess that is was so ridiculous that is somehow became awesome.
Jun 11, 2012 3:28 AM

Nov 2007
7/10
Why sensei ascended into a shounen anime character killed the score.
Also, G36-chan where? TT__TT
"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

Jun 11, 2012 11:29 AM

Feb 2012
I didn't expect this anime to be the way it was all. I kinda expected it to be young girls that were assassins. I mean how awesome would that be? I still loved it though! The battle scenes were amazing. I wish they showed more of L85A1<3. Wish they could have made her stronger :P. It'd be cool if they had a second season of them in that high school place where their sisters are!
Jun 11, 2012 2:20 PM

Jul 2011
I still thinks sensei is a useless character and doesn't add much to the story. They should just get rid of him. When he got shot, I was like great, hope he dies, or leaves i dont know.

At first when I read the description i thought it was going to be about a teacher transferring into an out of the ordinary school. So that had me hesitant about watching the show.
BUt I'm glad I did, it was more about FNC and the other girls/guns. Their story is much more interesting.
However this ending was no ending. I watched this episode not knowing it was the last episode, and it sure as hell didn't seem like it at all.

I hope there is a sequel to this, and not just that OVA. But an actual season.
I really enjoyed the show, anything after the 1st episode.

I give it an 8/10. All for the nice animation, cast, uniqueness, story, and enjoyment.
-1 (too much focus on sensei, don't like him at all)
-1 too short, unsatisfying ending

well I hope i remember about the OVA, since its way late in the year, till october.
Jun 11, 2012 3:36 PM

Jun 2008
Wordsmith said:
And at first I was confused why he wasn't dieing from the shots bun then I remembered... Guns don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people.

Hey...that is, oddly, kind of stupid and kind of clever at the same time. Guns don't kill people, so the girls (guns) themselves can't kill humans, but if someone picks them up and shoots, then they can kill.

Czechbiohazard said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
egoplant said:
3/10 for the series. Gun talk, and some ecchi. Overrated. I don't really know why I stuck with it this far. I understand why some Americans like it though.
And just why exactly would Americans like it? Please don't tell me because Americans like guns, cause that's what it sounds like you're saying.

Actually, Egoplant is right with some Americans. I'm an American gun enthusiast, and I love this anime series. Largely due to the fact that it involves girls that are personified firearms. What more could a redneck want? Talking about lubing up your weapon..... :D

Anyhow, I hope that you aren't offended by Egoplant's comment, because a large percentage of Americans do own firearms and love firearms. So if you are offended by the facts, then ROFL!!!! :D

I've lived in America all my life and never found any of us to be gun enthusiasts. I like this show, but not because I like guns. Some Americans, sure, but I agree with Tenchi_Ryu in that it's not really right to just assume Americans are gun enthusiasts and will therefore enjoy this.
Jun 11, 2012 10:40 PM

Jun 2008
People really take things too seriously with the "guns don't kill people, but people kills people".

It's just a rule set for that world.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 12, 2012 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
I kinda hoped Funco would have brutally shot her actually...
Quite an enjoyable series, though the ending was terrible. Also, I did not really like the battle that much, I enjoyed the silly gun joke episodes more. If this battle didn't have some of those moments I would have given this a 6, now I think I'll stick with the 7 ^^

Jun 13, 2012 12:33 PM

Sep 2007
That's it? That was kind of a stupid end. 7/10
Jun 14, 2012 1:04 AM

Dec 2011
Upotte!>Hyouka(so far)
Jun 14, 2012 7:10 PM

Nov 2011
Finished this series today and lol'd. Well, not too bad for the final episode but still, it was "meh" for me. Dem loli gun girls.
Jun 15, 2012 12:38 AM

Aug 2010
Wordsmith said:
Guns don't kill people. PEOPLE kill people.

And then suddenly Upotte!! was deep. I didn't think of that, was too busy facepalming, but now I can raise my score for the ep a 4 instead of a 3 out of 5. It had some weak parts, but Rapelf returning was nice and the firefights were okay. I'm usually not one to say this but....second season where? I seriously enjoyed this more than I should have 7/10.

Edit: Fixed a typo.
Mogami-kunApr 8, 2013 11:47 AM
Jun 15, 2012 12:49 PM

Mar 2008
Damn, it's already finished :( Taht was really nice and unusual, let's hope they will make another season maybe, even if i doubt it :(
Jun 16, 2012 2:59 PM

Jun 2010
This Anime exist for the Moeness and the lols, don't hate too much on the story guys.
Jun 26, 2012 3:48 AM

Feb 2010
I'm Gonna give it 7/10 very nice series overall but the ending was just disappointing
Jun 28, 2012 4:33 AM

Feb 2011
I'm off to the manga then.
Jul 3, 2012 11:37 AM

May 2011
Wordsmith said:
Nice one, this never crossed my mind while I was watching this.

This anime was very enjoyable and I liked it a lot. It had a lot of funny moments and the fights were actually pretty cool. Not to mention how cute and moe all of these girls were. :d Ahh I wanted more of those highschoolers like Funko's sister though.
Jul 8, 2012 8:47 PM

May 2011
I cracked up a little when the teacher got shot lol. *Hears gunfire* *Runs right into it* *Gets shot*. XD

There were some pretty enjoyable moments from this series. At least it kept my interest with the comedy and some of the fights were pretty decent as well. Gonna miss that OP though, it's so cute. :3
-Kenshin-Jul 8, 2012 8:57 PM
Jul 23, 2012 11:17 PM

Jun 2012
I personally loved the ending, and this was my favorite episode yet. It begs for another season, and although the ending is rather abrupt I still enjoyed it. I give the series a 9/10.

I also do think teacher played a role in all this, for example.

Also near the end.

And let's not forget when FNC exposed her bra because she was overhearting, and she said that Teacher views them as girls rather than guns, but she likes it.

When teacher got shot, and the AK and teacher went at it, it taught FNC and the others more about themselves.

Or something like that. I'm probably going too deep into it, but I like him. He added a little extra to the series, and I loved those Teacher x FNC moments. They were cute.

Just some random stuff:

-Sako is back!
-Elle was damn smart by holding her mag with her knees
-Sig with that headshot after she got out of the freezer was great
-FNC taking out 3 girls with 3 bullets was pure win
-That Elle pantie shot was unexpected but great
KoshiiJul 23, 2012 11:29 PM
Jul 26, 2012 8:38 PM
Feb 2011
Wish the teacher was actually a gun and did something.
Aug 9, 2012 6:34 PM

Jul 2009
I think the end about how the bullet wouldnt kill was a cop out personally...oh well I loved the series (and now seriously want an AUG)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2012 9:44 PM
Aug 2012
In the Manga they go into detail why he did not get hurt a bit better. They are tools, Tools don't hurt people by their own free will, only humans and hurt humans. Tools just do the will of humans. Since no human is using them, no humans can get hurt. Chapter 24.

Btw I loved this show, very funny, and I loved all the details about the guns.
Nov 17, 2012 4:19 AM

Jun 2011
ShadowGilgamesh said:
I liked most of the ep, but the end of the battle(and show) was horrible.

But I enjoyed the show a lot overall, and would love to see more.

Agreed. What's with that gin iro kami onna? Why is nihon go sensei not hurt, that explaination is a little.. (-.-)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 1, 2012 1:10 AM

Jan 2011
The final battle was nice but... I felt that it was seriously out of place, like it was just forced into the plot. This is just my take on things though.

Just a few things I noticed...
Why was there even blood in the first place since guns cant kill people. The reabsorbing of the blood was just nonsensical.
The whole thing ended just like that, without any insight on those "fox girls".
So, do they stay in school for the rest of their lives? Or do they just end middle school and that's that?

I really liked the teacher, though it's kinda sad nobody knows his name...
Could've shown more development between FNC and the teacher since most of the animes revolves around yuri and a normal relationship would be a good change.

Overall, I found this anime rather entertaining but not as nice at times.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 20, 2013 11:17 PM
Nov 2012
Just finished this show. What a ratings roller coaster. When the show started I gave it a 4/10 because it was so creepy and pervy.

I decided to watch a few more and they toned down the creepy factor while offering interesting facts about guns that I didn't know so I upgraded it to a 6/10.

The last episode was okay but the whole guns don't kill people, people kill people ending was ridiculous so for me the show ended where it started 4/10.
Jul 24, 2013 6:47 PM

May 2012
A bit of a strange way to end of the series, while it was still pretty decent what I first saw in this anime was totally missing, the potential was taken out and just thrown away for fan service and lousy puns with slight action...

Still a great concept and a fairly decent anime! Lets see what the OVA has to offer!
Jan 5, 2014 4:46 PM
Dec 2013
Really liked this series, and the OVA was cute. If there are future episodes, I hope Japanese Teacher will use FNC someday. Or maybe be the one to register her.
Mar 25, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2009
Oh I get it I think...
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
Apr 16, 2014 5:50 PM
Mar 2013
The series was quite fun to watch, but the ending was a total disappointment! Cmon gradeschoolers are submachine guns the main characters are assault rifles and senpais are high caliber assault rifles but when they go to highschool they wont change??? Was hoping that they'll change into .50 caliber sniper rifles or smthing but noooo! And i'm still wondering, whats the name of the sensei.
Apr 21, 2014 5:34 PM

Jul 2012
Sweet! Really nice gun and cute girls anime. owo
Don't know why people are complaining about the artwork: It wasn't the best, but it wasn't bad either. It was decent! x3
The guns and action were alright as well. :3
The characters were really cute! I loved FNC! x3

Overall good gun anime, really informative? owo
Aug 16, 2014 12:05 AM

Jan 2010
So guns don't kill people, people kill people.

In hindsight, all the jokes with Funko shooting the teacher makes sense now. She couldn't kill him in the first place. She could only give him hell for making her mad.

For all intents and purposes, this show should have been crap. It ended up being a light introduction to rifles. I respect that. Also, I'm surprised that they managed to turn guns - something usually associated as something phallic - into a source of innuendos for the girls.
Sep 30, 2014 5:58 AM
May 2012
I thought it wasn't a bad anime but instead was a very mediocre anime.

It pushed fan service instead of a story / plot and 10 episodes weren't enough for character development.
Jun 11, 2015 2:53 PM

Feb 2014
Wow, I thought that SAKO had left Funco and the other girls school after losing that tournament. After all she changes all the times of school, and right before that kiss she gives on Funco, she says that she has no interest in a school that she can't "control". So I thought that she had changed of school again, besides, we don't see her anymore after that, even in the school (if she hadn't left, we were supposed to see her again in the school after that tournament, don't?).

Well, I really enjoyed this series (episodes 7 and 8 are exception).

PS1.: Episodes 7 and 8 were really boring in my opinion, but the others were really good/fun to watch.

PS2.: Well, we have yes, some questions unanswered and some things not well explained.

PS3.: I don't have nothing particulary against that japanese sensei, but I don't like when the focus starts to be him, for me he ruins the mood. And to get worse, Funco has a crush on him. For me, if it had to happen some relationship with Funco, it should be: Yuri (SAKO or SIG) > stay alone > stay with sensei.

PS4.: I wish this had more episodes or another season, I guess I'll have to go to read the manga, then.
TechOtakuJun 11, 2015 2:59 PM
Jul 23, 2016 9:10 PM

Dec 2012
Wait that's it? :o A bit meh on the ending part but overall a pretty entertaining anime. ^~^
Jan 16, 2018 3:23 PM
Jun 2017
maybe i missed it, but why did the east (Nanayon AK47) attack them? was it meaningless and really just for fun? :o
Feb 8, 2018 10:12 PM

Jan 2018
Looks like AK spent too much time in the hands of terrorists - that'd explain why she's so agressive

Anyway, I do admit that the show was trashy, but this is just the kind of trash that I'd love to dive into. Sorry, people, but cute girls and guns is one of my favourite combinations

8/10
Oct 25, 2019 4:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Fortunately sensei can't die by bullets from weapon girls.
It was a really good anime, it's too short, 8/10
Nov 11, 2019 5:35 AM

Aug 2018
Alrighty then. A pleasant enough series, though there’s not much to say about it. No plot, cgdct, and fan service for the game players.

6/10
Sep 7, 2022 11:02 PM
Mar 2018
This Episode has a double meaning and has a connection to real world conflicts. as the AK's (Eastern) were going against AR's (Western)
Feb 10, 2023 2:41 AM

Sep 2018
Stupid deus ex machina at the end with the Sensei not dying, and a contrived point being explained right at the end. Also, a little dissatisfied with not seeing any sort of transformation from girl to gun. A very entertaining and trashy show though. 7/10. 
Apr 17, 4:29 PM

Oct 2017
I am from the future. I am depress no season 2.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Upotte!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

OrochiPL - May 5, 2012

103 by Dripz2012 »»
Apr 13, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Upotte!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Dr_Funkadelic - Apr 14, 2012

70 by Dripz2012 »»
Apr 10, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Upotte!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mirorin - Apr 7, 2012

149 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 16, 2023 5:13 PM

Poll: » Upotte!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OrochiPL - Jun 2, 2012

65 by korsarz »»
Sep 29, 2021 4:02 PM

Poll: » Upotte!! Episode 8 Discussion

OrochiPL - May 26, 2012

35 by korsarz »»
Sep 28, 2021 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.